March 28, 2024, 11:36:42 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53232 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2017, 05:01:19 AM »
I know DJW and I can assure you the players will get paid, there should be no insecurities from the T&T players.

Their pay might be late sometimes, but its inevitable.

Why inevitable?

Well, its certain to happen, they will get their money, I'm 100% sure.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2017, 07:36:50 AM »
Best of luck to the team, management and staff. My trip to AZ got cancelled last minute, so I won't be taking the drive over to support. However I'll be online somewhere supporting.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »
So my choice of line up... 4-5-1:

Williams

Gonzalez           Cyrus           Bateau           M.Williams

Hyland       George

Hector              Molino                   Joevin
                         K9Jones.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
Gonzalez did very well against Mexico, skillful, good reader and fast.
Cyrus plays better as a CD, and he cld handle Jozi and Dempsey attempts at getting rough up. He has great speed too.
Bateau...no explanation needed.
Mekeil plays against these guys, that's his position and he moves the ball fwd well with good link up play on the flanks.
Hyland and George will break up pulisia and Bradley play in the middle, as well as good link up between defense and offense.
Hector I was a lil indecisive about, but he's better and tested than anyone else. I rate him better than Cato too.
Molino, #10, feeding of  Kenwyne, and creating as well.
Joevin... no explanation needed. Carenage boy...great link up from mekeil to him, to Molino.
And finally...the black beast. He will cause it come show time!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:12 AM »
I go take a beating for what I'm about to say...but I don't think national players should get paid it represent the country. It's a privilege. Win something...as in a tournament, get ah lil raise, house and land...Other than that...it's a privilege and it allows other opportunities to come all yuh way. Just my humble opinion.
Lol, so only de men in suits and shirt jack should benefit while the men on the field, sticking they foot in wild tackle, risking they career for pride alone...?

Mints, I hear and agree about the risks. I specifically said I don't think players on the national team should get paid, unless they win a tournament, it is a privilege to play for your country.

Now what should 100% be afforded to the players are, proper meals, accommodation, training and training gear, transportation and insurance. Regarding the staff...as a soldier pointed out, staff could be anyone, they hv administrative suites and should be compensated fairly aligned with their position. Positions not limited to a coach and his staff, right down to the water boy...

So, isn't it a privilege to play for England, Germany, Mexico, Ghana, Bolivia etc also? Their players are paid. Once other countries are paying their players, our players will view not being paid as inequity in their minds and that will result in reduced performance on the field. When you play a sport and you're not paid for it...that's being an amateur, like my Sunday league. Being honoured to represent your national team and being paid for it, one should not affect the other imho.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
I know DJW and I can assure you the players will get paid, there should be no insecurities from the T&T players.

WOW!  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2017, 09:23:10 AM »

Palos, doh cause no chubble. Dahis a limb that might lead to office space.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
I go take a beating for what I'm about to say...but I don't think national players should get paid it represent the country. It's a privilege. Win something...as in a tournament, get ah lil raise, house and land...Other than that...it's a privilege and it allows other opportunities to come all yuh way. Just my humble opinion.
Lol, so only de men in suits and shirt jack should benefit while the men on the field, sticking they foot in wild tackle, risking they career for pride alone...?

Mints, I hear and agree about the risks. I specifically said I don't think players on the national team should get paid, unless they win a tournament, it is a privilege to play for your country.

Now what should 100% be afforded to the players are, proper meals, accommodation, training and training gear, transportation and insurance. Regarding the staff...as a soldier pointed out, staff could be anyone, they hv administrative suites and should be compensated fairly aligned with their position. Positions not limited to a coach and his staff, right down to the water boy...

