March 28, 2024, 06:21:09 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)  (Read 30926 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (24-Mar-2017)
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2017, 05:09:04 AM »
you should have left my K...and i will soon spell the full word... i will leave this site for that fool...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2017, 05:29:20 AM »
When hart left here he was adamant that we support d team regardless, ah true patriot him.......learn from dat and stop d incessant whining nah contro, why we does have put up with this shit everytime u take issue .....jus support d team nah.......yuh eh find yuh too old to be acting like ah two year old every time someting irk yuh

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:35:38 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2017, 05:42:00 AM »
steups....crotch
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:54 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CPov-mgffHc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CPov-mgffHc</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »
i thought K Jones was amazing...and thats all we keep asking for...run..work..and run some more...well played skipper

Mikel Williams was poor...i keep saying Joevin Jones should play left back for us...JUST like he does at Seattle...

K9 was the real deal tonight. Strong presence. Speed, strength and skill.
Agreed! He and Torres were like 2 gladiators battling in a heavyweight bout

True but KJ stronger than him. This is the KJ I know, and have been talking about in the past! Things happen when KJ starts hustling!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
Really good start for DL. Still a lot to work on, but I'm taking that. Need to improve against Mexico though. A better Panama team could have hurt us yesterday. Need to work on the two penalty areas (offensively and defensively)
The two men everybody was bashing had very good games. KJ and Cyrus.
This was one on KJ's better games in a long time. He really fought well. That's all we ask of him - effort.
Cyrus made some usual Cyrus mistakes, but he made some timely interventions. I could count at least 4 that could have been trouble. And he didn't stray as much.
Carlos was really stretched and looked suspect, but he handled it well. But to be fair he wasn't getting any support from the right midfield. And was caught in no man's land quite often. Only his experience saved him/us.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2017, 12:19:54 PM »
A very boring and non attacking brand of football...

No offense but Tallest not close to Hart when it comes to coaching and strategy...

Levi and jones were not themselves, we were not as deadly in the box or near it, nor were we damaging as before in the opponents first third..

Outside of Molinos goal, he didn't do much, jones didn't have his usual crosses coming in from the wings and our defense had too much lapses..

Tallest and sol are defenders, our team should be defending much better

Give me a 80% Cummings any day on this team, he needs to get with an trainer and physio because he was missing from the mid..

Kenwyne played well except for that Side netting bull he pull, when he could have played it in the middle with his team mates running into the box..bad decision
I understand you want nice pretty football with an attacking mentality. Let me just express a few things here clear as daylight - we have two defensive coaches. Stephen Hart was a good coach however  he would get things mixed up from time to time.   Dennis idea of coaching exist around fitness, concentration and sticking to a game play to better manage the game in order to maintain shape based on the fitness level of the current crop of players.

Many individuals here rant and waved about the pre match game vs Barbados focusing more on the opponents rank but not thinking about how similar in style panama is to them. The bajans are strong, very physical and at time are hard to break down. Knowing this similarity and using it in a smart way to build both confidence and solidify the organisation of the defense was indeed a touch of pro-active thinking on part of the technical staff.

Let's face it, Panama is a team that will win even if they lose, the have demonstrated this in the gold cup in the last decade - tnt was not going to outscore them. This was a very tricky game for us, they are good on the counter, can possess the ball well and score goals. Panama game plan was always to hit us on the counter, absorb the early pressure then close up shop and play the physical game which the referee was allowing hence the sole yellow late on. We don't have magical players anymore - someone like latapy who can walk through a team and score or a yorke who can poach around to nick something out of nothing. Reality is the only way we can get points off the giants is to play the frustration game which was executed to perfect effect, yes it wasn't pretty but it's the result we needed.

It's also clear the players are battling like we haven't seen in a long long time. I don't like to compare coaches, Hart came into a time where the team was at an all time low and bought the team back to major contenders - got us to the hex and for this he deserves eternal respect. Dennis- have a different tactical approach, the real test of the character of this team will be vs USA in June. We have many advantages over Mexico- which is the height of our players, home soil and our backs against the wall knowing in the past we match up really well against them in difficult conditions during the gold cup in USA. Remember this is the same Mexican team who couldn't get a win vs Panama few months ago.

