March 28, 2024, 08:34:21 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53223 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2017, 04:02:37 AM »
Wolfsburg sign John Brooks from Hertha with record fee for U.S. player
By Stephan Uersfeld

Wolfsburg have completed the signing of U.S. international defender John Brooks from Hertha Berlin for a reported €20 million ($22.4m) -- a record fee for an American player.

The reported transfer fee doubles the previous highest reported fee for an American -- the €10m AZ Alkmaar received for Jozy Altidore from Sunderland in 2013.

Brooks, who was born in Berlin and has never played for another club, had been under contract at Hertha until 2019, but sporting director Michael Preetz said a day earlier that the center-back had requested a transfer. Brooks signed a five-year deal at Wolfsburg.

"It wasn't an easy decision to leave my hometown, but after the talks with [sporting director] Olaf Rebbe and [coach] Andries Jonker I wanted to join Wolfsburg because both soon convinced me of their plans for VfL," Brooks told his new club's official website. "I want to contribute my share so that Wolfsburg live up to their earlier success."

Brooks made 90 Bundesliga appearances for Hertha, who reportedly turned down a €10m bid from Premier League club Watford for the 24-year-old last summer.

Last season, however, his performances attracted some criticism, with local paper Berliner Zeitung naming him one of the "losers" of the campaign.

Hertha sporting director Michael Preetz said: "We don't like it that we have to let go of our homegrown talent but we have found a solution which is also for the good of Hertha BSC.

"We wish John all the best and want to thank him for his efforts in the jersey with the flag on the chest."

Wolfsburg, having avoided relegation in the playoffs against Eintracht Braunschweig, are aiming to boost their defense for next season.

"We are delighted to have signed John Anthony Brooks," sporting director Rebbe said. "He is a highly talented and ambitious defender who will reinforce our defence. At 24, he is already very experienced."

Brooks has won 30 caps for the U.S. team and scored at the 2014 World Cup. He was a first-choice center-back under former head coach Jurgen Klinsmann and also started a World Cup qualifier in March under new boss Bruce Arena.

He's in the current squad that will face Venezuela in a friendly on Saturday, ahead of qualifiers against Trinidad and Tobago and Mexico.

Most expensive reported transfers of U.S. players in Euros
Player - € - Season - From - To
John Brooks - 20m - 17-18 - Hertha Berlin - Wolfsburg
Jozy Altidore - 10m - 13-14 - AZ Alkmaar - Sunderland
Clint Dempsey - 7.5m - 12-13 - Fulham - Tottenham
Michael Bradley - 7.4m - 13-14 - Roma - Toronto FC
Clint Dempsey - 6.8m - 13-14 - Tottenham - Seattle Sounders
Claudio Reyna - 6.7m - 01-02 - Rangers - Sunderland
Jozy Altidore - 6.5m - 08-09 - N.Y. Red Bulls - Villarreal
DeAndre Yedlin - 5.9m - 6-17 - Tottenham - Newcastle
Matt Miazga - 4.6m - 15-16 - N.Y. Red Bulls - Chelsea
Tim Howard - 4.2m - 07-08 - Man United - Everton

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:08:48 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2017, 05:51:40 AM »
USA and Bruce Arena know how to beat T&T because they cut the pipelines and force T&T to make mistakes and also to only rely on long balls, Lawrence have to really be smart.

We need sensible players on de field and a solid back 4, yes Edwards good, but against USA it might be hard for him because he pace, we need young blood, runners.

Boucaud must play because he very compose, more than Hyland.

If we go to play for a draw we might as well pack we f00cking bag now, not saying we should just open up we kakahole and get expose, but we have to always have a winning mentality.

Mekeil is a decent player, but we have to watch him because he does make plenty mistakes, but I know he go play because this is a home match for he.

Jan
Mekeil
Bateau
Cyrus
Gonzales
Joevin
Boucaud
George
Cato
Molino
Kenwyne

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2017, 06:04:03 AM »
USA and Bruce Arena know how to beat T&T because they cut the pipelines and force T&T to make mistakes and also to only rely on long balls, Lawrence have to really be smart.

We need sensible players on de field and a solid back 4, yes Edwards good, but against USA it might be hard for him because he pace, we need young blood, runners.

Boucaud must play because he very compose, more than Hyland.

If we go to play for a draw we might as well pack we f00cking bag now, not saying we should just open up we kakahole and get expose, but we have to always have a winning mentality.

Mekeil is a decent player, but we have to watch him because he does make plenty mistakes, but I know he go play because this is a home match for he.

Jan
Mekeil
Bateau
Cyrus
Gonzales
Joevin
Boucaud
George
Cato
Molino
Kenwyne

Big big game. I think this game will be the biggest game as of yet. I really hope we rise to the occasion. This is the do or die game.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »
We need to believe that we can beat the US team.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
Has the TTFA made public the correspondence it reportedly sent in protest to MLS, US Soccer, CONCACAF and FIFA regarding the pre-window release of American players to the US national team?

