March 28, 2024, 09:50:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016)  (Read 16617 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »
Honduras is using the kick off time as a competitive advantage. Hot humid in the afternoon in San Pedro Sula.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 07:07:39 AM »
Marshall is used to play in those conditions having played in El Salvador before being in Mexico

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 09:22:38 AM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago prepares to battle Honduras

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UJGqXifoyGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UJGqXifoyGI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »
Lets go SOCA WARRIORS ! This is the most important game for us thus far, because no points after two games in this very tough group could be detrimental !
https://www.facebook.com/SocaTv/posts/1211096422298550

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:08:30 AM by Sando prince »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:18 AM »
Notice how it's looks like there is nothing else going on in the world for them(video), no fete, no boat ride, no carnival, no politicos.. that's another level of fan support..not that other stuff not going on, but focused..yuh think everybody in the stands agree with who the coach pick, or who is the coach for that matter..it like that with all the major footballing nations..and now even USA.. we used to be so many years ago, in my father, and uncles time. Every coach at every team was the best and there were stories. Today, we considering everybody else coach and players as being real, especially the European variety and calling ours wrong and shithong. If we win anybody with that attitude we carry as a country( see the president display), i happy and feel real lucky. Go TT. I doh care who get the call, try and fulfil your duty boys. I wish i could go to war with y'all. Win or lose, i think y'all are great, for just even stepping up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T goes for first win versus Honduras
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:59 AM »
T&T goes for first win versus Honduras
TTFA Media

This country’s senior national team will be aiming to put themselves in some position of comfort with a positive result ahead of the next set of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying matches in March when they face off with Honduras in what is expected to be a typically hostile atmosphere at the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula on Tuesday.

The game is set to kick off at 6:05pm (4:05 Honduras time) and with a sold out venue for their last match against Panama of 37,500 for what turned out to be a 1-0 defeat, the hosts are not expecting another sell out situation, but are expecting something close to 25,000 which would be close to double what T&T played in front of at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last Friday.

The T&T team trained twice since arriving here on Sunday afternoon after overnighting in Panama City with the second session being at the game venue on Monday from 5pm. The conditions here, with the game kicking off in daylight, is not as hot or humid as in T&T with the sun usually setting by 5:30pm.

Whether the sun goes down early or not, Stephen Hart is insisting that his troops are up and ready for what is likely to be another brutal challenge.

“We know very well that we need to improve in the attacking third, how we combine our movement off the ball needs to be a lot more dynamic and we will have to close down Honduras effectively. Not just close them down but try to win the ball in crucial areas of the pitch and try to get on top of them because that is what they are going to try to do to us in the opening minutes,” Hart told TTFA Media

“They (Honduras) are very dynamic, lots of hard running, hard tackling. They just put you under pressure all the time and we have to try and counter that by playing quicker, playing deeper and doing the same to them. It’s just a matter of the mindset and the attitude towards doing what needs to be done.”

The likes of former national stalwarts Russell Latapy and Stern John have echoed their support to this present T&T team, saying they believe the team can pull off the win. And Hart believes this level of inspiration is good for the team.

“I think it’s good because the names you are calling are people who have been through it. And Hutson Charles and Michael Maurice have been talking to them about the same type of thing but you have to believe in every game that you go to play that you play in such a way to get the result and if that means you have to suffer… then you have to suffer,” Hart said.

Both Hutson Charles, the lone goalscorer and Maurice played in the 1-1 draw between both teams in the World Cup qualifier here in Honduras during the 1990 World Cup campaign.

The game will be aired  live in T&T  on Flow Sports and on I95.5FM.

Things to know

Kenwyne Jones scored a second half penalty to put T&T 1-0 ahead in the last meeting between the two teams. T&T won that encounter 2-0 at the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Jan Michael Williams, Khaleem Hyland, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Joevin Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Carlyle Mitchell, Aubrey David and Andre Boucaud all played in that win for T&T.

Carlos Pavon scored the opening goal on 20 minutes when both teams met in 2009 at the same match venue for Tuesday’s game. Radanfah Abu Bakr and Kenwyne Jones were the only two players from today’s squad who played in that defeat.

The Honduras national team used to play the majority of its matches at the Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino in Tegucigalpa.

Honduras qualified for the 1982, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »
Notice how it's looks like there is nothing else going on in the world for them(video), no fete, no boat ride, no carnival, no politicos.. that's another level of fan support..not that other stuff not going on, but focused..yuh think everybody in the stands agree with who the coach pick, or who is the coach for that matter..it like that with all the major footballing nations..and now even USA.. we used to be so many years ago, in my father, and uncles time. Every coach at every team was the best and there were stories. Today, we considering everybody else coach and players as being real, especially the European variety and calling ours wrong and shithong. If we win anybody with that attitude we carry as a country( see the president display), i happy and feel real lucky. Go TT. I doh care who get the call, try and fulfil your duty boys. I wish i could go to war with y'all. Win or lose, i think y'all are great, for just even stepping up.

