March 28, 2024, 11:33:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Oct-2017)  (Read 36734 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Oct-2017)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »
give away 4 tickets to every SSFL player so they and they family could go and watch the game. That should full up the stadium.

In 4 years we will need some of them same players to be on the field.

This is where the dreams start from.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
WATCH: ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop says the U.S. men's team has no excuse not to beat Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1lcqJgf1g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lo1lcqJgf1g</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »
I wonder if our players even listen to the way how these other countries in concacaf belittle and marginalize them and toss them aside like rubbish, where is their pride I wonder? I know I would play like a man on steroids if I knew my opponents took me that lightly. they had the chance to beat mexico in mexico and blew it let me see if they do the same vs the usa, and if they do then they don't ever deserve the support of the local fan base because it's high time they give the public something to cheer about other than that 1-0 nail bitter vs panama.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:22:35 AM by pull stones »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Flooding at de Ato Boldon Stadium

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:31:42 AM by Tallman »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
Those images gonna get plastered all over the US and other international media. Gonna be a hot take on a number of sports talk programs.

Welcome to Trinidad folks!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
    Those images gonna get plastered all over the US and other international media. Gonna be a hot take on a number of sports talk programs.

and rightfully so. we're too bloody lazy and disregardful as a people and we need to be shamed.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
I could only imagine the condescending discourse taking place with those heady high minded yanks and the laughter and how they must see us as absolute jokey third world gumbies. and this opposition leader has the nerve to talk about she did a good job and wants to lead the country for a second time when our nation falls apart every time it rains with no proper drainage anywhere. these politicians should be so ashamed of themselves. BTW thank DJW for another big blunder. bloody monkey man.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »

but we turning sod on new field and hotel and other major projects in area, yet we can't maintain the stuff we have..so build more, brand new and spanking, do mind the over budgets..hire new coaches, even if we still owe the ones we fire, start new programs and plans, after we invest in tons of old ones..constant flip man, and when somebody say boo, we will flip and jump in something new..we not backward, we dun lap everybody.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »
Welcome to your "home of football" citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
I could only imagine the condescending discourse taking place with those heady high minded yanks and the laughter and how they must see us as absolute jokey third world gumbies. and this opposition leader has the nerve to talk about she did a good job and wants to lead the country for a second time when our nation falls apart every time it rains with no proper drainage anywhere. these politicians should be so ashamed of themselves. BTW thank DJW for another big blunder. bloody monkey man.
Is it really condescending if it is the truth?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
Let's hope the lights working tomorrow night.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA concerned about the state of the Ato Boldon Stadium ahead of USA World Cup Qualifier
TTFA Media

"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has noted with concern several social media posts by the U.S Soccer team’s official Twitter account.

These posts highlighted rain water around the track which was the only area so affected at the Ato Boldon Stadium, the match venue for Tuesday night’s World Cup Qualifying Match between Trinidad and Tobago and the United States.

The posts however failed to note the adverse weather patterns which the country faced over several days leading up to today.

General Secretary for the TTFA, Justin Latapy-George confirms that “the Stadium Management and the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago were aware of the situation and at that time were working on pumping the water off the track.”

Further, although the water basin on the track around the field was visibly high, the decision to use or not use the field is at the discretion of the Match Commissioner.

TTFA Media can reliably report that despite the high-water table, the US team used the field for training following which the stadium management expressed concern as to the condition following this training session.

However, The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association continues to work alongside Stadium Management to prepare the facility for tomorrow’s planned game and all parties are confident the game will be contested."

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »
Where Contro? Look the stadium flooding breds....Another conspiracy to "keep black man down"....

Hahaha....Ya don't have to plot against incompetence breds.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
I wonder if our players even listen to the way how these other countries in concacaf belittle and marginalize them and toss them aside like rubbish, where is their pride I wonder? I know I would play like a man on steroids if I knew my opponents took me that lightly. they had the chance to beat mexico in mexico and blew it let me see if they do the same vs the usa, and if they do then they don't ever deserve the support of the local fan base because it's high time they give the public something to cheer about other than that 1-0 nail bitter vs panama.

