March 29, 2024, 09:38:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).  (Read 80557 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the ref for tonight's USA game from El Salvador?
« Reply #540 on: September 09, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »
de ref from the usa vs es match a couple days ago look like he was from t'dad.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (09-Sept-2009).
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »
Please let us atleast have alot of friendlies even if we gotta keep playing Jamaica and beating them i don't wanna be bored with stupid or no friendlies for the next 3 years...

brother, you realise that the last time you beat Jamaica at senior level was about 10 years ago right? Or correct me if i'm wrong...but its gotta be over a decade since T&T beat JAmaica in a world cup qualifier at senior level...I stand corrected.

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of adrenaline IMHO

This is a important date (if not hostoric) date in your household.... hope you start back to get your full night's sleep now that the warriors are no longer in it....

Your attempts to continue to be-little our team has always been shut down. Ocassional visits to your reggae boyz site indicates the topics of non-importance that goes on in your cyber world..

So...we expect to see you back on this forum somtime around June 2012 when qualifiers start back.. we'll be waiting for you and your ridiculas efforts to sound smart..

ps.

you once call my team some shitless niggers..(yes..long time posters do remember these things and will never forget)...

good luck sir...you are dismissed..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »
dat ref made some terrible calls against us.

jloyd yellow card
ALL d calls against glen
Us defenders huggin up KJ, climbing all over glen, rammin tinto and NOT ONE call he make against d USA, just to name a few

F**k dat referee. maccomere man

>:(
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »

jloyd yellow card
ALL d calls against glen
Us defenders huggin up KJ, climbing all over glen, rammin tinto and NOT ONE call he make against d USA, just to name a few

Nah not true... Onyewu was good frustrated because the ref was giving KJ all de calls.

I have no complaints about de ref to be honest... linesman blow ah offside call but dat was it.   Tallest get bounce late and fall like ah ripe mango... dat woulda been ah very soft penalty to give up, wasn't much contact to begin with.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »
have to admit that the ref aint really let that game flow at all. it was hard to watch in the 2nd half. he was calling every damn thing.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 09, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
I don't know who plan the strategy for today's game? but it was well executed, i must say i was totally impressed, we finally got it together, but as usual, too little too late. now we know the formular tuh beat the USA, we should have no excuses next campaign.

Jlloyd was excellent! ah hope he sticks around, the fella made it look so easy. noel was brilliant, what ah work hosre, and his composure on the ball wasn't bad either. spann played to his strenghts and looked the spann of 2005 who played against bahrain, good job silvio.

tinto was very good on defence, he broke up a lot of plays in the midfield and supported spann very well on the right side, he also neutralized donovan with his speed, but was double teamed and contained in the end like he was ronaldo.

carlos was boss as usual, matter of fact the only weak links on the team tonight was clyde leon, daniel and scotty! leon kept giving away the ball time and time again wid his bad passing, what these coaches see in this guy anyway? i don't know,and don't give me the clean up man talk, i'm sure we have another clean up man out there who could @ least make ah productive pass. but all in all, very good stuff, well done latas.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
I don't know who plan the strategy for today's game? but it was well executed, i must say i was totally impressed, we finally got it together, but as usual, too little too late. now we know the formular tuh beat the USA, we should have no excuses next campaign.

Jlloyd was excellent! ah hope he sticks around, the fella made it look so easy. noel was brilliant, what ah work hosre, and his composure on the ball wasn't bad either. spann played to his strenghts and looked the spann of 2005 who played against bahrain, good job silvio.

tinto was very good on defence, he broke up a lot of plays in the midfield and supported spann very well on the right side, he also neutralized donovan with his speed, but was double teamed and contained in the end like he was ronaldo.

carlos was boss as usual, matter of fact the only weak links on the team tonight was clyde leon, daniel and scotty! leon kept giving away the ball time and time again wid his bad passing, what these coaches see in this guy anyway? i don't know,and don't give me the clean up man talk, i'm sure we have another clean up man out there who could @ least make ah productive pass. but all in all, very good stuff, well done latas.

add KJ to d mix. he was like a big stone on d field. was really frustrating watchin him play

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2009, 08:54:44 PM »

jloyd yellow card
ALL d calls against glen

Nah not true... Onyewu was good frustrated because the ref was giving KJ all de calls.

