March 28, 2024, 03:28:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)  (Read 30917 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2017, 10:50:27 AM »
Cummings is a big lost, sorry he wasn't fit, but ah half fit Cummings still better than a retired player.

Hyland is a waste, one good game in every 5.

Molino does play like he boots to big for him and he does get lost on de field, running without sense.

If Kenwyne want to play, he could play, ah hope he show up, we need him.
I read something on Twitter yesterday about a player who retired because he wasn't selected, I'm guessing it's Cummings?

Yeah Peltier spewing garbage again. he hardly played any football in the last year. Bratislava release him in Feb 2016, he's moved to kazakhstan (not played a gane), Czech Republic  July 2016 (played a handful), Belgium 3rd division in January 2017 (didn't play) and now in Armenia where he played about 3 games since 21/02/2017. Now he expects to be picked saying that even 60% fit he better that most on the team. Very disrespectful young man with a toxic attitude.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »
Corncurls didn't even need to say he retire...he on shit
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Panama confident, concentrated ahead of WCQs
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »
Panama confident, concentrated ahead of WCQs
CONCACAF.com

An air of confidence surrounds Panama as the final round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup resumes on Friday with matchday three.

The third-place Canaleros (1W-1D-0L, 4 points) will visit fifth-place Trinidad & Tobago (0-0-2, 0) on March 24 and then host the sixth-place United States (0-0-2, 0) four days later at Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

Wins against the bottom two sides would certainly boost Russia 2018 aspirations, but defender Roman Torres doesn’t want the difficulty of the task to be underestimated.

“We are focused on getting the six points,” said the 31-year-old, who has played in two of the Seattle Sounders’ first three games to open the 2017 season. “They are tough matches. We have to do what we have been working on and not get overconfident.

“They are two opponents that have lost their first matches. My prediction is six points, but the matches have to be played.”

With T&T first on Friday, Torres made mention of the threat posed by the Caribbean power’s attack, particularly Seattle teammate Joevin Jones and Atlanta United striker Kenwyne Jones.

“It’s a difficult match. It will be a match in which Panama has to be very focused and keep a clean sheet,” Torres emphasized. “Trinidad & Tobago has their qualities. They have fast players. We cannot get overconfident. We should be concentrated and make them respect us.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
Striker Blas Perez will be out for the game against Trinidad and Tobago after suffering an injury to his left thigh.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Panama confirms WCQ roster changes
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
Panama confirms WCQ roster changes
CONCACAF.com

Panama has made three changes to its World Cup Qualifying roster ahead of Friday’s encounter at Trinidad & Tobago.

In three media releases issued on Wednesday, the Federación Panameña de Fútbol announced that the defender Fidel Escobar was released from camp due to disciplinary reasons, forward Blas Perez will miss the T&T trip due to an injury and, as a result, defender Roderick Miller has been called into the squad.

The 36-year-old Perez suffered a grade 1 strain to his left thigh during a training session Tuesday and will undergo treatment rather than travel to Port of Spain.

Miller, who plays with Colombia’s Atletico Nacional, is expected to arrive in Panama later on Wednesday evening.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
Canadian crew bein Canada showing both games live and if you are running bell express vu it's on free preview  for the month

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 08:28:09 PM »
I remember when we hit Panama for 6 in the oval.

I feel it coming
I feel it coming.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
WATCH: Pre-game press conference

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TX7Df10jXzk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TX7Df10jXzk</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2017, 01:42:50 AM »
Security guidelines for Friday’s World Cup qualifier between T&T and Panama.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to inform the Public that a meticulous Security Operational Policy will be in place, adhering to FIFA regulations to ensure the safety and security of all those who attend the CONCACAF Final Round 2018 World Cup qualifying match between Trinidad and Tobago and Panama  commencing at 7:00 pm on Friday March 24th  at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Several meetings and on site viewing have been conducted with all the different arms of the Protective Services, TTFA Security officials and SPORTT to ensure that there would be a comprehensive Security Operational Plan, and all of this would be monitored and coordinated through a Venue Operations Centre in the Stadium on matchday.

That being the case, spectators can feel comfortable to know that all that is required to ensure their safety and security has and would be implemented as meticulous Security arrangements have been made starting as soon as the teams land in our country.

The TTFA is  seeking the support of the public to  adhere to these regulations, and this would cause the entrance into the Stadium to be made even easier for all.

