March 28, 2024, 12:44:22 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)  (Read 53236 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (8-Jun-2017)
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
I have to watch that replay because Fox showed it very briefly and it looked to me as if his body was level with the defender when the ball was played. It looked like he was still onside but I'll like to see it again to be fair and unbiased.

To be sure....it was VERY close.

He coulda gi we de bligh.

If was US...they might have well gotten the goal. 

But based on when the ball was played and Lewis' positioning.....if that interpretation is correct...he was just off....

SUCKS!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:19 PM »
Coaching staff don't need Stern or Sol. Look at the goals again, actually not just the goals but all game, poor coverage, reaction instead of proaction, the boys adjusted well and made up with athleticism but not smart or coached defending..The 1st goal 2 US men fling dey body and our guys hold up waiting for Jan to save again...look at when we did attack(counter), forwards without supporting cast..unless we made a build up or Hyland fanned out long to JJ, who was surprisingly given lots of space, yet the times he was presented with one defender, either shot from outside or tried to square in most cases, we need to JJ to take on in every 1V1, to at least absorb and pull multiple covers, freeing the ONE or TWO (since it's all we seem able to muster) of our players in the box. Yes we possessed better, but the possession was mostly sterile and US just calmly waited for us to prematurely ejaculate oops..falter

add: tactics, many knew the men most likely to score for US would be Pulisic and Altidore, but didn't look like we were not to worried, some ONE had them..meanwhile our offensive players seemed to be surround by MANY, except in JJ's case..which was quite strange to me
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:15:40 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
Coaching staff don't need Stern or Sol. Look at the goals again, actually not just the goals but all game, poor coverage, reaction instead of proaction, the boys adjusted well and made up with athleticism but not smart or coached defending..The 1st goal 2 US men fling dey body and our guys hold up waiting for Jan to save again...look at when we did attack(counter), forwards without supporting cast..unless we made a build up or Hyland fanned out long to JJ, who was surprisingly given lots of space, yet the times he was presented with one defender, either shot from outside or tried to square in most cases, we need to JJ to take on in every 1V1, to at least absorb and pull multiple covers, freeing the ONE or TWO (since it's all we seem able to muster) of our players in the box. Yes we possessed better, but the possession was mostly sterile and US just calmly waited for us to prematurely ejaculate oops..falter

add: tactics, many knew the men most likely to score for US would be Pulisic and Altidore, but didn't look like we were not to worried, some ONE had them..meanwhile our offensive players seemed to be surround by MANY, except in JJ's case..which was quite strange to me

And what about de other Mister?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »

I honestly can't say, as I don't rightly know what his strengths are, but since he is the only one that actually coaches a team locally, we should keep him for the experience.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »

I honestly can't say, as I don't rightly know what his strengths are, but since he is the only one that actually coaches a team locally, we should keep him for the experience.

Well said DJW  ;)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »
I cyah fault the boys effort on the day but I feel them two goals is the result of not having played any practice match. simple things like mekhael take a step to the man on top and curtis didn't cover mekhael's man for him - pulisic 2nd...that kinda split second thinking that get punished every time could only come from playing a proper level friendly.

By the way did they ever say the result of the second match against Boulder FC? Did they blatantly lie abut rapids or did they really play them? It seems like the team on a serious media leash and is only polished responses coming out from them. Like only Lasana does ask any hard questions.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
I guess the altitude had something to do with the pedestrian passing. I liked what I saw and with a little bit of luck we could have gotten something from this game. if Carlos  had taken on men on a one to one
 we could have looked a little dangerous on the Counter. I was a little disappointed on the slow counter attack that was so productive against Mexico, under Hart. Not comparing Coaches just an observation.
 From this W/C journey we seem to be able to compete with the big boys, We do need someone to put the ball in the back of the Net. Fourth place is possible.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
I cyah fault the boys effort on the day but I feel them two goals is the result of not having played any practice match. simple things like mekhael take a step to the man on top and curtis didn't cover mekhael's man for him - pulisic 2nd...that kinda split second thinking that get punished every time could only come from playing a proper level friendly.