I have no complaints about de ref to be honest... linesman blow ah offside call but dat was it.   Tallest get bounce late and fall like ah ripe mango... dat woulda been ah very soft penalty to give up, wasn't much contact to begin with.

well B&S, from where i was sittin, muhself an other ppl in d stadium was good cussin d ref for d shit calls he was makin. maybe when i look at a replay of d game i mite see it differently but as of now ah will have to say d officiating was in favour of USA  :-\

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
First game in ah long time me eh have to steups and hang my head in shame! This is the best game I see the Soca Warriors play since maybe Sweden '06...is a real shame we never get a win when it matters the most and when we look like we had it in us. Good job guys...I am proud to be a Soca Warrior after watching this game. I could hold my head high when I go to the office tomorrow and face all the old talk from my co-worker. At least I know he cya say we played sh!t.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »
As long as we fight like dis, I have no problem losing.  At last, ah doh have to go to bed grumbling and vex saying we did not try and give it we all.  Trini warriors to de bone.  Some body have to put some obeah on dem blasted goal post.  Damn.  Uncle Sam get lucky.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 09, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »
Fitness still a problem from what I see.
Men was walkin for the last 10 mins.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:20 PM »
Did allyuh hear the conversation between latas and bradly after the game? bradly was asking latas for help against the big guys meaning mexico and costa rica. bradly said, "will you knock of those big guys for us" and latas replied, " yes we will try too." :o anyone else heard?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 09, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »
Did allyuh hear the conversation between latas and bradly after the game? bradly was asking latas for help against the big guys meaning mexico and costa rica. bradly said, "will you knock of those big guys for us" and latas replied, " yes we will try too." :o anyone else heard?

It was more something like "yes, we always try"... yeah, even Harkes mentioned it afterwards that it was a 'classy exchange'.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 09, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »

Bradley have to do what he have to do... I would do the same.. we could send out a U20 team but it wouldnt be fair to Concacaf even though I'm sure Latas will mix the team with young and regulars... that should be done

the incentive for the u20 players should be play well at the cup and get a chance to play in a WCQ away to CR and home to Mex

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »
Fitness still a problem from what I see.
Men was walkin for the last 10 mins.
Ya know Peong
somebody  ;) should start a thread about what it would take to attain what you say
in other words suggestions about improving players fitness
is YEARS now I hearing fellas on here talk that talk and players ent gettin fit
Call it the SWN Fitness Regime
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:47:16 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 09, 2009, 10:39:50 PM »
I give the team a lot of credit but the USA played with a lack of intensity and did not pressure the midfield and backline for large parts of the game. Men had real time to pick passes and wasn't under pressure. I don't think our play was as great as people saying. I do however note less bubbling of the ball. The team as a whole first touch was much improved. Passing and organization on the pitch was way better. Men was actually running in spaces off the ball. Team selection was much improved. The team looked competent on the pitch tonight.   If we look this competent against the faster Spanish teams then I would say Latas did a lot with the little time he had. We were in the game and could have won if we had taken our chances. I still find Glenn need to look for passing options sometimes. Jones fight wasn't there he stop running in the second half.  If we were 3 down I could understand but we were in the game. Excluding the performances under Maturana I think this performance  against the US was par for the course. We always  feel like we had a chance and then the US takes the 3 points. Friendlies would have made a world of difference.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:41:41 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 09, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »
I give the team a lot of credit but the USA played with a lack of intensity and did not pressure the midfield and backline for large parts of the game. Men had real time to pick passes and wasn't under pressure. I don't think our play was as great as people saying. I do however note less bubbling of the ball. The team as a whole first touch was much improved. Passing and organization on the pitch was way better. Men was actually running in spaces off the ball. Team selection was much improved. The team looked competent on the pitch tonight.   If we look this competent against the faster Spanish teams then I would say Latas did a lot with the little time he had. We were in the game and could have won if we had taken our chances. I still find Glenn need to look for passing options sometimes. Jones fight wasn't there he stop running in the second half.  If we were 3 down I could understand but we were in the game. Excluding the performances under Maturana I think this performance  against the US was par for the course. We always  feel like we had a chance and then the US takes the 3 points. Friendlies would have made a world of difference.

