March 28, 2024, 05:52:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)  (Read 30924 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)
« on: September 07, 2016, 05:44:23 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs Panama game in T&T on the 24th of March 2017 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

BeIN Sports (6:50pm EST).

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars).

Defenders:

Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Sūduva Marijampolė—LTU), Aubrey David (PS Kemi Kings—FIN), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Sheldon Bateau (Krylia Sovetov Samara—RUS), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Tristan Hodge (W Connection), Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Alvin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge—ENG), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC—USA), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo—BEL), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada—USA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United FC—USA), Leston Paul (Central FC), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar—NED).

Forwards:

Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—USA), Kenwyne Jones (Atlanta United—USA), Willis Plaza (East Bengal FC—IND), Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence.

Panama Squad

Goalkeepers:

Jaime Penedo (Dinamo Bucharest), Jose Calderon (Real Cartagena)

Defenders:

Roman Torres (Seattle Sounders), Felipe Baloy (Tauro), Harold Cummings (San Jose Earthquakes), Amir Murillo (New York Red Bulls), Luis Ovalle (Zamora), Adolfo Machado (Houston Dynamo), Roderick Miller (Atlético Nacional), Erick Davis (Dunajska Streda)

Midfielders:

Anibal Godoy (San Jose Earthquakes), Armando Cooper (Toronto FC), Miguel Camargo (NYCFC), Ricardo Avila (Koper), Edgar Barcenas (Tapachula), Gabriel Gomez (Atletico Bucaramanga), Amilcar Henriquez (Arabe Unido), Josiel Nunez (Plaza Amador), Alberto Quintero (Universitario).

Forwards:

Blas Perez (Blooming), Abdiel Arroyo (Danubio), Luis Tejada (Universitario), Tony Taylor (Pacos de Ferreira), Gabriel Torres (Lausanne Sport).

Coach - Hernan Dario Gomez.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:03:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline JuiceGrooveFilms

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors Documentary - T&T vs Panama
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
Hello everybody, thanks for having us in this discussion forum!

We are Ashwin and Jon, 2 filmmakers from New York that travel to different countries making soccer/futbol documentaries. For the first time, we are coming to TRINIDAD on March 20, the week of the Soca Warriors game vs Panama!

Is anybody going to the match? We're interested in meeting people and exploring the island, and capturing the story of Soca Warriors football.

Cheers!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Documentary - T&T vs Panama
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:29:58 AM »
nice one...sending an early welcome to yous...

check your inbox message...cheers
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »
nice! good luck with your project.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
we are coming to TRINIDAD on March 20, the week of the Soca Warriors game vs Panama!

So....who allyuh supportin?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »
we are coming to TRINIDAD on March 20, the week of the Soca Warriors game vs Panama!

So....who allyuh supportin?
:laugh: :laugh:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 05:03:49 AM »
Tickets for World Cup qualifiers on Sale from Friday.
TTFA Media.

Fans will be able to access tickets for the upcoming 2018 World Cup Qualifiers against Panama and Mexico from this coming Friday March 10th at Lotto Locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

The TTFA has decided to offer an early bird ticket which will cost $300 (per match) for the covered section and $160 (per match) for the uncovered from Friday March 10th until March 17th. Then on March 18th the Tickets will cost $350 (per match)  for covered and $200 (per match) for covered.

Season Pass Holders will have access to both matches and persons interested in purchasing their Season Pass can do so at any First Citizen’s Bank Branch.

The match against Panama takes place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on March 24th with a kick off time at 7pm. The match against Mexico will be held at the same venue on March 28th and kicks off at 7pm.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
I have a question about Bateau, is he available for this game? He got a second yellow in the game against Honduras but we have played official FIFA games subsequent to that (Gold Cup Qualifiers) or are the bans limited to WC qualifier games only?

Only asking because I have seen bans extended between different competitions in the past.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
Senior Men resume preparations for Panama.
TTFA Media.

The National Senior Men’s Team will resume preparations on Monday morning with a training session at Larry Gomes Stadium as head coach Dennis Lawrence continues the build up for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against Panama on March 24th to be followed by the Mexico clash on March 28th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Tickets are currently available at Lotto locations across the nation with early bird prices set at $300 (covered) and $160 (uncovered)  per game up until March 17th and $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered)  per game from March 18th-28th.