By the way did they ever say the result of the second match against Boulder FC? Did they blatantly lie abut rapids or did they really play them? It seems like the team on a serious media leash and is only polished responses coming out from them. Like only Lasana does ask any hard questions.

USA first goal.

Disgraceful giveaway by Khaleem Hyland in our own half when we were stroking the ball around.

He was both lazy and lost concentration and Bradley teef de ball easy easy.  Cyrus rush een and hoof de ball downfield to Nagbe

Nagbe gets the ball and runs into our midfield.  Hyland (AGAIN) makes a half hearted effort at a tackle and Nagby easily brushes him aside.  Plays a give and go....collect....passes the ball wide....wide man plays the ball along the ground close to our central defenders....Pulisic runs FREE with NOBODY on him to pass the ball into the net.

The goal had several defensive lapses.  The initial giveaway was horrendous. But Hyland's failure to foul Nagbe when he was running at the defence was unforgiveable.  That should have been a classic example of a "tactical foul".  Far enough outside the area to break up the play and give your defence time to recover.

These men supposed to be professionals.  That was amateur to the extreme.

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2017, 08:16:15 PM »
I have to watch that replay because Fox showed it very briefly and it looked to me as if his body was level with the defender when the ball was played. It looked like he was still onside but I'll like to see it again to be fair and unbiased.

I got a screen grab showing the moment the pass was made. As much as I hate to admit, it wasn't even close. He was offside. Two of them actually.

Still, that play and the one where Kenwyne headed onto the cross-bar should be consistent options in the Warrior's offensive repertoire.

I have seen T&T score off similar plays under Hart. They are devastating because they come off runs from outside the box into open space in the box; they are tough to defend as they are usually the result of very few touches so there is practically no build up and the result are goals out of what looks like nothing.

Even if the defense goes with the man making the run, there's always the possibility of it being a dummy run.

This business of one attacker trying to get around multiple defenders on the ground stopped working when I played football and look how long ago that was. It died when marking space replaced man to man inside the box. Plus, T&T players can be notorious ball watchers when the man with the ball takes on multiple defenders. Yet, when they do try to help is like the man wid de ball does say, "doh worry, I have dis", and keep forcing his way. All a good defender has to do his guide him to a bad angle for a low percentage shot which Trinis seem to always take for some strange reason.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:14 PM »
I got a screen grab showing the moment the pass was made. As much as I hate to admit, it wasn't even close. He was offside. Two of them actually.

Fensic, you right. But KJ looked more off-side than Lewis. Nathan was very close, like a shoulder. KJ was a again off-side when he whipped a a quick grounder across the goal. Like I posted in a another thread, had the US scored one like that, it would have stood.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2017, 05:26:53 AM »

Still, that play and the one where Kenwyne headed onto the cross-bar should be consistent options in the Warrior's offensive repertoire.

I have seen T&T score off similar plays under Hart. They are devastating because they come off runs from outside the box into open space in the box; they are tough to defend as they are usually the result of very few touches so there is practically no build up and the result are goals out of what looks like nothing.

Even if the defense goes with the man making the run, there's always the possibility of it being a dummy run.

This business of one attacker trying to get around multiple defenders on the ground stopped working when I played football and look how long ago that was. It died when marking space replaced man to man inside the box. Plus, T&T players can be notorious ball watchers when the man with the ball takes on multiple defenders. Yet, when they do try to help is like the man wid de ball does say, "doh worry, I have dis", and keep forcing his way. All a good defender has to do his guide him to a bad angle for a low percentage shot which Trinis seem to always take for some strange reason.

Enjoyed reading this (the entire post).

I haven't reviewed the second half yet, so I'll reserve comment on the offside situation ... but just finished reviewing the first half. It definitely provides a prologue for what happened next.

There's much to what you state. What I would like to read more about is the assertion regarding "marking space versus man to man inside the box" ...