We in the same football region as the most powerful country in the world. It's the same way ppl here talk about "small islanders". We have to acknowledge how small we really are in this game and work towards changing that. A lot of people in our society have an inflated sense of self. We are no where close to being taken seriously in football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
So what if it floods. Not that I on DJW side. The US played CR a couple years ago in a snow storm. Their media never called the USSF any dumb names. We have had one of the wettest rainy season in the the hemisphere. Not to mention all the hurricanes. All those in the US who talk about us in contempt, suffer from convenient amnesia. f--k them. The TT women's team flew all the way to Hawaii to play the US team. The field was f--ked up. Anybody called the US a 3rd world nation?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:30 PM »
If it were the other way around I would be laughing too.
Did they use a dinghy to get across the track cuz I know it have no Ferry  ;D

So it have no chance to move this back to HCS?

Delaying this game gives the US a big advantage to know what result they need no?
Panama should be concerned.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »
I glad USSF make us out with d photos.... Is only when we get embarrassed, then we do something.... No different than man bunnin tyre in protest to get ole rd fix...

DJW is a damn Jack ass, after the last nightmare against Honduras, they still gone back to this water hole.. This game should have never been played here... I feel I parking on the highway yes, eh able to spend another hour just trying to get out of d stadium..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:17:51 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 04:01:47 PM »
So what if it floods. Not that I on DJW side. The US played CR a couple years ago in a snow storm. Their media never called the USSF any dumb names. We have had one of the wettest rainy season in the the hemisphere. Not to mention all the hurricanes. All those in the US who talk about us in contempt, suffer from convenient amnesia. f--k them. The TT women's team flew all the way to Hawaii to play the US team. The field was f--ked up. Anybody called the US a 3rd world nation?

Deeks a snow storm is a natural disaster. Stadium flooding after a couple minutes of rain is poor infrastructure and maintenance. They can't be compared.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
Dude, rain is a natural occurrence also.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:58 AM »
Where Contro? Look the stadium flooding breds....Another conspiracy to "keep black man down"....

Hahaha....Ya don't have to plot against incompetence breds.

A little flood won’t stop the bobol, rain snow or shine the us team destined for the world cup

Our house negroes and Indians made sure of that, they can play in qp and our licks still book, you think corruption is a joke thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:48 AM »
Football president peeved by US complaints.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Infuriated by claims that T&T will be putting them to play in a river at the Ato Boldon Stadium, T&T Football Association president David John-Williams has lashed out at the US national football team and questioned whether it was a sign that they were pressing the panic button.

An angry John Williams responded to the US team’s decision to put pictures on social media of the tracks at the Ato Boldon Stadium filled with water, a dilemma that was caused by early-morning showers yesterday.

The TTFA boss said he was very disappointed with the complaints by the US team and made it clear the field itself was not flooded.

According to John-Williams he did not hear the US team complain when it played in conditions worse than theirs against Costa Rica recently.

He believes the USA’s disappointment may have stemmed from their inability to use the ground to train yesterday ahead of today’s encounter, which is more crucial for them as they need victory to be assured a place in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia next year.

The US are on 12 points and face being overtaken by fourth place Panama who, with ten points, will be at home to Costa Rica at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City.

The Costa Ricans have already qualified and are likely to field an under-strength team today. T&T on the other, cannot qualify and has shifted its focus to the 2022 qualifiers for the Qatar World Cup.

John-Williams told Guardian Media Sports yesterday that he would love to spoil the party for the Americans tonight.

A release from the Sport Company of T&T yesterday sought to clear the air on the US concerns, saying FIFA Match Commissioner Hector Canchola Nunez conferred with ABS Facility Manager Jeffrey John and concluded that the training sessions of both the US and TT team be changed to the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella to ensure players’ safety, due to heavy rains.

The US team was set to work out at 11 am. The release stated however that the visitors disregarded warnings and practiced.

