March 28, 2024, 10:14:13 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53228 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
WATCH: Midfielder Kevan George is focused on the upcoming World Cup Qualifier between United States and Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drFHLvCS4wg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drFHLvCS4wg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »
Just finish watching de USA vs Venezuela game.

Fabian Johnson does give away de ball easy.

DeAndre Yedlin is a duncy player.

Christian Pulisic, Bobby Wood and Darlington Nagbe look like trouble.

John Brooks decent, but he eh worth no 20mill.

Michael Bradley lil slow but decent and Clint Dempsey still have toes.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSPNQ82Sq4E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lSPNQ82Sq4E</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
How come four men now show up for  camp ..wha kind ah nonsense is dat?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
Lawrence playing the game well...

Hats off to the dictator..
ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok we friggin got it, now please would you change your blasted record and bugg off. ok DJW is a dictator and Lawrence is his lackey so what else is new, we get it now for Christ sake would yo u please go away.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:14:21 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »
I hope there is something more than that with Cordell for Lawrence's sake otherwise I'm simply reminded of this verse

When meh fans and them tell meh
 They fine meh career going rel fine
I does simply have to tell them
You is the driving force behind
You is the one that give meh courage
 You is the one that have me great

substitute fans wit wife
i don't see Cato as a big loss. imo this guy should never start because he is simply no threat and this has been his contributions for the last two years. he runs down the flank with zero dribbling ability and gets trapped by two defenders and Loses the possession, he puts in zero crosses in the box especially when we have the best header of the ball in the whole of concacaf. He often makes bad decisions in attacking and defending situations, so this could be a blessing in disguise and maybe Nathan Lewis could make the difference, who knows.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2017, 08:11:33 AM »
A brief history of the USMNT versus Trinidad and Tobago
By Jared Young (starsandstripesfc.com)

Trinidad and Tobago versus the United States has been one of those David and Goliath matchups where the story never materializes, because Goliath crushes David as expected. Trinidad and Tobago is coming to the United States where they have never won in thirteen attempts and have failed to register a goal since 1996, a streak of more than 600 minutes. The only time Trinidad and Tobago earned a result was in 1989 when the Soca Warriors drew 1-1. The U.S. has won ten straight at home and outscored Trinidad and Tobago 25-3 during that stretch.

When traveling to Port of Spain, Trinidad the U.S. has a more modest record of 5-2-3 (W-L-D), with the last loss coming 2-1 in a 2008 World Cup qualifier. The United States had already qualified for the hexagonal and therefore started a young team in that match. The other loss occurred in a post-World Cup friendly in 1994. It’s safe to say when the games matter, the U.S. does not lose to Trinidad and Tobago.

Overall the U.S. has a 17-2-4 record against Trinidad and Tobago and are 12-1-3 in World Cup qualifiers. Jozy Altidore is the leading scorer in this series, notching five goals. Eric Wynalda holds second place with three goals.

Due to the one-sided nature of this series this is one that really hasn’t gotten going. Trinidad and Tobago has served as a sure three points for the U.S. when it comes to qualifying and the main drama in the June 8th matchup in Denver is whether or not the Soca Warriors will end their two decade goalless streak.

Here’s a chart showing the historical goal differential between these two nations.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »
We'll if we really playing 2 matched against Colorado rapids, then one I them shoulda happen by now, no?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
We'll if we really playing 2 matched against Colorado rapids, then one I them shoulda happen by now, no?
Who knows....it was reported that we were to play 2 games against the Rapids, then so far to my knowledge it's been 1 game against Boulder FC and a scrimmage with some U10 kids in a rec league.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »

Without a doubt.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2017, 01:26:52 PM »
Who knows....it was reported that we were to play 2 games against the Rapids, then so far to my knowledge it's been 1 game against Boulder FC and a scrimmage with some U10 kids in a rec league.
ahhhm  who win the U10 game ?    :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »
There are advantages to not playing any meaningful matches as preparation prior to a WC qualifier

1 - The opposition cyah properly scout we

2 - Our secret weapons will therefore be unknown to the opposition.  Hopefully they not also unknown to our coaching staff  :-[

3 - The players will be well rested and should avoid injury

4 - The players won't get demoralized if they got a thumping in a practice match (hence the match against the U 10's.  Tallest eh taking no chances at all!)

