March 28, 2024, 03:05:11 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (13-Jun-2017)  (Read 18231 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (13-Jun-2017)
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
Not the result we wanted. BUT DAMN GOOD MATCH. Get rid of DJW and we will be ready in 2020..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:00:34 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »
Should have a least taken a point tonight. Boys tried their  best.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »
Allyuh need to look at the 2nd goal again and look at Cyrus's movement or lack thereof....he tried to head a ball that was coming waist high

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »
Boatswain was Costa Rica best defender tonight.  :banginghead:

and this.....dat man stand up offside every time I see until last attack where, joevin ah tink it was, take ah lag in he ass
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:00:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »
once again poor defense shoots us in the foot..........and why d f**k take off joevin
I thought the defense was good for the most part, I found the game to be even, the fewer mistakes won

add: unhappy with the loss, satisfied with the effort..would have liked to see what a KJ dynamic would have brought in this scenario,... and a non Tiefin refree
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:01:34 PM by maxg »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »
Very good second half...

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »
Arcia went de wrong direction on that 2nd goal, almost trip up on himself

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
once again poor defense shoots us in the foot..........and why d f**k take off joevin
I thought the defense was good for the most part, I found the game to be even, the fewer mistakes won

nah ah know but d momentary lapse does be catastrophic in scale every single time
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »
Referee was very poor tonight; We should have had at least 1 penalty if not 2.   >:(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2017, 10:03:18 PM »
We were a handful for the Costa Ricans. Was hoping for a better result. Oh well. The spirited performance is all we can take.  :beermug:

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »
Incredibly, if we win our next two games (Honduras at home and Panama away), we could possibly be in 4th spot.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »
what yuh mean wrong direction...de man was doing the flippin ice capades .... defending 101....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:27 PM »
This game was frustrating. Costa Rica played pretty bad as well. Good effort for the most part. We knocked the ball in the 2nd half.
Too many plays broke down because breddaman was well offside. I eh get how the antique rolls royce still gettin game time
The Ruiz goal was class
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:11:27 PM by Peong »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2017, 10:12:55 PM »
I also thought we lacked that bit of urgency on d counter and in general, if I were to be honest...but still I would concede dat we did not look out matched in either game

as an aside if DJW didn't decide to mash up d team to build it back in he own image, we may have been far better off
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:26:16 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »
I also lacked that bit of urgency on d counter and in general if I were to be honest...but still I would concede dat we did not look out match in either game

as an aside if DJW did decide to mash up d team to build it back in he own image, we may have been far better off

Like you want to get Contro started . ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »
I also lacked that bit of urgency on d counter and in general if I were to be honest...but still I would concede dat we did not look out match in either game

as an aside if DJW did decide to mash up d team to build it back in he own image, we may have been far better off

:D ......but for real all now we shoulda be an aggressive pressin beast team...honestly though dat momentum was lost with d copa failure....and from then DJW start his campaign for change...maybe even before dat, hart core team didn' play together for almost 6mnts at one point due to friendlies outside d window
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:38:31 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2017, 11:01:21 PM »
what yuh mean wrong direction...de man was doing the flippin ice capades .... defending 101....
I was trying to be modest ;D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2017, 11:05:01 PM »
i am beginning to believe that our goal keepers are the main reasons why we taking so many losses just look at the goals that Jan conceded tonight plus that goal from pullisec (or whatever his name us) that beat Jan at the near post, and tonight that 2nd goal a soft soft bloody roller of a goal from 20 yards out with no pace beats Jan simply because he is always out of position, lord knows we need a proper goal keep and a replacement for cyrus.

on another note.......it's like we have the worst luck in football.we seem to gets no calls from the refs it's almost like someone don't want us in their World Cup, plus we lost at least 6 good players in these last two games -Garcia -Abu bakar- Jamal willams and kenwin tonight. what crummy luck we have lord put a hand.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:30:49 PM by pull stones »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2017, 11:21:31 PM »
i am beginning to believe that our goal keepers are the main reasons why we taking so many losses just look at the goals that Jan conceded tonight plus that goal from pullisec (or whatever his name us) that beat Jan at the near post, and tonight that 2nd goal a soft soft bloody roller of a goal from 20 yards out with no pace beats Jan simply because he is always out of position, lord knows we need a proper goal keep and a replacement for cyrus.

