March 28, 2024, 07:37:13 AM

Author Topic: Sure picks.  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sure picks.
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:57:53 AM »
I really have to stress that even though Molino, Hyland, Cyrus and Abu Bakr might be regulars for their clubs, they have consistently under preform for T&T on to many occasions and at the big games.

Boucaud is playing to deep also.

Mekeil Williams and Carlyle Mitchell cheaply gives away the ball after all the hard work of winning it.

I really hope Cummings come back to his regular self soon and De Silva improve as a replacement for Hyland.

David looked out of sort in right back but I know he is a decent player. Wished Cato had come in.

We didn't have to beat USA but at least we could have given a better performance.

I applaud Hart for calling out his big players and telling them how he really feels.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sure picks.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:00:45 AM »
Unless I am mistaken, wasn't it Cyrus who delivered the ball to set up the goal at home?

Doh throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
Unless I am mistaken, wasn't it Cyrus who delivered the ball to set up the goal at home?

I'm talking overall.

Understand the word consistent.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »

I'm talking overall.

My point  is he continues being selected which suggests that he has consistency ... and on occasion, deliverables. I was speaking to someone recently who railed against Cyrus on his prior NT outing, but who on Friday was singing his praises.

His consistent selection might point to him being the best available in that role.

I would argue that Cyrus is NOT at the center of our main concern.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »

I'm talking overall.

My point  is he continues being selected which suggests that he has consistency ... and on occasion, deliverables. I was speaking to someone recently who railed against Cyrus on his prior NT outing, but who on Friday was singing his praises.

His consistent selection might point to him being the best available in that role.

I would argue that Cyrus is NOT at the center of our main concern.
you might be right, i think cyrus has something to offer. to my amazement aubrey david was quite disappointing when he was beaten for pace time after time by the seventeen yrs old last night. i think cyrus would have matched his pace and neutralize his input.

on another note, i would have loved to see what ranjitsingh had to offer last night now that phillips has proven time and time again that he's not world cup material.

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
Hyland played a great defensive game yesyerday
 We couldn't be watching the same game.. We simply need an attacking mid to compliment him

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:31:19 AM »
 We couldn't be watching the same game.. We simply need an attacking mid to compliment him
i thought i was the only one. it's nice to see someone else who observes the game from an objective point of view.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »

Jomal Williams. Bring him more into the heart of the field.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »
i thought i was the only one. it's nice to see someone else who observes the game from an objective point of view.

I agree too I think Hyland played his role. What we do need is a player like Bostock to link play better.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
on another note, i would have loved to see what ranjitsingh had to offer last night now that phillips has proven time and time again that he's not world cup material.

You doh want to see what Foncette has to offer?

As for Phillip not being world cup material......it could be REASONABLY argued that with his performance against Guatemala, Marvin Phillip is the reason why we are now in the Hex
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 02:14:30 PM »
Another sore point for me is our dead ball execution. Woeful at times. We presented almost no threat on free kicks and corners.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »

As for Phillip not being world cup material......it could be REASONABLY argued that with his performance against Guatemala, Marvin Phillip is the reason why we are now in the Hex
no offense but i've seen what foncette has to offer in south america in june and it's no different from what i am getting now, or have you forgotten in your haste to judge that he played over one hour in those three friendlies?

ranjitsingh on the other hand plays in a better league against better opponents and it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot, at this point what do we have to lose?

as for marvin phillips saving us, maybe there's a better way to view that statement. that would be like a pirate saving his sex slave from drowning when maybe if he didn't kidnap her from her family in the first place then she would have no cause to be in the deep ocean.

maybe if someone else more capable were between the sticks then we would not have conceded in the first place. the thing is that it's almost impossible for this guy to keep a clean sheet even against teams that are remotely capable.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »

no offense but i've seen what foncette has to offer in south america in june and it's no different from what i am getting now, or have you forgotten in your haste to judge that he played over one hour in those three friendlies?

ranjitsingh on the other hand plays in a better league against better opponents and it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot, at this point what do we have to lose?

as for marvin phillips saving us, maybe there's a better way to view that statement. that would be like a pirate saving his sex slave from drowning when maybe if he didn't kidnap her from her family in the first place then she would have no cause to be in the deep ocean.

maybe if someone else more capable were between the sticks then we would not have conceded in the first place. the thing is that it's almost impossible for this guy to keep a clean sheet even against teams that are remotely capable.

This metaphor :rotfl:  :rotfl:

But I agree because for all of Phillip's good saves vs Guatemala he made enough mistakes that we cannot feel safe with him between the posts.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
Pull stones  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »

Hall of Fame on the Memorable Quotes thread oui. Sex slaves and brushing sheilas. What will they think of next?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »

Hall of Fame on the Memorable Quotes thread oui. Sex slaves and brushing sheilas. What will they think of next?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

one of the best. We should recommend him to work with Ray Hudson.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »
Pull Stones, I am one who is glad Greg did not save last night, because we would be probably recommending the firing squad. Look, I think we have the CFU coming up. He should be ready for that. Hopefully if Deleon wants to play for TT, he should make himself available for this tournament. Hopefully Bostock will get his security clearance from those a...holes in Zurich.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:21:56 PM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 08:47:54 PM »
The first 30 minutes, I was in awe of the composed football we were playing. Even composed and uruffled in defense and the it  all fell  down.

The second and third goals really hurt me. We had the Americans outnumbered and somehow the  ball went directly  to a US Player. The third was horrible, KJ come in the back to help, turn he back to the  Ammerican, wathc the ball cross in,  the fella just step to KJ right and score.

Marvin made some good saves but the defense really let him down.

OUr wing backs seem to our  biggest flaw. Really we don't have much better to replace them. People come down on Cyrus but he eh worse than Williams or David and at least he dangerous going forward. Maybe it would be wise to play Cyrus wide right.
Garcia seems more potent coming off the bench.

When Bostock joins the team, perhaps Boucaud or Huland should  play CB.

Although, Williams, David and Boucaud make an effort, they  should be on the bench. The fact that they are there reflects our lack of depth.

Molino is a work horse and falls back to help out.

When Glen finds his form, perhaps Glen on the left, JJ on the right and Molino up front with KJ.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>