5 - TTFA can use the "camp" as a relaxation and team bonding exercise in lieu of payment of match fees

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »
Men eh care nah. Family values be damned for the NT.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »
Allyuh overrating de U-10 match. Ball possession was questionable.  :rotfl: Ah sorry ah post that. :P

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
Dissatisfaction in the T&T camp over non payment from the Panama game according to Shaka Hislop on ESPN.

http://www.espn.co.uk/video/latest-videos/600/video/3139201

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:04:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2017, 03:19:40 PM »
Dissatisfaction in the T&T camp over non payment from the Panama game according to Shaka Hislop on ESPN.

5 - TTFA can use the "camp" as a relaxation and team bonding exercise in lieu of payment of match fees
So much for that :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »

So much for that :devil:

TTFA essentially say.....we pay fuh a holiday fuh allyuh....sen allyuh "foreign"....put allyuh up in nice hotel, feed allyuh, allyuh get to gape at how much white gyuls allyuh want, take a cobo sweat, bade in hotel pool and ting.....and allyuh STILL want to get paid?  >:(

Players eh playin dat doh  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
Shaka take overt ridicule from he peers for backin we for a point boy. Yes we wit yuh TNT regardless Of the piles of sh!t goin on. Come on fellas we with you100%

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »
I go take a beating for what I'm about to say...but I don't think national players should get paid it represent the country. It's a privilege. Win something...as in a tournament, get ah lil raise, house and land...Other than that...it's a privilege and it allows other opportunities to come all yuh way. Just my humble opinion.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2017, 07:19:27 PM »
I go take a beating for what I'm about to say...but I don't think national players should get paid it represent the country. It's a privilege. Win something...as in a tournament, get ah lil raise, house and land...Other than that...it's a privilege and it allows other opportunities to come all yuh way. Just my humble opinion.
Lol, so only de men in suits and shirt jack should benefit while the men on the field, sticking they foot in wild tackle, risking they career for pride alone...?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »

Yes!!!

If you can't agree to play without monetary incentive then don't represent and play club ball. We have this nonstop self destructive cycle around fees. It would be better they instead used the money to be sure the best insurance policies and treatment while on duty.
Playing for the NT is not a job...that's with the club.
Put all the fees money to reduce chance of injury and recovery. Too bad we don't have a union to negotiate what might be acceptable to the players in that kind of scenario.

Staff in admin that is a job. No piece of any prize should go there either.

Coaches different as that is a job open to non-nationals and pay could be negotiated to be tied to results.

It is a complete distraction and overall has brought us absolutely nothing positive as far as results or development.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:04 PM »

Yes!!!

If you can't agree to play without monetary incentive then don't represent and play club ball. We have this nonstop self destructive cycle around fees. It would be better they instead used the money to be sure the best insurance policies and treatment while on duty.
Playing for the NT is not a job...that's with the club.
Put all the fees money to reduce chance of injury and recovery. Too bad we don't have a union to negotiate what might be acceptable to the players in that kind of scenario.

Staff in admin that is a job. No piece of any prize should go there either.

Coaches different as that is a job open to non-nationals and pay could be negotiated to be tied to results.

It is a complete distraction and overall has brought us absolutely nothing positive as far as results or development.

There is a difference to your points above and the fact that a payment was promised and not delivered.

I agree that we contribute to our problems just as much as any on field opponent
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
self-flagellation would be more apropos 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:03 AM »
T&T Footballers fine tune for showdown in Colorado.
TTFA Media.

“What happened in the past is in the past,”

Those were the words of Finnish-based defender Aubrey David as he completed training just two days before Thursday’s 2018 World Cup qualifying match against the United States at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Denver. He cited that the last time T&T got anything in a World Cup qualifier in the US was back in the 1990 campaign and the last time both teams met, US ran out 4-0 winners in the 2018 semi-final round of qualification.

