April 25, 2024, 02:09:14 PM

Author Topic: Rochford’s crew ready to conquer.  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rochford’s crew ready to conquer.
« on: September 16, 2016, 03:39:35 AM »
Rochford’s crew ready to conquer.
By Nicholas Clarke (Guardian).

Captain of the National Under-17 football team John-Paul Rochford has set his sights on conquering the Jamaicans when his side does battle in the final round of the CFU Under 17 World Cup qualifiers.

The team will take on Haiti in their first match at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva tonight at 7.30 before squaring off with Bermuda on Sunday and then Jamaica on Tuesday next week.

Rochford, a member of the squad for over two years with four tours under his belt, feels that the side’s biggest challenge will come from the Jamaicans.

“From my experience, they will be toughest team to play against. Because of their ego, they think they’re the best in the Caribbean and they’re coming to win and beat T&T on their home turf. They want to have those bragging rights,” he said.

“Some people might say that we’re a very small team in terms of size; that we might not be able to contest with the bigger sized teams, but with the work and preparations we have put in, the football that we play, we can and will win our games.”

The QRC midfielder said the team had adapted well to the new head coach Russell Latapy, who joined the squad last month.

“The players realize that he was once in our position and it encourages us to train and work hard to be like him,” he said. “He believes in putting the ball on the ground and passing. He believes in playing football to win games. If you don't score goals, you can't win games.”

Rochford added that the change in coaches had not deterred the squad from its goals.

“Everyone has accepted the fact that there’s been a lot of trials and tribulations along the way. We’re still training to the best of our ability to come out successful in the end.”

MEET YOUR NATIONAL UNDER-17 SOCA WARRIORS

Tyrique Andrews
Age 16
W. Connection
Naparima College
Defender

John-Paul Rochford
Age 16
North East Stars
Queens Royal College
Midfielder

Jaydon Prowell
Age 16
Central FC
St Anthony's College
Striker

Elijah Shade
Age 15
Jabloteh
St. Anthony's College
Goalkeeper   

Isaiah Hudson
Age 16
W. Connection
Naparima College
Midfielder

Jodel Brown
Age 16
Jabloteh
St. Anthony's College
Midfielder

Nion Lammy
Age 16
Point Fortin Civic
Presentation College Sfdo
Striker
Jonathan Godette

Age 16
DC United
Maryland
Striker
Che Benny

Age 16
Rangers
St. Anthony's College
Midfielder
Tyrese Bailey

Age 15
Jabloteh
St. Anthony's College
Striker
Brandon Semper

Age 16
Jabloteh
San Juan North Secondary
Defender
Kerdell Sween

Age 16
Jabloteh
San Juan North Secondary
Defender

Jessie Williams
Age 15
Rangers
East Mucurapo Secondary
Defender

Keon Boney
Age 16
North East Stars
North Eastern College
Midfielder

Mark Ramdeen
Age 16
W. Connection
Naparima College
Midfielder

Luke Singh
Age 16
Vaughn Azzuri
St Edmund Campion
Midfielder

Omar Da Naia
Age 16
Vaughn Azzuri
Bill Brothers Secondary
Midfielder           

Nikel Orr
Age 15
Jabloteh
Trinity East College
Midfielder

Keshon Hackshaw
Age 16
North East Stars
Trinity East College
Striker

Jerren Jackie
Age 15
Point Fortin Civic
Presentation College Sfdo
Defender

Emmanuel John
Age 16
Jabloteh
Trinity East College
Goalkeeper

Andre Raymond
Age 15
W. Connection
Naparima College
Midfielder

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Rochford’s crew ready to conquer.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
Good luck to the young warriors today!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »
what is the link???

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:51:31 AM »
I feel sorry for these boys. 'Training' for this long and not a single decent warm-up game for them. How hard is it to get a lil' sweat in Bdos, Grenada or Venezuela. Brace for impact
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 04:36:55 AM »
I feel sorry for these boys. 'Training' for this long and not a single decent warm-up game for them. How hard is it to get a lil' sweat in Bdos, Grenada or Venezuela. Brace for impact

Not as easy as one might think. (Also listen to Latas' post-match remarks).

