March 28, 2024, 09:16:52 AM

Poll

Can T&T qualify for the 2018 WC?

Yes
27 (90%)
No
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: T&T's HEX predictions.  (Read 12808 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T's HEX predictions.
« on: September 10, 2016, 03:25:17 AM »
Trying to be as realistic here as possible. However, if Hart can get his guys to play like they did at the Gold Cup we could really do some damage.

But given the inconsistency of players like Kenwyne, Hyland, Molino, Abu Bakr, David and Cyrus it will be hard unless we play more games or Hart finds some back up players and really start to bench some of his favorites.

I know its not easy, but maybe more games will help these players build confidence and consistency.

Mitchell and especially Mekeil gives away the ball in bad places and constantly get lost on the field allowing their man to run away from them very easily.

Cyrus gets forward a lot but forgets to run back or is slow at it and his man gets away from him and our defence are left stranded.

David can be a good player, but very stagnant at times.

Joevin, Bateau and Boucaud carries T&T.

Kenwyne presence is needed even if he doesn't do much. Would really be nice to get Bradley Wright-Phillips.

George can be the x-factor for T&T's defence, maybe Hart could convert him to a central defender?

Players like Bostock, Cummings, Levi and Cato could really stir things up for T&T.

I like players like Sean De Silva, Darren Mitchell and Ricardo John.

Weslie John, Shannon Williams and Ryan Inniss could help our defence, maybe?

Maybe Hart could offer Shaquell Moore a chance to play for T&T, he is a good wing back.

Guatemala and USA really showed us up especially down the center, once you beat T&T's wing backs, players run into the center and shoot untop of the box or slip the ball behind T&T defence and you are almost guaranteed to score.

Costa Rica, USA and Mexico, nuff said.

Honduras can run and T&T cannot play against runners, especially teams that keeps the ball on the ground. Honduras did very well at the Olympics, so I expect them to draft in a few of those young players.

Panama is the only team T&T might get by because T&T is similar, so the results could go either way.

Again, if T&T can find back that magic from the Gold Cup, they could surprise a few teams like Mexico, USA and Costa Rica at home, but you know we struggle at home and with Hart careful approach like against USA last November (0-0) we could be in trouble.

T&T is a good team and we have good individual players, but we lack a proper formation and confidence. The players tend to day dream a lot on the field too.

My predictions.

H - T&T 1-1 Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016) = 1
A - T&T 1-2 Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016) = 0
H - T&T 1-0 Panama Game (24-Mar-2017) = 3
H - T&T 1-2 Mexico Game (28-Mar-2017) = 0
A - T&T 0-2 USA Game (7/8-Jun-2017) = 0
A - T&T 0-3 Costa Rica Game (11/12-Jun-2017) = 0
H - T&T 2-0 Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017) = 3
A - T&T 2-1 Panama Game (5-Sept-2017) = 3
A - T&T 0-3 Mexico Game (6-Oct-2017) = 0
H - T&T 1-1 USA Game (10-Oct-2017) = 1

Total = 11pts

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:11:12 AM by Errol »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's HEX predictions.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 06:37:55 AM »
we need to widen the pool, but the first team need real playing time, not pseudo friendlies to cap fringe pro "leaguers"- we need to use d windows and breaks effectively.....we also need a move back to team football.....people keep saying dat molino disappear.....but it seemed more to me dat he was an outlet only when d wingers got stuck.....watch how he works at orlando...molino doh have no set ah beats yuh hadda actually use him and be around and capable to utilize d ping backs.....he does disappear in orlando when eh getting people to 1-2 d ball with especially when kaka eh play.
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 07:06:06 AM »
11 points eh enough to even "secure" 4th place. Not that 4th place is our target.

The home game versus the US must be a 3pt. game. Away to Honduras must be a 3pt. game.

