March 28, 2024, 02:51:24 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (13-Jun-2017)  (Read 18223 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (13-Jun-2017)
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »
I assume he sub Joevin because he carrying a knock or out of shape. Don't understand why you would take him off otherwise.

Lewis had a nice game
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
I eh want to just criticize the young man, I saw positives from Boatswain. He was willing to make forward runs which were effective. He was quick and stretched the defense at times. A lesser keeper would not have kept out all those good shots we had on goal.
Our defense also out-muscled CR most of the time. That was good to see.
I thought Jan had a good game too. Ruiz shot was well-placed and unexpected.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
Dennis balls up the game.

He left Hyland, Boucaud and George on the Bench for Gonzales and Arcia...come nah man.

As Hyland come on half time we were a different unit, had Costa Rica on the backfoot.

Then with 10 min to go...yuh take off joevin for Carlos...pure fckry!

We try and we run hard, I liked the fight and commitment, but Costa Rica quality showed big time. Navas save them in POS and did so again last night.

Every good team needs a good goalscorer and keeper....we have neither, hence the position we in. But until better can be done, let the worse continue.

Leaving those key players out, has us wondering whether there are others influencing Tallest on making those decisions. His strategy though, was not that bad. It probably would have worked in our favor on another night. To be quite honest, I was expecting the Ticos to win by at least 2 or 3 goals. I also expected us to be dominated by the Ticos. Perhaps injecting one of those players would have been the thing we needed.

And yes, Edwards in for Jones.. WRONG!

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2017, 04:40:46 PM »
While that first goal by Costa Rica was well designed, the Warriors should have done better to defend against the header. Maybe that is why it worked in the first place. Tthe Costa Ricans probably scouted T&T and knew the tendencies of defenders to not mark players. Anyway, I want to toss out this question to goalkeepers number one, or the experts who might know because I am old-school on this: Why do goalkeepers, (as did Jan Michael), stay on their lines and not attack balls anywhere in the air in the goal area? Are they leaving it up to their defenders or do they honestly think they have good odds on stopping a header from such close range? And if in doubt why not get the ball yourself when its in the air in the area with that goalkeeping edict in mind: Never leave your line and get caught in no-man's land.

To me, a goalkeeper who intercepts crosses that close, forces the other team to pull the ball back and that is always good for goalkeepers. Not so?

Besides, attackers know most likely their attack is ended when the goalie has control of the the ball. Not so too?

1]; } ?>