April 26, 2024, 11:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Fitness, Dunceness or both?  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Fitness, Dunceness or both?
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »
Hart has a problem and it stems from the midfield.

We have no Steel...no bruiser to win the ball and too many luxury players that do not tackle and track back.

Also it is a mental thing...fitness ting and we just dunce. We are just not fit enough or we cannot mentally focus to carry out a set of instructions. Is long time we collecting goal, look at the timing. Same pattern when we shut down.

Let's put the picture into perspective.

Usa 4 - TT 0 - goals conceded 44,59,64 & 72

Guatemala 2 - TT 2 - conceded - 36,86

China 4 - TT 2 - conceded 3,31,65,89

Uruguay 3- TT 1 - conceded 26,40,52

Peru 4 - TT 0 - conceded 37,39,50 & 90

TT 6 - St Vincent 0 - scored 36,49,60,66,86,89  ;D well done fellas

TT 3 - Vincy 2 - conceded 45 & 77

Haiti 1 - TT 0 - conceded 83

TT 2 - Guatemala 1 - conceded 90

Concede 22, score 15 out of 9 games...bad stats.

Alyuh seeing the pattern and the amount of goal we sucking against all levels of competition. Something is wrong still with the defence and midfield. Tactics and game management have to change, the trend going on too long against us.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:32:52 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness, Dunceness or both?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
Fitness is not the issue. Also, I would remove China, Uruguay and Peru from your analysis.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:36:53 AM »
We have a had a very long pattern with bad defense, hence why we rarely able to hold a lead, whenever we lead. Furthermore, when we play good teams such as the US, our defensive weakness get more transparent as better teams expose our weakness.

Some will argue this problem is due to the first team not playing together for the last three months but the counter to that argument is we have been using the same group of players for the last few years now so how much more games they need to play together?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:43:36 AM »
so if yuh analyzing look to see who the constants were in all those games and how the goals were scored in relationship to those constants

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »
Hyland is a major problem in midfield and he is being used as the main play maker.

He looks good in practice but poor on the field.

I really hope we get Bostock soon, MAYBE he might help us with that number 10 stop.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 10:21:20 AM »
i have two words for you.......marvin  phillips.

if we want in on the world cup then we have to dump this feller asap. under latapy's tenure this guy failed to keep a clean sheet throughout and put the icing on the cake when he conceded 4 goals each away to costa rica and honduras respectively.

when we went to guyana under the german coach he also gave away two soft goals with his bad positioning. if i was coach hart i would be scanning the globe right now for a replacement in goal because the keeper he has now is so very prone to making mistakes.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »
Hyland is a major problem in midfield and he is being used as the main play maker.

I really hope we get Bostock soon, MAYBE he might help us with that number 10 stop.
i disagree. in fact hyland was the reason why we didn't concede earlier. he interrupted their attack from the midfield quite frequently, and without him the result could have been much worst. do you ever wonder why our past coaches insisted on him?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:47:35 AM »
Bring back Benny.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »
Bring back Benny.

Hahahahaha..post of the day!!

A little levity goes a long way :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
Prior to Friday's match against Guatemala, when last did this team play together?

As for the defence.....men could real cry yes.

Strike Squad 1989......a team that played and lived together 24/7....still had problems in defence.  Defenders that were poor headers of the ball..certainly compared to nowadays.

Soca Warriors 2005......the cry then was that we ALWAYS used to concede early in de game.  No matter where we played.....1-0 down within 10 minutes.  In the World Cup....it was more the heroics of Shaka Hislop and abject finishing that kept Sweden at bay than anything else.

Soca Warriors 2009......3-5-2 formation from Simoes and lixxxxx in we tail as teams would galavant through we flanks.  Poor Cyd Gray bun because Angus Eve sign a contract not to venture anywhere closer than 60 yards from his goalie.

When did we EVER have a good defence?

At least now....our defenders are actually trying to play and be composed on the ball instead of BOOM kicking any and every where.

