March 28, 2024, 11:56:52 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)  (Read 25460 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2016, 01:26:55 AM »
Kid at Piarco pursued Joel Campbell's signature. See video:

http://www.nacion.com/m/deportes/seleccion-nacional/Keylor-Navas-Joel-Campbell-Aeropuerto_0_1596640425.html

CRC reporter surprised by the lack of hostility or fanfare upon CRC's arrival. Mistakenly pronounces that cricket and rugby are more popular than football in T&T.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2016, 04:57:44 AM »
ITS GAME DAY!!! Heart, soul, passion, concentration, technical and tactical ability for 90 minutes in Red, Black & White is what I expect. I doh care what team Navas, Campbell and Co play for. We are Trinbagonians; we are soca warriors; we are de Red Army!! Show no respect, we going for de jugular!! Same thing vs Honduras away which I think is the tougher assignment of the two. Lead from de front el Capitan KJ!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ah hear Jamaican artist Movado to perform at T&T vs Costa Rica
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »
Firetruckery!!!   :frustrated: :banginghead:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »

http://www.nacion.com/m/deportes/seleccion-nacional/Keylor-Navas-Joel-Campbell-Aeropuerto_0_1596640425.html

CRC reporter surprised by the lack of hostility or fanfare upon CRC's arrival. Mistakenly pronounces that cricket and rugby are more popular than football in T&T.

Must be a cub reporter. Fresh in the game.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2016, 07:55:55 AM »
don't see a problem, as a matter of fact, poll the team and see who they listen to most between those two artist. Don't mean there isn't any appreciation for Blue or any of our own local artist. this is almost trumpish, we older folks on the other hand prefer our old (& young local artiste), guess we have our uses. ;D
as a side on a personal note: for a carnival TT association fundraiser here a reggae artiste in town offer to perform for free to help our community, a TT artiste also in town requested 3k up front. Who do we take ? Maybe Movado is a socawarrior fan.  :devil:
also note, he colla with Fay-Ann, so might be a friends and family thing..either way, who cares..it's about the football
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:29:03 AM by maxg »

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2016, 08:39:21 AM »

Must be a cub reporter. Fresh in the game.

I think the lack of fanfare was more insulting to him than if they had a hostile welcome. If so I hope the players share the same sentiment and mission accomplished.  :rotfl:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
don't see a problem, as a matter of fact, poll the team and see who they listen to most between those two artist. Don't mean there isn't any appreciation for Blue or any of our own local artist. this is almost trumpish, we older folks on the other hand prefer our old (& young local artiste), guess we have our uses. ;D
as a side on a personal note: for a carnival TT association fundraiser here a reggae artiste in town offer to perform for free to help our community, a TT artiste also in town requested 3k up front. Who do we take ? Maybe Movado is a socawarrior fan.  :devil:
also note, he colla with Fay-Ann, so might be a friends and family thing..either way, who cares..it's about the football

To quote a famous Kaisonian "De both ah dem!"  ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »
There is always more than the mortar in the pestle.

Perhaps the promoter of the concert tomorrow is a sponsor.

Perhaps Movado is free

Perhaps the local artistes were contacted and buss a fee that the cash strapped TTFF couldnt afford.

Would you have preferred Uncle Ellis to come and wine instead?

Maybe the management in the TTFF would like to promote Caricom and Regional Unity and show the world that Trinidad & Tobago is not insular and petty and that we support everyone and their endeavours!
The world is becoming so fearful of "outsiders" this may be an example that we show to others.

Maybe Uncle Keith sanctioned this as payback for the yardies we didn't let in the country and who slept in Piarco.

There is a reason for him being there...just we ent find out YET!

If you want entertainment go to the fete, chutney show or concert of your favourite entertainer...why hype up yuhself about a man yuh cyar see and you would barely hear on them 2x4 lil speaker that facing the wrong direction. All who complaining never went no football before....everybody knows the stadium doh have a proper PA or sound system.

My point is this is not an issue to be up in arms and post a setta memes in social media about.

We should protest about being able to get in the stadium properly, on time no jammming no worries!

We should protest bout not having alcho in the game

We should protest about having proper washroom facilities and handicap access

Besides...you go miss both he and superblue...because yuh either ketching yuh arse to get in the stadium, looking for a beer or trying to find a toilet with light and that clean to pee.