So far with the limited resources, stock players and a federation filled with financial issues the future looks a bit vivid. I much rather see us in the WC scraping draws and marginal wins vs going all gunho and collecting six like Honduras. I was impressed how the guys started this game, how patient they were instead of the direct plays of old, the passion and concentration to hold a lead as well as killing off the game. The substitutions came in at critical times, the coach didn't take any chances - this is something we lacked before. Also, our backline and shape was well kept by Carlos and company even our strikers came back to help. There was many off the ball movement - smart use of pacing themselves -also something missing from Hart days.

The use of KJ was much different from the past - he may not be as effective scoring in this role however we don't have anyone like him to win the ball in the middle of the park to build attacks, before we relied on the keeper and defense to link the midfield which is super risky.
Panama switch the play in the second half after realizing they cant get past Edwards - they were banking on that side but ran into a wall, mikiel held his own well, Cyrus was better off in that central position - it will be very hard for Randalf and co to take that away from him now.

Overall we found the fighting spirit and lived up to the pride of the Caribbean with this performance. And yes Panama we do respect you guys very much, please return the favor on our visit in the next round. The people of tnt will rally behind this team now because they have given us something we sorely missing - Belief.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:29:24 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2017, 01:54:40 PM »
you should have left my K...and i will soon spell the full word... i will leave this site for that fool...

So leave nah, I post the truth and reality, and don't settle for mediocrity, argue the points I posted or continue to insult like a trini with no brain..

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2017, 01:55:06 PM »
Well done fellas...  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: Great display of fight  :duel: and determination last night... Still some work to be done, but we on the right track...

Big up to Super Kenwyn for digging deep and showing that true fighting #warriorspirit.... Onwards to Mexico #Impossibleisnothing... We eh losing on Tuesday #PositiveVibrations
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:48:15 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2017, 02:01:20 PM »
A very boring and non attacking brand of football...

No offense but Tallest not close to Hart when it comes to coaching and strategy...

Levi and jones were not themselves, we were not as deadly in the box or near it, nor were we damaging as before in the opponents first third..

Outside of Molinos goal, he didn't do much, jones didn't have his usual crosses coming in from the wings and our defense had too much lapses..

Tallest and sol are defenders, our team should be defending much better

Give me a 80% Cummings any day on this team, he needs to get with an trainer and physio because he was missing from the mid..

Kenwyne played well except for that Side netting bull he pull, when he could have played it in the middle with his team mates running into the box..bad decision
I understand you want nice pretty football with an attacking mentality. Let me just express a few things here clear as daylight - we have two defensive coaches. Stephen Hart was a good coach however  he would get things mixed up from time to time.   Dennis idea of coaching exist around fitness, concentration and sticking to a game play to better manage the game in order to maintain shape based on the fitness level of the current crop of players.

Many individuals here rant and waved about the pre match game vs Barbados focusing more on the opponents rank but not thinking about how similar in style panama is to them. The bajans are strong, very physical and at time are hard to break down. Knowing this similarity and using it in a smart way to build both confidence and solidify the organisation of the defense was indeed a touch of pro-active thinking on part of the technical staff.

Let's face it, Panama is a team that will win even if they lose, the have demonstrated this in the gold cup in the last decade - tnt was not going to outscore them. This was a very tricky game for us, they are good on the counter, can possess the ball well and score goals. Panama game plan was always to hit us on the counter, absorb the early pressure then close up shop and play the physical game which the referee was allowing hence the sole yellow late on. We don't have magical players anymore - someone like latapy who can walk through a team and score or a yorke who can poach around to nick something out of nothing. Reality is the only way we can get points off the giants is to play the frustration game which was executed to perfect effect, yes it wasn't pretty but it's the result we needed.

It's also clear the players are battling like we haven't seen in a long long time. I don't like to compare coaches, Hart came into a time where the team was at an all time low and bought the team back to major contenders - got us to the hex and for this he deserves eternal respect. Dennis- have a different tactical approach, the real test of the character of this team will be vs USA in June. We have many advantages over Mexico- which is the height of our players, home soil and our backs against the wall knowing in the past we match up really well against them in difficult conditions during the gold cup in USA. Remember this is the same Mexican team who couldn't get a win vs Panama few months ago.

So far with the limited resources, stock players and a federation filled with financial issues the future looks a bit vivid. I much rather see us in the WC scraping draws and marginal wins vs going all gunho and collecting six like Honduras. I was impressed how the guys started this game, how patient they were instead of the direct plays of old, the passion and concentration to hold a lead as well as killing off the game. The substitutions came in at critical times, the coach didn't take any chances - this is something we lacked before. Also, our backline and shape was well kept by Carlos and company even our strikers came back to help. There was many off the ball movement - smart use of pacing themselves -also something missing from Hart days.