Does the Pro League similarly facilitate T&T's senior men's national team when their season is in full swing?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
Has the TTFA made public the correspondence it reportedly sent in protest to MLS, US Soccer, CONCACAF and FIFA regarding the pre-window release of American players to the US national team?

Does the Pro League similarly facilitate T&T's senior men's national team when their season is in full swing?

For non-FIFA windows, I'm told there is an (informal) agreement among the clubs to make players available for national team duty. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:45:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
FIFA window !!!

And Honduras played El Salvador and Mexico played Croatia and today Mexico playing Republic of Ireland and Saturday USA playing Venezuela while we playing FC Boulder.

Even St Kitts playing game vs Armenia next Sunday.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »
FIFA window !!!

And Honduras played El Salvador and Mexico played Croatia and today Mexico playing Republic of Ireland and Saturday USA playing Venezuela while we playing FC Boulder.

Even St Kitts playing game vs Armenia next Sunday.

Same shit I saying....what real wrong with cokey eye DJW dred...fail to prepare=prepare to fail......what a joke of an administration

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2017, 02:11:45 PM »

For non-FIFA windows, I'm told there is an (informal) agreement among the clubs to make players available for national team duty. 

That informal agreement doh mean anything.  I know players have been refused to attend national team training sessions for upcoming international matches for reasons ranging from if the foreign club doh have to release them, iwe not releasing them either....to players have a trial arranged and the trial more important than the national team.

MLS does NOT have to release any international players outside of the FIFA window.  MLS is a US league and the fact that they have come to an accommodation and agreement with with US national team is good for the US.  Perhaps the US national team provides insurance policies etc for players that miss games for their MLS clubs as a condition of release

Does/ can/ would the TTFA provide similar?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:14:03 PM by palos »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »
In the words of the great Contro.. SABOTAGE.. The fact that we getting a sweat against a JUCO team while our opponents are playing much better opposition, makes me question the true motives of the TTFA. As much as I want to back up meh team, the sad reality is that we not receiving the right resources to have a realistic chance of qualifying.

How the US get a sweat vs Venezuela? 7 miles off the coast.  How far Venezuela is to US.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:46:11 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »
maybe US give them a shipload of food, flight, match fees and accommodations, and a truck load of guns to dump in TT..Yuh doh know.. we often doh pay we own players, that we know  :devil:  :D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »
not defending the TTFA..but did Dennis ask for any full international ??...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
Hasim Arcia does confuse me
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
In the words of the great Contro.. SABOTAGE.. The fact that we getting a sweat against a JUCO team while our opponents are playing much better opposition, makes me question the true motives of the TTFA. As much as I want to back up meh team, the sad reality is that we not receiving the right resources to have a realistic chance of qualifying.

How the US get a sweat vs Venezuela? 7 miles off the coast.  How far Venezuela is to US.

Yuh think DJW don't know Venezia right there and things right with them...offcourse...he just to damn greedy and stink with himself. I mean come now...this is a World Cup campaign...of these guys get any type of result from the US, they really deserve super super credit...because they lack serious preparation and support!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »
*venezuela

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »

I go tell yuh something big mag, I respect Tallest, but if he didn't ask for any international, he shouldn't be coaching the team. Logically speaking, we get a sweat with Grenada weeks ago, it will be hard to believe that he was happy with that as the preparation for the games. .

Look at it this way too, Tallest request a match against Grenada for the 2nd team.. and no request for an international friendly for the 1st team before a world cup qualifier? I think the TTFA derailed it..
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:38:05 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2017, 07:27:07 PM »
I have a feeling that if we lose both games, there will be some kind of bacchanal in the TTFA.. The truth will come out regarding who request games and who made the Internationals difficult to get.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:34:52 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2017, 11:03:00 PM »
There are brokers that act on behalf of football federations that organize international friendlies.  Those friendlies are normally organized LONG IN ADVANCE.

National Teams are always on the lookout for matches and want to participate in as many as possible.

If our National team does not play international friendlies against recognized opposition on any sort of regular basis , it's down to greed (federation demanding astronomical "rights fees" to play these matches), sheer incompetence, lack of planning, and lack of a vision and will.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2017, 06:00:45 AM »
T&T demanding more money for games and they eh worth it, that is why teams like Jamaica will always be playing international games, look they playing Peru soon.

And Latapy and Lawrence will always be liked by de TTFA because they dont like playing international matches, they prefer camps.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2017, 07:34:32 AM »
Hasim Arcia does confuse me

With his skill ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
If we can't assemble our full strength team far enough in advance then friendlies are a kind of moot point in my opinion. Does it put us at a disadvantage? Yes. Other teams with bigger talent pools can have better offerings and thus be better prepared. We literally have no more than 15-18 1st team players with half playing in North America which is in active season during this time

WC Qualifying is the key, more than 70% of the players who play in friendlies don't feature on WCQ matchday. All FIFA match windows are allocated to the actual WCQ schedule so there is literally no room when you actually get your first team together. You have to play 2 games in 8 days and that includes training, travel and rest.