People direct yuh energies in the right place.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:48:43 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New boy Jelani doing it for mom
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2016, 10:24:21 AM »
New boy Jelani doing it for mom
TTFA Media

Newcomer in the Trinidad and Tobago team, Jelani Peters, is having the time of his football career upon his recent call up for the two World Cup qualifying games against Costa Rica and Honduras. The W Connection player has had one previous opportunity to train with the National Under 23 team but was ruled out because of injury.

Peters relayed some of the inspiring factors in his life so far with his deceased mom at the top of his list. Vanessa Peters passed away on December 22, 2014.

“My entire family, my mom especially, have been big inspirations in my life. She passed away two years ago. I'm doing it for her. She had a mass that was blocking her eyesight in her right eye. She was away on vacation by my sister in the US. Then they did a surgery on the Dec 4, 2014. The operation wasn't successful. She passed on Dec 22, 2014,” Peters explained.

“But now I am thankful that through football I have been able to move on and this is my focus in life.

“I started off with a small community team by the name of Metro Stars. I played for my school Tranquillity Government and St Ann’s Rangers Under 18s, Jabloteh reserve then back to Rangers. Now I am at W Connection,” Peters added. His football idols are David Alaba and teammate Sheldon Bateau.

Peters will be hoping to make his debut for T&T in today’s World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 7pm.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2016, 10:24:59 AM »
T&T battle Costa Rica in Final Round
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago football team coach Stephen Hart and captain Kenwyne Jones have both issued rallying calls to the local fans to turnout in their numbers today, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, for the squad’s FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round Qualifier against Costa Rica. The game will kick off at 7 pm.

During a media conference at the Marriott Hotel, Mucurapo yesterday, Hart acknowledged, “I think the home fans have a big role to play. They should make demands on us to attack and be adventurous. They should be making demands on us to defend and do the right things.

“They should push us and constantly let us know that they’ve paid their hard-earned money and they expect certain things from us,” he continued. “I see nothing wrong with that. That’s what football is all about.” Jones, the 32-yearold Central FC forward, commented, “I think it’s very important.

All over the world you can see what the crowd support can do for the home team, especially when you’re in difficult situations.

It helps motivate you, it helps give you that extra push to be able to either get on top of teams or whatever situation (in) the game.

We’re hoping that the stadium is (filled to) capacity and the fans are rooting for the home team.” The buildup to the game, at least from the TT perspective, revolved around two midfielders, Kevin Molino and the English- born John Bostock.

Molino was suspended by Hart for today’s game, as well as Tuesday’s match away to Honduras, for a pair of team curfew breaches, while Bostock, a day after receiving clearance from FIFA to make his international debut for the twin-island republic, announced his unavailability for the forthcoming games due to personal reasons.

“I can’t worry about who is not here,” said Hart. “I have 23 players in camp, all of who are capable, all who are fighting for a spot in the (team). That’s my main focus.” Notable names on the Costa Rica team are goalkeeper Keylor Navas of Real Madrid, left-back Bryan Oviedo of Everton, midfielder Bryan Ruiz of Sporting Lisbon and forward Joel Campbell, on loan from Arsenal to Sporting Lisbon.

About the Costa Rica outfit, Hart noted, “they have good balance and what we have to do is to be not afraid to play when we are in possession. We will need to try and disrupt the way they play as much as possible and make them uncomfortable.” Another major talking point regarding the TT team is the defending - in 11 international matches this year, the national squad has conceded 24 goals while netting 20.

Asked about the defensive woes lately, Hart replied, “we’ve always been addressing it. Defending is about the team; one or two players might be placed in uncomfortable situations or they might make a mistake, but defending is about the team, everybody’s responsibility. When the ball is lost, to get it back. If we do that, then (we) don’t concede usually unless it’s a penalty or something that’s not in your control.” Jones has been on the mend from a leg injury sustained during the 2-0 loss away to Martinique, in the CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifier, on October 11. But the muscular striker noted, “I think I’m very far (in terms of fitness). If I wasn’t progressing with my injury I don’t think I would have been here.

I’ve been working hard in the last 2-3 weeks to make it to this point.” Constantly the target by fans for his inconsistent returns - he has a total of 23 goals from 82 internationals, Jones commented, “what else can you do but just saddle on and keep playing.

“At the end of the day, as much as the crowd might be up in (anger) about something, as the coach said the game is 90 minutes and I have a job to do for the team, whether it might be attempting to score, assisting, defending, whatever the case is,” he added. “So, for the 90 minutes or however long that I’m on, I’m going to make sure that I try my best to do my job.” In related news, the TT Football Association (TT FA), in a media release yesterday, noted that two popular regional artistes will be performing at today’s match - veteran soca star and multiple Road March and Soca Monarch king Super Blue (Austin Lyons) and Jamaican dancehall ace Mavado (David Brooks).

