April 19, 2024, 04:40:03 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016)  (Read 16768 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016)
« on: September 07, 2016, 05:41:53 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs Honduras game in Honduras on the 15th of November 2016 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

In the US: NBC Universo

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC).

Defenders

Jelani Peters (W Connection), Aubrey David (FC Dallas), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E-Land), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Kruoja Pakruojis), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov Samara), Yohance Marshall (Murciélagos FC).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar), Marcus Joseph (Central FC), Jomal Williams (Murciélagos FC), Ataulla Guerra (Charleston Battery).

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (Central FC), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues), Willis Plaza (San Juan Jabloteh).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Honduras Squad

Goalkeepers

Donis Escober (Olimpia), Javier Delgado (Honduras Progreso).

Defenders

Henry Figueroa (Motagua), Felix Crisanto (Motagua), Marcelo Pereira (Motagua), Allan Vargas (Real Espana), Cesar Oseguera (Real Espana), Johnny Palacios (Olimpia), Bryan Garcia (Vida).

Midfielders

Bryan Acosta (Real Espana), Alfredo Mejia (Marathon), Esdras Padilla (Juticalpa), Marcelo Canales (Olimpia), Romell Quioto (Olimpia), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Mario Martinez (ENPPI, Egypt).

Forwards

Roby Norales (Platense), Diego Reyes (Marathon), Eddie Hernandez (Quingdao Jonoon, China).

Coach - Jose Luis Pinto.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:10:04 PM by E-man »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »
This match is to be played in San Pedro Sula.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:28:40 AM »
Honduras Camp Roster:

GOALKEEPERS: Donis Escober (Olimpia), Javier Delgado (Honduras Progreso).

DEFENDERS: Henry Figueroa (Motagua), Felix Crisanto (Motagua), Marcelo Pereira (Motagua); Allan Vargas (Real Espana), Cesar Oseguera (Real Espana); Johnny Palacios (Olimpia), Bryan Garcia (Vida).

MIDFIELDERS: Bryan Acosta (Real Espana), Alfredo Mejia (Marathon), Esdras Padilla (Juticalpa), Marcelo Canales (Olimpia), Romell Quioto (Olimpia); Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Mario Martinez (ENPPI, Egypt).

FORWARDS: Roby Norales (Platense), Diego Reyes (Marathon), Eddie Hernandez (Quingdao Jonoon, China).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:35:20 AM »
As usual we also de last to find out we squad

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
As usual we also de last to find out we squad
u should know the squad by now, U not new. We don't have that much to choose from. and we have a couple fellas day to day..the later we can pick the better

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »
Watching the Honduras v Panama game. . Is a set of lumberjack playing.. talk about hatchet.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 04:19:25 PM »
Panama leading 1-0. So we better win today.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 04:39:24 PM »
Panama won 1-0. 

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
it comes down to you Mr. Hart, it's either you know the ingredients that manifest TNT best performance (TNT vs MEX) or you don't, now our last three games (CRC  Mart  USA) the Real TNT never surfaced and watching TNT is like drilling for oil, boring, Costa Rica on paper is the better team but what I saw at HCS, if the Real TNT showed up we could of had 1 point even 3, I refuse to accept this is our ceiling of performance, a good craftsman never blames his tools, as the man in de control tower the war to Russia has started, we pick up two shots but this is war, battlefield Honduras should be nothing less than we coming out all guns blazing, men run till they bun an use up every sub if we have to, but Harty do something different, because the same ol same ol eh wuking rite now...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »
T&T Senior Team arrives in Honduras today.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team will arrive in San Pedro Sula today at around 3pm TT time, 1pm (Honduras time) from Panama City.

The 23-man squad left Port of Spain on Saturday evening to Panama City where the entire contingent spent the night at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel before connecting to San Pedro Sula on Sunday morning.

Head Coach Stephen Hart and his men remain in positive spirits despite going down 2-0 to Costa Rica on Friday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“Well it’s the first game out of the way and while there was an obvious disappointment in the squad with the loss, once it has sunk in now, you pick yourselves up  and start looking ahead and planning for the next match which away to Honduras with a clearer mindset,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“As a team we have traveled and played back to back so it’s a situation where we begin to refocus. We have a good idea of what the Honduras team is like, particularly at home and we will prepare the squad for this type of challenge. First thing will be to settle in there as we arrive and then get in a good session or two before the match,” Hart added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »
Jan
David
Mitchell
Bateau
Marshall
Cato
Boucaud
Hyland
Joevin
Kenwyne
Cyrus

Call me crazy, and ah keep saying it, Cyrus could play striker, he and Kenwyne go be real good upfront. Cyrus played striker for de SSFL and for T&T youth teams and he was good.

Cyrus can't play right back because he does make bad decisions in bad places, he does forget he defences duties at times to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
I doubt the coach would put Cyrus at forward. but we need a change at right back. We also need a change in the middle. Maybe your combination will do the trick in Hondo.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
sam yuh right, enough with this defensive diplomatic style, just saw brazil vs argentina an is bullet from all angles, both keepers had to have they pilot license because they was flying all over de place...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 12:46:07 PM »

Leh we go T&T Soca Warriors!!

We 'Far from Finished', on this WC campaign 

https://www.facebook.com/SocaTv/posts/1173237432751116

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
Jan
David
Mitchell
Bateau
Marshall
Cato
Boucaud
Hyland
Joevin
Kenwyne
Cyrus

Call me crazy, and ah keep saying it, Cyrus could play striker, he and Kenwyne go be real good upfront. Cyrus played striker for de SSFL and for T&T youth teams and he was good.

Cyrus can't play right back because he does make bad decisions in bad places, he does forget he defences duties at times to.