Give us a follow-up?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:28:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2017, 05:54:32 AM »
Coaching staff don't need Stern or Sol. Look at the goals again, actually not just the goals but all game, poor coverage, reaction instead of proaction, the boys adjusted well and made up with athleticism but not smart or coached defending.. The 1st goal 2 US men fling dey body and our guys hold up waiting for Jan to save again...look at when we did attack(counter), forwards without supporting cast..unless we made a build up or Hyland fanned out long to JJ, who was surprisingly given lots of space, yet the times he was presented with one defender, either shot from outside or tried to square in most cases, we need to JJ to take on in every 1V1, to at least absorb and pull multiple covers, freeing the ONE or TWO (since it's all we seem able to muster) of our players in the box. Yes we possessed better, but the possession was mostly sterile and US just calmly waited for us to prematurely ejaculate oops..falter

add: tactics, many knew the men most likely to score for US would be Pulisic and Altidore, but didn't look like we were not to worried, some ONE had them ..meanwhile our offensive players seemed to be surround by MANY, except in JJ's case..which was quite strange to me

Boss post before yuh touch "sterile". After "sterile" yuh went positively stratospheric.

Some of the coordination in defence that was lauded on the previous match dates went out the window, but even if we accept that Sol is redundant, where do you see Stern as being surplus to needs specifically? I think you should flesh that out for us some more with the same quality as your first chapter.

From sterile possession what could Stern do?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2017, 05:59:15 AM »
Except for those 2 lapses, I find the defending was above decent. But be honest . We set we self  up for pressure. But we could not  high pressure because of the altitude. Jan-Michael was a beast Thursday night. If was not for those timely saves we good for 4. Again we have to take we chances and put them away. If that Nathan Lewis goal had stand and/or KJ had scored, it may have been a different outcome. I honestly feel we not ready for Russia. We have some very good players. But right now we need about 5 great players at most, 3 at least to make a challenge for Concacaf. We have to improve immensely.

See allyuh in Qatar. That is if  those knuckleheads don't go to war. If they do go to war, see you in London.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:23:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2017, 06:05:09 AM »

Well said DJW  ;)

Their ... SCF and DJW ... obvious contribution is having restored Cyrus to the CB role ... with a dose of vindication.

But after that, how many local players were on the field? And where?

Stern coaches a local team too, eh ... to be fair.

It is hard to get a read on SCF in this picture.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2017, 05:52:09 AM »
There is no question in my mind that we are as good as the US except for the depth of our squad. With fewer players to select from, as a result of their pool being 300 times larger than ours, we have to make every opportunity count. The success of the team will be determined by its preparation.

1. We cannot become a great team when our preparation does not include frequent matched against quality opponents.
2. Playing club teams and intrasquad games are not valuable. (The US plays up to 10 internationals friendlies per year)
3. Spending several days in Denver was helpful otherwise it would probably have been 6:0. (If you haven't played or exercised at altitude, then you wouldn't understand.)
4. I agree with Coach Lawrence. We got the tactics right but gave up the ball too easily.
5. Decision making.  There were too many times good passes were made in the box and players were going the other way or not anticipating the thru-passes. The more a team plays together and understands each other's runs and movement, the more likely it is that the correct decisions will be made on the field.

Qualification now seems unlikely, unless we can pull off a string of victories. If we lose against CR, it is time to start looking at our best under-20 players and begin the development of the squad with an eye to 2022.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2017, 07:28:44 AM »
If S Hart was the coach T&T would have gotten 6 to 7 goals  the coach's from England making D Lawrence look good because from the decisions he's making clearly he does not know what he is doing.