The Hex participants from '06 qualifying are all the same nations but for Honduras.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »
I want 3 pts from Mexico home too
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
My predictions:

Panama and Honduras games= 7 - 9 points
Mexico games= 3 points
Costa Rica games = 1 point
USA games = 1 point

We need to do the double over Panama or Honduras. Or beat and tie both of them. We will learn our fate early if we don't get 8 or 9 points from the games against them. 13 or 14 points is possible. And I think that will be enough once we deal with Panama and Honduras.

As Asylum said, I'm not suggesting our goal is 4th place too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:49:44 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »

Too early to make any serious predictions. Just keep in mind no one would have predicted Mexico finishing fourth and having to fight in a playoff battle with a nation from another federation to qualify for the last world cup. So the take away is you never know what can happen in a round of football that will unfold over twelve month period.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
do not underestimate Trinidad team...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »
I really like the post and contributions so far. I think we have the quality to pull it off, but any realistic person will have to view us as the weakest link. Hart might have to experiment with a more defensive structure with 5 at the back, with truly overlapping defenders like Cato and even Joevin (subject to change with substitutions as the game goes on and formation change). We need practice matches. As much as it hurt, it really hard to argue with Errol predictions. With preparation we could pull 2 more wins (home or away) against the top 3 as he call it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
I don't think 13 or 14 points present a better outcome (in the big scheme of things) than 11 points. Consider that even if we win all of our home games (the ideal scenario) but lose all our away engagements, we garner only 15 points. That would also not necessarily place us in a zone of comfort. We need probably ~17 points to qualify directly.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:40:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »
Three telling stats...
We have never beaten Costa Rica
We have never lost to Mexico in Trinidad
We have never lost in Honduras.

At least if my memory serves.
We must play to win at home for sure. However, we have gone to Panama and Honduras in the worst of times and gotten a point or three in the past. It is very doable to get top 4 here and possible to get top three. Never have our chances been so great as this since before 06. I think 06 was lucky as we were fourth with more losses than wins.
We can actually look for 10-12 points before our last 3 games if we get something from the opener against Costa Rica, against whom we have the worst record.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 08:33:29 AM »
Since the Hex started in 1998 it took 11-16 pts to get 4th spot and took 14-17 pts to get 3rd spot depending on how competitive the Hex is this time there is 2 weak teams in TT and Panama that means there is going to be more pts for the rest of teams.
What TT has to do is 1st hire a coach that can coach at the international level that will make TT competitive with the big 4 and those pts would be reachable with S Heart in charge we just competing for the wooden spoon.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
It's all about what have YOU  done for me lately
And in all sincerity YOU have been found wanting....... :rotfl:
I take it you have many wooden spoons..... :devil:
Don't look down your under pants is showing

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
Three telling stats...

We must play to win at home for sure. However, we have gone to Panama and Honduras in the worst of times and gotten a point or three in the past. It is very doable to get top 4 here and possible to get top three. Never have our chances been so great as this since before 06. I think 06 was lucky as we were fourth with more losses than wins.
We can actually look for 10-12 points before our last 3 games if we get something from the opener against Costa Rica, against whom we have the worst record.

We have lost once in Honduras.
Three telling stats...

We have lost at least once in Honduras.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »
Since the Hex started in 1998 it took 11-16 pts to get 4th spot and took 14-17 pts to get 3rd spot depending on how competitive the Hex is this time there is 2 weak teams in TT and Panama that means there is going to be more pts for the rest of teams.
What TT has to do is 1st hire a coach that can coach at the international level that will make TT competitive with the big 4 and those pts would be reachable with S Heart in charge we just competing for the wooden spoon.

What makes you say Panama is a weak team?  Going into the hex I would rate them above Honduras.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

What makes you say Panama is a weak team?  Going into the hex I would rate them above Honduras.
Costa Rica defeated Panama 2-1 in Panama that tells me the top 4 teams are going into Panama take away pts. Honduras have been to the past 2 WC's and the past couple of olympics so I would put them in the big 4.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 01:07:16 PM »

We have lost at least once in Honduras.

Remind me nah.
Not in 88, not in 01... cannot remember losing there in any qualifying series.

