March 18, 2024, 10:10:51 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53028 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« on: September 07, 2016, 05:47:55 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs USA game in USA on the 8th of June 2017 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Tickets:

http://www.altitudetickets.com/event/us-men-s-national-team-vs-trinidad-tobago-8490/

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Jan-Michael Williams (North East Stars), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre FC), Adrian Foncette (Police FC).

Defenders:

Carlos Edwards (Central FC), Aubrey David (PS Kemi Kings—FIN), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Sūduva Marijampolė—LTU), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Sheldon Bateau (Krylia Sovetov Samara—RUS), Daneil Cyrus (Unattached), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force).

Midfielders:

Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders FC—USA), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge—ENG), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada—USA), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo—BEL), Leston Paul (North East Stars), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United FC—USA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards:

Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC—MEX), Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force), Kenwyne Jones (Atlanta United—USA).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence.

USA Squad

Goalkeepers:

Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge—BEL), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders:

DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (VfL Wolfsburg—GER), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City—ENG), Omar Gonzalez (C.F. Pachuca—MEX), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Tim Ream (Fulham FC—ENG), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna—MEX), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United—END), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City).

Midfielders:

Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana—MEX), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC—CAN), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach—GER), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund—GER).

Forwards:

Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC—CAN), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Bobby Wood (Hamburger SV—GER).

Coach - Bruce Arena.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:34:16 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (7/8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »
USA eyes Colorado for June World Cup qualifier vs Trinidad and Tobago
By Grant Wahl (si.com)

Jurgen Klinsmann has already said that he’d like to have the U.S.’s camp at altitude before next June’s World Cup qualifier at Estadio Azteca against Mexico. Sources say that U.S. Soccer has started looking into playing that home qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago in the Denver area at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, in Commerce City, Colorado.

The last time the U.S. played a qualifier at the venue was the famous SnowClásico against Costa Rica in 2013, which was also right before the away game at Mexico.

The U.S. is considering training that week in Colorado Springs, which is at an even higher altitude than Denver.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »
Is it just me or is there problem logging on to the website from a personal computer? I have been trying to log on from my PC since sataurday and still no luck, luckily for me I have a tablet that allows me to log in to the site. Does anyone have the same difficulties?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
Bruce Arena guarantees qualification

We all know that... klinnsmann could have said this before the qualifying lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
Colorado awarded next World Cup qualifying match for Tim Howard and USMNT
By Mark Kiszla (Denver Post)

When goalie Tim Howard and the American men need to kick their soccer into high gear, they know exactly where to go: Denver.

So the next big steps toward qualifying for the 2018 World Cup will be taken in Colorado, as the U.S. men’s national team has decided to play Trinidad and Tobago at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Formal announcement of the game, scheduled for June 8, is expected Monday.

More than a reward for local soccer fans, the selection of Denver was a strategic move by USMNT coach Bruce Arena. With players returning from overseas from European clubs, as well as MLS stars such as Howard reporting to camp, the U.S. squad is scheduled to begin training May 29 in the thin air of Colorado.

Playing at altitude could offer the American side a distinct home-field advantage against Trinidad and Tobago, a dual-island Caribbean nation of 1.3 million people. Perhaps even more important, the extensive conditioning period in Denver figures to increase the U.S. squad’s fitness for a quick-turnaround road match June 11 in Mexico, whose Azteca Stadium is notorious for sitting at 7,280 feet above sea level and being filled with nasty pollution, as well as passionate supporters.

“Our goal is to win both games. And it certainly won’t be easy,” Arena told me.

Team USA has been re-energized under the direction of Arena, who replaced longtime coach Jurgen Klinsmann after the Americans stumbled to a 0-2 start in the final round of qualifying for next year’s World Cup in Russia.

The steady hand of the 65-year-old Arenas confidently removed anxious fingers from the panic button, by guiding the team to a 6-0 rout of Honduras and earning a point with a 1-1 tie at Panama during the first CONCACAF Hexagonal action of his second stint as the U.S. manager.

“It changed everything for the better,” Arena said during a telephone interview. “We found out we have good depth of talent. We have a number of players who want to lead. And they’re all highly motivated to play in the World Cup.”

The USMNT has fond (and frigid) memories of Colorado. On the third day of spring in 2013, the struggling Americans arrived at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park desperately in search of a victory against Costa Rica, and instead got hit in the teeth with a wicked blast from a nasty storm. But they also were blessed with an early goal by Clint Dempsey that stood up in a blizzard as the second half raged on. Costa Rica was not amused. But the controversial result will forever live in U.S. soccer lore as the “Snow Clasico.”

The same Rapids stadium where a U.S. team in trouble four years ago got the ball rolling for a World Cup berth in Brazil will be back at center stage in June, and Rapids standout Howard should also play a key role.

After a lengthy recovery from a groin injury, Howard returned as a starter for Team USA against both Honduras and Panama. Although the veteran goalie celebrated his 38th birthday last month, Howard proved he is not done yet.

“I don’t think he’s playing another 10 years,” Arena said. “But Tim Howard is certainly capable of being the U.S. goalkeeper at the next World Cup.”