Teams: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO: Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Adrian Foncette (goalkeepers); Jelani Peters, Aubrey David, Daneil Cyrus, Carlyle Mitchell, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Sheldon Bateau, Yohance Marshall (defenders); Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Kevan George, Neveal Hackshaw, Joevin Jones, Cordell Cato, Levi Garcia, Marcus Joseph, Jomal Williams, Ataullah Guerra (midfielders); Kenwyne Jones, Trevin Caesar, Willis Plaza (strikers).

COSTA RICA: Keylor Navas, Patrick Pemberton, Esteban Alvarado (goalkeepers); Johnny Acosta, Kendall Waston, Michael Umana, Francisco Calvo, Cristian Gamboa, Ronald Matarrita, Bryan Oviedo, Jose Salvatierra, Pablo Salazar (defenders); Randall Azofeifa, Celso Borges, Yeltsin Tejeda, David Guzman, Bryan Ruiz, Cristian Bolanos, Johan Venegas, Rodney Wallace (midfielders); Joel Campbell, Ariel Rodríguez, Marco Uren (forwards).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »
If they wanted Caribbean unity they could have brought some Soca artistes from the other islands. With Carnival coming up they could have Marvey from Barbados. I could care less about movado at this moment. I want nothing more than a victory. Recently our way of supporting our team with a full fledge flowing rhythm section is being pushed aside by these DJ/technopop promoters. Frig movado and them.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
Wha Caribbean pride some of alyuh talking about? Is it West Indies cricket game playing? This is a T&T national pride event.

Anyway no wonder why there still people around the world who think Trinidad is Jamaica.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 11:29:27 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Well from a historic pov, the root of reggae music and dancehall is calypso..

But we have to accommodate the pseudo Jamaicans  :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »
There is always more than the mortar in the pestle.

Perhaps the promoter of the concert tomorrow is a sponsor.

Perhaps Movado is free

Perhaps the local artistes were contacted and buss a fee that the cash strapped TTFF couldnt afford.

Would you have preferred Uncle Ellis to come and wine instead?

Maybe the management in the TTFF would like to promote Caricom and Regional Unity and show the world that Trinidad & Tobago is not insular and petty and that we support everyone and their endeavours!
The world is becoming so fearful of "outsiders" this may be an example that we show to others.

Maybe Uncle Keith sanctioned this as payback for the yardies we didn't let in the country and who slept in Piarco.

There is a reason for him being there...just we ent find out YET!

If you want entertainment go to the fete, chutney show or concert of your favourite entertainer...why hype up yuhself about a man yuh cyar see and you would barely hear on them 2x4 lil speaker that facing the wrong direction. All who complaining never went no football before....everybody knows the stadium doh have a proper PA or sound system.

My point is this is not an issue to be up in arms and post a setta memes in social media about.

We should protest about being able to get in the stadium properly, on time no jammming no worries!

We should protest bout not having alcho in the game

We should protest about having proper washroom facilities and handicap access

Besides...you go miss both he and superblue...because yuh either ketching yuh arse to get in the stadium, looking for a beer or trying to find a toilet with light and that clean to pee.

People direct yuh energies in the right place.

Movado, or any other non Trinbagonian, performing at a Soca Warriors world cup qualifying game in Trinidad is wrong forum, wrong place, and outta forkane timing.  FULL STOP.

I eh care what de reason is, who de players does listen to, or if he performin fuh free.

If TTFA strapped and local artistes lookin to charge, play DJ music of Trinbagonian artistes.  It eh bong to have LIVE entertainment at de game in that case.

Trinis have little pride in de country and deyself.  And sadly, is often only when we move outside dat we does come to appreciate what we have.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:02:06 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »
Well said Palos :thumbsup:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2016, 12:24:05 PM »
Look there are ways to do it and it is how you approach people. If you ask Machel or Bunji and say we would like you to hype up de crowd before the game and be honest and say right now we are struggling we can't afford but in the future run maybe we can collaborate on some fund-raising endeavor.....

