March 28, 2024, 05:45:55 AM

Poll

Can T&T qualify for the 2018 WC?

Yes
27 (90%)
No
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: T&T's HEX predictions.  (Read 12803 times)

Offline soccerholic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's HEX predictions.
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 06:22:35 PM »
It is imperative to get 9pts thru the first 3 games, this will set the tone and give us the momentum to go on a grab at least the third spot. Even if we lose the next 3 (MEX,US, CRC)... We can pick up 6 from HON and PAN, 2 home draws in our last 2 games will put us at 17... This should secure third place. I know I'm sounding optimistic, but it'll an attainable goal once we play to our potential...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »
It is imperative to get 9pts thru the first 3 games,

;D ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 07:39:42 AM »

We have lost at least once in Honduras.

Remind me nah.
Not in 88, not in 01... cannot remember losing there in any qualifying series.

Edit... we lost there in 09.
i was just about to challenge your knowledge of the game but then I saw your edit.  We not only lose that game, but we got a 4 goal whipping with Marvin in goal. we also got a 4-0 whipping in Costa Rica with Marvin again in goal. I can't begin to tell you how nervous I get when he starts for us, real liability if you ask me.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
Since the Hex started in 1998 it took 11-16 pts to get 4th spot and took 14-17 pts to get 3rd spot depending on how competitive the Hex is this time there is 2 weak teams in TT and Panama that means there is going to be more pts for the rest of teams.
What TT has to do is 1st hire a coach that can coach at the international level that will make TT competitive with the big 4 and those pts would be reachable with S Heart in charge we just competing for the wooden spoon.
steven hart can't coach..........and you can? I specifically remembered a certain coach going to the 2012 semifinal round only grabbing one single point from a possible 18 pts, you should be the last to talk. Some people are truly shameless.

This team here has a few good players who could achieve much but they are unpredictable, unprofessional and complaisant, and I fear that not even pep guardiola could achieve much success with them. can't even understand why we call them warriors.

the flip sides to this is that we could beat any team in the in concacaf, we do have the talents to do so providing we were to get a good right back and a solid central defender. we also need a top class goal keeper who could organize his defenders in front of him. At this point Carlyle Mitchell Cyrus and David not holding their end of the bargain. Maybe these guys need regular playing time in more competitive leagues to perform  and keep up with this level.

I would go out on a limb here and say that if hart was jamaica's coach they would have been in the hex, and I will go further to say that if he was argentina's coach they would have won both the World Cup and the copa america.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:16:29 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 08:35:06 AM »
Hartie all de way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allyuh watch my coach, he is ah boss.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
Since the Hex started in 1998 it took 11-16 pts to get 4th spot and took 14-17 pts to get 3rd spot depending on how competitive the Hex is this time there is 2 weak teams in TT and Panama that means there is going to be more pts for the rest of teams.
What TT has to do is 1st hire a coach that can coach at the international level that will make TT competitive with the big 4 and those pts would be reachable with S Heart in charge we just competing for the wooden spoon.
steven hart can't coach..........and you can? I specifically remembered a certain coach going to the 2012 semifinal round only grabbing one single point from a possible 18 pts, you should be the last to talk. Some people are truly shameless.

This team here has a few good players who could achieve much but they are unpredictable, unprofessional and complaisant, and I fear that not even pep guardiola could achieve much success with them. can't even understand why we call them warriors.

the flip sides to this is that we could beat any team in the in concacaf, we do have the talents to do so providing we were to get a good right back and a solid central defender. we also need a top class goal keeper who could organize his defenders in front of him. At this point Carlyle Mitchell Cyrus and David not holding their end of the bargain. Maybe these guys need regular playing time in more competitive leagues to perform  and keep up with this level.

