March 28, 2024, 07:39:00 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53221 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Meetup?
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2017, 05:37:03 PM »
I created a WhatsApp group. PM meh yuh name and number, and ah will add yuh.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »
But no island nation in the warm, boundless waters between the US and South America is producing soccer players for MLS with the regularity of Trinidad and Tobago right now.

Should/is our objective [be] to produce players for the MLS?

Barf, barf.

I suppose beggars cyah be choosers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:13:11 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:13 PM »
T&T Goes for It!
TTFA Media.

Looking to defy the odds in Colorado

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior men’s team will be aiming to defy the odds when they take to the field at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on Thursday from 8pm TT time to face off with the United States in a CONCACAF Final Round World Cup Qualifier.

History is not on the side of the visitors but head coach Dennis Lawrence has from day one on the job stressed to his players that they “must write their own history.”

“It’s right there in our hands for the taking. We must show how much we want it. This team, the players, must write their own history,” Lawrence said.

T&T have not scored a goal against the hosts on US soil since the 1996 Gold Cup, a double by Arnold Dwarika in a 3-2 defeat, some six hundred minutes of football have passed. And the last time T&T secured a point was in May, 1989 when Hutson Charles’ last gasp equaliser earned a 1-1 draw in California. In 23 meetings since 1982, T&T have won only twice, both in Port of Spain, lost 17 and drawn four.

US football website StarsandStripesfc.com wrote on Tuesday, “Trinidad and Tobago versus the United States has been one of those David and Goliath matchups where the story never materializes, because Goliath crushes David as expected.”

Whether or not, Goliath’s home advantage will count at Dick’s is left to be seen.

“We are always considered the underdogs when we come up against the United States moreso because of the results but the only way to begin changing that concept is by turning the tables and we have another chance to start this come Thursday,” Kenwyne Jones told TTFA Media.

“The history is rich between the two teams and while they have gone on to play in more World Cups and are a much bigger country that we are, I think that when it comes to stepping onto the same field, anything is possible. We have the right mentality and with the right approach and desire, we have demonstrated that a result is not beyond us,” Jones added.

T&T has a injury-free compliment of players with US-based handful of Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones, Kevan George, Mekeil Williams and Jones (K) all ready to produce the goods along with the rest of the troops. Lawrence has a steady group including the likes of Shahdon Winchester, Daneil Cyrus, Jamille Boatswain, Hughtun Hector, Radanfah Abu Bakr, goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip among others from which to look to.

Veteran Carlos Edwards has lots of memories when it comes to battling the Americans.

“The rivalry is a long one from since I was a kid in 1989 to then coming up against them maybe five or six times in World Cup qualifying football as a player. Every game is different but I don’t think the occasion is one that can easily get the better of us. Hometown advantage is always critical but we know what we are here for and it’s a level playing field from the opening whistle. What we have to do is finish the game with more of everything, more energy, more legs, and more points,” Edwards said.

Seattle Sounders’ Joevin Jones will be up against club teammate Clint Dempsey and he’s ready for the face to face battle.

“Clint is a really good player. We are teammates at Seattle but in this game we’re on opposite ends. I think our players will have to keep an eye on him because he could be dangerous. But generally, I’m focused on playing my game and doing well,” Jones told TTFA Media on Wednesday shortly before the team’s lone training session at Dick’s Sporting.

“WE have never won here in the US but I think if we stay focused we can get a good result. The key to playing in the conditions is getting the lungs opened up early. As the game progresses I think both teams will have challenges but it’s all about who can last the full ninety,” Jones added.

T&T will play in white strips.