We just have to deal with what we have and prepare as best we can.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
If we can't assemble our full strength team far enough in advance then friendlies are a kind of moot point in my opinion. Does it put us at a disadvantage? Yes. Other teams with bigger talent pools can have better offerings and thus be better prepared. We literally have no more than 15-18 1st team players with half playing in North America which is in active season during this time

With 1/4 of T&T's population, how does Iceland do it?

How does Jamaica manage to do it year after year?  And they not even in WCQ and have way more players playing in MLS than we do

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2017, 11:38:47 AM »

How does Jamaica manage to do it year after year?  And they not even in WCQ and have way more players playing in MLS than we do

Confused by your questions, I am talking about arranging of friendlies outside of FIFA windows with full strength teams.

Iceland's top players who would form part of the core of their national team plays within the normal european football calendar season so those players will be available to play friendlies and WCQs which ever is on their schedule. If they use players from their domestic league which is currently underway, then its all within their authority to extract those players like US is doing with its MLS players to play international games.

Jamaica's friendlies are within the FIFA window so they can  call up a full strength team to play friendlies which make sense.

Most teams participating in friendlies 'this week' which is outside of the FIFA window 'next week' are made of players whose domestic season is over, unless they involved in UCL final this Saturday.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:40:42 AM by g »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2017, 12:54:38 PM »

Confused by your questions, I am talking about arranging of friendlies outside of FIFA windows with full strength teams.

Iceland's top players who would form part of the core of their national team plays within the normal european football calendar season so those players will be available to play friendlies and WCQs which ever is on their schedule. If they use players from their domestic league which is currently underway, then its all within their authority to extract those players like US is doing with its MLS players to play international games.

Jamaica's friendlies are within the FIFA window so they can  call up a full strength team to play friendlies which make sense.

Most teams participating in friendlies 'this week' which is outside of the FIFA window 'next week' are made of players whose domestic season is over, unless they involved in UCL final this Saturday.

So is only NOW we cyah get friendlies?  FIFA window or not?

Honduras played El Salvador last week

Mexico played Croatia last week while their Liga MX was still going

Look who they playin.  Reputable teams.....

You think Mexico playing Boulder FC as prep for any world cup qualifier?

Come nah man

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:11 PM »
Even Cuba is in the Toulon tournament getting some nice games and they're not in the hex

I go tell yuh something big mag, I respect Tallest, but if he didn't ask for any international, he shouldn't be coaching the team. Logically speaking, we get a sweat with Grenada weeks ago, it will be hard to believe that he was happy with that as the preparation for the games. .

Look at it this way too, Tallest request a match against Grenada for the 2nd team.. and no request for an international friendly for the 1st team before a world cup qualifier? I think the TTFA derailed it..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »

So is only NOW we cyah get friendlies?  FIFA window or not?

Honduras played El Salvador last week

Mexico played Croatia last week while their Liga MX was still going

Look who they playin.  Reputable teams.....

You think Mexico playing Boulder FC as prep for any world cup qualifier?

Come nah man

Again, my point is, it matters little about friendlies if our first team is not playing in those games.

I never made a point about the quality of the teams we do happen to get friendlies against. As far as i am concerned, we had no friendlies for the players that matter come June 8 and 13.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
If by some miracle we hold out for nil, nil up regulation time, and stick one on them in added on time...we go win.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2017, 08:51:07 PM »
“We’ve arranged two closed-door games. We will play Colorado Rapids in two matches and its suits us because they are a home team there. It will be a good competitive test for us."
When is the next game against the Rapids Boulder FC?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2017, 10:14:11 PM »
US look beatable against venezuela just now. Ven coulda be 3-0 in the 1st half. But Pulisic again. Him or Altidore good for 1 I feel. But Kenwyn would match up well against their defense, if we get the numbers forward. I call an exciting 3-2 for T&T.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2017, 03:34:42 AM »
I heard greed, does bribes constitute that as well...

The dictator arranged big friendlies with Hart at the helm with a makeshift local team, to intentionally foster negative results in efforts to drum up support to get Hart fired, mind you with a 2nd string team, also using those friendlies to get funds from the Chinese and make money on tv rights of the matches, while executing his plan to sabotage Hart and the team

Tallest gets Grenada which I expected because any bigger teams would expose Tallest lack of experience... you can't have that because it's counter to your plan to sabotage the team, I think people are familiar with the word complicit, you can insert that anywhere the dictator is mentioned, Tallest is towing the line

Could you imagine the uproar locally if Hart played a local juco team? The assumptions that would have been made..

The only way we are qualifying is if that has been predetermined and the coach and team are going through the paces..

However, I doubt that, too much money to be made on bets for corrupt personnel to pass up
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:53:44 AM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>