that right there is part of our problem. Big teams play to the very end and give 100% even when they 3 down. Case in point Brazil v USA in the Confederations Cup in South Africa(they were actually down 2 at them half)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:02:14 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 09, 2009, 11:12:07 PM »

Bradley have to do what he have to do... I would do the same.. we could send out a U20 team but it wouldnt be fair to Concacaf even though I'm sure Latas will mix the team with young and regulars... that should be done

the incentive for the u20 players should be play well at the cup and get a chance to play in a WCQ away to CR and home to Mex
Yeh i know, but @ least no body can't say they played us wid their C team. on the contrary, they came wid their full arsenal.

somehow ah wish glenn and KJ was on target, since ah woulda like tuh see dem yanks sweat. and in the end it was strange tuh hear that coming from bradley, it came accross kinda desperate.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »
Ricardo Clark revels in first WCQ goal

Ricardo Clark probably couldn't have picked a better goal to open his World Cup qualifying account if he'd tried.

In the second half of the United States - Trinidad and Tobago match, with the dire game looking like it was heading towards a 0-0 draw, Clark received a cutback pass from Landon Donovan. He took a touch to set himself up, then slammed a swerving effort through two defenders and into the corner of the net. That goal stood up as the game winner.

Clark said after the match that he talked to Donovan about making passes such as those.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
I tired ah dis donovan fella yes, that coconut head MDFKR has been hurting us for yrs! he's what yuh call ah real forkin  nemesis!

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 10, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
Please let us atleast have alot of friendlies even if we gotta keep playing Jamaica and beating them i don't wanna be bored with stupid or no friendlies for the next 3 years...

brother, you realise that the last time you beat Jamaica at senior level was about 10 years ago right? Or correct me if i'm wrong...but its gotta be over a decade since T&T beat JAmaica in a world cup qualifier at senior level...I stand corrected.

Anyway, I watched the game in patches.....there was no atmosphere in the stadium whatsoever...might have been a more positive result but for the 12th man factor. I believe the USA also didnt play their typical game...again, due to the lack of adrenaline IMHO

Dispense w/D jamaican 1st Para but d 2nd Para iz on d money.
Good game yes.But we were @ par & d US was sub par.IMO,this
game should serve as our benchmark from which to operate.
But we still lose.Why ? We guilty of Squandermania.This is our
achilese heel.We had equal,if not better posession and certainly
more attempts @ frame.Quality teams does work dey ass off just
to muster up a couple of chances.We had 5,6 good chances but
yet we f*ck dem up.Daiz wah we have to concentrate on.
Gemeh de 3 pts.Fu*k aesthetics,finishing iz we problem.
An where was d 12th man.Abandoned ! Bougie F***ing  ticketholders !So.....

Cosign  © copywrite weary1969
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 10, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
tnt...forever
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 10, 2009, 05:08:52 AM »
*sigh*.....thanks for trying eh fellas.....ah going and start a slide show of mih Germany pics on the pc and watch those for the rest of the day....its an attempt at trying to cure mih depression....*sigh*  :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2009, 08:38:42 AM »

It was more something like "yes, we always try"... yeah, even Harkes mentioned it afterwards that it was a 'classy exchange'.

Yeah I think he also told Latas that we deserved to get something out of the game (something to that effect).  I think we got some respect out of this game.  The U.S. brought in all their big guns in a do or die match, and Latapy got the tactics right for the most part- we were able to slow the game down, stifle the middle of the park with two battling ball winners who forced alot of mistakes from the U.S. midfield, and we used our pace on the wings effectively to be dangerous in attack.  We ran out of gas & ideas in the end, and we lost a bit of composure after conceding, but you would have to say that the U.S. had their hands full for large parts of the game, and I think Bradley was very nervous until the last whistle...Too bad we couldn't play more games at this level throughout the campaign. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What is wrong with the off-side trap?
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
Why is so many defense getting beat on the offside trap a perfect example was the 1st goal Italy scored vs Bulgaria.

