March 28, 2024, 03:57:14 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (6-Oct-2017)  (Read 10123 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (6-Oct-2017)
« on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:36 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs Mexico game in Mexico on the 6th of October 2017 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Gregory Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC/USA) and Glenroy Samuel (Morvant Caledonia United);

Defenders:

Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC/Honduras), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada FC/USA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force FC), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Kareem Moses (North Carolina FC/USA), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids/USA), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars), Josiah Trimmingham (Club Sando);

Midfielders:

Neil Benjamin Jr. (W Connection), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar/Holland), Khaleem Hyland (Al-Faisaly Harmah/Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders/USA), Jared London (Club Sando), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United/USA), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Leston Paul (Pasaquina FC/El Salvador), Kathon St. Hillaire (St. Ann's Rangers);

Forwards:

Trevin Caesar (Sacramento Republic FC/USA), Akeem Roach (CD Vida/Honduras), Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC/Mexico).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence.

Mexico Squad

Goalkeepers

Rodolfo Cota (Chivas), Guillermo Ochoa (Standard Liege), Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul).

Defenders

Nestor Araujo (Santos Laguna), Diego Reyes (Porto), Edson Alvarez (Club America), Hugo Ayala (Tigres), Jesus Gallardo (Pumas), Hector Moreno (Roma), Oswaldo Alanis (Chivas), Carlos Salcedo (Eintracht Frankfurt), Miguel Layun (Porto).

Midfielders

Jonathan dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Andres Guardado (Real Betis), Hector Herrera (FC Porto), Erick Gutierrez (Pachuca), Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Elias Hernandez (Leon).

Forwards

Javier Aquino (Tigres), Jesus Manuel Corona (FC Porto), Javier Hernandez (West Ham), Raul Jimenez (Benfica), Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven), Carlos Vela (Real Sociedad), Oribe Peralta (Club America).

Coach - Juan Carlos Osorio.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:59:41 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (6-Oct-2017)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
Hillaire, Trimmingham among 23-man T&T roster for Mexico and USA qualifiers.
ttproleague.com

Dutch-based winger Levi Garcia has returned to the Trinidad and Tobago national team set up, selected among a 23-man roster by head coach Dennis Lawrence for closing 2018 World Cup Qualifiers against Mexico and the United States on October 6 and 10 respectively.

Lawrence has also included newcomers in former T&T Under-20 players Kathon St. Hillaire, a 19-year-old rising talent at MIC-IT St. Ann's Rangers and Josiah Trimmingham, a powerfully-built 20-year-old centre back who recently moved from San Juan Jabloteh to Club Sando in the August transfer window.

Meanwhile Finland-based Aubrey David and striker Jamille Boatswain, who is attached to Costa Rica's LD Alajuelense, have been dropped for the upcoming WCQs.

David and Boatswain “were suspended for the upcoming matches after violating team policy during the build-up to the last WCQ versus Honduras” stated a press release from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

It is reported that David and Boatswain participated in a minor league match before Trinidad and Tobago’s crucial WCQ against Honduras.

Both players started in T&T's 2-1 loss against Honduras on Sep. 1 in Couva but were unused substitutes in a 3-0 loss in Panama four days later which completely ended the Soca Warriors' World Cup 2018 hopes.

T&T are bottom of the Concacaf Hex with just three points. Mexico (18 points), already qualified for Russia 2018, leads the group followed by, in descending order, Costa Rica (15 points), Panama (10 points) and United States and Honduras (9 points).

The TTFA said that David and Boatswain have since apologised and volunteered to donate their match fees to a charity of their choice.

“I really want to apologise to the nation and the people I disappointed with my actions," David is quoted by the press release. “(...) and I know every action has a reaction and I have accepted the decision of the TTFA.

“I want to put this behind me and look forward to representing Trinidad and Tobago again,” concluded the PS Kemi defender.