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 11:36:33 AM »
We have to keep possession and move up the field. Similar to how Mexico played against us. I'm hoping we get some to get accustomed to the altitude.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
forumites, i am based in the Mile High City...link me if you all coming in town for the match, i am there, jump high jump low...it's on a Thursday so I imagine men will be taking Friday off ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »
   ticket not on sale yet but check here:

https://www.ussoccer.com/schedule-tickets

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
forumites, i am based in the Mile High City...link me if you all coming in town for the match, i am there, jump high jump low...it's on a Thursday so I imagine men will be taking Friday off ;D

That settles it! Pre-game lime by your house! If it have other trinis is Denver you all have to work hard to outdo Jacksonville - they was boss hosts for the last match.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
Planning on attending this game - anyone with information on  accommodation closest to the field? and are there many  from in here Attending? Anyone organizing a section for SW forumnites

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 08:19:23 AM »
Time for T&T to put a field on our tallest mountain to prepare for these games . . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 08:30:53 AM »
Time for T&T to put a field on our tallest mountain to prepare for these games . . .

Nowhere near, tall enough!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
I'm not surprised this game is at Mile high. We need excellent preparation for this one. We can scrape a point from them.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »

Nowhere near, tall enough!
sent out the scouts   :devil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndzgAbDCso

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »

I in dat!!  So pre-game by you ah wha?!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 11:41:03 AM »
Question: When last T&T senior team draw or win a football match against the US in the US?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
when to arrive for a game at altitude?

Two models: The Smash and Grab vs Patience pays
There is not too much research on this question.  That may be surprising, but remember that for most professional athletes, across all sports, the issue of when to arrive at altitude is one that they rarely even contemplate.  In Europe, sport is rarely played at even these moderate altitudes.  In the USA, it happens so infrequently as to be an inefficient way to investigate physiology.  And for individual endurance athletes, like cyclists and runners, altitude training is part of the package, with a majority now spending time at some altitude before racing, even at sea-level.

However, a couple of approaches have emerged, most of them from Super Rugby (a competition involving professional teams from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa), and from the Tri-Nations, an international competition between SA, Australia and New Zealand.  In these tournaments, the Australian and New Zealand teams will travel to South Africa and spend either two or three weeks here, during which time they would play one or two matches at altitude (1,500m or higher).

So they consider this question all the time – do they stay at sea-level and travel up only for matches?  Or do they base themselves at altitude and go down?  This is the same question faced by World Cup teams in 2010.

What has emerged are two models, which I’ve called:

1 - The Smash and Grab

2 - The Patience pays

Below is a figure that summarizes these models.  But basically:

In the “Smash and Grab”, teams believe that there are two optimal windows for performance, and that if you play very soon after arriving, or much later, you’ll achieve best performance.  In this approach, performances will get worse before they get better, so you are better off arriving very late and thus playing almost immediately, or you arrive very early and allow for adaptation.  This is what most of the New Zealand and Australian teams do – the idea is “get in, play, get out, and the altitude won’t affect us too badly.”

In the patience pays theory, teams will perform worst on arrival, and then improve.  In contrast to the late arrival, smash and grab theory, your performance doesn’t get worse before it gets better.  It starts badly, and then improves steadily.  Therefore, your best chance is to get in as early as possible and play only after allow full adaptation.  This, incidentally, is what most of the 2010 World Cup teams have chosen to do.

FULL ARTICLE
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:12:28 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 02:17:29 PM »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »

bro we could lime by me or by a tavern less than 5 mins walk from my house  :cheers:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 09:25:18 AM »
Question: When last T&T senior team draw or win a football match against the US in the US?

So based on response I will take it we have NEVER win or even draw against the US in the US.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 09:58:31 AM »
So based on response I will take it we have NEVER win or even draw against the US in the US.
I remembered we tied them 1-1 in the HEX during the Strike Squad days when Marlon Morris dived and flicked on a header in the path of Hudson Charles to run on and place it past the keeper for the equalizer. For some reason I've always remembered that goal.
Oh and the game was in the US, I believe it was in Conn.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
I remembered we tied them 1-1 in the HEX during the Strike Squad days when Marlon Morris dived and flicked on a header in the path of Hudson Charles to run on and place it past the keeper for the equalizer. For some reason I've always remembered that goal.

Yes, dat is de only time we've earned a point against de USA in de USA. The game was at Murdock Stadium, El Camino College, Torrance, California.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 04:11:58 PM »

That was a beautiful play to split the US defence... I vaguely remember Latapy, I think it was that attempted a bicycle kick in that game that went just wide of the post... 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

bro we could lime by me or by a tavern less than 5 mins walk from my house  :cheers:

I coming through!!  Been spending the past few days checking flights and hotels........as a man based in the Mile High City tell mih something should I stay at a hotel near the stadium or near the airport?..... :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »
Browns, yuh doh want to stay near the airport. Dahis a good hike to the stadium with nothing much to do otherwise in the vicinity.

fari, might have specific neighborhood suggestions but I think the area near and/or around the 16th Street Mall wouldn't be a bad start for consideration.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:54:34 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »

Yes, dat is de only time we've earned a point against de USA in de USA. The game was at Murdock Stadium, El Camino College, Torrance, California.
Damn that's like 28 years since we've even tied the US on their home soil, and it have men here saying we're a top team in Concacaf

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »

Damn that's like 28 years since we've even tied the US on their home soil, and it have men here saying we're a top team in Concacaf

:D obviously men who not sober

Offline isaachunt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
I living Denver too. Wha section we going with? What tavern, Fari?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 02:25:12 PM »
I coming through!!  Been spending the past few days checking flights and hotels........as a man based in the Mile High City tell mih something should I stay at a hotel near the stadium or near the airport?..... :thinking:

After yuh recent video...doh be surprised if yuh get invited to stay at somebody home fuh "free"  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>