If the team play shit, then the fans will bash them. This is the case in any footballing country. Do not complain and cry when people are being brutally honest. If the team plays well then supporters will be more than happy to let them know how well they played. I have seen times in the past when we gave very good efforts and came up short and still gain the respect of T&T fans but when you play shit you deserve to be criticised.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »
how is shit measured? Even right here with our knowledgeable fans, we can't have conclusive consensus of when National players play shit. Do the players intentionally go out and try to play shit or look bad ? Do the players select themselves to go out and perform in a way that they know they will be abused. Sure I expect such reactions from those who are less aware of the game and unaware of the intracacies and difficulty is putting a team on the field to perform at a international stage.but from ppl who have been following and know the game, it is very disheartening. The coach not picking someone he thinks will play tata, just to give ppl something to talk about. Anyway, I hope for the best, but if we don't get it, I personally know from history, their past performance (i.e. what they have achieved, to warrant their selection)experience, it's not because they went to perform like that. Disappointed as I would be for the individual, win or lose, would not hold it against them. Inshallah. I refuse to distract the players further than the opposing team, that if they don't perform to the best of their ability, then they have their fans to deal with. No. If they play shit, I know, they didn't train themselves and give of themselves to do that. They won't need me to tell them, they will know, it's for us, to clean them off, and help them get over it, and get them ready for the next game, not rub it in some more and have them questioning themselves and affecting their confidence for future events. National or local.  My choice. 

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
how is shit measured? Even right here with our knowledgeable fans, we can't have conclusive consensus of when National players play shit. Do the players intentionally go out and try to play shit or look bad ? Do the players select themselves to go out and perform in a way that they know they will be abused. Sure I expect such reactions from those who are less aware of the game and unaware of the intracacies and difficulty is putting a team on the field to perform at a international stage.but from ppl who have been following and know the game, it is very disheartening. The coach not picking someone he thinks will play tata, just to give ppl something to talk about. Anyway, I hope for the best, but if we don't get it, I personally know from history, their past performance (i.e. what they have achieved, to warrant their selection)experience, it's not because they went to perform like that. Disappointed as I would be for the individual, win or lose, would not hold it against them. Inshallah. I refuse to distract the players further than the opposing team, that if they don't perform to the best of their ability, then they have their fans to deal with. No. If they play shit, I know, they didn't train themselves and give of themselves to do that. They won't need me to tell them, they will know, it's for us, to clean them off, and help them get over it, and get them ready for the next game, not rub it in some more and have them questioning themselves and affecting their confidence for future events. National or local.  My choice. 

This is why you crying so much? You afraid professional players get hurt by comments? So in every footballing nation in the world professional players understand criticism is the nature of the sport, however you want it to be different in T&T? and you have NO respect for the players when you treat them as lil children. You think you doing them a favour, but instead you are disrespecting them by not believing and demanding they live up to expectations.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:32:26 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »
VIBES IT UP... RED BLOOD IN YUH SHOES TIME.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 11:21:15 AM »
Time to throw our full support behind the coach and the players...Let's go T&T!!!! As we typically say, leave everything on the field today :duel:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »

This is why you crying so much? You afraid professional players get hurt by comments? So in every footballing nation in the world professional players understand criticism is the nature of the sport, however you want it to be different in T&T? and you have NO respect for the players when you treat them as lil children. You think you doing them a favour, but instead you are disrespecting them by not believing and demanding they live up to expectations.
crying  :rotfl: they might be professional, but they are still young men..National team representation is not about profession, it's about choice, pride and courage. they could easily say , no thanks, and still be professionals wherever they can be..yet they are still human..they still need nurturing , encouragement and training, developing,  they still have minds that can be adversely affected. If you want the best from them, then you have to give them the best..if you can't understand that. If you think publicly yelling, cussing, buffin, threatening of non selection in future after a bad performance is a form of constructive criticism and should then motivate the player who is representing us, as it has worked for you in the past, that's fine. Other more 'softer' more personal level approaches has worked for me, I have also had and still work with National athletes, and this is what I observed in most cases, not for everyone..some do require a hard approach but whatever works, I don't think your method has worked for our player development as well as it should in the recent past, actually it's quite old, as you have many times pointed out the old methods are outdated..we can demand they play up to their expectations, or try to help them achieve their and our expectations..it's in our best interest, not just theirs.
you might think I talkin shit even, but it is shit I studied at the university level, did most research at the pro level and have a paper in (Bsc), yet chose another path (family way).