The T&T team underwent a recovery session on Saturday morning following the 2-0 victory over Barbados on Friday night and Lawrence gave the players Sunday off before resuming on Monday.

The T&T head coach is expected to name his final squad later this week for the qualifiers.

“I think the most important thing is understanding that we’ve still got the boys to come from abroad. The idea is for them to come in and improve what we have at the moment,” Lawrence said.

“Hopefully with the experience and the ability that these guys are going to bring, it is going to enhance the group. I think it’s all about execution on the day. If we are going to talk about this local group going to play Panama obviously we still got some way to go in terms of our technical ability and fitness levels but with the boys coming in I think they are going to add to the group and it’s going to put us on par to compete against Panama,” Lawrence stated.

“We’ve had thirteen sessions and one game o far. In terms of the Panama game I think a lot of them didn’t do themselves any harm with the performance against Barbados and I will be assessing them over the next couple of days to then be able to make a decision,” Lawrence added.

San Juan Jabloteh duo Tyrone Charles  and Nathan Lewis will rejoin the squad this week following their appearance for the club in Caribbean Football Union Club Championship fixtures.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 02:53:49 AM »
Senior Team training moves to Hasely Crawford Stadium.
TTFA Media.

Dennis Lawrence will take his team to the Hasely Crawford Stadium from Tuesday for training sessions ahead of the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico on March 24th and 28th.

Lawrence conducted a session this morning at Larry Gomes Stadium as Sol Campbell got active with fellow assistant coach Stuart Charles Fevrier. Sessions will be be interchanged between the Stadium mainfield and training pitch going into the Panama affair. The home-based players currently in training will also under a full medical examination with TTFA partner Healthnet and Lab Medica on Wednesday morning.

Lawrence will announce his final squad for the two qualifiers on the weekend but Defence Force forward Jamille Boatswain reflected on his debut goalscoring performance on Friday, saying he didn’t expect to be in line for selection and is now hoping to force his way into Lawrence’s final roster.

“If you had asked me six months ago if I would be in the national team today I would say no,” Boatswain told TTFA Media.

“But with my performances in the League I just kept working and the opportunity came. When coach Lawrence told me before the game that each striker would get thirty minutes in the match, I knew I had to go in and work hard and try to give my best. I think I did okay and well the goals came.

“Yes, it was a bit of a surprise but I am thankful and hopefully now I can continue to work hard, keep learning and developing. I will try to keep it up and hopefully make it into the final team for the World Cup qualifiers,”Boatswain added.

Central FC Midfielder Leston Paul also spoke about the influence Lawrence and Stern John have had on his approach, particularly in Friday’s game.

“Both Dennis and Stern have been encouraging me to play my game which is taking control of the ball. They gave me freedom to play and said okay don’t be afraid to express yourself and go forward because you can do it and if a mistake happens you can recover. That settled me a bit and I think the performance was decent but of course we still have work to do and improvements to make,” Paul added.

Tickets for both World Cup qualifiers are available at Lotto Locations nationwide. They are priced at $300 (covered) and $160 (uncovered) per game up until March 17th and from March 18th to 28th, tickets will be priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered) per game.

Panama names squad to face T&T on March 24th

Panama Head Coach Hernan Dario Gomez has selected his final squad to face Trinidad and Tobago in next Friday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The last time Panama played in Port of Spain in a World Cup qualifier in Port of Spain, T&T came away 2-0 winners with Stern John opening the scoring in the first half and Dennis Lawrence netting the second item after the break. The match was also Leo Beenhakker’s first Word Cup qualifier in charge of the Men’s National Team and this coming fixture will also be Lawrence’s first World Cup qualifier since his appointment as head coach of the T&T Team.

Panama has included a number of returning veterans, including goalkeeper Jaime Penedo; defenders Roman Torres and Felipe Baloy; midfielders Anibal Godoy, Armando Cooper and Alberto Quintero; and forwards Luis Tejada and Blas Perez. Of note is former U.S. international Tony Taylor, who completed a switch to represent Panama. Having beaten Honduras and holding Mexico to a 0-0 draw, Panama has four points and a 1-0-1 mark in the Hex.

Lawrence will announce his final roster on the weekend. Captain for last Friday’s friendly with Barbados, Marvin Phillip said he was pleased with the progress shown by the home-based players in the preparations at the moment.