So wait, while it is standard within the industry to be paid when appearing for national duty, our players (and only our players) should forego this for pride?  So whatever you are qualified to do if the government need you to do it for T&T and reach out, you would do it for free correct.  If war break out should our defense force forego monies to since they would be fighting to defend their home?  What f0(kry allyuh does ketch allyuh self talkin dan?!!  That is the dumbest shit anybody ever say on here and I doh care who doh like it but dat is bullshit of the highest order.  That is the men and them livelihood and they should risk it for free?!! big long f**kin steups!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Denver Meetup?
« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
A few people on the forum drop hints that they heading Denver for the match, so I just checking to see if anybody interested in bouncing up. Me and another forumite - santacruz - touching Denver @ 9amThursday.
Apparently Dick's park don't allow alcoholic tailgate:
TAILGATING

Tailgating is allowed in all stadium lots; however, please respect fellow fans by only occupying one parking space. Tailgating should take place directly behind your vehicle or in adjacent landscape areas only. You may not block other parking spaces, walkways or any aisle ways with tents, trailers, chairs, coolers, or barbeques.

Note: All barbeques must use a controlled flame. Open fires using logs, charcoal, or wood barbeques of any kind are strictly prohibited. Propane tanks must be less that 20lbs. Violators will be prosecuted.

Open consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in parking lots surrounding Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
& I ain't from Denver, so I don't know how else to meet besides with a bottle-o-rum.

The Yanks being organized as they are meeting up at British Bulldog pub and have shuttles to the match for $10 . We could meet there and take we ridicule [as long as nobody decide to throw no drink on me or nuttin], vibes a bit and head the match.
Anybody who plan to lime a bit before the match & or who know where a group of socawarriors fans vibezin before the match text *edit* PM Tallman to get added to the whattsap group. It wukkin! **

I feel this is it. Besides all the sh!t that going on I feel a surprise coming. It look like the boys working hard.

Open to suggestions.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:08:22 AM by kounty »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2017, 10:10:51 AM »

The players all signed documents 2 weeks ago about getting funds release for payment, this is why I can't understand the beef. Furthermore, the TTFA paid over $200,000 USD just for that training camp in Denver.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Meetup?
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »
Me and my old man go be dey, touching down around the same time too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »

The players all signed documents 2 weeks ago about getting funds release for payment, this is why I can't understand the beef. Furthermore, the TTFA paid over $200,000 USD just for that training camp in Denver.

Why is that relevant?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »

It's reasonable to suggest that previously the FA has been less than timely with payments. Even if in earnest the payments will come, if it is past due the players are right to grumble. The FA needs to transform itself in the eyes of the team and re-build trust.

The camp is a good start as far as preparation, other benefits like medicals and health checks are also positive but whatever is promised needs to be delivered on time, in fact do it early if you can. That will start to build trust between players and administrators.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »

Does that include players insurance?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »

So wait, while it is standard within the industry to be paid when appearing for national duty, our players (and only our players) should forego this for pride?  So whatever you are qualified to do if the government need you to do it for T&T and reach out, you would do it for free correct.  If war break out should our defense force forego monies to since they would be fighting to defend their home?  What f0(kry allyuh does ketch allyuh self talkin dan?!!  That is the dumbest shit anybody ever say on here and I doh care who doh like it but dat is bullshit of the highest order.  That is the men and them livelihood and they should risk it for free?!! big long f**kin steups!

Yuh cld setups til yuh fall asleep.  :D

I said NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERS, not just Trinidad and Tobago. Imho all national athletes, should not be compensated to represent their country unless they win a tournament. How about that... These players earn their  livelihood playing at their respective club...that is common sense. But I cld see how "that not making any sense," to some people in here.

So there is this saying practice what yuh preach...if I was a national team player, I eh want no pay unless my team qualify for a big tournament, or win a tournament...

The administration should however, provide the absolute best in terms of insurance, accommodations and preparations.

Yuh stuepsinnn still

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2017, 11:12:11 AM »

I said NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERS, not just Trinidad and Tobago. Imho all national athletes, should not be compensated to represent their country unless they win a tournament. How about that... These players earn their  livelihood playing at their respective club...that is common sense. But I cld see how "that not making any sense," to some people in here.

So there is this saying practice what yuh preach...if I was a national team player, I eh want no pay unless my team qualify for a big tournament, or win a tournament...

The administration should however, provide the absolute best in terms of insurance, accommodations and preparations.