I would go out on a limb here and say that if hart was jamaica's coach they would have been in the hex, and I will go further to say that if he was argentina's coach they would have won both the World Cup and the copa america.
TT was in the weakest group if we were in another group TT would not make it to the HEX we were just plain lucky.
If S Heart was that good they would not have run his behind out of Canada for the type of crap he had them playing.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »

TT was in the weakest group if we were in another group TT would not make it to the HEX we were just plain lucky.
If S Heart was that good they would not have run his behind out of Canada for the type of crap he had them playing.

like we shoulda run your ass outa town for doin zilch with d women or gettin beat by estonia
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 08:27:21 PM »
ffisback, who would you hire?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »
I believe Mr Hart resigned from the Canadian mens National Program (integrity?)  and had the option to take the Coaching role with T&T  Possibly with other opportunities in hand. Ask anyone he's coached in Canada (youth to senior) and they will all have good things to say about him.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 02:52:15 AM »
ffisback, who would you hire?
If I were in charge I would not allow any local coach to coach the Olympic or senior teams because they lack the basic organization skills to coach at the international level this team looks disjointed and unorganized St Clair team had the same problem his teams use to get some real bad licks but when I Porterfield  took over all of sudden this team that was getting bad licks now start to share licks coach's like L Beenhakker who I'm not a fan of R Simoes ,Z Vanes all new how to keep there team organized I would rather go with a south American coach because Trinidad is were latin America meets the Caribbean that's our style of football but anyone of those coach's would have our team playing better football than they are now and give TT  a chance to get 3rd or 4th spot.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 09:02:11 AM »

That is a lie. Where did you get that they ran Hart out? In fact Canada was on the verge of making the Hex. They lost the final game to Honduras which put them out of the hex by one point.

Hart resigned :

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/soccer/canadian-men-s-soccer-coach-stephen-hart-steps-down-1.1135060

Check your sources before making claims my brother. Majority of the fellas on here do their research before making any claims. Perhaps you should do the same.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »
Wap wap
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »

That is a lie. Where did you get that they ran Hart out? In fact Canada was on the verge of making the Hex. They lost the final game to Honduras which put them out of the hex by one point.

Hart resigned :

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/soccer/canadian-men-s-soccer-coach-stephen-hart-steps-down-1.1135060

Check your sources before making claims my brother. Majority of the fellas on here do their research before making any claims. Perhaps you should do the same.
Dude in the real world after such a humiliating defeat you resign or you get fired that's how it works in the professional world so that article does not make me a Lier this article supports what I have been saying there is no way the fans ,media or board would have forgiven him after that loss his head was on the chopping blocks so he had to resign.
S Hart could not get to the Hex with Canada because he could not win his home games which is why TT is not going to the WC with S Heart because we cannot win our home games his record is there for anyone to see nothing has changed he is just not ready for this level of football.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
I'll be honest, if certain changes aren't made to some senior players, I don't see T&T qualifying.

They couldn't even beat Haiti, how are we going to beat the likes of Honduras and Panama, 2 teams we are hoping to take points from?

Our defence is in a big mess.

Our midfield can't string 4 passes together and they leave hugh gaps for teams to easily run at our defence.

Our strikers can't score, as we can see more goals are coming from midfield.

Players like Kenwyne, Hyland and especially Molino not pulling their weight.

Abu Bakr, Cyrus and David could have a good game but we just don't know when.

It's going to be very interesting.

I really hope Mr. Hart put his feet down and I hope he at least get some much needed games as our first 2 matches are very important, one at home and vs Honduras, a team we are hoping to steal points from.

I don't want to sound negative, but somethings have to give.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 02:08:45 AM »
I'll be honest, if certain changes aren't made to some senior players, I don't see T&T qualifying.

They couldn't even beat Haiti, how are we going to beat the likes of Honduras and Panama, 2 teams we are hoping to take points from?

Our defence is in a big mess.

Our midfield can't string 4 passes together and they leave hugh gaps for teams to easily run at our defence.

Our strikers can't score, as we can see more goals are coming from midfield.

Players like Kenwyne, Hyland and especially Molino not pulling their weight.

Abu Bakr, Cyrus and David could have a good game but we just don't know when.

It's going to be very interesting.

I really hope Mr. Hart put his feet down and I hope he at least get some much needed games as our first 2 matches are very important, one at home and vs Honduras, a team we are hoping to steal points from.