• No knapsacks allowed
• No coolers allowed
• No alcohol allowed to be brought into compound
• No glass bottles
• No Cans (soft drinks and alcohol)
• No Chairs
• No Large umbrellas
• No exit allowed . If anyone leaves before final whistle, they would not be allowed re-entry
• No Firearms, weapons or knives allowed
• No illegal drubs or narcotics.
• No Professional Cameras/Video Cameras or  Drones allowed.
• No Fireworks, explosives, flammable items,  scratch bombs.
• No banners, signs or flags that may be deemed offensive or vulgar, promoting of racism, be it discrimination against race, skin colour, gender, language or religion  and background; or any signs that may in any way conflict with the rights of the sponsors of the event or impact on the view of other spectators. There will be no tolerance for  discriminatory or insulting language or behaviour.
• All persons entering the Stadium would be scanned and possibly searched prior to entry.

The following are the  specific Gates that will provide access to the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Gates open at 4pm for Patrons. Tickets are available at all NLCB Lotto locations and will be on sale up until 7pm.

Gate 1
Only access is for maintenance staff (Not accessible to patrons)

Gate 2 A [ Gate next to Jean Pierre Complex Gate]

Gate 2B– close to St John’s Gate
Only entrance for all spectators of uncovered stand

Gate 3-Lion’s Gate
Entrance for spectators with covered stand tickets
Access also through this gate also for –
• Differently abled drivers,
• Accredited media
• Team buses
• Accredited staff

Gate 4- Castro Gate
-Access for VIP invitees

There will be no parking for patrons inside the Stadium except for working personnel and match day officials, team buses and emergency and protective services vehicles.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2017, 01:44:38 AM »
Pre-Game Press Briefing – Lawrence speaks ahead of WCQ vs Panama.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s head coach Dennis Lawrence spoke to the media in the Pre-Game Press Briefing ahead of Friday’s 2018 Concacaf World Cup qualifier against Panama.

Click below to View.

Pre-Game Press Conference - Dennis Lawrence speaks ahead of Friday's WCQ with Panama

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2017, 01:52:48 AM »
Lawrence: Match Panama’s heart and desire.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

TRINIDAD AND Tobago men’s football team will need to match the desire, hunger and intensity of Panama, according to T&T coach Dennis Lawrence, ahead of tomorrow’s 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

During a pre-game media conference at the Courtyard Marriott, Mucurapo yesterday, Lawrence said, “I think Panama (are) going to play exactly the way that they play. They’re going to be very well-organised, they’re going to make themselves very tough to beat.

“The first thing we need to match with them is their desire, because they’re a team that play with their heart,” emphasised Lawrence. “We’ve got to match their intensity, their hunger (and) their endeavour to try to win games.” Trinidad and Tobago will have little time to rest following tomorrow’s game, as they would be hosting Mexico in another World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.

The former T&T central defender, who was appointed as national coach in January, admitted, “I’ll love to win the game (against Panama) and I think we all understand that. If we don’t win the game, then we mustn’t lose it.

“One of the most important things is if we can come out with four points (from both fixtures).

The most important thing is we mustn’t lose (tomorrow’s) game.

Six points would be brilliant.” Kenwyne Jones served as captain during the 2013-2016 reign of Stephen Hart while Carlos Edwards, who, like Lawrence and Jones, represented the then ‘Soca Warriors’ at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, wore the skipper’s armband during the four-game reign of Tom Saintfiet.

About his choice as team leader, Lawrence said, “I’m still yet to decide on that. I’m still assessing the group. It’s not a decision that I’m in any rush to make. The captain would be announced on the day of the game.” Jones has been a polarising figure on the T&T team but Lawrence leap to the defence of the 32-year-old striker.

“Kenwyne is a player that I think everybody need to understand.

Kenwyne has been around Trinidad and Tobago football for a long while. Kenwyne has come to do what I’ve asked him to do, to represent this country again.

Kenwyne needs support from the Trinidad and Tobago fans (and) the people around him.” Lawrence added, “My job is to help Kenwyne and to prepare Kenwyne to perform on the match day. My belief is that Kenwyne has got a lot to offer Trinidad and Tobago football.

I see a part for Kenwyne to play with Trinidad and Tobago football and I think he deserves the opportunity to be given the chance. That’s why I selected Kenwyne.” He also sent a rallying call to the T&T public, despite the fact that the national squad were beaten in their previous two Final Round games, against Costa Rica (2-0) and Honduras (3-1).

“I’m trying to encourage everyone to put a positive spin on this,” stated Lawrence. “Let us try to come together as a nation and make sure (to) give Panama the understanding that they’re not in Panama and they’re here in Trinidad and Tobago.”

In related news, Panama defender Roman Torres, in an interview on CONCACAF.com, said, “It’s a difficult match. It will be a match in which Panama has to be very focused and keep a clean sheet.” Torres, who plays alongside T&T midfielder Joevin Jones at American MLS club Seattle Sounders, continued, “Trinidad and Tobago (have) their qualities. They have fast players. We cannot get overconfident.

We should be concentrated and make them respect us.” It has also been reported on CONCACAF.com that Panama forward Blas Perez will miss tomorrow’s game due to an injured left thigh.