Match day -1 The Day Before

WATCH: The last day of preparations before Trinidad and Tobago face the United States. Kenwyne Jones and Joevin Jones share their thoughts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EjKu0gzBqBw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EjKu0gzBqBw</a>
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:46:04 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:34 PM »
you fix up nah...I Just Cool.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
you fix up nah...I Just Cool.
;D. Nice one BM  :beermug:

Good to see u JC, bredda, I hear u loud and clear...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2017, 04:15:14 AM »
trini_stallion, while your suggestion is noble, you ignoring the reality of the modern day football, and the lives of people who playing the sport. It is an honour and privilege to play for your country, but honour and previlege don't put food on the table, or pay for severe injuries. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

I old enough to know when TT players used toplay for honour and dignity. The fans loved it, but TT football did not go anywhere. In the "bun and sweet drink" days, unless you played for a factory team or a govt ministry team, your international career was limited.

Ask what happened to Nobbie Philips from TECSA who got injured while playing against Nautico. He was left to see for himself. Did not play for the national team after that. Ask Mikey Grayson what happened after playing in WC against Haiti. Got an ankle injury. No compensation. His career finished around 28 yrs of age.

With all the money some players making, yes, they should offer their service for "free". Actually some players do. You read about some African players " ponying up" money for other less well payed members of their national to play African Cup and WC. But the reality is, that is the exception to the rule.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
LISTEN  MLS ExtraTime Radio previews the match with Lasana Liburd as an invited guest.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/06/07/extratime-radio-breaking-down-must-win-us-vs-trinidad-tobago

Start from about 10:00 into the podcast.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Morning all. I still trying to digest that Cleveland Cavs capitulation last night. 
Good luck to the squad tonight! I'll be wearing my vintage 05 Finta warriors jersey around Miami today in solidarity

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
Prong, this GSW is the better team. Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:27:43 AM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2017, 11:29:56 AM »
The US have 5 key players on yellows...Cameron, Bradley, Brooks, Besler and Altidore. I know Bruce also want these guys to be available for Mexico on Sunday so rumor is he may not risk playing all of them tonight in fear of them picking up another yellow. Whoever starts in this bunch, we have to take it to them because they might play cautious.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
trini_stallion, while your suggestion is noble, you ignoring the reality of the modern day football, and the lives of people who playing the sport. It is an honour and privilege to play for your country, but honour and previlege don't put food on the table, or pay for severe injuries. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

I old enough to know when TT players used toplay for honour and dignity. The fans loved it, but TT football did not go anywhere. In the "bun and sweet drink" days, unless you played for a factory team or a govt ministry team, your international career was limited.

Ask what happened to Nobbie Philips from TECSA who got injured while playing against Nautico. He was left to see for himself. Did not play for the national team after that. Ask Mikey Grayson what happened after playing in WC against Haiti. Got an ankle injury. No compensation. His career finished around 28 yrs of age.

With all the money some players making, yes, they should offer their service for "free". Actually some players do. You read about some African players " ponying up" money for other less well payed members of their national to play African Cup and WC. But the reality is, that is the exception to the rule.

Noble?

Is pure assness.

Who the PAYING public come out to see?

Who the TV rights people paying to see?

When advertisers spend $$$ hoping to capture eyes on TV and elsewhere when the National Team playing....who those eyes come to see?

When those eyes come out in their thousands to see administrators and a logo of the country flag and NOT the players, then get back to me bout playing for pride and honour

Otherwise.....is pure, unadulterated, f**kery that stallion chattin dey
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
The US have 5 key players on yellows...Cameron, Bradley, Brooks, Besler and Altidore. I know Bruce also want these guys to be available for Mexico on Sunday so rumor is he may not risk playing all of them tonight in fear of them picking up another yellow. Whoever starts in this bunch, we have to take it to them because they might play cautious.

Bradley might not play. I posted that a few days ago. I expect another physical player to take his spot.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »

Noble?

Is pure assness.

When advertisers spend $$$ hoping to capture eyes on TV and elsewhere when the National Team playing....who those eyes come to see?