Yuh stuepsinnn still

Noble idea but what happens in the case of career ending injury early in career while representing your country.  Who decides how much of a players potential could have been realized and what they will be compensated.  What if that system was in place and a player like Joevin or even Molino got injured before MLS moves?  Now all of a sudden you have a players earning potential limited while performing in his professional capacity representing the nation.  What do they get? Are they gonna be taken care of for life? Based on the chump change they was making in their respective tiers before ascending to the heights they've achieved?  That whole play for free idea is very much flawed, especially when there are profits being generated from the sport.  So when Brazil or Mexico and all selling out stadiums all over, the FA keep the money and players get squat because is not a major tournament?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »

Yuh stuepsinnn still

Noble idea but what happens in the case of career ending injury early in career while representing your country.  Who decides how much of a players potential could have been realized and what they will be compensated.  What if that system was in place and a player like Joevin or even Molino got injured before MLS moves?  Now all of a sudden you have a players earning potential limited while performing in his professional capacity representing the nation.  What do they get? Are they gonna be taken care of for life? Based on the chump change they was making in their respective tiers before ascending to the heights they've achieved?  That whole play for free idea is very much flawed, especially when there are profits being generated from the sport.  So when Brazil or Mexico and all selling out stadiums all over, the FA keep the money and players get squat because is not a major tournament?

To answer your questions:
1- what happens if they get a career ending injury?
Their career is over---period. Any injury like that can occur at club or national duty. Don't matter where, career ending is career ending.

2- player like joevin and Molino get hurt before mls move?
If these players just relied on national team playing time to support their livelihood, they wouldn't be able to afford even buying food, yet alone pay a mortgage or rent...how many times are they required to suit up in colors annually...thus being a professional footballer, at a club level affords them a decent to great quality of life.

3- Brazil, Mexico, England, Germany, Spain, Argentina, all those big countries and big teams?
All their players I am sure are playing professionally in leagues across the world. Their money to support their lifestyle isn't coming from ONLY WHEN THEY DON THEIR NATIONAL COLORS. It just wouldn't be enough to support a decent quality of life.

A point I'd like to make as well...I'm not 100 percent sure, but ent to secure a overseas contract a tentative player must have been capped by the national team? If this is true, then, that in itself  pays to be a NT player.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Vibes it up fellas!!! I wish i cld hv make a turn!! The team need all yuh support! Trini posse socawarriors edition! Big up all yuhself!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2017, 12:16:34 PM »
Me and my old man go be dey, touching down around the same time too.
Well text mih!!! We go pour both of allyuh a warm shot! :)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »
I go bey dey. Reaching in around de same time.

Feliziano already dey, and Brownsugar should be dey by now (with ah bottle of double black). Ah hear Preacher might make de run too.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2017, 12:52:29 PM »
Fari....check your inbox....ah reach and ah have Scotch...😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2017, 01:16:36 PM »
To answer your questions:
1- what happens if they get a career ending injury?
Their career is over---period. Any injury like that can occur at club or national duty. Don't matter where, career ending is career ending.

2- player like joevin and Molino get hurt before mls move?
If these players just relied on national team playing time to support their livelihood, they wouldn't be able to afford even buying food, yet alone pay a mortgage or rent...how many times are they required to suit up in colors annually...thus being a professional footballer, at a club level affords them a decent to great quality of life.

3- Brazil, Mexico, England, Germany, Spain, Argentina, all those big countries and big teams?
All their players I am sure are playing professionally in leagues across the world. Their money to support their lifestyle isn't coming from ONLY WHEN THEY DON THEIR NATIONAL COLORS. It just wouldn't be enough to support a decent quality of life.

A point I'd like to make as well...I'm not 100 percent sure, but ent to secure a overseas contract a tentative player must have been capped by the national team? If this is true, then, that in itself  pays to be a NT player.

You off in another direction buddy.  Not sure why you stressing this idea of dependency on nt ball to survive.  I am more concerned with why you feel grown adult professionals should donate their time to what is a for profit industry as opposed to a charitable organization.  Furthermore they do play for pride as it is.  Why else would someone like KJ still lace them up given the kind of jackassness that has been said about him by the "fans."  Which player wants to know that people saying shit like yuh have the first touch of ah raperman or being constantly called a shithong and will still represent among others those very same assholes on the world stage?  You really think pride not already at the root of why they play?  So what caps help you get contracts?  If no pride involved wouldn't they just play for the obligatory amount of caps necessary then retire from nt ball?