Slow, heavy touch, no urgency, clumsy....Sure the basis for a disaster in the making

Offline d-pipe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »
Why do you all have so much faith in KJ as an forward, he's not match fit at the moment and you need guys that are hungry up front. Why not start Plaza and Garcia up front and switch the wings. That will be more productive in terms of attacking options. Yes Cyrus is a liability at that right back position, but who is better at the moment. To me it all comes down to coaching tactics, what will SH put out in Honduras. we need that pressure play for 90 mins, not 10 and relax.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »
Cato can play RB. He does for his club.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 09:32:33 AM »
I don't know about Cyrus as a striker, but I would consider putting Cato at RB and Joevin as the right-mid with Garcia on the left.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »

Firstly, you seriously based his ability to play up front effectively in the Hex on his prowess as a striker in the secondary schools football league?

Secondly, he played as a CB for our national youth teams.  The only defender in our team who i remember as a youth team striker is Carlyle Mitchell

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »

Firstly, you seriously based his ability to play up front effectively in the Hex on his prowess as a striker in the secondary schools football league?

Secondly, he played as a CB for our national youth teams.  The only defender in our team who i remember as a youth team striker is Carlyle Mitchell

he went pro as a striker for cali and joe public i think
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John backs Trinidad and Tobago to get win in Honduras
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
Stern John backs Trinidad and Tobago to get win in Honduras
TTFA Media

Former Trinidad and Tobago forward Stern John is placing his bets on this country’s Senior Men’s team to grind out a result against Honduras in San Pedro Sula tomorrow.

If there’s anybody who knows what it takes to get a victory over the Hondurans on their home turf, it’s the former Birmiginham City forward.

John struck a 61st minute winner to give T&T the three points against all odds in a week that saw the tragic death of team forward Mickey Trotman in a motor vehicular accident in Arima.Honduras needed a win to secure qualification for the World Cup but were left needing to then defeat Mexico at the Azteca which did not occur.

John was a TV analyst at Friday’s 2-0 defeat to Costa Rica but left the venue with a positive feeling despite the loss.

“I think we did well against Costa Rica in the first half, The defence was really disciplined. We should have tried to impose ourselves a bit more in the second half and try to win game. I know Costa Rica is a big team but we were at home and maybe we should have gone a bit more out for the three points, but generally it was a decent performance and something we can build on,” John told TTFA Media.

“I would like to see the ball a bit quicker, When our two wingers get down the sides I want to see them put the ball in the box with players attacking the ball.

“The back four is pretty steady but  (Daneil) Cyrus needs to defend more because the other countries are looking at that. I am not having a go at him but it’s just something we need to be aware of.

“We are still missing someone who can play closer to Kenwyne. Jomal did okay but I thought he needed to play closer to him. We should play more to Kenwyne’s strengths. We need to play more balls up to him where he is stronger and have guys running running and playing off him.

Three points possible

“I really look at Honduras as a three pointer for us. I think going there gives us a chance to get a result. We will get more chances. We can play a bit quicker and with a bit more drive. We don’t want to be panicking and in fact we don’t need to be in a panic mode.. I don’t think we need to play too defensive but we also don’t want to be more open.

“After ten- fifteen minutes we can be settled in and start moving the ball. We need to see more guys breaking their necks and busting their tails to get into the box. We need more players making runs past Kenwyne around the box. The Costa Ricans were passing and moving while we were just passing without much movement. We need to make unselfish runs and work for each other. But for me I think this can be a three pointer for us.

“The Hondurans will be under pressure after the loss to Panama so their fans will be on their backs early. I think if we can take the sting out of the game, and get their fans out of it, we can go on to get the victory,” John added.

John is T&T’s all-time topscorer with 70 goals in 115 appearances.

In the last meeting between these two teams, T&T ran away 2-0 winners in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup. In the previous World Cup qualifier in San Pedro Sula, T&T lost 4-1 while in 1988, a Hutson Charles goal earned T&T a 1-1 draw in a 1990 World Cup qualifier also in Honduras. Teams also played to a 1-1 draw in a 2010 Final Round World Cup qualifier in Port of Spain with Khaleem Hyland grabbing a late equaliser for T&T.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 02:52:28 PM »
WATCH: Soca Warriors arrive in Honduras

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e-SW8-ihOa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e-SW8-ihOa0</a>

WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago’s first training session in Honduras

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rX-qHPB2krM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rX-qHPB2krM</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »
Look like the new name of the team is..  TNT DYNAMITE... I see it on the hat.. 25 seconds into the video

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
Look like the new name of the team is..  TNT DYNAMITE... I see it on the hat.. 25 seconds into the video

Still prefer Soca Warriors!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »

Maybe, maybe not. Bateau has been referring to himself as TT Dynamite for a while now. His twitter handle is @tt_dynamite04, uses the hashtag #TTDynamite, and refers to his fans as the Dynamite Posse.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »
WATCH: Coach Stephen Hart previews Trinidad and Tobago’s clash with Honduras

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/03X-0u9D2gE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/03X-0u9D2gE</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 08:47:40 PM »
Can someone confirm thetime of  this match?

The TT Express says 4 pm local time which is 6 pm TT time.
However, another website I saw said 5 pm local time.

Can't believe they would start a match at 4 pm on a work day.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »

Concacaf site says 5:05 pm.
Would appreciate a confirmation. I have to run frm work to see this.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »

Concacaf site says 5:05 pm.
Would appreciate a confirmation. I have to run frm work to see this.  ;D

4:05pm Honduras Time
5:05PM EST
6:05pm Trini Time

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »
Remember T&T - One hr ahead - 6pm Trini time.

1]; } ?>