Edit... we lost there in 09.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:09:44 PM by Swima »
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »
The key games will be the 2 legs against Panama and Honduras.

Imagine this scenario.. We entering the final day with 9 or 10 points needing a win vs a US side that will probably have qualified by then. You see the direction this plot can probably go? Another 1989 if the US hasn't secured qualification.. Just lovely. I hope the nation has many doctors on call. Because I know there go be a record of heart attacks if that comes to fruition.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:53:41 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »
The key games will be the 2 legs against Panama and Honduras.

Imagine this scenario.. We entering the final day with 9 or 10 points needing a win vs a US side that will probably have qualified by then. You see the direction this plot can probably go? Another 1989 if the US hasn't secured qualification.. Just lovely. I hope the nation has many doctors on call. Because I know there go be a record of heart attacks..

The point for the team is to not reach in this situation. So no I am not going to imagine this.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 01:56:26 PM »
From the first 5 games, we will have 10 points

The last 5 games I see a minimum  of 6

Leaving us at a minimum of 16 points

Maybe 17 with a draw against Panama in Panama
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:03:18 PM by Controversial »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »
Was listening to a weekend wrap up of the recent qualifiers. They ranked Concacaf hex as the hardest set of qualifiers. Mainly due to the extreme climates, high elevations, rowdy central American fans, travel/distance and even time zones. When you put it into context. It's hard to argue that Concacaf hex isn't the hardest set of qualifiers. Never heard the others. But here are the top 3 named:

# 1 Concacaf hex
# 2  Conmebol
# 3. AFC

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 05:16:36 PM »
Was listening to a weekend wrap up of the recent qualifiers. They ranked Concacaf hex as the hardest set of qualifiers. Mainly due to the extreme climates, high elevations, rowdy central American fans, travel/distance and even time zones. When you put it into context. It's hard to argue that Concacaf hex isn't the hardest set of qualifiers. Never heard the others. But here are the top 3 named:

# 1 Concacaf hex
# 2  Conmebol
# 3. AFC

Who is the "they"?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »
Much like 2005 we need to win home games against Panama, Honduras  (would have been Guatemala in 05) and can afford to only lose one at home to CR Mex and US.

Away we must win at Panama. In 05 we lost badly to Guatemala away. This time we'd need to sneek a point away to Honduras. Realistically any result away to CR Mex and US would be gravy. That would be 9 to 12 pts at homeand 4 to 6 away 13 to 18 pts total.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 03:55:11 AM »
If I was hart, I would look at d personnel I have and build d biggest toughest bus possible for mex, CR and d states away games, dat might mean no molino and Levi, I would "budget" for a point from all, d good ting bout budgets is dat yuh doh really expect dem to balance but if they do yuh does be glad for d outcome.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 07:03:25 AM »
I really wanted Canada to go through, this is a hard group because we have 4 central american teams and it hard to play there.

We have to win our home games and tie de away, which is easier said than done.

Ah really disappointed in some of T&T players like Molino and Hyland because I know them fellas better than that, Hyland working hard eh, but he don't do much with de ball to be playing that number 10 role.

We really need a few new faces on de team and Hart need to groom them, maybe he could use de caribbean cup for that.

Lets see what will happen.

De caribbean cup is official which means we could get foreign players if we want.

But some players might be good to see in action a little more, we need answers and deepth.

Greg Ranjitsingh

Weslie John, Julius James, Tristan Hodge, Noah Powder, Robert Primus, Alvin Jones, Tyler David

Hughtun Hector, Jomal Williams, Keron Cummings, Darren Mitchell, Sean de Silva, John Bostock, Duane Muckette, Aikim Andrews, Morgan Bruce

Trevin Caesar, Ricardo John, Brent Sam.

Woulda be nice we could really get these 3 defenders to play for we, Desevio Payne, Ryan Inniss and Shaquell Moore??