I don't want to sound negative, but somethings have to give.
Changing players is not going to improve the team  much if the coach ant know good just look at what happen to B St Clair he use to get real bad licks he went to England and start recruiting players he put together the most talented team in TT history and still use to get licks things did not change until TT finally hire a good coach S Heart is just not good enough to coach at this level the quicker TT hire a good coach the better TT chances will be in the Hex.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »
A late afternoon thunderstorm and TTFA's continued ineptitude combine to have the stadium half empty for the 8:00pm kickoff against Costa Rica.

By 8:15, the game already started, multiple entries are finally opened and the stadium fills to capacity. (and Gary Griffith beats his chest)

It is a cool evening and the field is slick from the late afternoon shower. This benefits CRs slick quick passing and they settle first. T&T is on the back foot for the first 20 mins and are lucky not to be behind with Phillips making a couple of sharp reflex saves from Campbell after a couple of quick one twos between him and Brian Ruiz catch Mitchell and Bateau Square and Campbell through on goal.

The break through for Costa Rica comes in the 35thmin when Ruiz, instead of playing the through ball, takes a shot at the top right of the 18 which Phillips can only parry into the path of the on rushing Bolanos. 1-0 CR.

The goal silences the crowd and CR proceed to pressure T&T with a high press for the remainder of the half. The pressure pays off 5mins after the first goal when Campbell scores a scrappy item off a short corner to give the CR a two goal lead.

CR continues the high press but in the 45th min T&T finally play the ball out through Bateau who finds Boucaud in the middle. A quick pass to to the speedy Cato on the wing sees him through on goal but he is tackled from behind by Gonzales in the box. Gonzales is given his marching orders and K. Jones slots the PK past the dive of Pemberton in Goal. 1-2 Half time score CR down to 10 men.

The second half sees Hart revert to a 4-2-3-1 formation instead of the 4-4-2 he started with. Now playing down a man CR begin to hold a deeper line and T&T finally are able to get more possession in the middle. Garcia is brought on for Cato in the 65min and immediately he and J Jones begin pressing both wings with pace. The final ball to the middle us lacking however. It isn't until the 78th min when Garcia collects the ball at midfield and runs at Gamboa cutting inside and feeding a delightful through ball to Molino. Molino calmly dinks the ball over the on rushing Pemberton to send the HCS into an uproar. 2-2.

The last 10 mins see T&T going to the direct routes sending long diagonal balls into K Jones. In the 87th He is able to get above the tiring defense to head down to JJones at the top right of the 18 yard box. The younger Jones hits a sweet one time shot into the top right corner past a despairing Pemberton. 3-2 T&T.

CR push forward in the final 3mins of extra time and almost get an equalizer with their first real threat of the second half when Ruiz hits the cross bar with a long range shot after being given way to much space by Hyland. T&T hold on for a much needed victory in the first game of the Hex.  ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »
Good writing Trin! If that was your dream for last night we all hope that you dream straight
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2016, 07:06:15 AM »
Good writing Trin! If that was your dream for last night we all hope that you dream straight

I hope so too.... I think we may probably need something like a sending off to push us over the line in this game.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 09:40:38 AM »
We need more like that last goal JJ score Trin.
But who's gonna send on those crosses ? No one , we need someone to put aerial passes on Kenwyne head ,just like Becks use to do for Yorke ,then I think it would be thunder as a combo like that would terrorize concacaf defences no end!.
But who ?Bostock ??
I wonder if Sean DeSilva can whip in crosses ?If not he should start working on it ,and maybe hart could use him for that .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:54:43 AM by Quags »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Team Goals after 2 games
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:56 AM »
Mods can move the thread based on suitability when ready.

What do you think will be a realistic points tally after the first round of matches. Consider that in context of the full schedule of the other games and match ups.

Optimistic/Hopeful - 6 pts?
Achievable/Realistic - 3 or 4 pts?
Pessimistic - 2 or less pts?

Of course we would want to go for maximum at all times, but come November 16th if we end up with 3 or 4 points i think we could be top or second in the group. I can't see anybody getting maximum points after 2 games based on the match ups.