T&T meanwhile, must travel to the city of San Luis Potosi in Mexico to take on the hosts at the Estadio Alfonso Lastras (from 9:30pm TT time) on Oct 6 before returning home to welcome USA at the Ato Boldon Stadium four days later from 8pm due to lighting problems at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Garcia, who opted out of the last two WCQs in order to fully recover from injury, said, "I am fit and ready to go for Trinidad and Tobago. I spoke to the coach and was happy to be included as I always welcome the opportunity to play for my country."

The AZ Alkmaar forward added, "I must admit it’s disappointing that we will not be going to the World Cup but we have to lift our heads and look to the future, plus we have to make a statement by playing good football in the two final games and get six points."

Trinidad and Tobago 23-Man Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Gregory Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC/USA) and Glenroy Samuel (Morvant Caledonia United);

Defenders:

Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC/Honduras), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada FC/USA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force FC), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids/USA), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars), Josiah Trimmingham (Club Sando);

Midfielders:

Neil Benjamin Jr. (W Connection), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar/Holland), Khaleem Hyland (Al-Faisaly Harmah/Saudi Arabia), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders/USA), Jared London (Club Sando), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United/USA), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Leston Paul (Pasaquina FC/El Salvador), Kathon St. Hillaire (St. Ann's Rangers);

Forwards:

Trevin Caesar (Sacramento Republic FC/USA), Akeem Roach (CD Vida/Honduras), Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC/Mexico).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico at full strength for final World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:48:14 AM »
Mexico at full strength for final World Cup Qualifiers
fourfourtwo.com

Juan Carlos Osorio has opted against resting some of Mexico's star names for the next round of World Cup qualifiers, despite El Tri having already qualified for Russia 2018.

Mexico are unbeaten in their eight matches in the final round of qualifying and sit top of the table with two games to play.

With qualification already assured some had expected Osorio to rest the likes of Javier Hernandez and Miguel Layun, but he has named a full-strength squad for the matches at home to Trinidad and Tobago and away at Honduras next month.

That means European-based Hernandez and Layun will feature, along with the latter's Porto team-mates Hector Herrera, Jesus Corona and Diego Reyes.

MLS stars Jonathan and Giovani dos Santos are also included, but Rafael Marquez remains absent.

Marquez did not feature in Osorio's previous squad despite support from the Mexican Football Federation after being sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury for his alleged support of a drug trafficking organisation – a charge he denies.

Mexico squad:
Rodolfo Cota (Chivas), Guillermo Ochoa (Standard Liege), Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul); Nestor Araujo (Santos Laguna), Diego Reyes (Porto), Edson Alvarez (Club America), Hugo Ayala (Tigres), Jesus Gallardo (Pumas), Hector Moreno (Roma), Oswaldo Alanis (Chivas), Carlos Salcedo (Eintracht Frankfurt), Miguel Layun (Porto); Jonathan dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Andres Guardado (Real Betis), Hector Herrera (FC Porto), Erick Gutierrez (Pachuca), Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Elias Hernandez (Leon); Javier Aquino (Tigres), Jesus Manuel Corona (FC Porto), Javier Hernandez (West Ham), Raul Jimenez (Benfica), Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven), Carlos Vela (Real Sociedad), Oribe Peralta (Club America).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:29:54 AM »
Ah not even remotely interested in this match, but ah cyah ignore it. How we got to this point is a crime against football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:20:07 AM »
Like Machel say, "We not giving up". What kind of Warriors are we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUsWq-7jPU

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:33:47 AM »
Ah not even remotely interested in this match, but ah cyah ignore it. How we got to this point is a crime against football.

We looking at a minimum of 4-0

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 09:23:21 AM »
This does not look like mexico, are they in camp in colorado again?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 09:31:46 AM »

maybe not. mexico is not as quick and explosive as the hondurans and the panamanians so we might be able to contain them providing that we have the right keeper in the goal post(hopefully its ranjitsingh) I like this young squad and just maybe we might give a good showing now that the pressure to win is off.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
Might be able to contain them???   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: REALLY ok, that remains to be seen. I just hope we could keep the score under 3 in both MEXICO and then US, because lawd we played enough BS this year against Honduras and Panama I cannot see a way to contain or control these teams all I see is CONCEDE!!!