The team playing more compact teams have to work hard to break them down I like how S Bateau had J Altidore under manners no cheap highlight wheels this time around but this team would not score goals playing that type of football.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2017, 10:36:38 AM »
Coaching staff don't need Stern or Sol. Look at the goals again, actually not just the goals but all game, poor coverage, reaction instead of proaction, the boys adjusted well and made up with athleticism but not smart or coached defending.. The 1st goal 2 US men fling dey body and our guys hold up waiting for Jan to save again...look at when we did attack(counter), forwards without supporting cast..unless we made a build up or Hyland fanned out long to JJ, who was surprisingly given lots of space, yet the times he was presented with one defender, either shot from outside or tried to square in most cases, we need to JJ to take on in every 1V1, to at least absorb and pull multiple covers, freeing the ONE or TWO (since it's all we seem able to muster) of our players in the box. Yes we possessed better, but the possession was mostly sterile and US just calmly waited for us to prematurely ejaculate oops..falter

add: tactics, many knew the men most likely to score for US would be Pulisic and Altidore, but didn't look like we were not to worried, some ONE had them ..meanwhile our offensive players seemed to be surround by MANY, except in JJ's case..which was quite strange to me

Boss post before yuh touch "sterile". After "sterile" yuh went positively stratospheric.

Some of the coordination in defence that was lauded on the previous match dates went out the window, but even if we accept that Sol is redundant, where do you see Stern as being surplus to needs specifically? I think you should flesh that out for us some more with the same quality as your first chapter.

From sterile possession what could Stern do?
Well i would think that a full supporting midfield cast should be able to add a few options. Thus the lone forward must be coached and practiced to hold up giving them the opportunity to advance, once involved, then cross runs from forwards with a possible "Stern turn" if the opportunity present itself, if forwards are stil marked with diagonal or change position runs, then outside shooting from midfielders would be in order, which in turn will eventually free up forwards for poaching...but bottom line, is we need to be able to advantage the one V one situations to creat space...this is I think is what possession passing is used for, to create such opportunities..but if we just knock to keep possession and not using that possession to create a advantaged situation, then we must be up by 2 or 3 goals..something like what the US was doing to us. The stern query, is simply because, besides the more square balls from the wings,where we almost scored 2 goals, something which we all here were calling for since 2006 or the beginning of "we feel we reach" syndrome. I saw nothing new from our players that indicate they had a Stern John influence. Sterninho was especially effective in the 1 V 2, as a center forward, mastering the presented goal scoring opportunities, but if we don't have a supporting cast to give those passes as it presents itself, so the center forward can have an opportunity to make this type of play, unless i missed it..what was his actual contribution, did you see an influence ? or was my anticipation after a couple days of instruction to much ?
    Closest I saw to a stern influence was Hyland, and this was mostly to make a non-threatning pass to JJ, who looked liked he was playing under pressure with a bellywuk, he, our current best player(imo), hardly stopped anyone(williams did most of the running) or instilled fear only in maybe the ball boys.. I'm certain he will be better next outing...even "The Mummy" had more life, even with 3/4 the talent.
  Thus my comment, maybe Stern can contribute at some point, when we can actually attack against compact defences as a team, consequently looks like a Yorke or even a Eve might have more to offer, I can't speak for their offensive coaching ability, just thinking of the type of game they themselves played.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:43:56 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
Ah hearing yuh loud and clear. No static.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »
If S Hart was the coach T&T would have gotten 6 to 7 goals  the coach's from England making D Lawrence look good because from the decisions he's making clearly he does not know what he is doing.

The team playing more compact teams have to work hard to break them down I like how S Bateau had J Altidore under manners no cheap highlight wheels this time around but this team would not score goals playing that type of football.

Saintfiet would have had us invent a new counting system.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2017, 01:10:18 PM »
Except for those 2 lapses, I find the defending was above decent. But be honest . We set we self  up for pressure. But we could not  high pressure because of the altitude. Jan-Michael was a beast Thursday night. If was not for those timely saves we good for 4. Again we have to take we chances and put them away. If that Nathan Lewis goal had stand and/or KJ had scored, it may have been a different outcome. I honestly feel we not ready for Russia. We have some very good players. But right now we need about 5 great players at most, 3 at least to make a challenge for Concacaf. We have to improve immensely.

