March 28, 2024, 04:17:27 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (28-Mar-2017)  (Read 24840 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (28-Mar-2017)
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
Really proud of the guys. Karma is a hell of a thing. Molino challenge was a bit rough imo. That petty squabble broke the entire teams concentration and united the Mexicans. But all this said, they had to work really hard to get a result and I am sure this team will go from here stronger than before. The Panama game showed in the second half and Mexico work rate was  higher than ours winning the second balls.
Overall it don't feel like a loss, more like.. a gift we gave them.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2017, 07:11:36 PM »
Steups. This whole f**king Hex was a giant wasted opportunity.

I just get vex out of the blue and had to drink two shot quick.  :cursing:

f**king DJW and he rum shop TGIF crew
I ain forget we federation, I try to ignore them but I ain forget them.

We have to dig ourselves out of this hole because of them but the way we played the last 2 games, I think we're capable of picking up some points in the up coming games.

I wonder if de President go hug Lawerence tonight....he mus be in de stands cussing him way.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
Well hard luck boys, that was a painful loss. Awful calls from the ref, disgraceful display from the Mexicans.

We dying for a strong presence in the middle.

How many games have we lost due to loosing concentration at critical times.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
Really proud of the guys. Karma is a hell of a thing. Molino challenge was a bit rough imo. That petty squabble broke the entire teams concentration and united the Mexicans. But all this said, they had to work really hard to get a result and I am sure this team will go from here stronger than before. The Panama game showed in the second half and Mexico work rate was  higher than ours winning the second balls.
Overall it don't feel like a loss, more like.. a gift we gave them.

All of this is sweet and nice, but in the end one team gains three points and the other team that needed a result at home gained zero. And we have to ask ourselves why? What happened in the game?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
We down but not out

Have to pick up points on the road.

DL biggest job is to keep this group believing. I'll give a tactical breakdown later
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
Great effort fellas. Proud of the performance. Mexico, the best team in the region, could only score off of a set piece. We have a lot to build on.

Joevin Jones is a special, special player. My word. Sky is the limit for him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »
Well, when I saw the names of the referees I know this was going to end in a drama. For some reason, that dude is always brutal on Caribbean sides. It was like a deja vue when he called a foul against Jones when  in fact a Mexican defender charged him while he was in the air and that came right after the ref disallowed the goal that even the Mexican commentators called a golazo.

Anyway, Trini looked good tonight. It is no shame to lose to Mexico even though I think Trini deserved the point they fought for. Hard luck.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »
Im AH HURTING...very tough result to take....wont think the Mexicans would sore a header from a direct Corner,,, and we playing short corners and messing around with the football out wide.
Good effort boys...the "offside" goal we scored...well we all know it was not offside...but..."Fitball"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »
Well, when I saw the names of the referees I know this was going to end in a drama. For some reason, that dude is always brutal on Caribbean sides. It was like a deja vue when he called a foul against Jones when  in fact a Mexican defender charged him while he was in the air and that came right after the ref disallowed the goal that even the Mexican commentators called a golazo.

Anyway, Trini looked good tonight. It is no shame to lose to Mexico even though I think Trini deserved the point they fought for. Hard luck.
:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
I think T&T got scored on after loosing concentration due to some typical Mexican gamesmanship when the Mexicans convinced the lame referee to give T&T striker Molino a yellow card when he clearly did not foul the Mexican player when they both went for the ball.

The Mexicans have to be some of the greatest actors in football! A fairer result for this game would have been a 1-1 draw! 

T&T players need to learn how to act to persuade the officials to make calls in their favour like how the Mexicans have perfected doing. We are too fair while the Central Americans would do almost anything to get calls in their favour including becoming Oscar winning divers and actors!!