“I think the team responded well to what the coach emphasised on in the past training sessions. Maybe at times we could played at a quicker rate but It was a good outing, Phillip told TTFA Media.

“So far we’e had a good time training under him. We have a lot of respect towards him and the rest of the staff and I think that is a major factor in the response he is getting from the players. We have a few players coming into the squad next week and it’s just about getting the camaraderie and love gong again and put all our energies into the training and going out there and getting it right in these two games against Panama and Mexico,” Phillip added.

Tickets for both World Cup qualifiers are available at Lotto Locations nationwide. They are priced at $300 (covered) and $160 (uncovered) per game up until March 17th and from March 18th to 28th, tickets will be priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered) per game.

Panama Team

Goalkeepers:

Jaime Penedo (Dinamo Bucharest), Jose Calderon (Real Cartagena)

Defenders:

Roman Torres (Seattle Sounders), Felipe Baloy (Tauro), Harold Cummings (San Jose Earthquakes), Amir Murillo (New York Red Bulls), Luis Ovalle (Zamora), Adolfo Machado (Houston Dynamo), Fidel Escobar (Sporting Lisbon B), Erick Davis (Dunajska Streda)

Midfielders:

Anibal Godoy (San Jose Earthquakes), Armando Cooper (Toronto FC), Miguel Camargo (NYCFC), Ricardo Avila (Koper), Edgar Barcenas (Tapachula), Gabriel Gomez (Atletico Bucaramanga), Amilcar Henriquez (Arabe Unido), Josiel Nunez (Plaza Amador), Alberto Quintero (Universitario).

Forwards:

Blas Perez (Blooming), Abdiel Arroyo (Danubio), Luis Tejada (Universitario), Tony Taylor (Pacos de Ferreira), Gabriel Torres (Lausanne Sport).

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »
Felipe Baloy, Blas Perez and Luis Tejada must be about 40 now. Even though they ole, Perez and Luis Tejada could do damage.

Roman Torres is ah f00cking beast.

Gabriel Gomez is ah man could score from de midfield to, he and Cooper.

Gabriel Torres is ah next decent player to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bNGI5BEthXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bNGI5BEthXI</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNGI5BEthXI
Panama vs Jamaica.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »
Edwards: We’re getting There!.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team player Carlos Edwards is expecting next Friday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier against Panama to be a difficult task but not an impossible one to accomplish as Dennis Lawrence’s men go in search of three points.

Edwards was called to the team by Lawrence earlier this month after recovering from an injury sustained in the CFU Gold Cup qualifier with Haiti in January.

The former Sunderland player as been in training throughout, making a second half appearance in the 2-0 win over Barbados last Friday.

“I feel okay, fresh and fit at the moment after coming off the injury against Haiti in the qualifiers. The guys are spritey and full of confidence at the moment. The training has been great and he (Dennis Lawrence) has been trying to get the guys to a certain level of tactical readiness and fitness. The guys are really taking heed of what is being taught to them,” Edwards told TTFA Media.

Edwards stressed the importance of T&T trying to take charge of the affair from the get go.

“It is something where we need to take the bull by the horn. As players we have to take responsibilities . We know what is at hand and we know what it takes to win a game. I can say that the guys know this. They will go out there and put their best foot forward when they cross that white line. With the experience I have, coming through it the hard way in the past, I know it will be a tough task but not impossible and we are aiming to get two positive results,” Edwards stated.

The former Ipswich Town man played alongside Lawrence at Defence Force and Wrexham along with the national team. He also played alongside John at Sunderland and the national team, while coming up against Sol Campbell at club level in England.

“ With any coach comes into the fold, I will give them the utmost respect regardless of who it is. Obviously I have played with Dennis, Ross and Stern and I’ve played against Sol and also played under Stuart Charles when he had the team some years ago. But at the same time there comes a point where you have to draw the line between staff members and players.

“I am still a player so I have to give them that respect when it’s due. I will help the payers in any capacity and it’s good to see Dennis, Stern and Ross rubbing shoulders once again following their national team playing days,” Edwards added.

Lawrence will announce his final squad for the qualifying match on the weekend.