Rally with Kenwyne.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Back Trinidad and Tobago. Back Kenwyne Jones. And also, make Panama know that they are playing an away match when they come here for tomorrow’s FIFA World Cup qualifier, which kicks off from 7 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Yesterday, Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence spoke of making full use of playing at home and taking advantage of the home environment, for World Cup qualifiers against Panama tomorrow and against Mexico next Tuesday.

“I am encouraging everyone to try and come together as a nation and make sure and let Panama understand that they not in Panama... but they are here in Trinidad and Tobago,” Lawrence emphasised at a pre-match media conference, held at the team’s base at the Courtyard Marriot hotel.

The former T&T defender said his players are all moving in one direction and he wants the Trinidad and Tobago public and football fans to do the same. Part of that is showing love for Jones (Kenwyne), a polarising figure with fans in recent times. Some seem to love him while others don’t.

Lawrence has stoutly defended the role of the former captain in the national team but failed to reveal who would be wearing the captain’s armband in the two upcoming Russia 2018 qualifying matches at home.

Striker Jones, 32, who acquired extensive experience playing in the English Premiership in past years, had been the Warriors’ leader for almost all of the three years when former coach Stephen Hart was in charge of the local squad. But Jones was dropped during the brief 35-day stint under Belgian Tom Saintfiet, who resigned in January.

Either way, Lawrence, who was a teammate of Jones in the Trinidad and Tobago team during the 2006 World Cup campaign, made a strong case for the inclusion of the former Stoke City, Sunderland and Southampton player.

“Kenwyne has come here and he has come to do what I have asked him to do,” Lawrence said. “Kenwyne needs support from Trinidad and Tobago fans. Kenwyne needs support from the people around him.”
Lawrence continued: “My belief is that Kenwyne has a lot to offer Trinidad and Tobago football. I see a part for Kenwyne to play in Trinidad and Tobago football.”

Lawrence further stated that he had delayed naming a captain until fully assessing the group, since the foreign-based players had only joined the camp on the weekend. Teenaged midfielder Levi Garcia only arrived from Holland on Tuesday and defender Sheldon Bateau came in from Russia yesterday.

But with 26 players in camp, the newly-minted T&T head coach feels he has his bases covered for tomorrow’s key 2018 World Cup qualifier. “It’s not a decision I am in any rush to make. I will make that decision up until the last day.”

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:55:35 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2017, 05:15:24 AM »
Cummings is a big lost, sorry he wasn't fit, but ah half fit Cummings still better than a retired player.

Hyland is a waste, one good game in every 5.

Molino does play like he boots to big for him and he does get lost on de field, running without sense.

If Kenwyne want to play, he could play, ah hope he show up, we need him.
I read something on Twitter yesterday about a player who retired because he wasn't selected, I'm guessing it's Cummings?

No, that was Peltier.

Peltier biggest problem is he.

When he start realizing that material stuff and party is not everything, he go be alright.

We dont need individuals on we team, we need team players.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2017, 05:46:18 AM »
According to this site, Panama might play a 5-3-2 formation and Blas Perez might play after all.

Possible line up

Jaime Penedo; Luis Ovalle, Fidel Escobar, Román Torres, Felipe Baloy, Michael Amir Murillo; Amílcar Henríquez, Armando Cooper, Aníbal Godoy; Blas Pérez y Luis Tejada.

However, I did read that Fidel Escobar was sent home for disciplinary reason and his place were taken by Roderick Miller.

http://www.tvmax-9.com/somoslasele/Hernan-Dario-Gomez-jugadores-completo-Panama-Concacaf-Hexagonal_0_4716278415.html

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:28:05 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »
According to this site, Panama might play a 5-3-2 formation and Blas Perez might play after all.
They looking to park the bus and try to escape with at least a point.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
Yet another team employing a three centerback defense d other two got three points.....take careful note dat is really 3-5-2 how much yuh want to bet dem wide men goh be up in we defensive third every chance dey get......bet yuh dey goh be speedy too

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »
This is the beginning of a new era...Just want my team to play like they  name ....Warriors....And warriors do not take  prisoners ...We cannot come out timid ... we must play like hungry lions
Show Panama...Its a brand new bag   ....SOCA  RED

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »
Yet another team employing a three centerback defense d other two got three points.....take careful note dat is really 3-5-2 how much yuh want to bet dem wide men goh be up in we defensive third every chance dey get......bet yuh dey goh be speedy too

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

Yup and if we play Cyrus as a wing back we dead as he doesn't get back in time. Watch the Honduras game. Honestly our 4231 formation does not do well against this as the wing play is too open for them to overload especially when our backs attack up field.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
fellas.. coaches.. all the best.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:10 PM »

With all due respect to T&T.....escape? 