The referee and one of the linesmen also seemed to be part of the Mexican team, that was clearly not an offside goal that we scored!
If we had a better referee in this game he would have given one of the Mexicans a yellow card in this game for acting but he instead allowed the acting and was eventually conned into giving one of our T&T players Kevin Molino an unfair yellow for a phantom foul.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:46:37 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
Anybody have footage/highlights of the game?  Especially the "offside" goal......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »
Anybody have footage/highlights of the game?  Especially the "offside" goal......

Offside goal
https://my.mixtape.moe/twhhsm.mp4

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

Offside goal
https://my.mixtape.moe/twhhsm.mp4
i didn't even have to see this clip to know that the goal was good. i was right there and saw the whole thing and these concacaf referees should ashamed of themselves to be so incompetent and should all be fired from the referee on Friday night to this nitwhit tonight him and his whole bloody crew of clueless f..ups. The game could have went so different had that goal stood.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2017, 03:05:04 AM »
Bad officiating, the yellow card was ridiculous and the offside was touch and go, could have gone either way, they showed the replay from a bad angle to begin with, so hard to determine..

I think fans use to mediocre performances, it's like men fighting to stay relevant..

Overall we played rubbish, very little shots on goal, our midfield was non existent at times and that goal, Cyrus and crew was ball watching..

Foolish tactics, the first few corners not being swung in? Bad substitutions by Tallest, plaza came on and played decent but subbing Jones in the 65' minute, that was just plain dumb.. no Levi Garcia? Cato first touch is terrible and he gave away the ball too much with bad passes...

People who said this was a good performance need to take the yampee out of their eye or check their optometrist ... once again we were disjointed in the mid and it felt like we were playing away, Mexico looked more comfortable in our backyard than our team...

No creativity in the mid and Molino faded in and out, he made a poor decision to take a near impossible strike from the left side when he should have put the ball in the middle to Jones.. Cummings is sorely missed....

If this is the type of brand Tallest is planning to pass off to make the World Cup, it will fail... the dictator laughing, because he give allyuh a six for a nine with this coaching selection.. we saw Tallest inexperience show tonight and his inability to make the right substitutions to get us back into the match... we were absorbing pressure and being pressed, it felt like the Trinidad of old, destroying the progress made previously by Hart...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2017, 03:24:14 AM »

T&T position after four games in the Hex, one win and three losses

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2017, 06:02:07 AM »
Is this "Controversial" person Stephen Hart???? Serious question because no one seems to be good enough but Hart. Every post Hart is mentioned  :-\

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
we need to beat panama and honduras and get a result against usa and costa rica a tie would do
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:27:52 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »
If there is one "good loss" at this stage is to Mexico, since they are at the top and will not be overtaken.  We must get wins against the other teams: HON, CR, PAN and the USA to stay in striking distance and maintain hope of going through. I think the US will still make it, though.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2017, 08:33:10 AM »

honestly I would say leave molino(for now) on d bench play kenwin withdrawn and start boatswain on top.........

You playing Mexico in a world cup qualifier and you would leave your goalscorer on the bench and instead play someone who has exactly 1 international appearance...AGAINST BARBADOS in a scrimmage....??   :yellowcard:

I justified my thinkin on d matter based on past experience....you free to disagree....but feel we ah better off playing front men that COULD put REAL pressure on d mexicans to force mistakes...nutten against molino jus doh tink he will fit dat plan.....molino talented but not disruptive in a physical sense........yuh hadda weigh yuh tangibles with yuh intangibles...nutten does ever truly be black and white

Respeck  :beermug:

small ting...doh if I did play molino it would be in d right "half space"  and let d wingback on he flank stay home

What's the value of a wingback staying home?

Once a player is in the 23, that player should be viewed as a legitimate option.

I doh think the option should be either or ... last night it should have been binary (that is, "and" rather than or) in the latter stages of the match.

