March 28, 2024, 11:25:32 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Oct-2017)  (Read 36733 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Oct-2017)
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
 I've never felt anything like this before in my life; there is no joy, satisfaction, or redemption in this win for me. This win does not erase anything, not '89, certainly not this qualifying campaign, not qualifying for the gold cup and the copa  - This win meant absolutely nothing to me.
In 89' both teams we're fighting for a spot in Italy, the USA on that faithful day had all the luck, passion, drive and determination to get a result against us and prevailed. Last night we saw a confident USA team and a tnt team finally with something to play for, this was not for the country, 89' or all the times we have been humiliated on our home soil, this was a selfish win for themselves and for revenge.

I can think of many lows of Trinidad and Tobago football, infact it maybe too many to count but last night we sank right to the bottom of the douchebag teams list. This team is never good enough to get a result when it actually matters nor is it capable of been disciplined in key moments but has the will and motivation for a game that means absolutely nothing -FIGHT tooth and nail for every single ball, every tackle, every one was focused - it seemed like our campaign had just begun and this was our first match, but it was our last, meaningless and made news as the last placed team with a vendetta, a team that gets stepped on, washed up and has nothing to play for except pride for the ones who still care to watch because it has become a comedy.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:45:30 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2017, 05:01:16 PM »
Men In Blazers did an emergency podcast today. How ah love to hear our name being called every 2 minutes.
Man say Alvin Jones, who listeners should know from their W Connection podcast, took that shot from somewhere in Tobago.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
Men In Blazers did an emergency podcast today. How ah love to hear our name being called every 2 minutes.
Man say Alvin Jones, who listeners should know from their W Connection podcast, took that shot from somewhere in Tobago.
I love Men in Blazers!! I'm going to find the podcast.  I eh goh lie, dem fellas do plenty for Soccer during the last WC cycle.....so ah feel it for them a teeny, tiny bit.......aaaaaannnddd I'm over that!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2017, 05:57:45 PM »
I've never felt anything like this before in my life; there is no joy, satisfaction, or redemption in this win for me. This win does not erase anything, not '89, certainly not this qualifying campaign, not qualifying for the gold cup and the copa  - This win meant absolutely nothing to me.
In 89' both teams we're fighting for a spot in Italy, the USA on that faithful day had all the luck, passion, drive and determination to get a result against us and prevailed. Last night we saw a confident USA team and a tnt team finally with something to play for, this was not for the country, 89' or all the times we have been humiliated on our home soil, this was a selfish win for themselves and for revenge.

I can think of many lows of Trinidad and Tobago football, infact it maybe too many to count but last night we sank right to the bottom of the douchebag teams list. This team is never good enough to get a result when it actually matters nor is it capable of been disciplined in key moments but has the will and motivation for a game that means absolutely nothing -FIGHT tooth and nail for every single ball, every tackle, every one was focused - it seemed like our campaign had just begun and this was our first match, but it was our last, meaningless and made news as the last placed team with a vendetta, a team that gets stepped on, washed up and has nothing to play for except pride for the ones who still care to watch because it has become a comedy.

Breds, I understand your point. But I beg to differ. I don't think them guys were out for revenge for the Strike Squad fiasco. Them guys were out for redemption for a very disappointing Hex. They loss some close games(in MY opinion). Leading Mex. until the 85 min and conceding 3. Some bad calls. Indiscipline by some players. Dealing with 3 coaches fiasco. Money issues. Injuries. Foreign born players not committing. They could have played dead like they had nothing to lose, and conceeded five in front a 1/4 filled stadium. The team played for the present. They wanted to show TT  that even though they may not be as good team as the rest,  they have fighting spirit of Warriors. Hoooooraaaaay to the fans who had the guts to go to support them. The fans are the ones who wanted the revenge for the Strike Squad. The fans got it.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
I agree w/you eh Deeks, 100% (like meh name say  ;D).  The problem for us more often than not is that our house never gets in order, Jack, DJ, who next?  Yeah, we had a good stint w/TimKee and God knows how that would have turned out had he remained at the reigns.

Our +ve performances are few and far between and this is a direct result of not planning appropriately and ridding ourselves of these cancer figure heads.  We will not go far consistently if this isn't addressed.  It's not rocket science.  Shaka spoke on ESPN how we beat Iceland 2-0 before WC 06 and hammer Panama in 02 campaign, look at them now.  It simple, PLANNING and PROPER ADMIN, when and where is that going to come from?  The latter in particular?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »
Shaka made perfect sense (it would be nice if he were TTFA president) Iceland and Panama got down to business and made things work. I can speak for Iceland because I've been there and have seen their football facilities. Their facilities are state of the art. I was talking to a local there who said that they were at their best during the summer time only because that was their only chance to play. The weather is brutal up there. Once the facilities started going up, kids all over were beyond excited for a chance to kick a ball indoors. Can we get that same passion with T&T's kids? I believe we can, but things HAVE to be put in place.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:04 PM »
Shaka made perfect sense (it would be nice if he were TTFA president) Iceland and Panama got down to business and made things work. I can speak for Iceland because I've been there and have seen their football facilities. Their facilities are state of the art. I was talking to a local there who said that they were at their best during the summer time only because that was their only chance to play. The weather is brutal up there. Once the facilities started going up, kids all over were beyond excited for a chance to kick a ball indoors. Can we get that same passion with T&T's kids? I believe we can, but things HAVE to be put in place.
We have the mentality where we know everything about football and nobody can tell we nutten but if our federation is really serious, they should be networking with counties like Iceland to see if we can learn a thing or two from them. I'm not saying to copy them but I'm sure we can implement some things from their model for our grassroots programs. Instead we keep doing the same thing over and over and over.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »
so de formula to beat big team like  US in T&T is  hope we get torrential rain some days before, if not, plan B - Bring WASA truck.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:34 PM »
so de formula to beat big team like  US in T&T is  hope we get torrential rain some days before, if not, plan B - Bring WASA truck.