The other 5 teams in the HEX EXPECT TO GAIN 3 POINTS WHEN PLAYING IN T&T.  They will take 1 point. 

0 points against T&T at any time is unacceptable.  THAT is the other 5 teams mindset.

Nobody coming here to park no bus.  Will they play counter attacking football?   Sure....but no team in the Hex CURRENTLY fears T&T...even when we play at home.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »

With all due respect to T&T.....escape? 

The other 5 teams in the HEX EXPECT TO GAIN 3 POINTS WHEN PLAYING IN T&T.  They will take 1 point. 

0 points against T&T at any time is unacceptable.  THAT is the other 5 teams mindset.

Nobody coming here to park no bus.  Will they play counter attacking football?   Sure....but  and that's no team in the Hex CURRENTLY fears T&T...even when we play at home.
i hate to agree with you but you are absolutely correct, and in the words of Bobby bunz.....FACTS. no one fears us and that's a fact.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama Preview

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CgqxxZbVaZI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CgqxxZbVaZI</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
WATCH: Jamille Boatswain, Aubrey David, and Nathan Lewis ready for Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BDaaT6Y0bIc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BDaaT6Y0bIc</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
Thomas Rongen is on the ground in Trinidad to scout the match for the US. Maybe someone should keep him busy with Freddy Adu questions.

He's going to leave town with much info.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
who is scouting the us for we?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2017, 01:55:35 AM »
Gameday in Port of Spain: T&T Goes for Three.
TTFA Media.

This evening, the Hasely Crawford Stadium becomes this country’s main battlefield as Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team face off with Panama in a CONCACAF 2018 World Cup qualifier from 7pm.

The two teams have completed their build ups to the crucial encounter and a pulsating encounter looks in Port of Spain.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence believes his players will need to match their opponents in every department and do better in others.

“They (Panama) will be very well organised and will make themselves tough to beat as well as being a very competitive group and we need to understand that the first thing we have to try and do is match their desire because they are a team that plays with their heart and they look hungry.

“They are a hungry bunch and we need to match that first and then whatever qualities we have got would be enough. But we have to match their intensity, hunger and endeavour to try and win games,” he said.

Lawrence said he was privileged to be part of this historical 2006 World Cup qualification but he wants the current squad to create their own history.

“We were all members of the World Cup team in 2006 but what we have tried to express to the guys is that what we did in 2005 and 2006 was fantastic and is now history.

He said, “I now want these players to create their won history. I want history for these players to come and say we are here and we want to take up the mantle and we want to take T&T football to another level.

“So I have given ownership to them now. But what we have done is never to be forgotten, however at this moment in time its not really important, it’s what they do now to take us forward is what I’m interested in.”

Lawrence will name his team captain and final 23-man squad for the match today.

“We need to believe in what we are doing and we have prepared for this game and if we for whatever reason try to go away from what we are good at then we will put ourselves in a difficult situation. So the most important thing is for me to express to the players that we have to believe in what we are going to do and we have to commit to it and we have to carry it out for 90 minutes.”

Lawrence added:  “If there is any changes that need to be made it will be made amongst ourselves, but then the players are the most important thing and the intelligent ones.

“They are going to be the ones who are going to be on the pitch and they will see what is required at the moment in time and what I’m hoping is that they would make the right decisions.

“So the ownership is on to them to some point, but we are going to have direction in how we are going to try and approach the game to get a result.”

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:09:25 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2017, 04:51:38 AM »
Good Luck and God Bless. Go Warriors!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2017, 05:16:35 AM »
Panama 4-1-4-1: Jaime Penedo (GK); Luis Ovalle, Román Torres (capt), Felipe Baloy, Adolfo Machado; Amílcar Henríquez; Armando Cooper, Aníbal Godoy, Alberto Quintero, Yoel Bárcenas; Abdiel Arroyo.

Panama @ the Hasley Crawford Stadium.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:23:45 AM by Flex »

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2017, 07:21:07 AM »
With all the crime, abductions, murders of women, unemployment and stress in this place I hope DL letting these boys know that this is more than a game. They could be the key to raising some kind of nationalism and hope in this place. Good luck to the fellas. :challenge:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2017, 07:32:03 AM »
Nobody coming here to park no bus.  Will they play counter attacking football?   Sure....but no team in the Hex CURRENTLY fears T&T...even when we play at home.

All that is about change...And when this is history it will be known that it started with the hurting Panama about to  experienced tonight
Soca ..Red

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »
With all the crime, abductions, murders of women, unemployment and stress in this place I hope DL letting these boys know that this is more than a game. They could be the key to raising some kind of nationalism and hope in this place. Good luck to the fellas. :challenge:

That is sn excellent point. TT has a special relationship with football.. Definitely the most passionate football nation in the Caribbean.

1]; } ?>