Carlos Edwards talks about preparations for Panama

WATCH: Carlos Edwards talks about the team’s preparations for Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MQaHXB6KPZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MQaHXB6KPZs</a>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:18:27 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »

Five #Sounders will be reporting for national team duty for upcoming @FIFAwCup2018 qualifying: http://sndrs.com/sdc5

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
It always seems like we are the last to announce squads. You get bits and pieces based on club announcements like the above.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 08:34:46 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3N2ZXZ3kBM0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3N2ZXZ3kBM0</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 02:00:47 AM »
It always seems like we are the last to announce squads. You get bits and pieces based on club announcements like the above.

yep

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Squad naming today, wllyuh guess it nah.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 05:40:13 AM »
I taking a guess for T&T team today. Allyuh merge or edit when it release.

If I know Lawrence, this he might go with.

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip, Jan-Michael Williams

Defenders:

Radanfah Abu Bakr, Daniel Cyrus, Triston Hodge, Aubrey David, Julius James, Curtis Gonzales, Sheldon Bateau, Carlos Edwards

Midfielders:

Leston Paul, Hughtun Hector, Kevin Molino, Kevan George, Cordell Cato, Joevin Jones, Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Levi Garcia, Tyrone Charles

Forwards:

Jamille Boatswain, Akeem Roach, Kenwyne Jones, Shahdon Winchester

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:57:46 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Squad naming today, wllyuh guess it nah.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 05:45:58 AM »
Shackiel Henry, Jerrel Britto, Maurice Ford, Nathan Lewis and Darren Mitchell doing good for they teams to.

Carlyle Mitchell injury is a big lost, that's why Julius is a good replacement.

Ah doh like Cyrus, but it seem de coaches like him.

Seon Power might get a chance to

Ah like Carlos Edwards, but he pace worrying.

Mexico might man handle him.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:57:00 AM by Sam »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
My hopes for TT winning against Mexico is based on hope,but add to that,anything can happen in football on rare occasions.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 10:23:20 AM »
what about the 2 surprises? Dennis didn't say new players?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »
Madness not to see two starters in Central America first divisions in the roster and Ascenso MX. Both much better leagues than USL. The TT Pro league is a joke.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
I taking a guess for T&T team today. Allyuh merge or edit when it release.

If I know Lawrence, this he might go with.

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip, Jan-Michael Williams

Defenders:

Radanfah Abu Bakr, Daniel Cyrus, Triston Hodge, Aubrey David, Julius James, Curtis Gonzales, Sheldon Bateau, Carlos Edwards

Midfielders:

Leston Paul, Hughtun Hector, Kevin Molino, Kevan George, Cordell Cato, Joevin Jones, Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Levi Garcia, Tyrone Charles

Forwards:

Jamille Boatswain, Akeem Roach, Kenwyne Jones, Shahdon Winchester

Squad named its on youtube 13 locals in squad.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »
WATCH: 26-man Trinidad and Tobago roster announced for World Cup Qualifiers against Panama and Mexico

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AGWuojXYkz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AGWuojXYkz0</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
yep a few surprises leston paul and hacim arcia and alvin jones in 26 man squad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 02:22:19 PM »
Lawrence names 26-man roster for upcoming World Cup qualifiers.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Dennis Lawrence today announced his 26-man roster for the upcoming 2018 World Cup Qualifiers against Panama and Mexico on March 24th and 28th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

Lawrence made the announcement following a practice match among the current home-based players in the provisional squad at the Hasely Crawford training pitch on Saturday morning.

The squad includes thirteen home-based players and thirteen overseas-based players all heading to a residential camp on Monday. Already arriving and taking some part in Saturday’s session was European-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Radanfah Abu Bakr and India-based forward Willis Plaza.

Lawrence spoke about the squad selection following today’s session.

“I think it was important to assess the local group to see what was available. I think the local based players have responded very well to what we asked of them. We prepared them physically, mentally and tactically we tried as best as possible. We had to try and incorporate the players from abroad so we had to select based on the positions that were needed and required for what I want to do. In the end we put together a group that will give us the best possible chance of getting the result against Panama,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

The former Everton assistant coach explained how he went about choosing the overseas-based players.

“With assessing the overseas based players, one of the things that was important was finding out how much game time they’ve been getting at the moment and their physical condition because obviously the boys that play in the MLS, their season is only two games in.