The defence needs work.  The goalkeeping needs work.  The midfield needs work.  The strikers need work.  The wide players need work.  ALL AREAS OF OUR GAME NEEDS WORK.

And it eh go happen by coming together to play once every 6 months.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:37:44 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »

Been saying this for years now... Guerra would have been a better option, George or Bostock when he is cleared..

Hyland should ride pine for the rest of the campaign.. A defensive mid who plays a central role who cannot pass the ball or dribble under pressure.. At least Guerra can pass and dribble ... We miss Cummins as well in that mid.. In all honesty I think Cummins is a more exciting player than Molino and has more of an impact when he's in the mid...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »

Been saying this for years now... Guerra would have been a better option, George or Bostock when he is cleared..

Hyland should ride pine for the rest of the campaign.. A defensive mid who plays a central role who cannot pass the ball or dribble under pressure.. At least Guerra can pass and dribble ... We miss Cummins as well in that mid.. In all honesty I think Cummins is a more exciting player than Molino and has more of an impact when he's in the mid...

Hyland and Guerra play 2 completely different roles bruh

You say Hyland cyah pass.  Well Guerra cannot even spell tackle.

Guerra would be in competition with the likes of Molino, Cummins and Cesar for a spot on the team.

Hyland, Boucaud, George, Hackshaw, etc perform roles that are often very much overlooked by fans.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »
Was the game so shitty that EVERYONE on the bench helped their case just by not being involved in the proceedings?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »
Was the game so shitty that EVERYONE on the bench helped their case just by not being involved in the proceedings?

Actually no. The first half was fairly balanced and we lost the plot between the 50th to 75th min. So for the entire first half and 15min in the second it was a fairly balanced contest. Its not like we play caca the whole game. At the end of the day the score is what most people see....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »
:D Cyrus, Cato and Ranjitsingh all had ratings of 9...Bateau stocked increased and can make a move to PSG to replace David Luiz

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »
Prior to Friday's match against Guatemala, when last did this team play together?

Strike Squad 1989......a team that played and lived together 24/7....still had problems in defence.  Defenders that were poor headers of the ball..certainly compared to nowadays.

Soca Warriors 2005......the cry then was that we ALWAYS used to concede early in de game.  No matter where we played.....1-0 down within 10 minutes.  In the World Cup....it was more the heroics of Shaka Hislop and abject finishing that kept Sweden at bay than anything else.

Soca Warriors 2009......3-5-2 formation from Simoes and lixxxxx in we tail as teams would galavant through we flanks.  Poor Cyd Gray bun because Angus Eve sign a contract not to venture anywhere closer than 60 yards from his goalie.

At least now....our defenders are actually trying to play and be composed on the ball instead of BOOM kicking any and every where.

The defence needs work.  The goalkeeping needs work.  The midfield needs work.  The strikers need work.  The wide players need work.  ALL AREAS OF OUR GAME NEEDS WORK.

i agree with everything you said except for th goal keeper remark, that player is beyond repair he just needs to go and don't come back. he is our very own calamity james.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:02 PM »

i agree with everything you said except for th goal keeper remark, that player is beyond repair he just needs to go and don't come back. he is our very own calamity james.

Yet if it were not for "Calamity James" as you refer to him against Guatemala....we could likely have been out of the Hex today.

Life strange eh?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »

Guerra would be in competition with the likes of Molino, Cummins and Cesar for a spot on the team.

Hyland, Boucaud, George, Hackshaw, etc perform roles that are often very much overlooked by fans.
forget that guy, hyland must have brushed his sheila after a night of dancing and boozing. look who he wants to replace hyland with, a clear testement of his lack of knowledge for the game.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 03:22:07 PM »

Yet if it were not for "Calamity James" as you refer to him against Guatemala....we could likely have been out of the Hex today.