When those eyes come out in their thousands to see administrators and a logo of the country flag and NOT the players, then get back to me bout playing for pride and honour

If you don't understand where I coming from you just dotish. How cld I express my view in a different way...one more try...to play for a national team, one should not be motivated by financial compensation by playing those said games. If I was a player, I would be motivated by the opportunities it may bring...in terms of exposure, experience, and show casing my talent to possible scouts. It would be about no chump change...100/200$us per game...nah man
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2017, 01:31:09 PM »

Noble?

Is pure assness.

If you don't understand where I coming from you just dotish. How cld I express my view in a different way...one more try...to play for a national team, one should not be motivated by financial compensation by playing those said games. If I was a player, I would be motivated by the opportunities it may bring...in terms of exposure, experience, and show casing my talent to possible scouts. It would be about no chump change...100/200$us per game...nah man

That is different from what you said originally. Motivation and policy are two different things. There should be a remuneration policy, even if the motivational levels are different. I'm sure everyone who has a chance to play in a World Cup feels highly motivated. Doesn't mean they should not get paid.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »

Like it had a major earthquake rong by you breds.  Yuh goalposts and dem shiftin massively.  Dis is what you originally posted

I go take a beating for what I'm about to say...but I don't think national players should get paid it represent the country. It's a privilege. Win something...as in a tournament, get ah lil raise, house and land...Other than that...it's a privilege and it allows other opportunities to come all yuh way. Just my humble opinion.

NOW yuh lookin to chat bout motivation. 

The players have not received the AGREED UPON remuneration for playing AND beating Panama.  That match was played in March.  We in June.  They still have not been paid.

First you say that players should not be paid to represent the country

Now you bawlin bout they should not be motivated by money to play for the country.

How do you arrive at the players are motivated by money to play for T&T?  Because they upset that the agreement they have between the TTFA and themselves has not been adhered to?  YET AGAIN

I will tell you.....is more likely THE ONLY THING that motivating the players to turn out later today is the pride and honour they feel in representing they country.

But it kinda hard to feel pride and honour when same country have fans like you that does waste dem dong on a constant, that have administration that does not take care of their basic needs.  That have players on national duty kicked out of hotels because the Federation never pay for their stay.  That have players selected on the squad having to be left behind because the plane full and they have to make way for friends of the TTFA President to fly to Argentina with the team.

Pride, privilege, and honour?  It goes both ways.  Or at least supposed to.....and in T&T football....it hardly ever goes to the players.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
Shaka on ESPN FC tonight taking all kinda licks for suggesting we could pull a point tonight.

God bless him!

Ah come home early waiting for kick off. Board quiet, the tailgate team in Denver send us some images of how its bubbling up nah?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
Real lix fuh real Shaka taking, but he standing firm.

Shaka say, this isn't the best US team and a nex man say "this isn't the best Trinidad team either". And all ah dem buss out laughing
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:34:27 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »
link???
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
Starting lineups announced

JM Williams
J Jones
Bateau
Cyrus
Lewis
Hyland
K Jones
Molino
Akhenanton Edwards
M Williams
George

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
Starting lineups announced

JM Williams
J Jones
Bateau
Cyrus
Lewis
Hyland
K Jones
Molino
Akhenanton Edwards
M Williams
George

who dat?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »
JM Williams
M Williams
Bateau
Cyrus
Akhenanton Edwards???
Joevin Jones
Hyland

George
Lewis
Molino
Kewyne Jones

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »
JM Williams
M Williams
Bateau
Cyrus
Akhenanton Edwards???
Joevin Jones
Hyland

George
Lewis
Molino
Kewyne Jones

Our very own Rolls Royce lol

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2017, 05:41:57 PM »
Carlos
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
Anyone know which TV station the game is going to be on?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
In the US it's on FS1
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2017, 05:56:40 PM »
Tallman!  Jus see u on tv

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2017, 06:07:53 PM »
look like we playin three at d back
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
Live YouTube link for USA vs T&T World Cup Qualifier on right now!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ihzksRoomA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6ihzksRoomA</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »
3-5-2
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>