March 28, 2024, 12:37:53 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)  (Read 25461 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
Plaza is having a good run of form in the pro league, fair recall. I guess Molino will serve a sabbatical hopefully just for these two games. I know Hart had a press conference so i am not sure what the circumstances are with respect to him and the player.

I see Marshall is in for Williams too. Peters in for Hodge. I thought Hodge was decent versus Dom Rep.

Bostock named again, hopefully the FIFA issue is finally resolved.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2016, 01:33:15 AM »
Bostock should start and Levi may need to come off the bench... unless hart wants to attack and press high initially but I doubt it because Cummings is the man in the middle for that type of strategy ...

Bostock will have to be that creative mid for us since there is no Cummings, no Molino and no guerra..Cato I hope will factor into this and do well

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2016, 04:22:46 AM »
We like to discuss players who didn't make the squad. Hector comes to mind.

Really positive to see Hackshaw steadily making his case.

We shouldn't overlook that this squad is built for TWO opponents, not one.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2016, 08:13:31 AM »
I just hope our mid field can dominate this game. If our midfield/forward don't show up. That is it.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
Two defensive midfielders vs Costa Rica even though we are at home. If the front 4 can play compact they will create chances.

If by Hart's own admission that CR is the best team in the group then he needs to demonstrate pragmatism in his approach.

Stay compact and play the counter attack and convert what the game gives us.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
Two defensive midfielders vs Costa Rica even though we are at home. If the front 4 can play compact they will create chances.

If by Hart's own admission that CR is the best team in the group then he needs to demonstrate pragmatism in his approach.

Stay compact and play the counter attack and convert what the game gives us.

ting is we not very good at that.......I would favor us pressing and encourage our front four to stay compact to each other and maintain a fast press.....we really haven't done that as much since Mexico and we look like having the beating of any team in concacaf if we can play like that consistently along with plugging the holes in defense.....players have gone back to simply stopping when they loose the ball, that needs to stop.
I pity the fool....

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »
Could still high press in a 2 3 mid field with two defensive mids. Thats the formation Klopp uses. I agree this will probably be the plan. Who would be the two d mids two of Hyland, George and Boucaud? You will need someone to play Gundogan's role in the d mid. A man who doh bun.

If... if.. Bostock get cleared do you play him in the middle or on the wing? I wonder if he could play that position. Havent see enough of him play. Does he even start?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »
Can anyone give me some Info on Jelani Peters (Tallman). The team seems like a good one except for SH insistence on Cyrus. I wish he could prove me wrong but, to me, that player has neither the talent nor football intellect to prove me wrong.
 Honestly , I can see us out of the running very early in the hex. As a coach, i believe that SH has reached his apex which is just not good enough for this final 6.

Prove me wrong SH , both with the onfield tactics and your Team selections. I could call out a couple other players who, imo, are not up to this level but Cyrus is a hugeee standout, a grain of sand in the apple of the fans' eyes, but a seemingly automatic selection on your and our national team!!  SMH, please tell me what you see in this player. The opposition see a path to the goal and a dangerous long thrower. If only one could wipe out the other.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »
By now it's clear that Cyrus presents the best option there. With compromises we have to accept.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2016, 09:48:37 PM »
Cyrus brings attacking wing back play, long throws, crosses and recovery speed. Unfortunately he also brings bone head mistakes and big gaps at the gap.

Still waiting for him to have his Cyd Grey epiphany moment. When it all comes together. Maybe thats what Hart waiting for too.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2016, 06:20:57 AM »
Cyrus brings attacking wing back play, long throws, crosses and recovery speed. Unfortunately he also brings bone head mistakes and big gaps at the gap.

Still waiting for him to have his Cyd Grey epiphany moment. When it all comes together. Maybe thats what Hart waiting for too.

Cyrus is exceptionally talented, in addition to the above, his one on one defending is actually very good as well. He is one of those naturally gifted talents that unfortunately fails to realize his full potential.

His problem is and always has been fitness, physical and mental fitness, because he not always match fit, he mentally switches off and gets caught out of position and has to rely on the recovery speed to cover himself. Kid mentality too, into the bling Trini lifestyle rather than pushing himself to move out to an overseas club on a permanent basis to further develop himself.

If the team had a proper sports psychologist he is a prime candidate for the couch.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »
Bostock papers signed by FIFA. He can officially suit up for the Red White and Black!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
Bostock papers signed by FIFA. He can officially suit up for the Red White and Black!!
Where did you see that or get that info from?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
National Senior Team coach Stephen Hart confirmed that Bostock, a former Crystal Palace and Tottenham Spurs midfielder, is now officially a Trinidad and Tobago player.