If you make a deal with adults then yuh honor yuh deal.  If is standard practice to be paid then pay.  We not talking about college kids on a paid for scholarship, we talking about professional players.  If they want people they don't have to pay then have school boys who are essentially amateurs play.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »

Why is that relevant?

Why not?

They obviously have no big money issues !!!

Of course, all is not great, but they are doing the best with what they have.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »
Ah see allyuh setting allyuh self up again like so many other times before, when would yuhs learn, allyuh keep forgetting the ole cliche, when yuh fail to prepare then prepare to fail. we can't even beat grenada in grenada is the yankess we go beat in dey back yard??

all this false optimism about beating the US in the US has never happenned, and by the looks of it would never happen anytime soon!! and if it does this time around (which i seriously doubt) then i will be more than willing to eat that crow, stew or curried with a lots of scotch bonnet for flavoring.

all this rhetoric about beating the US is nonsensical!! especially when this USMNT have all the amenities available to produce good performances. they have infrastructure, adequate funding, a solid following whether they winnin or losing, not a bunch of limers for fans only when things going good, a federation that means business!! not some rag tag federation who scrunting and behind on payments where we run into they "srike" siuations ever so often when a big game comes around.

imagine we going into battle with one of the stalwarts in the region and the players bikkering over monies owed when our oponents solely focused on putting a thumping on us, when would we learn??

we did this same bullsh!t against haiti both in the copa and the caribbean cup AND WE SEE HOW THAT FORKRY worked out for us, AND YES I DOES STILL FOOLOW THE TEAM WHEN I HAVE TIME TOO.

as for lawrence, well boy i rate the soldier, seems like he have more know how that harty, and BC of his playing experience against these teams, he might just have an inside view on how to conteract these teams in the region to his advantage.

win lose or draw i will support the team, but i know better than to go out believing that we beating the US in the US, and woss yet, costa rica in san pedro which is another fortess. i am kinda of the opinion that we already blew this campaign, and should be looking towards the next gold cup and WQC for 2022, but then again, what do i know.

all the same, not me though, i not in that hail mary nonsense of us beating the US or any other team in their own backyard especially when we going with talent and talent alone, i've been there and i don't like the aftermath. for that matter, i don't even think we could beat them in our own yard as in time gone by has already proven me right. good luck to the team though, what i am hoping for though is an injury free game.   god bless. positive.

what we need to be focusing on now is infrastructure and player development, BC it's glaringly obvious that we are blessed with talent, but as we continue to learn that talent alone can't cut it, we need schools and academies for not only physical and skill development, but also mental and aptitude toughness. until then, these bull daggering yankess and sneaky skullduggery loving mexicans would continue to run through us. hope somebody figures it out soon enough to do something about it.   peace.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:17:50 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »
play de fitball..come on tnt...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »
be safe...enjoy...tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
play de fitball..come on tnt...
you still on those silly one liner cliches, what about play de football right and win with dignity?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »
JC wha yuh wha we do, we like football and want to see we boys win.  Win lose or draw we have to support dem!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
I go bey dey. Reaching in around de same time.

Feliziano already dey, and Brownsugar should be dey by now (with ah bottle of double black). Ah hear Preacher might make de run too.
Well the only thing missing is a place to pour the cups. Anybody who name mention here down for a small link in the parking lot a hr or 2 before the game? I could bring cups with lids (so containers not open ;) & ice... Trunk open. Soca playing. Flag on the rental.

... Or I open to another suggestion if somebody have one.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What to expect from Trinidad and Tobago's MLS stars against USA
« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
What to expect from Trinidad and Tobago's MLS stars against USA
By Will Parchment (MLSsoccer.com)

MLS has long been a safe haven for some of the best soccer players the Caribbean has on offer. Shalrie Joseph (Grenada), Ezra Hendrickson (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) and Atiba Harris (St. Kitts and Nevis) are three of the shiniest examples, each of whom has at least 17,000 career minutes logged in MLS.