on another note.......it's like we have the worst luck in football.we seem to gets no calls from the refs it's almost like someone don't want us in their World Cup, plus we lost at least 6 good players in these last two fame -Garcia -Abu bakar- Jamal willams and kenwin tonight. what crummy luck we have lord put a hand.
everynight after every game I'does wake wifey and say lehwe make a buffon,messi,Ronaldo or even a  pulisic, just to please some ah allyuh,and she does say, "Man ah sleeping, move yuh ole drunk self and go to sleep". So ah guess is up to you. Boss, almost every coach realize this is our best, live with it.  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2017, 05:31:29 AM »
As I more sober this morning, the 2 players you referred to , imo playing better than they ever did.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2017, 06:26:44 AM »
pull stones, Breds, I beg to differ here. Cyrus has been playing good lately. And Jan has been superb. Some of the scoreline would have been worse had it not been for Jan. The problem with our team is a little bit of everything. We (TTFA) were not and are never prepared for all eventualities. Injuries, discipline issues, the ongoing money issues, foreign clubs stiffing us with player releases. And I would not mention coaching issues. Our team just not ready. They are a decent squad of individual players, but the coach just don't have enough time with the team.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:32:41 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »
Boatswain green like cayenne guava.  He's got a long way to go.  He must improve his decision making in the final third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

Aye, I starting to believe contro conspiracy...DJW talk to all the referees to tief we  :D :D
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »
Boatswain green like cayenne guava.  He's got a long way to go.  He must improve his decision making in the final third.

He need plenty friendlies

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »
The boys deserved a point from that match! They had some good chances and Costa Rica had a few, however that was a brilliant goal by Ruiz. Now I see men pounding up Botswain....yeah he was offside alot, however he did have good energy and tried to do the right things. I like his selection by Lawrence, thought he should have started Hyland as he is our best centre mid.. Onto defence, we played decent.......however Cyrus way too slow and past his shelf life. Onto subs......... why oh why did you bring on Edwards .......way past his shelf life. You took off Jones, who was having decent game.

I think we can pull off some wins in the next couple games it would do alot for the teams confidence.

ps... Is Garcia injured ?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2017, 08:59:38 AM »
The boys deserved a point from that match! They had some good chances and Costa Rica had a few, however that was a brilliant goal by Ruiz. Now I see men pounding up Botswain....yeah he was offside alot, however he did have good energy and tried to do the right things. I like his selection by Lawrence, thought he should have started Hyland as he is our best centre mid.. Onto defence, we played decent.......however Cyrus way too slow and past his shelf life. Onto subs......... why oh why did you bring on Edwards .......way past his shelf life. You took off Jones, who was having decent game.

I think we can pull off some wins in the next couple games it would do alot for the teams confidence.

ps... Is Garcia injured ?
Straddling d offside line and gettin ketch is one ting........standing 2 yards offside and not in realizing it is completely different....stern had that issue at times but no way as bad as boatswain was last night......we in d middle of ah fast counter and you friggin standing up two friggin yards offside and join d play......steups

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (13-Jun-2017)
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »
De man was offside by a mile for one play, and instead of not trying to interfere with play, he proceeded to take the ball from the oncoming player.  That is simply unacceptable; common sense must prevail.  Maybe he was a bit nerved by the occasion.  I don't know.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
That is simply unacceptable; common sense must prevail.

tenor, could not say it any better!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »
I watched the full 90 yesterday. We have come a long way. The commentators even said that we played better than the Ticos. Cant recall a game where we had that many shots playing in Costa rica.

There is promise for this team. Maybe not 2018 Russia. But once we get our ducks in a row, we will be a force to reckon with.

I think if we were in the Gold Cup, we would have done very well. Very well.

Conspiracy, sabotage.. Imagine if things were running the right way it is supposed to for a national set up..

I smell a point in Azteca.  ;)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »
Dennis balls up the game.

He left Hyland, Boucaud and George on the Bench for Gonzales and Arcia...come nah man.

As Hyland come on half time we were a different unit, had Costa Rica on the backfoot.

Then with 10 min to go...yuh take off joevin for Carlos...pure fckry!

We try and we run hard, I liked the fight and commitment, but Costa Rica quality showed big time. Navas save them in POS and did so again last night.

Every good team needs a good goalscorer and keeper....we have neither, hence the position we in. But until better can be done, let the worse continue.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>