Life strange eh?
there's also another way to look at that, maybe if we had a more capable player between the sticks than we probably would have kept a clean sheet and won the group or shared the top stop with uncle samuel's troops. remember it was his ineptitude that cost us the two goals.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »

forget that guy, hyland must have brushed his sheila after a night of dancing and boozing. look who he wants to replace hyland with, a clear testement of his lack of knowledge for the game.

:rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh post-match form never disappoints. Come de Hex we go be in for a treat. :applause:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 05:47:25 PM »
here's also another way to look at that, maybe if we had a more capable player between the sticks than we probably would have kept a clean sheet and won the group or shared the top stop with uncle samuel's troops. remember it was his ineptitude that cost us the two goals.

He pull we out de fire 5 times and lapse on 2.

That's still a positive 3 on his part.  But peeps tend to only remember the negative.

And where this more capable player coming from would be interesting.  Peeps weren't happy with JM Williams either.

Perhaps Ramjitsingh will be the savior peeps are praying for.  But let him lapse nah......and I could just see what his last name will unfortunately morph into.

Fans fickle and cruel like that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 06:21:11 PM »
Like I said, I did not see the game. I can't make judgement on marvin. But I thought he did a good job vs Guat. I am not saying we don't need improvement between the sticks. Our big problem is in the middle and how to transition from offense to defence(vice versa) consistently. After the Guat. game, I have had serious issues with that aspect of our game. our offensive mid field are not showing up against technically better teams. The second game vs Vincy they were there, but vs Haiti, disappointing. Against Guat. disappointing. We better find a solution fast.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 10:28:38 PM »
I say it's a combination...Hart should understand the quality of team that he has..the team played good football for the first twenty mins after that he should have realized that the US had picked up the pace of the game and started to break up our combinations.

Hart trained mainly for 3v1 situations not realizing that Klinnsman did his homework and changed every situation into 3v2 at least..Hart cannot play football anymore the players are becoming winded....it's the time to go to 4-5-1 until halftime...instead he continued without stemming the tide..the confidence of his players drop and the floodgates open...end of story ...they were lucky to only get four..

Pulisic is de best Yankee I ever see play football.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »

I would rather go more attacking than see that nonsense hyland put down and I know they are totally different mids, one is a def mid while the other is an attacking mid.. Tbh I hardly see hyland tackle.. I rather see George take hyland place..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:13:54 AM by Controversial »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
hnestly it could never be hyland.... in my book he always contributes to advancing the ball he always has a pass in mind and is strong on the ball. i prefer Kevan geogre over andre boucad as his partner tho in that george ability to do the grunt work is the best on the team.

garcia was a little jaded in that game ... he tried to do to much and had a one time shot where he checked inside first and got tackled .. summed up his game

a dissapointment to me was honestly aubrey david

i think if cato does the right back work with molino as the winger there like he des for orlando and bostock as the 10 then we have a good chance at showing something different

onwards to the hex
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »
Hart went with an offensive group playing 4 3 3

it was worth a try to see how good these men really is.

we came up short

did not score our half chances.

Jones Jones and Garcia was basically playing forward

Molino Hyland and Boucard in the middle

wings were exposed with this formation

I liked the attacking approach in a meaning less game

expect a much more defensive stance vs Costa Rica

Cato coming in right wing garcia getting drap and jones going to orthodox left wing

the 4 3 3  morfing back to a 4 5 1

Every team will be looking at trinidad as the team to get points from

defensively we have to stay compact and hit on the break.

we showed we have a good counter attack

it is just a matter of finishing the half chances and overloading the defense and limiting the other teams chances.

Hart has show a solid defensive structure in the last 2 gold cups expect that to return in the Hex. 

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
Most people on here say the guys played pretty good in the first period. Here's another way to look at it, imo, JK let the warriors play and analyze their game in the first half with-out penetrating the U.S. defense despite one or two lapses. As far as the game is concern, noticed where most of the play was in the first half which was totally aimless for TT. After the cautious approach of the first 45', JK then figured out how to attack in the 2nd half which paid off for them in the end.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:32:48 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>