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
WATCH: Head Coach Stephen Hart and Captain Kenwyne Jones speak at the T&T vs Costa Rica pre-match press conference

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xB7-8KCgMDA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xB7-8KCgMDA</a>

WATCH: Defender Yohance Marshall looks ahead to T&T’s CONCACAF Hexagonal opener vs Costa Rica

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2wq5hTPt9e0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2wq5hTPt9e0</a>

WATCH: Defender Sheldon Bateau says Trinidad and Tobago is focused for today’s clash against Costa Rica

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WikVsdZHPrc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WikVsdZHPrc</a>

WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago’s final training session before their CONCACAF Final Round opener against Costa Rica

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iHzkUBTMoc8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iHzkUBTMoc8</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
IT GOOD FUH WE... what ah F#CKING SHAME
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
TTFA with no sense of Tradition and Rivalry...sad....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2016, 12:38:01 PM »
Listen,

The only reason we get Movado...is cause Kartel in jail  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
Listen,

The only reason we get Movado...is cause Kartel in jail  ;D

Iz people like you that does encourage this shit. Let me guess when Movado sing about the Jamaican gully and gaza nonsense at a Trinidad and Tobago football match allyuh will jump for joy

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
I wish the team the best of luck but some of the names on this roster and the ones left out have me wondering.

Was it a good choice to leave Mekeil Williams out who has played every minute of the Gold Cup and the last round of WC qualifiers and who is in the middle of MLS playoffs, to bring instead a newbie from W Connection which recently started at CB along with Cyrus in a 8-1 loss to Pumas? They conceded 12 goals in 2 games to Pumas.

Was it a good choice to leave out Winchester, albeit not scoring a ton, he has been a starter in a more competitive league than USL, not to mention USL has been off season for over a month and match fitness is lost within only 2 weeks tipically.

The only USL worthy player was the GK of Lousville in my opinion, because frankly the locals are very poor, and he wasn't called. He should probably be the starter. Perhaps Hodge is the strongest left foot left back, and Williams could have played on the right as he does for Colorado.

Do you think Plaza is in great form or the TT Pro league is very low level? See above Pumas dropping 12 on W Connection and playing most of their bench. Hard to argue against this point because he failed in El Salvador just few months ago and recently failed a trial in Lebanon.

Should SH insist with Bakr at CB when he plays in Estonia (a semi pro league) or Mitchell who plays in Korea Division 2. Perhaps Marshall plays week in and out vs better competition in Mexico? Not to mention Ascenso MX has starters on both Honduras and Panama national teams or even players like Joe Corona in the USA national team pool.

Do you think a player in England's 5th division should start in the Hexagonal?

What makes Molino's incident so different than tons of other players. Was it worth suspending him for 2 crucial games?

My proposed line up for game 3-4 after collecting 1 point in the next two games (I hope I am wrong but I fear 1 point is optimistic). The key for me is get the guys with the best technical/possession abilities on the field and most importantly those playing in the more competitive leagues. To this point, recently I was reading that Nicaragua's coach Duarte has not been calling Chavarria widely considered the best player of Nicaragua due to the poor choice he made in leaving Real Esteli which every year wins the league and qualifies for Concacaf CL, to go play in Spain Tercera Division. Another example is Giovinco completely snobbed by Ventura because the MLS is not competitive enough.

Ranjitsingh

Williams   Marshall    Bateau   Hodge (Aubrey)

Hyland                   

Cato (Levi)        Jomal           Joevin

Molino               

Kenwyne
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:24:39 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
Fellas is game day! We dropping 3 on CR tonight!

Good luck T&T
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2016, 01:26:24 PM »
   Movado didn't want nikki minaj fly de trini flag in he video...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
Dutty Love gone with yuh heavy negative vibes dis hour eh..

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »
Dutty Love gone with yuh heavy negative vibes dis hour eh..

Ahah like I said I hope I am wrong. Trust me.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2016, 02:15:46 PM »
Bare bad vibes this man decide to bring. STEUPS

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2016, 02:40:27 PM »
Dis man showing he self to be a fool with this speed talk. Bakr plays in Denmark btw. Mikiel Williams is not playing at all, Ranjitsingh can't just walk on this team. How often have u seen Hodge play to say he should start at left back? He mention Cyrus and Jelani conceding twelve against Pumas but what does club football have to do with international. Hasn't messi and barca been in good form? What happen last night with him against Brazil? If yuh have nun good to say keep it to yuhself nah plz. Dem fellas I sure does be reading comments on here

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
De vibes niceing up. De players massing to go to the stadium and de hotel sound system blasting Maximus Dan.

1]; } ?>