The TTFA has since secured the use of a water pump to flush the tracks while the SporTT has requested the services of the Couva/Talparo Regional Corporation and the Office of Disaster and Preparedness to be on standby.

John-Williams sent a message to the US camp, saying at the TTFA they did not have control over the weather conditions, and pointed to the recent Costa Rica and Honduras encounter which was postponed and played a day later due to similar circumstances.

RELATED NEWS

Team USA meets ‘river’ at Ato Boldon Stadium.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

Former legendary sprinter Ato Boldon says the flooding at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva today, is a situation that could have happened anywhere in the world with the amount of rainfall that Trinidad has been experiencing in the last few months.

The track at surrounding the Ato Boldon football field was surrounded by water on the running track which caused numerous negative comments on social media. In an interview with Newsday Boldon said he felt angry about the situation initially when he was informed that there was a lot of rain.

"I woke up this morning to that all over my Twitter, and I was a little annoyed at first because I felt like this supposed to be a fun week for me, because the US team playing in that stadium is kind of a thrill for me," Boldon said.

"I have since spoken to people who live in the area and they said, 'Listen, you don't understand the kind of rain that has been falling there.' Stadia flood all over the world so I am looking at it a bit differently now. No amount of drainage would have probably helped that situation."

Asked if some of the comments on social media were harsh Boldon said, "Everybody thinks global warming is a hoax until it affects something big, or something you do for a living."

At the venue today, US footballers were seen shuttling teammates across the water on their backs, much to the amusement of their travelling media contingent who were busy snapping pictures and filming.

Their #RoadToRussia campaign on the US Soccer official Twitter account was altered to #RiverToRussia as Trinbagonians and people from all over the world laughed at the state of the venue for a World Cup qualifying match.

The decision to shift national team home games from the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain to the Couva venue was done by Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams and has come in for criticism from several stakeholders.

On the field, T&T are yet to win a game and fans have not flocked to the smaller venue to create the sold-out hostile atmosphere John-Williams intended.

National coach Dennis Lawrence said this morning he does not anticipate the condition of the ground to play any part in the match as both teams have to play on it.

USA team officials and players contemplate whether to walk through the flooded track area to get to the field at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva this morning. PHOTO COURTESY US SOCCER

Photo: A USSF tweet shows players being given piggy-back rides to the Ato Boldon Stadium field on 9 October 2017.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:42:54 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 01:43:31 AM »
Muckette replaces Molino as T&T looks for result.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

National coach Dennis Lawrence has made one obvious change in his team to face the United States in today’s crucial FIFA World Cup qualifier at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain Couva, the new home of football in T&T.

Duane Muckette, the former national under 20 midfielder has come in for suspended Kevin Molino, and defender Mekeil Williams, who plays for the Colorado Rapids in the Major League Soccer has returned to his club because of an injury he joined the team with a few days ago. Apart from that the Soca Warriors will be represented by a fully fit and ready team tonight from 8 pm.

At a press conference at the Ato Boldon Stadium yesterday Lawrence has impressed on his charges the need to be much better on and off the ball, as it was this and lapses in concentration that cost them full three points against Mexico at the Estadio Alfonso Lastras in San Luis Potosi on Friday.

“It is very important that we put in a team performance if we are to get a result” Lawrence said.

In addition to major set-back in defence which the ex-national defender turn coach, promised they will be working on, he said another main concern he has is the ability of American midfielder Michael Bradley who can take over the midfield as it is what he does best, as well as attacking midfielder Christian Pulisic, who will hold the key to the US qualification.

“Pulisic is key to what the US are trying to achieve and he is one that we have to pay close attention to.

“If you look at the goal scoring ratio, he has scored most of the goals as well as Jozi Altidore and Bradley, but Pulisic, we will have pay close attention to him and try to manage it and keep him out of the game” Lawrence explained.

The TT team has struggled to play well consistently, as was evident against the Mexicans where it held the home team to a 1-0 advantage under high altitude conditions until the 79th minute, before receiving three unanswered goals in the space of 11 minutes to surrender maximum points.