See allyuh in Qatar. That is if  those knuckleheads don't go to war. If they do go to war, see you in London.
I was pleasantly surprised with our game! Bateau, imo, is above a very good player and, I never thought the day would come when I could say this but, even Cyrus is playing well. Under Hart he was just awful. Maybe wing back is just not his thing. However, I must say that that my patience is wearing thin with Hyland. For a player supposedly of his stature, he loses/gives up the ball way to easily. Nathan Lewis , with a few more games, may get my nod as an automatic starter. Carlos is belying his age but has lost his ability to run past his markers. JJ was just out of it. Kenwyn should have scored, so too Molino, who had possibly the best game I have seen with him in national colors. Jan was a beast except for the second goal and Merkiel was decent on the night.

I would like to know what is the romance that national coaches have with the little short man from W connection who is supposedly a striker.

Call me crazy but I expect a better result in Costa Rica!! We should be able to adapt more readily to their high altitude.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 11, 2017, 01:40:14 PM »
I regard the defending as poor and porous collectively, but possessed of the salvation of individual moments of rescue.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #381 on: June 11, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »

Wow, you're advocating for Hart?

Change of Hart perhaps? LoL

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #382 on: June 11, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »

I must say that that my patience is wearing thin with Hyland.

I echo the same sentiment
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »

Wow, you're advocating for Hart?

Change of Hart perhaps? LoL
Only Z Vanes or F Maturana can save this team.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »

Hyland makes mistakes but i not sure if we have any real quality replacement at this time.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 11, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »

Hyland makes mistakes but i not sure if we have any real quality replacement at this time.
Co-sign......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2017, 09:12:58 PM »
It will be good if we can get a lil run down from any of the forumites that attended the game on the positives they noticed first hand.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »

excuse me for interjecting but i get the feeling that many of you don't realize the magnificent contributions of khaleem hyland on this team. and so what if he loses the ball now and then most CM do lose possession from time to time that is normal in the game of football, they also make bad passes and foolish tackles that position is not a pretty one.

I have noticed quite often how hyland's detractors miss the positive contribution but highlight the mistakes. .No one talks about the plays that he breaks up the the midfield, his movement off the ball his professional fouls (something we didn't do prior to hyland which lead to a lot of break away goals) his ability to make dangerous attacking passes that lead to quite a few goals in the lead up to the hex.

people seem to forget that we have the least amount of quality of any team in the hex and a player such as hyland may struggle on this team but would probably flourish on a better team alongside better players. Ok he made a blunder that lead to the first goal but no one saw how Cyrus was ball watching instead of picking an unmarked player, maybe if other players were in tuned with the rest of the team they would have done the smart thing and took down nagbe and take a card for the team rather than allowing him to make the cross that lead to the goal.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:34:22 AM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2017, 01:56:27 AM »

excuse me for interjecting but i get the feeling that many of you don't realize the magnificent contributions of khaleem hyland on this team. and so what if he loses the ball now and then most CM do lose possession from time to time that is normal in the game of football, they also make bad passes and foolish tackles that position is not a pretty one.

I have noticed quite often how hyland's detractors miss the positive contribution but highlight the mistakes. .No one talks about the plays that he breaks up the the midfield, his movement off the ball his professional fouls (something we didn't do prior to hyland which lead to a lot of break away goals) his ability to make dangerous attacking passes that lead to quite a few goals in the lead up to the hex.

people seem to forget that we have the least amount of quality of any team in the hex and a player such as hyland may struggle on this team but would probably flourish on a better team alongside better players. Ok he made a blunder that lead to the first goal but no one saw how Cyrus was ball watching instead of picking an unmarked player, maybe if other players were in tuned with the rest of the team they would have done the smart thing and took down nagbe and take a card for the team rather than allowing him to make the cross that lead to the goal.

What are you, his godfather?

Hyland is not an intl, he's a club baller, that's it..

Practice champ.. I would bench him for the rest of the campaign

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »

What are you, his godfather?

Hyland is not an intl, he's a club baller, that's it..

Practice champ.. I would bench him for the rest of the campaign

Hyland has good qualities, but his touch is heavy and he gives away possession too easily to be a center midfielder we can rely on. Maybe try him wider, further up field, or in the back. But playing him is a deep lying center mid is asking for trouble. This is not the first time his loss of possession has directly led to a goal. I wonder how come Boucaud can't get a bligh?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>