YEp!  ;D

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2017, 12:19:46 AM »

YEp!  ;D

The next day after the game in '89, TTT had a post match interview with all the players from the strike squad including the technical staff as well as TTFA officials, during the segment when it was time for Jack to talk, he said that he told the ground staff to wet the field and they did not. He inspected the field on the day of the match and it was hard as a rock,he said. 
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »
Anybody have a link to the entire game in 1989?  I don't think I ever watched the whole thing afterwards.   Was too traumatized I guess.  I could watch it now....

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »
Anybody have a link to the entire game in 1989?  I don't think I ever watched the whole thing afterwards.   Was too traumatized I guess.  I could watch it now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznrT10ZkII&t=483s

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznrT10ZkII&t=483s

:beermug: :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »
Logged on to FB tonight and saw a memory from 9 years ago today, when we Played the US on the Road to South Africa. We also won that game 2-1 with goals from Yorkie and Latas  ;D.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:26:08 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2017, 12:42:20 AM »
He blamed the lack of support on the administrators. “They really need to do a better job. What happened in the past is that as we failed with World Cup everything just falls down but there needs to be a continuation. The CFU and the Gold Cup is next year. What they usually do is wait till a month before competition to pull teams together but if they just continued training every month till then with the local players we can do better.”

Jones said the intensity required to always be on top was lacking but blamed the stagnant time between competitions for that.

He praised the fact that the majority of players on the field against the USA were local but said to keep the local professionals at peak performance, they should play at that level of intensity more frequently.

While Jones will not be supporting T&T in the World Cup, as an Argentina fan, he still has a country to cheer on.

From Joevin and Alvin's father, Kelvin. From the Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2017-10-14/victory-my-sons

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »
I saw a clip of US vs Paraguay in the U-17 WC in India. The US has a kid called Tim Weah. Is he related George who played with AC Milan? Looked very impressive. We have our work cut out for us in terms of development. Man! Oh! Man!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2017, 08:36:50 AM »
I saw a clip of US vs Paraguay in the U-17 WC in India. The US has a kid called Tim Weah. Is he related George who played with AC Milan? Looked very impressive. We have our work cut out for us in terms of development. Man! Oh! Man!

Yes, that is George Weah's son.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

He scored a hattrick yesterday too...he's on path to carrying on his father's legacy.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Yuh mean he neither local at present with Paris St Germain, gone foreign since 14 (France), born in USA, and they still picking him ?  ;D
Meanwhile poor Liberia can't see they way to a WC. Even George Jnr born in Liberia and playing for US. And George trying to run the country. 
Lucky for dem, dem not on chupidness, otherwise, George wouldnah reach so far heself.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:24:10 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »
The US supporters are screaming doom and gloom. Well, because they will not be in Russia next year. But they are still well endowed with cash.130-140 million surplus. How much we have? This is from todays Yahoo/Sport's Illustrated. And another, Sunil Gulati working for "free". The president of the US fed. is a non-paying position. He is a professor in Columbia U and receive money from Fifa.

Much has been made of the current financial surplus of U.S. Soccer, which has been reported to be around $100 million following the success of the 2016 Copa America Centenario. But a source with direct knowledge of the situation says the actual number on the surplus is significantly higher: Between $130 million and $140 million.

While a significant portion of that surplus needs to be kept in reserve, U.S. Soccer has yet to decide on what to spend the rest of that money. Board discussions have centered on capital investments in infrastructure, youth development and new uses of technology to identify talent. But everyone has their own idea on what they think the surplus should go toward.

In May, SI.com reported that part of the surplus was being earmarked for a project called the "Innovate to Grow Fund," which would stimulate growth among membership at all levels, from the grassroots and up. U.S. Soccer was also engaged in talks over building a national training center with the surplus funds.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
^^^Sounds like a nice problem to have.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
A USA fan reaction after the embarrassing lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirZ5tAC2mE

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2017, 03:04:51 PM »
After watching what England did to them today they still have a long way to go had England not taken there foot off the gas it could have been a lot werst this is the 1st time I see a English team try to play good football.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »
Bring ah Super Blue remix...........

1]; } ?>