“Coach has kept say that we have our own history to write. So what happened in 1989 or 2016 is not on my mind at the moment. We have a lot more to think about heading into Thursday’s match here in Denver,” David told TTFA Media on Monday evening after a session at Prentup Field.

David has experienced the conditions in Colorado before while being a member of Dallas FC during his loan deal from Costa Rican club Deportivo Saprissa and he’s settled in well under the conditions since joining the squad on the weekend for what is another massive encounter on the road for Dennis Lawrence’s men.

The MLS-based players such as Kenwyne Jones, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino, Mekeil Williams and Kevan George (while he was at Columbus Crew) have all been through the rigours of playing at high altitude at Dick’s while the rest of the squad have all undergone the necessary acclimatisation strategies and training over the past twelve days or so, carefully monitored and assessed by the Team’s medical staff.

“I feel good at the moment. The sessions have been detailed and intense when necessary because the coach has ensured to go about things in the right manner with the boys,” David said.

“I’ve been here before with Dallas so it’s nothing overly new to me but it was important for the the other players, including the home-based ones to get here a bit earlier and settle in. The last couple days were good in that players were showing good signs in training and being able to execute what the coach wants without any issues,” said the former Caledonia AIA player.

David believes Thursday’s match could turn out to be one that goes down to the wire.

“At this stage of the competition, with both teams still in the race, you can expect it to be very close or who knows, if one team gets out really fast, the other can be caught playing catch up. But we are not here to lie down and let the home team get on top of us. We have that belief that if we stay in the game for long periods and stay disciplined then we can get something out of it. At the same time we will not be complacent at all by thinking it’s going to be easy. We have to dig deep and grind out a result before we go to Costa Rica,” David added.

The T&T team has trained twice at Colorado Rapids training ground which is opposite Dick’s Sporting Goods (game venue) and the rest of the days at Prentup Field, which is 5430 feet above sea level which is higher than the game venue located at 5200 feet.

“The altitude issue is a big issue,” US head coach Bruce Arena told the US press on Monday. “If you come in for one or two days, you can get through it because your body still hasn’t understood fully. Now all bodies understand, so we’re playing through that a little bit. Hopefully by Thursday, we are going to be a little bit more adjusted and ready to be a little bit better prepared for Mexico City.”

Meantime,  John Brooks participated in the U.S. national team’s practice Monday,  two days after he injured his right leg in the 1-1 draw with Venezuela in Utah.

Thursday’s match is a reported sold out with US Soccer adding temporary seats on the north end line and in the corners of the mezzanine level to lift capacity by about 1,500 to approximately 19,500.

Fans can view Thursday’s match live on Flow Sports as well as listen to a live radio broadcast on I95.5FM. Kick off is 5:50pm (7:50pm TT time).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2017, 01:45:45 AM »
T&T Prepares for USA – In Photos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »
So let me get this straight, other national players in other sides can get paid but our players don't need it?  :rotfl:

So the dictator donate money to the pro league but have no money to pay our players, to me that is sabotage

Because he knows the players will be disgruntled and Tallest agrees with this treatment, Hart was the only coach who fought for the players rights and he got fired for it

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2017, 02:46:57 AM »
Please do not hit the self destruct button again
Shit ...when will we learn
Jah bless

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
Lol, so only de men in suits and shirt jack should benefit while the men on the field, sticking they foot in wild tackle, risking they career for pride alone...?

Mints, I hear and agree about the risks. I specifically said I don't think players on the national team should get paid, unless they win a tournament, it is a privilege to play for your country.

Now what should 100% be afforded to the players are, proper meals, accommodation, training and training gear, transportation and insurance. Regarding the staff...as a soldier pointed out, staff could be anyone, they hv administrative suites and should be compensated fairly aligned with their position. Positions not limited to a coach and his staff, right down to the water boy...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2017, 04:26:42 AM »
I know DJW and I can assure you the players will get paid, there should be no insecurities from the T&T players.

Their pay might be late sometimes, but its inevitable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2017, 04:29:35 AM »
I know DJW and I can assure you the players will get paid, there should be no insecurities from the T&T players.

Their pay might be late sometimes, but its inevitable.

Why inevitable?

1]; } ?>