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:33:52 AM by maxg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »

crying  :rotfl: they might be professional, but they are still young men..National team representation is not about profession, it's about choice, pride and courage. they could easily say , no thanks, and still be professionals wherever they can be..yet they are still human..they still need nurturing , encouragement and training, developing,  they still have minds that can be adversely affected. If you want the best from them, then you have to give them the best..if you can't understand that. If you think publicly yelling, cussing, buffin, threatening of non selection in future after a bad performance is a form of constructive criticism and should then motivate the player who is representing us, as it has worked for you in the past, that's fine. Other more 'softer' more personal level approaches has worked for me, I have also had and still work with National athletes, and this is what I observed in most cases, not for everyone..some do require a hard approach but whatever works, I don't think your method has worked for our player development as well as it should in the recent past, actually it's quite old, as you have many times pointed out the old methods are outdated..we can demand they play up to their expectations, or try to help them achieve their and our expectations..it's in our best interest, not just theirs.
you might think I talkin shit even, but it is shit I studied at the university level, did most research at the pro level and have a paper in (Bsc), yet chose another path (family way).

add: not to boast, but I have uncles, my wife, cousins and kids who all were National athletes, including me..and I can only speak to what works for us...

Be honest wait yourself, yu really want T&T fans to pat the boys on the back and say well done when they play shit and play below expectations. dais wha yuh want

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 12:01:48 PM »
no. but I wish TT fans could really be fans and not fairweather bandwaggonist, I want them to be like the other footballing nations . I want the boys to play their best everytime they step on the field. I want the coach to not make any mistakes in judgement, strategy and team selection. I want us to win the World Cup.. but I settle and live with whatever I get, cause it's the best I could get at this time, given what I invested.

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:13 PM »
Its the same thing in your job....if you not performing the bossman will give yuh pressure....if you not performing over a period of time you can get fired...its the same philosophy with football...its a bigman sport

We want the best for TT but yuh hadda take the good with the bad. What I dont agree with is bandwaggonist who not there through thick and thin giving their 2 cents....

Warriors better play with some energy today or else is more talk... 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
Marshall is used to play in those conditions having played in El Salvador before being in Mexico

What he used to do before and what he does NOW are two different things.

I am curious as to how many of the Hondurans play in Europe and how the weather will affect them.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
VIBES IT UP... RED BLOOD IN YUH SHOES TIME.
you talking about players in years gone by like nakid, angus eve, dwarika, yorke, stern John? not this bunch like Jan, cyrus and mitchel who falls asleep at the wheel in the dying minutes of every game.

sometimes I feel very bad for players like bocaurd, Kavan george and hyland who challenge every ball and play their hearts out and a bum like Cyrus over lapping on every play and not getting back fast enough in transition and ball watching when he should be marking his attacker. blood in shoes? those days are long gone mate.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:50:04 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »
Looking through the whole TV guide and can't find the game on cable. is there a feed on YouTube or on a cable channel that I might have missed? USA viewing that is.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 01:54:03 PM »
ok fuh all who don't know or not sure, let meh plant it in yuh head, WE BEAT-IN  Honduras today...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »
Time to throw our full support behind the coach and the players...Let's go T&T!!!! As we typically say, leave everything on the field today :duel:
:beermug:

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
Looking through the whole TV guide and can't find the game on cable. is there a feed on YouTube or on a cable channel that I might have missed? USA viewing that is.

https://goo.gl/FKneVy
Probably the best place to find the game is on Sportsdevil,
via Kodi. If you have a log in to one of the paid sites, BeIn,
Fubo, or NBC, you are good.

Enjoy!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
Honduras's starting XI

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago’s starting XI:
21. Jan-Michael Williams
2. Aubrey David
4. Sheldon Bateau
12. Carlyle Mitchell
5. Daneil Cyrus
3. Joevin Jones
19. Kevan George
8. Khaleem Hyland
13. Cordell Cato
9. Kenwyne Jones
11. Trevin Caesar

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »
Any links for the game?
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
Cyrus still in  :rotfl:

Cesar whose last competitive match was 6 weeks ago and in a semipro league like USL gets the start
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:59:52 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
NBC Universo

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
Thank God they bring in Caesar. He will compliment KJ.

Can't under why George is still there.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2016, 04:07:40 PM »
Thank God they bring in Caesar. He will compliment KJ.

Can't under why George is still there.

Cesar hasnt played a competitive match in over 6 weeks!

1]; } ?>