“We managed,by use of our contacts in the US, to speak to some of the personnel at the clubs and get physical data on the players which helped us a lot because we knew what physical condition they were in coming into our camp. It all then came back down to what I want to do and what I think is best for the team and we made the selection based on that,” Lawrence added.

“The players that worked with me locally had a head start on the players that were abroad because I had more contact time with them and I think a lot of them understand exactly what we are trying to do. which I believe was important. I think in this case it’s going to be the other way around where the local players are going to be the ones leading and I am hoping the players that come from abroad can just come in and it will be easier for them to integrate with the local players and their knowledge of what has been happening in the preparations so far and it should help us to gel together for the game.”

Lawrence touched on the programme for the next few days leading into Friday’s encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“The programme is going to be focused on integrating the group as quickly as possible, to try and get on track and see how quickly we can go and execute what we want to do on the 24th. The work starts immediately as the players arrive. We had three of them here this morning and I think it was important for them to do some physical work and get the fight out of the legs. During the next couple of days in camp we are going to be doing sessions on the training pitch, sessions on the tactics board and doing match analysis on the opposition and ourselves with it being all geared up towards the game on Friday,” Lawrence stated.

Tickets for the two World Cup qualifiers are on sale at Lotto Locations nationwide priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered). Tickets for the two T&T Senior Women friendlies against Venezuela on March 26th and 29th are priced at $100 (adults) and $50 (children) and will be on sale at the Ato Boldon Stadium on gamedays.

T&T 26-Man Roster

Goalkeepers:

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars).

Defenders:

Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Sūduva Marijampolė—LTU), Aubrey David (PS Kemi Kings—FIN), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Sheldon Bateau (Krylia Sovetov Samara—RUS), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Tristan Hodge (W Connection), Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Alvin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge—ENG), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC—USA), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo—BEL), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada—USA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United FC—USA), Leston Paul (Central FC), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar—NED).

Forwards:

Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—USA), Kenwyne Jones (Atlanta United—USA), Willis Plaza (East Bengal FC—IND), Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force).

26-man T&T Roster announced for World Cup qualifiers vs Panama and Mexico

RELATED NEWS

Kenwyne and Molino head T&T’s foreign-based contingent for upcoming WCQs.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Former Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team captain and Atlanta United FC forward Kenwyne Jones and Minnesota United midfield ace Kevin Molino are both set to return to international action next week, after being named in a 26-man squad to face Panama and Mexico in Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 24 and 28 March respectively.

Jones and Molino will be joined by 11 more foreign-based players, including Seattle Sounders left wing back Joevin Jones, KC Krylia Sovetov defender Sheldon Bateau and teenaged AZ Alkmaar attacker Levi Garcia.

Defence Force striker Jamille Boatswain keeps his place in the team—after his double in a 2-0 friendly win over Barbados on 10 March—while Central FC midfielder Leston Paul, San Jabloteh winger Nathan Lewis and Defence Force defender Curtis Gonzales also won picks into the final squad alongside regular faces like Central custodian Jan-Michael Williams, W Connection playmaker Hughtun Hector and unattached defender Daneil Cyrus.

Although there were no major surprises in the first competitive squad selected by rookie head coach Dennis Lawrence, Mexico-based striker Shahdon Winchester and Yohance Marshall, who both represent second division team Murcielagos FC alongside attacking midfielder Jomal Williams, might feel desperately unlucky to miss out.

Winchester scored a hattrick in his last outing for the Soca Warriors, which was a 4-3 loss Gold Cup qualifying loss to Haiti in January.

And Marshall, who scored a stoppage time equaliser in Trinidad and Tobago’s memorable 4-4 draw with Mexico at the 2013 Gold Cup, might wonder how he missed out despite being a regular player for a Mexican outfit—particularly when six of the nine defenders selected are in their pre-season or off-season.

San Jose Earthquakes winger Cordell Cato has also not featured at all this season and was not even the bench for his team’s last outing while defensive midfielder Kevan George and full back Aubrey David are still in their pre-season preparation with United States NASL team, Jacksonville Armada, and Finland club, PS Kemi, respectively.

Lawrence claimed his overseas contacts vouched for the fitness of his foreign-based players although he further suggested that playing time was one criteria used in his squad selection.