However, remind Sam. I didn't see this within his warm presidential evaluation. Although, the president quite correctly hailed the fact that multiple teams are simultaneously up and running.

By the way, I understand the point but I am compelled to say the following:

Playing Barbados and Grenada would be a waste of resources. Versus Venezuela, I would ask to play their U20s.

At the same time, whose responsibility is it to arrive at a training cycle? The coach or the administrators?

If there is a period of there being no coach ... who becomes responsible for planning the training cycle? The Technical Committee? The toothless interim?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:45:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »

Not as easy as one might think. (Also listen to Latas' post-match remarks).

However, remind Sam. I didn't see this within his warm presidential evaluation. Although, the president quite correctly hailed the fact that multiple teams are simultaneously up and running.

By the way, I understand the point but I am compelled to say the following:

Playing Barbados and Grenada would be a waste of resources. Versus Venezuela, I would ask to play their U20s.

At the same time, whose responsibility is it to arrive at a training cycle? The coach or the administrators?

If there is a period of there being no coach ... who becomes responsible for planning the training cycle? The Technical Committee? The toothless interim?

playing grenada or bdos a waste of resources? when higher ranking teams like honduras, costa rica or even an argentina request to play us, is that a waste of their resources too? many of t&t's difficulites stem from not being able to play as a unit. we have to start somewhere no?  why not start with our closest neighbours and then put our players and strategies to the test against tougher opponents. doesen't matter if its not as easy as one may think. what is the point of playing these tournaments every year with the same poor results year in year out if we fraid hard work

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
No disagreement with playing a Barbados early on in the macrocycle. In the later stages as a hurry-come-quick thing to say "yeah we have a friendly? A firm no. (Which is what I understood to be the thrust of the concern. A lack of friendlies... why we doh/didn't call Bados etc).

That stated, my comment was addressed to the current generation in each place mentioned. Not going by country name but by country reality in the age group.

Argentina U17s have absolutely no interest or need to play us. And the Central American teams are busy. Their microcycle preparation puts us to shame. What we get is their crumbs and their self-serving charity.

P.S. We don't have a macrocycle ... which is STUNNING if we ever plan to have long-term athlete development versus vaille que vaille fruits.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:39:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
well thats's the point..they training so long and not a single game 'easy' game to put the coach's system to the test, or weed out practice champs. that should have happened about 6 months ago.

i'm not talking about any specific age group or country. however there is a reason the south and central americans, are as you say, too busy. they are busy preparing against other similarly well prepared teams. a cycle has to start somewhere.

in 2006 brian williams was in charge of a highly regarded t&t u20 squad of which much was expected. atuallah guerra, lester peltier, javed mohammed, khaleem hyland, abu bakhar, carlisle mitchell and two very promising prospects (at the time) in aaron downing and keon daniel were on that team. they got nothing from the ttff. JA eliminated them from CFU.

knowing they screwed up, the ttff gave everything they had to the less highly touted 2007 U17s. they went on to two world cups. lessons of history are right in front of our administrators. but sheer incompetence renders them unable to internalize and apply them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
well thats's the point..they training so long and not a single game 'easy' game to put the coach's system to the test, or weed out practice champs. that should have happened about 6 months ago.

i'm not talking about any specific age group or country. however there is a reason the south and central americans, are as you say, too busy. they are busy preparing against other similarly well prepared teams. a cycle has to start somewhere.

In 2006 brian williams was in charge of a highly regarded t&t u20 squad of which much was expected. atuallah guerra, lester peltier, javed mohammed, khaleem hyland, abu bakhar, carlisle mitchell and two very promising prospects (at the time) in aaron downing and keon daniel were on that team. they got nothing from the ttff. JA eliminated them from CFU.

knowing they screwed up, the ttff gave everything they had to the less highly touted 2007 U17s. they went on to two world cups. lessons of history are right in front of our administrators. but sheer incompetence renders them unable to internalize and apply them.

After reading that, ah felt somebody should ketch a charge. Sounds criminal.

By the way, football history? Collectively, we seem to remember only missing out on '90 and '74. But those personally involved in other events, still bear the scars. Some still have open wounds.

1]; } ?>