The use of KJ was much different from the past - he may not be as effective scoring in this role however we don't have anyone like him to win the ball in the middle of the park to build attacks, before we relied on the keeper and defense to link the midfield which is super risky.
Panama switch the play in the second half after realizing they cant get past Edwards - they were banking on that side but ran into a wall, mikiel held his own well, Cyrus was better off in that central position - it will be very hard for Randalf and co to take that away from him now.

Overall we found the fighting spirit and lived up to the pride of the Caribbean with this performance. And yes Panama we do respect you guys very much, please return the favor on our visit in the next round. The people of tnt will rally behind this team now because they have given us something we sorely missing - Belief.

Hart didn't have the support like Tallest, everything Tallest using from the gps to his full staff was requested by Hart... so it's unfair to say Hart didn't have it all together.. he was undermined, Tallest is not being undermined, thank God..

But that in mind, we should have played better football, we didn't.. we are lucky Panama didn't play their usual football that we saw in the gold cup, or we would have been on the losing end.. Mexico won't make those mistakes, we need to play better football..

Under Hart, even if we fell behind I had confidence the team could come back, yesterday I didn't get that feeling..

We are missing that spark in the mid, Cummings brought that, outside of the goal, Molino was invisible..he didn't create for others and wasn't an attacking force outside of one run into the box..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
 Again, I don't want to compare coaching staff. They are two different types of coaches. Cummings will be back he is a strong young man not to worry. All we can do now is support the team - the staff and stay positive. Looking at the past isn't helping anything besides creating a negative vibes. I don't like the idea of some of the guys on this board going back and forth with petty squabbles - it makes us look mediocre. Team is doing their part now it's time for us to do ours and represent them in a professional way. Many many outsides look at these boards - read the craziness some of us write and rant about - it don't look good. If we continue on this path of skallywaggin the outcome is going to be herald as hooligans not patriotic fans.

This team isn't just one person, it's not only Cummings who contributed in those draws against the Mexicans and these are the players selected, available and fighting. Support them, we don't have anyone else, reserve the drama for when they start sucking. To be fair, no one expects to get a result against Mexico, its a dream to do so, a belief and if we lorse so be it but we will be going down fighting hard.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:26:38 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
How come nobody mention the penalty we should have been awarded with that blatant foul against Molino in the second half.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
How come nobody mention the penalty we should have been awarded with that blatant foul against Molino in the second half.

if have cuss for d ref behavior and I mention it
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »

The ref is Honduran and people could believe that he was helping out Honduras,for that reason we should use a ref from South America.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2017, 05:01:24 PM »
At the end of the day it's a WIN...And much needed so we look to fight stronger on another day
A wise mind once said ..I can you do not remember the errors of  your past you are doomed to repeating them
Right now the past is just that...It's the future we must look forward to...And it sure looks better right now..Than it did after out first two losses ...So agonizing over what could have or would have is not contributing in a positive manner to where we are now or down the road
I am sure this team will evolve in terms of the team composition but its all about who is available and fit at this time in space,so hold on to your underware that player who you so cherish may just get his opportunity when he is fit and ready,in the mean time enjoy the ride and don't kill the vibes
If we keep this up nuff foreign players will want to link up...But first we must put wins up there and show inspite of all the negatives we can progress..That is a must
It must Red... It must be Black..It must be White
It's about the onfield product...Not individual but team...And team is chemistry
Soca...Red
Rastafari

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

The ref is Honduran and people could believe that he was helping out Honduras,for that reason we should use a ref from South America.

I didn't know where the referee was from but we had a conspiracy theory that he was from Central America.....well look at that.....smh....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2017, 03:07:47 AM »

I didn't know where the referee was from but we had a conspiracy theory that he was from Central America.....well look at that.....smh....
worst display is officiating I have seen in years, and I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I guess it was glaringly obvious.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Full Game - Full Time Result: T&T 1 - 0 Panama; Best Quality Upload!!
« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2017, 09:28:03 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago vs. Panama (2018 World Cup Qualifier - CONCACAF Hexagonal Round)
Published on 25 Mar 2017 

Full Game - Full Time Result: T&T 1 - 0 Panama; Best Quality Upload!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tVi6EnAiFpY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tVi6EnAiFpY</a>
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:30:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>