I am not optimistic at all SORRY WARRIORS, going to watch but don't expect much!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »
New Keeper, !!! new players!!!  , with little or no experience especially against US and Mexico, I was hoping we could go out with a good fight but I dont't see how

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »

maybe not. mexico is not as quick and explosive as the hondurans and the panamanians so we might be able to contain them providing that we have the right keeper in the goal post(hopefully its ranjitsingh) I like this young squad and just maybe we might give a good showing now that the pressure to win is off.

"Mexico not as quick and explosive as Honduras and Panama" What the hell are you smoking 2 Pull? Mexico score 11 goals so far in this Hex, the quick and explosive Honduras and Panama have scored 9 and 7 respectively. You think a young inexperienced squad can surprise a squad with 10 European based players from clubs like Roma, West Ham and FC Porto. You probably still believe in Santa Claus and the tooth Ferry.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
Cuantos?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 10:10:36 PM »
New Keeper, !!! new players!!!  , with little or no experience especially against US and Mexico, I was hoping we could go out with a good fight but I dont't see how
we'll see.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »

"Mexico not as quick and explosive as Honduras and Panama" What the hell are you smoking 2 Pull? Mexico score 11 goals so far in this Hex, the quick and explosive Honduras and Panama have scored 9 and 7 respectively. You think a young inexperienced squad can surprise a squad with 10 European based players from clubs like Roma, West Ham and FC Porto. You probably still believe in Santa Claus and the tooth Ferry.
ok then, time will tell the tale.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 01:45:39 AM »
Gonzales wants to be solid against Mexico.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Defender Curtis Gonzales is looking forward to a solid performance when T&T’s Soca Warriors face Mexico in a World Cup qualifier, October 6 at the Estadio Alfonso Lastras in San Luis Potosi.

The encounter will be a matter of merely following formality as the Soca Warriors can no longer qualify for the world’s biggest football stage, with three points from eight matches and have two more games to complete their unsuccessful campaign.

Gonzales, a member of T&T Pro League outfit Defence Force, is among a cadre of new talent called by national coach Dennis Lawrence as he charts a new direction in the sport and looks forward to the 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifiers. The usually-steady centre back’s responsibility will be two-fold, he will attempt to defend his country as a soldier and player.

In an recent interview Gonzales said “I am a soldier first but I take great pride in being called to the national team because I will not only be representing my country but the T&T Defence Force as well, so I take great pride and pleasure in what I do.”

His performance on the country’s next two matches against Mexico and later United States on October 10 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, will be made easier by the good relationships he share with his team-mates, including defensive midfielder Khaleem Hyland, who plays for K.V.C. Westerlo in the Belgian First Division B League. He said he is expecting the Mexicans to come with their A-game which is why he must be solid in the back.

Meanwhile Hurricane Relief Tickets for the TT/USA match, designed to provide assistance to Caribbean countries hard-hit by hurricanes Irma and Maria, went on sale yesterday (Wednesday).

The initiative by both the TTFA and the Lions Club of T&T allows football fans going to see the TT/USA game to help our regional neighbours by purchasing tickets that will allow them to see the match and provide four items for people of the affected countries. These items include water, 20 x 24 tarpaulins, collapsible water containers (5 gallons), bleach (1 Litre), mops with handles, push brooms with handles, disinfectant (1 Litre), mopping liquid (1 Litre), mosquito repellent, canned food items (Sardine, Tuna, Corn Beef, Soup), packaged dry goods (Cereal, Crackers), disposable diapers, cloth diapers with pins, baby powder, vaseline, baby wipes, bottled baby food, pacifiers, baby aspirin, Tylenol, matches (by the carton), buckets (5 gallons), rubbing alcohol (1 Litre), zip lock bags (boxes) and paper towels (by the carton) among others.

For the uncovered stands which costs $150 for entry, fans will will be allowed to see the match with $100 and four items on the ODPM list, while for the covered stands, entry can be gained by paying $200 and four items on the ODPM list. Tickets can be purchased at any NLCB outlet.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 09:34:51 AM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
They call W Connection player Alvin Jones and he suspended for this game.