Match day 1
TT vs CR
USA vs Mex
Hon vs Pan

Match day 2
Hon vs TT
CR vs USA
Pan vs Mex

US, Mex and CR who normally come out on top have difficult fixtures to start. Can't see them with more than 3 or 4 points after 2 games either. Mexico playing well but start with two away fixtures. Honduras could easily be on 3 or 4 points as they have two home games to start. Panama is home and away to start like T&T.

None of these games are easy so it's tough to predict. I will be happy with 4 points, key for me not conceding and getting something out of the first game. The conflict is in the grand scheme of the overall campaign Honduras and Panama away are the two games where realistically more than 1 point is achievable.

In the 2006 campaign we had 1 point after 3 games and 4 points after 6 games. I'm just not sure we have the luxury of schedule for that kind of rear guard action this time around. USA and Mex both amassed 22 points which leveled the playing field for the remainder of teams involved. This round is a real dogfight, even for US and Mex. We need to make our first few rounds count.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Team Goals after 2 games
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2016, 07:26:13 AM »
I truly believe T&T can beat Honduras, but will probably loose by 2 or 3 goals against CR, sadly.

Anyway, I hope they win both, but without Jones and Molino it's gonna be harder.
Trevin Caesar scored 10 goals in USL this season, but it was in USL.
Cordell Cato is pretty average in MLS and Kevan George had a great season in NASL, but again, it was in NASL, and he used to be a backup/average player in MLS sometime ago.
Bostock is the only bright spot right now (offensively speaking).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2016, 07:48:19 AM »
Caesar will rupture nets. USL or not.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »
Kj is available. Injury free.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »
Also no confirmation on Bostock yet...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2016, 11:42:06 AM »
So we go for the win vs Costa Rica @ home risking the counterattack and losing @ home? I think the 1st game is where you have the room to gamble and CR is the team expected to be in the 3rd spot where we want to be.  But with Molino & Bostock gone, maybe now is not the time to go for attack.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 07:23:24 AM »
I at least gave them one point after two games !!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 10:43:20 AM »
I at least gave them one point after two games !!!

Your Hex Predictions for T&T that you made since September were not bad at all!

My predictions.

H - T&T 1-1 Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016) = 1
A - T&T 1-2 Honduras Game (15-Nov-2016) = 0
H - T&T 1-0 Panama Game (24-Mar-2017) = 3
H - T&T 1-2 Mexico Game (28-Mar-2017) = 0
A - T&T 0-2 USA Game (7/8-Jun-2017) = 0
A - T&T 0-3 Costa Rica Game (11/12-Jun-2017) = 0
H - T&T 2-0 Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017) = 3
A - T&T 2-1 Panama Game (5-Sept-2017) = 3
A - T&T 0-3 Mexico Game (6-Oct-2017) = 0
H - T&T 1-1 USA Game (10-Oct-2017) = 1

Total = 11pts

If we can turn things around then we are capable of a draw against CR away to them to get back the 1 point which you predicted we could have earned against them at Home.

Everything else you predicted is still correct (we lost to Honduras in Honduras) or is still possible come the new year if we can get our team back to playing to the standard that they were playing in the last Gold Cup when we gave both the USA and Mexico a very hard time and earned a lot of respect.

If we can beat Panama at home as you predicted and then at least draw our next home game against Mexico then your prediction of 11 points for T&T after our 10 Hex games will still be on track.
Question is will 11 points be good enough to get us at least the 4th play off spot?
Unless we can earn a 3 points away to one of the other Hex teams (like CR did to us) I don't think we will manage one of the 3 automatic WC spots but the play-off spot will be possible.

If SH and the team can turn things around and qualify us for Russia 2018 then I think they will all deserve our highest national award! 

Like Captain Kenwyne I still have faith that our team (meaning the players, coaching staff and die-hard supporters) can qualify for Russia, call me a blind patriot if you wish!  :challenge:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:02:33 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
Dunno where else to mention it but Klinsmann just got the sack

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile