March 28, 2024, 11:04:05 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53229 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
The closed door prep has to happen. No doubt. However, it's also a bit illusory because there is NO doubt in my mind that Mastroeni will share what he sees with Bruce Arena.
I think the Rapids could video the game and even share the footage. We boy Thomas Rongen may even show up. I'm happy for the games nonetheless.

Yuh done know.
No matter, we watching for plenty years and we doh know what we go do, if they watch we video, they go be more confused than informed.   :devil:

Let dem plan...we doh even do wha we plan
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:06:21 AM by maxg »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
The closed door prep has to happen. No doubt. However, it's also a bit illusory because there is NO doubt in my mind that Mastroeni will share what he sees with Bruce Arena.
I think the Rapids could video the game and even share the footage. We boy Thomas Rongen may even show up. I'm happy for the games nonetheless.

Yuh done know.
No matter, we watching for plenty years and we doh know what we go do, if they watch we video, they go be more confused than informed.   :devil:

:rotfl: I literally busted out laughing

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
T&T Senior Men get first feel of Colorado conditions.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men got their first feel of the Colorado conditions as Dennis Lawrence conducted his first practice session of the residential training camp at Prentup Field,University of Colorado at 5:30pm (7:30pm TT Time) on Wednesday.

The 17-man squad arrived from Port of Spain on Tuesday night along with the technical staff and was joined by English-based midfielder Andre Boucaud.

On May 28th, T&T will play the first of two practice games against Colorado Rapids at the Rapids training field, located mere metres away from Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, the venue for the World Cup qualifier against the United States on June 8th. The US national team will also train at the Training Field from around May 29th.

The  temperatures in Denver, Colorado range between 20 to 29 degrees celcius during the day but drops to as low as 16 degrees celsius at night time this week. Colorado which is nicknamed the Mile-High City because its official elevation, is exactly one mile (5280 feet) above sea level, making it the highest major city in the United States.

“It’s obviously good for us to get there and we’ll take the first day to allow the players to get a feel of the environment and the conditions. The reason we are out here is to get down to work immediately with the eighteen players available to us now with a few more expected over the next couple of days,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

Boucaud meantime is anticipating the training camp, describing Lawrence’s decision to come here this early before gameday as critical.

“When I got the news that I’d have to fly over directly to Denver on the 23rd, I thought well this is exactly what we need and with my season ending, it was perfect timing for me to meet up with the group,” Boucaud told TTFA Media.

“The next few days are extremely important for us in terms of preparing well and acclimatising for the match. We have a lot of belief and good reasons to think that we can get something from this match but the work has to be put in and I’m happy that the coach has been able to get the camp off with the help of the association. Once the full compliment of players are here and coach gets to work with his final squad from the early part of June then it’s down to us to go everything necessary to take us into the game fully ready,” Boucaud said.

WATCH: Soca Warriors arrive in Colorado

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4vgySiWpIcI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4vgySiWpIcI</a>
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:34:56 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2017, 06:01:22 AM »
Drink plenty water guys, even if allyuh not trusty and get full sleep.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
WATCH: Soca Warriors Denver Training Camp - Day 1

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y5ltJIbTtFk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y5ltJIbTtFk</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »
nice to see the powers that be spent money fuh de team to train at high elevation..my concern is the quality of the training and practice sessions..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »
nice to see the powers that be spent money fuh de team to train at high elevation..my concern is the quality of the training and practice sessions..

Based on the video clip?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2017, 12:18:05 AM »

Based on the video clip?

I would be more concerned on the quality and experience of the coaching, first and foremost

You can train at high altitude for a month in advance and still lose because your coach makes the wrong decisions in selection and strategy

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2017, 06:18:37 AM »

Based on the video clip?

I would be more concerned on the quality and experience of the coaching, first and foremost

You can train at high altitude for a month in advance and still lose because your coach makes the wrong decisions in selection and strategy

Based on the video clip?

Contro, that's a very general statement that can be used to describe an outcome for ANY team...what would you suggest for this current team in the present situation, that is, games played, games upcoming to turn the tide? It easy to point a finger...finger pointing don't equate into 3 points though...actually, what is it with you? I supported coach Hart big time, and I was disappointed he was let go...moving forward though, I have seen the warriors knocking a good brand under Lawrence and at the end of the day, it's about supporting the team...if they on shit, they on shit, but it seems like they fighting...so what else you want given the current situation man? Enough with the negativity...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2017, 06:58:45 AM »
Where is Sol Campbell ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2017, 07:06:45 AM »

Based on the video clip?

Based on the video clip?

Contro, that's a very general statement that can be used to describe an outcome for ANY team...what would you suggest for this current team in the present situation, that is, games played, games upcoming to turn the tide? It easy to point a finger...finger pointing don't equate into 3 points though...actually, what is it with you? I supported coach Hart big time, and I was disappointed he was let go...moving forward though, I have seen the warriors knocking a good brand under Lawrence and at the end of the day, it's about supporting the team...if they on shit, they on shit, but it seems like they fighting...so what else you want given the current situation man? Enough with the negativity...

Stallion just ignore that Contro. What you say dey, is what plenty posters alike say already. He's like a broken record. All he does is throw out a whole heap of conspiracy theories and when one barely stick he shout,"aha ent ah did tell alyuh so". Fellas even have a thread dedicated to him and his idiotic rhetoric, fuss dey fed up. He latest trick now is comparing Hart and Lawrence and their "brands" in addition to his usual DJW gripe. Question him at anytime and you is one ah DJW minions. Everybody move on and working with what available and focused on the task at hand which is WCQ but he still infatuated with Hart. Posters complaining they hate commenting and posting just so that he won't reply with a rant. 99.9% of regular posters and he don't agree but it's always the world according to Contro is the only one we should live in. I fuh one does just come to read, rather than post. Don't need all dat grief in my life at all from a keyboard terrorist! Watch the vitriol going and spew now eh but like before I can't be bothered to reply. So Stallion, do yuh self a favor bro and ignore him for your own sanity.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:55:52 AM by Thomo »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »

Based on the video clip?

Based on the video clip?

Stallion just ignore that Contro. What you say dey, is what plenty posters alike say already. He's like a broken record. All he does is throw out a whole heap of conspiracy theories and when one stick he shout,"aha ent ah did tell alyuh so". Fellas even have a thread dedicated to him and his rhetoric, fuss dey fed up. He latest trick now is comparing Hart and Lawrence. Posters complaining they hate commenting and posting just so that he won't reply with a rant. 90% of regular posters and he don't agree but it's always the world according to Contro is the only one we should live in. I fuh one does just come to read, rather than post. Don't need all dat grief in my life at all from a keyboard terrorist! Watch the vitriol going and spew now eh but like before I can't be bothered to reply. So Stallion, do yuh self a favor bro and ignore him for your own sanity.

I hear yuh...and I seen it every single day, conspiracy this, DJW that...every single day...but yea I guess...figured I'd just ask...not like anything would change I guess. Just the negativity...game time coming and things not perfect, no where near, but oh gosh...just support the team, the coach, the country...is like he just waiting for the campaign to be over to say "I told you so," kinda thing...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2017, 07:35:10 AM »
Yuh know, I went to check he twitter  page this morning to see what he tweeting about de trip and......nada...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Yuh know, I went to check he twitter  page this morning to see what he tweeting about de trip and......nada...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sol busy watching tape of the Costa Rica & US defenses for flaws, to help strategize on how we could penetrate  ;D or him jus limin in H'england till the real defense reach [never mind aubrey & cyrus].

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »
WATCH: Defender Carlos Edwards gives an update on Trinidad and Tobago’s training camp in Denver

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b8XucODQpj4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b8XucODQpj4</a>

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2017, 12:19:31 AM »

Yuh done know.

:rotfl:

So true though - video won't change much for the US.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2017, 01:39:38 AM »

He will link up with the team on the 1st.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2017, 01:41:40 AM »
Lawrence continues to assess players at high altitude training.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s 18-man squad entered their third day of training at the Prentup Field in Colorado on Friday as the build up continues to the June 8th World Cup Qualifier against the United States at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence has conducted evening sessions at the facility as the players go through the process of becoming acclimatized to the conditions in Colorado.

Lawrence is expected to name his final squad next week but will be assessing the players currently in camp before doing so. Lawrence and his staff have been monitoring the fitness levels of the players through the GPS Tracking system being operated by Stephen Bradley, team football scientist currently with the contingent in Denver.

The low humidity in Colorado keeps the air dry, like the desert.As altitude increases, performance decreases and Bradley is keeping Lawrence posted on the levels.

According to the experts and other sport officials here in Denver, a major factor when playing any sport here or wherever there are higher altitudes, is the reduction in the pressure of oxygen. From a physiological standpoint, oxygen exchange in the lungs is based off a pressure gradient. In order for oxygenated blood to be delivered throughout the body, there needs to be a certain amount of pressure to help drive oxygen-rich blood from the lungs into the bloodstream.

Acclimatization at higher altitudes can range from a few days to multiple weeks for the body to be able to regulate when exercising. The Match venue in Denver is located 5,280 feet above sea level and where the team is currently training at, the Prenup Field, is actually higher at 5,430, feet above sea level. The Mexican national team also uses Prenup to prepare for games in Mexico City.

Carlos Edwards, who is five caps away from 100 international appearances, said the sessions in the first couple days was necessary for the players to start adapting to the high altitude with the air being dryer and thinner.

“So far, so good. The guys have been put through their paces over the last few days. It’e been tough but at the same time it’s work well planned and I think the guys are relishing getting acclimatised to the conditions,” Edwards told TTFA Media on Friday.

“It was a good blow for 45 minutes in the first session. The guys have stuck to what has been put forward to them. The breathing has become easier as the days have gone along. I felt it a bit in the warm up yesterday. The first day was a bit challenging but things have eased up a bit as the days went along,” added the former Sunderland man.

“The cohesion in the camp is second to none and this will make the bond a bit stronger. There are a few guys who will have to leave camp and some will join is but everyone is focused on giving their best at the moment.”

At age 38, Edwards intends to keep going, particularly being just off the centurion mark.

“First and the foremost is to help T&T qualify for World Cup 2018. I would like to play as long as possible but obviously the body will eventually say differently but right now I am here to put my best foot out there for the country and the team,” Edwards added.

Carlos Edwards talks about early part of training camp

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2017, 03:00:19 AM »

Based on the video clip?

Based on the video clip?

Stallion just ignore that Contro. What you say dey, is what plenty posters alike say already. He's like a broken record. All he does is throw out a whole heap of conspiracy theories and when one stick he shout,"aha ent ah did tell alyuh so". Fellas even have a thread dedicated to him and his rhetoric, fuss dey fed up. He latest trick now is comparing Hart and Lawrence. Posters complaining they hate commenting and posting just so that he won't reply with a rant. 90% of regular posters and he don't agree but it's always the world according to Contro is the only one we should live in. I fuh one does just come to read, rather than post. Don't need all dat grief in my life at all from a keyboard terrorist! Watch the vitriol going and spew now eh but like before I can't be bothered to reply. So Stallion, do yuh self a favor bro and ignore him for your own sanity.

I hear yuh...and I seen it every single day, conspiracy this, DJW that...every single day...but yea I guess...figured I'd just ask...not like anything would change I guess. Just the negativity...game time coming and things not perfect, no where near, but oh gosh...just support the team, the coach, the country...is like he just waiting for the campaign to be over to say "I told you so," kinda thing...

Ent...Steups

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »
Give credit where credit is due.

The TTFA doing a pretty decent job.

An official home

Youth teams playing and training.

Senior team in Denver early.

Women team active.

Grassroots in order.

I just don't like some of the people there, like Issa and Shabaaz, but everything else is good.

Offline isaachunt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »
Anyone know the time of the practice game against Colorado Rapids tomorrow?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2017, 10:32:12 AM »
I wish the team all the luck...I know that Dennis Lawrence is a big Coach from Everton but I still feel from the footage the training look like Trinidad level..School boy level even.

If yuh training/practicing at altitude, time, intensity, and recovery should be qualitative vs quantitative.

The USA coming to do de business quick, fast and in a hurry.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
The U S A should win this game easily especially with this rookie coach that they pick to coach this team.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sol Campbell ?
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
What is the latest ? Has he left the post as Asst Coach ? any reasons given ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sol Campbell ?
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »
What is the latest ? Has he left the post as Asst Coach ? any reasons given ?

i am wondering also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2017, 03:27:26 PM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »
US names Roster for World Cup qualifier vs T&T.
TTFA Media.

United States head coach Bruce Arena announced a 27-man roster on Sunday to face Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico in World Cup qualifying action on June 8th and 11th respectively.

The US squad will begin a training camp in Denver from Monday before facing Venezuela in an international Friendly in Salt Lake City on June 2nd. Members of the Trinidad and Tobago squad have been in Denver at a training camp since June 23rd.

T&T Head Coach Dennis Lawrence will announce his roster for the qualifiers next week after assessing the players currently in camp at Prentup Field.

The roster breakdown for the US is: 14 players from MLS, nine from European leagues, three from the Mexican circuit and one (Brad Guzan) who is in the process of moving to MLS (Atlanta) from England (Middlesbrough).

Arena selected a larger-than-usual group (27 instead of 23 or 25) because of a tight timetable (two games in four days instead of five as Mexico has to play earlier due ), the possible effects of playing at altitude and the yellow card situation. Geoff Cameron, John Brooks, Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley and Matt Besler are carrying cards and, with their next booking, will have to sit out one match.

“I think we have a good group,” Arena said in a release. “I’m still in the early goings with this team and I haven’t seen all of our players, so this camp gives me the opportunity to see six new faces we haven’t had in with the team yet, which is valuable.

“It’s also great that we’re able to bring back 21 players that have been in with our program already in 2017. We have a roster that has good balance all over, we have good young players and hopefully it’s a team we can put together to get us points in both games.”

US Squad

Goalkeepers:

Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders:

DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (VfL Wolfsburg), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City).

Midfielders:

Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Paul Arriola (Tijuana), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Fabian Johnson (Moenchengladbach), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund).

Forwards:

Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Bobby Wood (Hamburg).

Videos

Boucaud says T&T can pick up points on the road

Keep on Working - Warriors on the Training Pitch in Colorado

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:03:29 AM by Flex »

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:31 AM »
Can't wait.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2017, 06:44:30 AM »
Hearing on the radio this morning that MLS released all the US players called up for national team almost 2 weeks ahead of the WCQ on June 8. Our 5 MLS players have not yet been released. The TTFA has written to MLS for equal treatment for our players to be released.

The official release date for players is June 3rd as per normal FIFA rules.

Art of War in full effect.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2017, 07:24:34 AM »
Any predictions

My prediction is that we will create history on the 8th...just my feeling
It's time to put some demons to rest...both internally and externally
Once we cop a strict mental attitude...time to stop playing second fiddle
It's time for true T&T Warrior football and no better place than right here
All on board because this train is about to leave this station
All for One...One for All....No If's And's nor But's...all hands on deck..total support
Forward my Warriors
Jah bless
Rastafari

1]; } ?>