“With assessing the overseas based players, one of the things that was important was finding out how much game time they’ve been getting at the moment and their physical condition,” Lawrence told the TTFA Media, “because obviously the boys that play in the MLS, their season is only two games in.

“We managed, by use of our contacts in the US, to speak to some of the personnel at the clubs and get physical data on the players which helped us a lot because we knew what physical condition they were in coming into our camp. It all then came back down to what I want to do and what I think is best for the team and we made the selection based on that.”

Lawrence’s job might not have been helped by fact that the local Pro League ended a month ago either, although he kept a local squad together in constant training.

India-based striker Willis Plaza could certainly claim to have earned his ticket home after banging in 12 goals in seven games for East Bengal while Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Sūduva—Lithuania), Khaleem Hyland, Bateau, Garcia and Joevin have featured regularly enough for their clubs.

But Lawrence, as with his selection of off-colour Central midfielder Keron Cummings to face Barbados, might have already hinted that he considers the individual attributes of his players before he looks at their form.

“We had to try and incorporate the players from abroad so we had to select based on the positions that were needed and required for what I want to do,” said Lawrence. “In the end we put together a group that will give us the best possible chance of getting the result against Panama.”

That meant a recall for Kenwyne who is yet to start for new MLS franchise, Atlanta, and played a combined 13 minutes of their two games so far before this weekend’s fixtures.

Kenwyne was symbolically dropped by former head coach Tom Saintfiet on the grounds that he was not mobile enough to lead the line.

However, Saintfiet’s verdict always seemed to be have more than a tinge of political self-interest since the former England Premier League player was not even available to represent his country at the time. And, ironically, Saintfiet’s team often resorted to sending lanky central defender, Abu Bakr, upfront and punting long balls towards him.

Jones has enjoyed a love/hate relationship with local fans for years.

He scored 15 goals from his first 30 matches under coach Stephen Hart and played a key role in the Soca Warriors’ successive Gold Cup quarterfinal berths in 2013 and 2015 and buried a brilliant volley in a 2-1 away win over Guatemala that helped take his squad into the CONCACAF Hex.

However, in 2016, Jones’ only goal from five matches in 2016 came in a 6-0 home win over St Vincent and the Grenadines and his poor form coincided with a dip in results for Trinidad and Tobago, which ultimately contributed to Hart’s dismissal.

Molino’s role in the Warriors’ poor 2016 run was even less savoury as he was twice disciplined and subsequently suspended from the team for breaching internal rules—he allegedly broke curfew to party on at least two occasions.

The skilful former FIFA Under-17 and Under-20 player remained every bit as treasured off the island as his move from Orlando City to newly promoted Minnesota United at a cost of US$650,000 set a new MLS transfer record.

It has not been all roses for Molino in Minnesota though, as his new employers set a less flattering record for the worst start in franchise history after losing 5-1 and 6-1 in their opening two matches. Molino contributed one successful penalty for the club to date.

Seattle play New York Red Bulls tonight while Colorado Rapids face Minnesota, Atlanta tackle Chicago Fire and San Jose Earthquakes take on Sporting Kansas City.

In Europe, Garcia suffered from the typical second season blues but bounced back to regain his starting position for Eredivisie club, AZ Alkmaar, in the Netherlands. He started in four of AZ’s last five games, during which time he scored his lone goal this season in a 7-1 hammering administered by France giants, Lyon, in a UEFA Europa League contest.

Lawrence claimed that he expects the local-based players to set the tone when his combined squad hits the training ground this week.

“The players that worked with me locally had a head start on the players that were abroad because I had more contact time with them,” said the Warriors coach, “and I think a lot of them understand exactly what we are trying to do, which I believe was important.

“I think in this case it’s going to be the other way around where the local players are going to be the ones leading. And I am hoping the players that come from abroad can just come in and it will be easier for them to integrate with the local players and [learn from] their knowledge of what has been happening in the preparations so far and it should help us to gel together for the game.”

Tickets for the Panama and Mexico contests, which both kick off from 7pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, are available for TT$350 (covered) and TT$200 (uncovered) from March 18 to match day.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:29:38 PM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:59:21 AM by Tallman »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
Now India, NASL and TT Pro League are better leagues than first division Honduras and Ascenso MX. I heard it all. Thanks for that. And good luck! 😂😂😂

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
No Glenn, Cummings, ranjitsingh....

1]; } ?>