Lawrence said though he took pride in the performance of the players early on, it was not the way to win football matches and called for an overall team performance to guard against some players, not having good games on a given day.

He gave the assurance his team would attempt to correct these defensive lapses tonight.

RELATED NEWS

T&T look to upset USA.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago and USA will meet in another World Cup qualifier, but unlike 1989, only USA can book a spot at the World Cup as TT will simply aim for a consolation win after a dismal run of form recently.

The teams will square off at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva from 8 pm, tonight. In 1989 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, TT only needed a draw and USA required a win to qualify for the 1990 Italy World Cup. On that occasion USA edged TT 1-0 to book a spot in Italy.

TT are out of contention for the 2018 Russia World Cup, as they lie sixth and last with three points in the CONCACAF final round of qualifying. USA are third on 12 points and a win will seal qualification. If USA lose and Panama and Honduras win tonight, the Americans will miss the World Cup. Honduras will face Mexico in Honduras and Panama will play Costa Rica in Panama.

Lawrence said he is not concerned about spoiling USA’s chances of qualifying. Rather, he wants to see his team end the campaign on a high.

“Our motivation at the moment is for ourselves, we owe it to our country to ensure that we go out and perform at a certain level. I think the motivation behind it is we have to try and stop the (poor) run that we are on.”

The TT coach plans to start building for the future and as a result some inexperienced players may feature tonight. “We need to start integrating some of the young players which we have done in the last squad. We still trying to encourage young players, but obviously the main thing is we need to go out and ensure that we put in a 110 percent performance to try and get a result.”

Lawrence said one of the keys to victory is stopping USA’s top players such as Christian Pulisic, Jozy Altidore and Michael Bradley.

TT captain for today’s game, Khaleem Hyland, recalled the last match against Mexico which saw TT go ahead 1-0 in the 2nd half only to lose 1-3. “It was a great performance for us defensively up until the 80th minute. One or two minor details or mistakes cost us the game and that is something we need to improve on but the effort is there as the team did everything they could against such opponents.”

He continued, “We want to stay focused and we know our situation as we prepare for the future. They (USA) have to come all out and try to get the victory and hopefully we can end the campaign on a good note by causing an upset.”

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:48:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 04:16:57 AM »
Re Molino,

it's a pity, he's a general in the midfield and he makes things happen up front.

I believe we can upset the US but we just making it easier and easier for them.

Having said that Gonzales on the right was a good addition. In tandem with JJ and KM we would've been good on counters.

Oh well....Good luck Warriors.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 04:39:14 AM »

Believe or hope?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 05:40:24 AM »
I remember USA played Costa Rica is dead snow in Colorado a few years ago, the ball could have hardly move and now water on the track and they making it an issue.

However, I hope that the TTFA seeing that Ato Boldon Stadium is now T&T's official home I hope they do something about the drainage system the stadium because it could ruin the field, ground and grass as well.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 09:35:56 AM »
the Federation eff up (as usual), but US media acting as if is only the US will be on the paddy field tonight. Unless the T&T team are water fowl and have an advantage.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
Re Molino,

it's a pity, he's a general in the midfield and he makes things happen up front.

Having said that Gonzales on the right was a good addition. In tandem with JJ and KM we would've been good on counters.

Oh well....Good luck Warriors.

Cummins better than molino, molino is all hype just like hyland as I’ve been saying for years

Imagine tallest drop AB, that’s a joke and travesty in itself

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 10:37:51 AM »
I remember USA played Costa Rica is dead snow in Colorado a few years ago, the ball could have hardly move and now water on the track and they making it an issue.

However, I hope that the TTFA seeing that Ato Boldon Stadium is now T&T's official home I hope they do something about the drainage system the stadium because it could ruin the field, ground and grass as well.

flex the ttfa is broke plus they aint own that stadium
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:39 AM »
Dude, rain is a natural occurrence also.
Rain is....but flooding after a "lil" rain is man made...There is no flooding outside the stadium. Why is there flooding on the running truck. This is a maintenance and drainage issue. Stop making excuses for incompetence.

1]; } ?>