April 15, 2024, 11:05:27 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53629 times)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #330 on: June 08, 2017, 07:28:16 PM »
this shitty 3-5-2 didn't work for Everton and it wukkiin for TnT....I'm beginning t think Lawrence is tactically challenged.
beginning to? Lol

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 08, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »
this shitty 3-5-2 didn't work for Everton and it wukkiin for TnT....I'm beginning t think Lawrence is tactically challenged.
beginning to? Lol
it eh wukkin..my bad

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 08, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
If Carlos Edwards starting in yuh team, yuh know things have to be tight

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
If the us playing like this, they will get licks from Mexico
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »
Subbed Joevin Jones?

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

barely made any run and he didn't get time to adapt to d altitude....mls pull ah territorial advantage and hold on to joevin til d last possible minute
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 08, 2017, 07:50:39 PM »
Would Cato have made a difference. Embarassing ah have to hear dem fricking white boy who cyah coach dey way out of a paperbag talk about this crap now,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:52:20 PM by MEP »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »
My prediction was 3 or 4 - nil, so I guess we exceed expectations.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2017, 07:54:56 PM »
Tallman!  Jus see u on tv
Yea Tallman was one of the highlights tonight

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »
_________i feel deflated. Man if kenwyne had put away that chance...game would have been different. That goal Nathan Lewis score wasn't offside eeedah...must win in CR now...that's just the black and white off it.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
Now we will hear bout Pulisic for the next 3 months

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
Now to see how long before somebody mention the dictator  :devil:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 08, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »
Now to see how long before somebody mention the dictator  :devil:
:rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
Joevin off? ???
He's not having a good game

Yeah, I see where he was deficient. A step off at times. But he also created chances. What did we get from his replacement? Added value? A lift to the tempo? More energy? What?

Sometimes you have to let players like Joevin grow into the match.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 08, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
That Lewis goal they called back for offside was covfefe

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 08, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Overmatched tonight, the US tactics were just as i thought.

Happens to us every time.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2017, 08:03:02 PM »
Is like JC say...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »
Only saw the last 35min of the game. T&T is not as bad as the record shows but we are running out of time. We still in with a chance for forth. if we string together a few wins then we right back in it.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
It's frustrating as a fan. We play a pretty decent knock. But we just don't get the ball in the net...this is where quality friendlies come in...we need a miracle in CR. The US was not spectacular except for pulisic

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2017, 08:19:46 PM »
Would Cato have made a difference. Embarassing ah have to hear dem fricking white boy who cyah coach dey way out of a paperbag talk about this crap now,

Someone to run at them? Yeah. Otherwise, perhaps not. But I like him like that when he's outside coming in or inside going across the face of the goal. Other than that ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
It's frustrating as a fan. We play a pretty decent knock. But we just don't get the ball in the net...this is where quality friendlies come in...we need a miracle in CR. The US was not spectacular except for pulisic

Well, Pulisic scored!

Also, they didn't need to be spectacular to beat us. So ...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

Well no surprise tonight for me. I see iz d same ole same ole when T&T play the US 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2017, 05:00:27 AM »
We still not out of it,there's a slim chance for 4th.We looked good and had we got the goal by KJ,and had Nathan Lewis not been ruled off side,who knows,as I would say,we matched the mighty USA and that was pleasing,but we didn't get the result we wanted.When your chances come you must take it,they don't come every minute,we look soft in front of goal.Edwards went for goal,when the best option was a cross to Lewis or Molino,that was a shocker,someone is not smiling on us.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:03:05 AM by frico »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2017, 05:46:11 AM »
We still not out of it,there's a slim chance for 4th.We looked good and had we got the goal by KJ,and had Nathan Lewis not been ruled off side,who knows,as I would say,we matched the mighty USA and that was pleasing,but we didn't get the result we wanted.When your chances come you must take it,they don't come every minute,we look soft in front of goal.Edwards went for goal,when the best option was a cross to Lewis or Molino,that was a shocker,someone is not smiling on us.

Boy you spot on with that analysis. We don't appear to be outdone by these teams, CR, MEX and US...the only real thumping we got in this campaign was from Honduras. Other than that Honduras game, we weren't outclassed at all. Goals win matches and that's the bottom line.

Carlos know he effed up with that shot instead of passing the ball... everyone knew it. What a shame. Carlos did play pretty well last night though. Hyland made some mistakes and that first goal was his fault. I like Nathan, he has a lot of potential, but he gets outmanned...Molino tried his best last night.

George was not ready for pulisic it seemed. He have the wonder boy too much space.