One mistake I notice is when the defense are holding the line they are always late to pick up the late runner (third man running) too many times defenders are caught only focusing on the man with the ball.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
MOMENT OF BRILLIANCE: RICARDO CLARK REMEMBERS CRUCIAL 2009 WCQ GOAL VS. TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
USSOCCER.COM

No matter the day or opponent, World Cup Qualifying in CONCACAF is a slog. Without fail, in every cycle games that look to be easy on paper prove to be anything but. The 16-game marathon has its peaks and valleys, and teams that successfully qualify must rely on contributions and moments of brilliance from players they wouldn’t always expect.

For Ricardo Clark, that moment came on Sept. 9, 2009, when he tallied the lone goal in the USA’s crucial 1-0 qualifying victory at Trinidad & Tobago. Heading into the contest, the U.S was part of a log-jam at the top of the Hex table, where the constant parity during that year’s six-team Final Round kept the top four teams separated by only one point.

The match came four days after Bob Bradley’s side earned a 2-1 comeback win against El Salvador, and though Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain isn’t the most daunting venue in CONCACAF, the U.S. was facing a Soca Warriors side that would be eliminated from World Cup contention with a loss.

“It was a game that fans might look past,” Clark remembered. “Of course you’re supposed to get a result against Trinidad. Of course you’re supposed to win. They were in a place where they were fighting for their lives, they were at home and they weren’t a bad team either. Take all those factors – getting a result there was much more difficult than people realize.”

Spurred by their circumstance, T&T came close twice in the first half hour, as Tim Howard made a strong stop on a Kenwyne Jones header in the 27th minute. The Soca Warriors saw their best chance go begging two minutes later, when Cornell Glen broke through the USA back line and lobbed his effort over Howard but back off the crossbar.

The U.S. had dangerous first-half chances of their own through Jozy Altidore and Landon Donovan, but as the game wore on it looked like the odd goal might not come until Clark stepped up.

Just after the hour mark, Donovan penetrated the penalty area on the left before cutting back for the midfielder outside the box. Clark took a touch to get the ball on his right foot before unleashing a blistering strike that that beat the full sprawl of Trinidad goalkeeper Clayton Ince and tucked just inside the right post.

“I figured so long as I hit it on target and with pace, I’d have a great chance for it to go in,” Clark remembered. “Thankfully it did, and it was a cool feeling to help the team move forward in that moment.

“In qualifying, everybody is just playing for the team and trying to contribute the best way they can. I’m thankful I was able to be a part of that. It’s really important for each and everybody to contribute in those moments.”

The moment was made more special because it came in the country Clark’s father Lancelot had spent much of his youth. What’s more, his dad was able to fly in and witness the match himself.

“He had traveled down to watch the game live, so it was already an important moment for me. I hadn’t been back to Trinidad since I was 12 or 13, and just to go back there with the National Team with my dad there in the stands was something I’ll never forget.

The goal was just the second of Clark’s international career and put the U.S. on the cusp of qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. A month later, the team secured its place in South Africa by earning another away victory, this time a 3-2 win in Honduras.

Like Clark on that humid night in Port-of-Spain, the U.S. utilized a brace from Conor Casey to earn the away victory in San Pedro Sula. The goals stood as Casey’s only two international strikes, and represent another clear example of how offerings from a variety of different players are key to a successful qualifying campaign.

“You’re going to need contributions from everybody,” Clark said. “Maybe that’s somebody who hasn’t played as much or doesn’t always score goals. Maybe it’s someone coming for their first cap. It’s a long, lengthy process, and it’s a lot more difficult than people think. When you go away where the circumstances aren’t ideal and sometimes it’s a hostile environment, it’s really difficult. Not everyone is going to have their best game, not everyone is at 100 percent so you’re going to need to grind out games at times and wait for that special moment for somebody to contribute.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah footballing TT padna of mine, didn't know the game was on today. I informed him. Then he asked, who expected to win ? :-\ :-\

I guessing anybody can...Give it your best TT. Until that final whistle blows, is anybody game. No matter how much money, leagues, people, coaches, technology, professionalism , organization or footballs they have...until that final whistle blow and long after many of us backing allyuh still..good luck

1]; } ?>