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
Well we might as well get Ryan Innis out of our plans at least for a while. He got sentenced to 14 weeks in jail for assault. He did however appeal it though

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
I really wanted Canada to go through, this is a hard group because we have 4 central american teams and it hard to play there.

We have to win our home games and tie de away, which is easier said than done.

Ah really disappointed in some of T&T players like Molino and Hyland because I know them fellas better than that, Hyland working hard eh, but he don't do much with de ball to be playing that number 10 role.

We really need a few new faces on de team and Hart need to groom them, maybe he could use de caribbean cup for that.

Lets see what will happen.

De caribbean cup is official which means we could get foreign players if we want.

But some players might be good to see in action a little more, we need answers and deepth.

Greg Ranjitsingh

Weslie John, Julius James, Tristan Hodge, Noah Powder, Robert Primus, Alvin Jones, Tyler David

Hughtun Hector, Jomal Williams, Keron Cummings, Darren Mitchell, Sean de Silva, John Bostock, Duane Muckette, Aikim Andrews, Morgan Bruce

Trevin Caesar, Ricardo John, Brent Sam.

Woulda be nice we could really get these 3 defenders to play for we, Desevio Payne, Ryan Inniss and Shaquell Moore??

One point about the Caribbean Cup is although we may want to experiment a bit, we still need to put a team capable of winning and reaching the final round because the importance of the Caribbean Cup is to qualify for the Gold Cup and god forbid we experiment too much with the Caribbean Cup using a weak team and fail to reach the Gold Cup, which will be a massive failure.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:23:55 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 08:42:25 AM »
The only overseas player we should target for the Caribbean Cup is Bostock, Levi, Bateau, Mitchell, Marshall. The MLS should be over by then. So we should have a pretty stable squad. I don't know if Boucaud and Hyland clubs will release them because of their leagues are in full swing.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2016, 08:51:45 AM »
Well we might as well get Ryan Innis out of our plans at least for a while. He got sentenced to 14 weeks in jail for assault. He did however appeal it though

Successful appeal.. sentence suspended for 18 months

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/ryan-inniss-on-last-chance-says-crystal-palace-chief-steve-parish/story-29707576-detail/story.html

The Eagles defender, currently on loan at Southend United, was sentenced at Bexley Magistrates' Court last Wednesday for the assault.

However, Inniss successfully appealed his sentence at Croydon Crown Court today. His 14-week conviction stands, but was suspended for 18 months.

He was also ordered to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work, pay £300 compensation to victim George Bryan and spend 20 days on an alcohol rehabilitation course.

The court head how Inniss had a troubled upbringing. When he was a teenager his mum was a drug addict and his dad was in prison.

Defence counsel Peter Hunter said: "Ryan had, in effect, responsibility for two younger siblings. Despite these pressures he managed to attend Crystal Palace's academy since the age of 14 and worked very hard to be given the opportunity that he's got."

He supported his mum through drug rehabilitation and supports his family financially, which was one of the key factors considered by Judge Adam Hiddleston when deciding to reduce his sentence to a suspended jail term.

Palace chairman Parish was at the court today to show his support - and issue a warning - to Inniss, saying the club will help him with his issues, but that he is on his "last chance".

Read more
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »

# 1 Concacaf hex
# 2  Conmebol
# 3. AFC

Who is the "they"?

Yuh eh answer yet, buh I cyah see how CONCACAF prevails on the factors stated.

Also, have a look at the CONMEBOL standings and see how they look versus the points totals we have been proposing on this thread. Won't even touch CAF qualifying.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »

# 1 Concacaf hex
# 2  Conmebol
# 3. AFC

Who is the "they"?

Yuh eh answer yet, buh I cyah see how CONCACAF prevails on the factors stated.

Also, have a look at the CONMEBOL standings and see how they look versus the points totals we have been proposing on this thread. Won't even touch CAF qualifying.

I caught the last minutes of the wrap up. All I remember them saying is Concacaf and Conmebol being the toughest.

Will check out what you said.

1]; } ?>