But no island nation in the warm, boundless waters between the US and South America is producing soccer players for MLS with the regularity of Trinidad and Tobago right now.

The domestic backdrop for the US’s critical 2018 World Cup qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday in Colorado (8 pm ET | FS1, UniMas, UDN) is hard to miss. The island nation anchored just off the coast of Venezuela has four players on its 24-man roster for the match currently stationed in MLS: Kenwyne Jones (Atlanta United), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids) and Kevin Molino (Minnesota United). That number is handily higher than any other foreign league represented on the qualifying roster.

Here's a glimpse at those four MLS players, and what you might expect to see from each on Thursday.

Joevin Jones

Where he’ll play: Outside midfield
What to expect: Lots of running

Joevin Jones’ club experience differs pretty dramatically from what you’re liable to see on the international stage. Sounders fans watched Jones progress into arguably the league’s most dynamic left wingback the last two years, but he’s an out-and-out attacking winger in the midfield for Trinidad and Tobago. The deployment unhinges his defensive responsibilities, but it also removes his greatest danger as an overlapping added attacker used to flood swamped opposing fullbacks.

That doesn’t mean Jones isn’t a clear and present danger for country, because he’s still a nightmare when he catches defenders flat. That goes double considering his current run of form, which has him playing at a consistently higher level than at any time in his career. The question is merely whether he’s as dangerous when he isn’t sprinting from deeper launch points.

Mekeil Williams

Where he’ll play: Left back
What to expect: Traditional hard-tackling, stand-up defending

Of Trinidad and Tobago’s defensive corps, none are perhaps quite as versatile as Williams. He can play along the entirety of the backline, including both fullback spots and up the middle. He’s even played in the defensive midfield for country before, although if he plays – and he most likely will – it’ll be on the backline. And most likely at left back, his most natural position as a left-footed player with defensive sensibilities. He won’t raid like Jones would, but as a spatial defender he can hold his own.

Williams had a healthy stretch of starts at left back for the Rapids earlier this year, but he was sent off in a 1-0 loss to Vancouver on May 5, and he hasn’t started any of the Rapids’ five games since. He entered international camp with four first-team minutes under his belt in a month, which could hinder his sharpness come match time. But Williams is familiar with Colorado and altitude, which should give him an inside track.

Kevin Molino

Where he’ll play: Attacking midfield
What to expect: Copious amounts of open-field danger

Minnesota United gave up a lot to secure Kevin Molino in time for the 2017 season. That was in large part due to his former coach Adrian Heath, who oversaw Molino’s development at Orlando City and now does so in Minnesota. The reason Heath was so keen to secure Molino was because his skill set is so rare and generally coveted. Molino is an attacking dervish, constantly spinning into space and challenging defenders’ footwork. Molino has been generally out of favor on the national team scene and missed the last few qualifiers, but his inclusion means you can likely expect to see him on Thursday night.

Molino’s dynamism in the attacking third is more or less unmatched on this roster. He’s also in ripping form for Minnesota United, with five goals and three assists to his name over the first three months of the MLS season. Wherever he’s positioned, either as the central creator or as the other wide peg opposite Jones, the US has to be wary of his open-field terror.

Kenwyne Jones

Where he’ll play: Target striker
What to expect: Lots of bruising hold-up play

Whatever Kenwyne Jones’ role on the club scene, there’s never been any doubt about his bonafides as one of the best to ever lace them up for Trinidad and Tobago. In fact, Jones is so highly regarded in his home country that he carries the “CM” designator next to his name. The Chaconia Medal is only awarded to 10 people annually and is the second-highest medal awarded by Trinidad and Tobago for meritorious service. Jones’ 23 goals for his country over more than a decade of service have clearly not gone unnoticed.

On the field, it certainly seems as though the 32-year-old classic No. 9 is slowing down. He’s been an on-and-off starter for Atlanta, where he’s bagged two goals in 416 minutes in 2017. Jones is more of a stalking poacher in the box, and whatever squalls hit him for club, he’s been unerringly consistent for country. Despite the advancement of age he remains one of CONCACAF’s most dangerous strikers, and he’ll test the physical marking abilities of whoever Bruce Arena chooses to go with at center back.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>