What's done is done. Mentally Boatswain will benefit from having entered versus Mexico.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:48 AM »
The one player I have been hoping would find some glory is Cato. He has had numerous opportunities and although he doesn't play bad, unfortunately we actually need everybody playing special, I would even settle for 2 good plays. Give someone else the opportunity please. He should be on the team, but starting doesn't seem to be in his cards.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2017, 09:33:52 AM »
It's time to use technology in WC matches even the Qualifiers,you didn't need to see the play in SloMo,the play was slow enough to see that it wasn't off side.I think TT seems to always suffer,Haiti in the 70s,USA in 89 when a blatant penalty against the USA was not given,I hope something good is in store for us later.We can still make it,I hope the boys don't give up.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »

honestly I would say leave molino(for now) on d bench play kenwin withdrawn and start boatswain on top.........

You playing Mexico in a world cup qualifier and you would leave your goalscorer on the bench and instead play someone who has exactly 1 international appearance...AGAINST BARBADOS in a scrimmage....??   :yellowcard:

I justified my thinkin on d matter based on past experience....you free to disagree....but feel we ah better off playing front men that COULD put REAL pressure on d mexicans to force mistakes...nutten against molino jus doh tink he will fit dat plan.....molino talented but not disruptive in a physical sense........yuh hadda weigh yuh tangibles with yuh intangibles...nutten does ever truly be black and white

Respeck  :beermug:

small ting...doh if I did play molino it would be in d right "half space"  and let d wingback on he flank stay home

What's the value of a wingback staying home?

Once a player is in the 23, that player should be viewed as a legitimate option.

I doh think the option should be either or ... last night it should have been binary (that is, "and" rather than or) in the latter stages of the match.

What's done is done. Mentally Boatswain will benefit from having entered versus Mexico.
Have seen molino let pplyer by him when playing for orlando but allowing the wingback to "arrive late" will do d trick too......just felt that we would have benefitted by doubling up d physically in d top/middle dat pressure told twice for us against mexico and i am convinced dat dat is d policy for mexico ruff dem up in d middle third

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
Cato he looks a little to wild to me especially when shooting at goal.With a little more composure when taking shots on goal,he can be a very decent player,he supports the defence and that's always good

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
Levi is a starter in the Eredivisie. That's the highest level anybody on the team is currently at. Might be time for Cato to sit and let Levi and Joevin handle them wings from the start.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »
Levi is a starter in the Eredivisie. That's the highest level anybody on the team is currently at. Might be time for Cato to sit and let Levi and Joevin handle them wings from the start.

Not exactly. Out of the 27 games so far in the 2016/17 season, Levi has made the matchday squad 14 times. He has started in 6 games, and been substituted in 5 of them. So basically, he's still trying to establish himself.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »
A FIFA ref gave me the following lead.

In the Canada v El Salvador WC qualifying match played in Vancouver last September, Richard Washington (the AR) and Legister (the ref), working that match together as they did on Tuesday night, were party to another 'offside goal' fiasco.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bvoOYG6vnJE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bvoOYG6vnJE</a>

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=2000062536/match=300334107/index.html

Their error was discussed at a referees elite course.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »
A FIFA ref gave me the following lead.

In the Canada v El Salvador WC qualifying match played in Vancouver last September, Richard Washington (the AR) and Legister (the ref), working that match together as they did on Tuesday night, were party to another 'offside goal' fiasco.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bvoOYG6vnJE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bvoOYG6vnJE</a>

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=2000062536/match=300334107/index.html

Their error was discussed at a referees elite course.
thats right vadlin legister he's the same bastard who officiated the game vs Martinique in october when we were being fouled left right and across by the martiniqians and he did absolutely nothing about it. I believe this guy might have it in for trinis. met quite a few jamaicans in England who just lived to hate trinis. for all we know he just might me of the very same mindset.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:14 PM »
The sad thing with JJ goal (that never was) is that it was a beauty, the keeper didn't even had a clue, just felt a breeze.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
were the refs changed last minute.....I thought it was supposed to be Aguilar?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2017, 12:11:48 PM »
just heard on i95.5 dat d game was declared null void ??? and is to be replayed in 30days or points shared...can this be appealed by mexico....more importantly has this ever occurred because referees make bad calls all d time
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:13:33 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>