“I think it is a very positive thing for us,” said Hart. “We knew that there [would be] a ruling early in November and we were very hopeful because we had submitted everything.”

Bostock’s availability is likely to soften the blow of Kevin Molino’s absence, as the Orlando City midfielder was suspended by national coach Stephen Hart for the Costa Rica outing and the subsequent trip to Honduras on 15 November—after breaching team rules to party twice in a month.

A tall, elegant player with a fierce left foot shot from open play and set pieces, Bostock generally operates as a box to box midfielder. But Hart has suggested that he could also use him in Molino’s “Number 10” role alongside captain and forward Kenwyne Jones.

“I think it is a big addition because he can play two positions, in central midfield or further forward as the ‘t10’,” Hart told Wired868. “So that gives us flexibility. Plus, he is well known for his set plays. So we now have him and Joevin [Jones] for those.”I'm

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »
 :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »
Finally!! Boss dem Bostock!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »
Possible Starting Line Up

JM Williams
Aubrey David
Carlyle Mitchell
Sheldon Bateau
Daniel Cyrus
Marcus Joseph
Khaleem Hyland
Andre Boucaud
Cordell Cato
Joevin Jones
Kenwyne Jones

OR

JM Williams
Aubrey David
Carlyle Mitchell
Sheldon Bateau
Cordell Cato
Joevin Jones
Khaleem Hyland
Kevan George
Levi Garcia
Jomal Williams
Kenwyne Jones

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:42:46 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »
Hearing news that Guerra has been added to the squad.

Contro gets his wish. Let's see if he can stake a claim for a place on the field.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guerra added to the T&T Roster for World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 05:11:09 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart has added US-based midfielder Ataulla Guerra to his squad for Friday’s World Cup qualifier versus Costa Rica.

Guerra who is back in the country on offseason away from his club Charleston Battery, joined the T&T camp on Monday as the 24th player.

The 28-year-old midfielder made 26 appearances for Charleston Battery. He is a former player with Caledonia AIA, San Juan Jabloteh, Central FC and ROPS of Finland.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »
National Senior Team coach Stephen Hart confirmed that Bostock, a former Crystal Palace and Tottenham Spurs midfielder, is now officially a Trinidad and Tobago player.

“I think it is a very positive thing for us,” said Hart. “We knew that there [would be] a ruling early in November and we were very hopeful because we had submitted everything.”

Bostock’s availability is likely to soften the blow of Kevin Molino’s absence, as the Orlando City midfielder was suspended by national coach Stephen Hart for the Costa Rica outing and the subsequent trip to Honduras on 15 November—after breaching team rules to party twice in a month.

A tall, elegant player with a fierce left foot shot from open play and set pieces, Bostock generally operates as a box to box midfielder. But Hart has suggested that he could also use him in Molino’s “Number 10” role alongside captain and forward Kenwyne Jones.

“I think it is a big addition because he can play two positions, in central midfield or further forward as the ‘t10’,” Hart told Wired868. “So that gives us flexibility. Plus, he is well known for his set plays. So we now have him and Joevin [Jones] for those.”I'm

About damn time! Welcome to the squad Johnny.. Gih dem hell  :beermug: 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »
Whatever happened to the GK from Canada?  Can't remember the name.  He was on the bench for the last WCQ....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »
Whatever happened to the GK from Canada?  Can't remember the name.  He was on the bench for the last WCQ....
Ranjitsingh.

Wham?  Yuh tink he have Dutch background or sumting?  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
Bateau and Hyland rolled in tonight.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2016, 07:00:42 PM »
The game will be broadcasted live on Bein Friday from 5:35pm EST

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart has added US-based midfielder Ataulla Guerra to his squad for Friday’s World Cup qualifier versus Costa Rica.

Guerra who is back in the country on offseason away from his club Charleston Battery, joined the T&T camp on Monday as the 24th player.

The 28-year-old midfielder made 26 appearances for Charleston Battery. He is a former player with Caledonia AIA, San Juan Jabloteh, Central FC and ROPS of Finland.

Maybe I reading into things too much. But this call up is a back in case SOMEONE does not show up by Wednesday..

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
TTFA Media

Maybe I reading into things too much. But this call up is a back in case SOMEONE does not show up by Wednesday..
Yep. I was thinking the same thing.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2016, 10:39:35 PM »
TTFA Media

Jus Bless up for showing the eagerness 'Tulla. Carry it all the way - add the consistent hard work to the talent.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2016, 04:37:34 AM »
TTFA Media

Yep. I was thinking the same thing.

Hart indicated that he wanted full 11 vs 11 scrimmages so the extra body was required.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2016, 05:09:05 AM »
The game will be broadcasted live on Bein Friday from 5:35pm EST

:beermug:

1]; } ?>