I feel Kareem Moses worth ah shot.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »

including defensive midfielder Khaleem Hyland, who plays for K.V.C. Westerlo in the Belgian First Division B League.

Alibey always get his info wrong

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »
Game on FS1 at 9:30pm....I'm sure it will be on a few Spanish channels as well.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »

including defensive midfielder Khaleem Hyland, who plays for K.V.C. Westerlo in the Belgian First Division B League.

Alibey always get his info wrong

He's as smart as a bag of rocks Smdh

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 04:08:42 AM »
Moses joins T&T to face Mexico tonight.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The inclusion of North Carolina FC defender Kareem Moses completes T&T’s unit to face Mexico tonight at 9:40pm TT time in the FIFA World Cup qualifier at the Estadio Alfonso Lastras in San Luis Potosi.

Moses whose North Carolina FC campaigns in the North American Soccer League, was a last-minute addition by coach Dennis Lawrence as cover for suspended defender Alvin Jones. The W Connection defence man was given a straight red card for a vicious tackle in the qualifying game against Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva last month and Lawrence picked him as part of a 25-man squad, after it was felt he had served the mandatory one-match suspension for a red card when he missed the Panama game on September 5.

But the Disciplinary Committee of the FIFA, the world governing body for the sport, ruled that Jones had to serve another suspension which will be against Mexico. Moses, a former St Ann’s Rangers and North East Stars defender last wore the red, white and black of T&T back in 2013. He was in action last weekend, putting in a solid performance with an assist for their opening goal in a 5-0 victory over Indy Eleven.

The Soca Warriors are unlikely to have defender Mikeil Williams for tonight’s encounter after he picked up an injury while playing for his for his club, while feverish attempts were being made Wednesday to have C.D. Pasaquina central midfielder Leston Paul recover in time from a virus that left him struggling for the past few days. The Soca Warriors will produce a virtually new team, with some 10 starters out, as Lawrence has shifted his focus on developing a team for the 2022 qualifiers.

T&T have just three points from a 1-0 victory over Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in March and cannot qualify. Its last game against the Mexicans at the same venue ended in a controversial 0-1 lost when Joevin Jones thunderous left footed goal from outside the box was disallowed for him being off-side, when video replays clearly showed the speedy winger was onside.

That defeat added to countless others by a T&T team against Mexico at the world cup qualifiers. The Warriors only successes at the qualifiers against the Mexicans came during the 1974 qualifiers when T&T got a double strike from Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings in the 35th and 39th minutes and a goal apiece from Steve David (52nd) and Warren Archibald in the 62nd to clobber Mexico 4-0. And later in 2005, striker Stern John, now the Soca Warriors assistant coach, also scored twice to beat Mexico 2-1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium to send TT into a play-off with Bahrain.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 07:16:30 AM »
Where can i watch d game in t&t?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »
We really looking forward to the next 2 games? I hope we get a good pounding. Maybe that might be the catalyst to begin the process of getting the dictator out of his post.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
We really looking forward to the next 2 games? I hope we get a good pounding. Maybe that might be the catalyst to begin the process of getting the dictator out of his post.
question... When last we received a good pounding at hone? maybe in mexico but not at home. and even if we were to lose by double digits DJW does not strike me as the type to resign out of shame and I'm wary that he would last his full term and would be looking forward to a second.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
Get Kareem in for Curtis, the man has been sus in every single game i've seen him play for t&t. He's not an international level defender. Not yet anyway.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »
question... When last we received a good pounding at hone? maybe in mexico but not at home. and even if we were to lose by double digits DJW does not strike me as the type to resign out of shame and I'm wary that he would last his full term and would be looking forward to a second.

I know that DJW will not resign after a pounding. But maybe a pounding will bring attention to the situation that DJW has put us in.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
You know things are really low and bad when a Match Day thread only has one page on the actual match day.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »
You know things are really low and bad when a Match Day thread only has one page on the actual match day.
For real....to make matters worse, Iceland is on the verge of qualifying and if they do they'll claim the title as the smallest nation to qualify.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »

My sentiments exactly.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>