Costa Rica gonna be a real scrap, with the odds against us. This is where our maturity and professionalism gonna come into play. They drew against Panama last night, which stacks up even more against us.

I hope to see the boys regroup and continue to believe that they can get result. They can!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »

Boy you spot on with that analysis. We don't appear to be outdone by these teams, CR, MEX and US...the only real thumping we got in this campaign was from Honduras. Other than that Honduras game, we weren't outclassed at all. Goals win matches and that's the bottom line.

Carlos know he effed up with that shot instead of passing the ball... everyone knew it. What a shame. Carlos did play pretty well last night though. Hyland made some mistakes and that first goal was his fault. I like Nathan, he has a lot of potential, but he gets outmanned...Molino tried his best last night.

George was not ready for pulisic it seemed. He have the wonder boy too much space.

Costa Rica gonna be a real scrap, with the odds against us. This is where our maturity and professionalism gonna come into play. They drew against Panama last night, which stacks up even more against us.

I hope to see the boys regroup and continue to believe that they can get result. They can!

It's the only area I will give the technical staff some stick. Pulisic key attribute is speed and Kevan George had a man marking job shadowing him most of the game but I would have gone for Gonsalves or even Paul as they have a bit more speed to stay with Pulisic but George is favoured given he is a better passer and with 3 CBs you have the cover for him running behind, still got away from us. 
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2017, 09:28:03 AM »
We should have taken advantage in the early stages when the US seemed to be caught off guard by our setup on the field.

We should have gone for the jugular then, but instead, you can hear shouts of "keep it, keep it" from our bench.

Mindset. A will to win. We lack those. The minute Lawrence saw that hesitation he should have gone for it. Not try to establish a level of play at that point.

Lawrence is to blame for the loss. He had US to hang and he let his idealistic approach to the game overshadow the practical demands that were present.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2017, 09:53:56 AM »

It's the only area I will give the technical staff some stick. Pulisic key attribute is speed and Kevan George had a man marking job shadowing him most of the game but I would have gone for Gonsalves or even Paul as they have a bit more speed to stay with Pulisic but George is favoured given he is a better passer and with 3 CBs you have the cover for him running behind, still got away from us.

Raised this very issue in a separate discussion, but framed it differently. Part of the issue is highlighted if one compares the player's ability to interrupt play when the ball is in front of him versus his recovery speed/read of movement not immediately in front of him.

Could a correction have been made that kept George on the field (to benefit from his positives while adjusting for the problem)?

The balance in the center of the park presents a challenge when neither player can deliver a penetrating vertical pass. Not effective football when you have a player in an advanced position showing for an entry ball or available for one.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2017, 10:06:43 AM »
The game was going towards us at the end of the first half. We actually had a chance. Performance is not that bad. Just 2 mistakes  cost the game.

Molino played his heart out.

Ticos  tied Panama last night in San Jose. We can get a result.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
The game was going towards us at the end of the first half. We actually had a chance. Performance is not that bad. Just 2 mistakes  cost the game.

Molino played his heart out.

Ticos  tied Panama last night in San Jose. We can get a result.

10 man ticos
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »
That Lewis goal they called back for offside was covfefe

EXPLAINING THE OFFSIDE LAW: LAW 11

The offside law (Law 11) is the most argued-over law wherever in the world the game of football is played, even though it’s pretty simple. Here’s how it works.

A player is caught offside if he’s nearer to the opponents’ goal than both the ball and the second-last opponent when his team-mate plays the ball. In other words, a player can’t receive the ball from a team-mate unless there are at least two players either level with him or between him and the goal.

It is not an offence in itself to be offside. A player is only penalised for being offside if he is deemed to be involved in active play. So a player can only be called offside if he is:

In the opposition’s half.
Interfering with play (that is, he’s part of the attacking move).
Interfering with an opponent (that is, he’s preventing the opponent from defending against the attacking move).
Gaining any advantage by being in that position.
A player cannot be offside from a goal kick, throw in or corner.

SOURCE

I thought if the player was level with the last defender, it's not offside.  How it was explained to me is that  "level" does not mean "feet level".

If the attacker's feet and the last defender's feet are level, but the attacker's body, head, or even arm are ahead of the last defender, it is offside.

Looked to me that when the ball was played, Lewis' feet were level with the last defender....but his torso and head were slightly ahead of the last defender.  If that interpretation of the law is correct, then to me, the correct call was made by the referee's assistant.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
I have to watch that replay because Fox showed it very briefly and it looked to me as if his body was level with the defender when the ball was played. It looked like he was still onside but I'll like to see it again to be fair and unbiased.

1]; } ?>