March 29, 2024, 02:33:53 AM

Author Topic: TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.  (Read 14274 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2016, 01:55:36 PM »
So it eh the local base who spoke out but somebody did. I am sure they spoke out because they felt that if they had pull that stunt the treatment would have been different. So be it local or foreign players in the squad feel that there is not equal treatment that is the issue.

I have no way of knowing if the highlighted statement is accurate or not.

But what I do know is that the world not equal. Society eh equal.  And sports teams definitely not equal.

If anybody feel that Isco getting the exact same treatment as Ronaldo at Real Madrid......they livin in fantasy land with Tatoo

If Azpilicueta did defraud the Spanish Government of hundreds of millions of dollars by not paying taxes like Lionel Messi.....he ass would be lost in jail.  Messi get a jail sentence.....in theory because he didn't have to spend a second in jail and continuing to score hat tricks in Champions League matches.  And he not even Spanish

Stars ALWAYS get preferential treatment.  Is it a good optic?  Of course not.  Should the "stars" be more responsible?  Absolutely. 

But when your livelihood is decided on whether you win or lose....coaches will choose to go with what they feel is their best chance to win the vast majority of the time.

ALL teams have issues.  If it's not about man breaking curfew...is about who get to take free kick.....who get to start....who getting to play where they want....who have dey own room....etc.   

This is nothing new.  And in the better teams....it is sometimes the players as a group that hold everyone accountable.

Then it go be talk bout coach pet (it always have those)....dey doh like meh because ah from south......dey hatin because iz a ghetto yute etc

We know all of that but obvious they eh feel so. Somebody spokeo inmaturity on all side. The 23rd man in the squad suppose to know he is 23rd and them fellas suppose to not break camp like some teenagers.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »
At the end of the day this whole episode left a bad taste in most supporters mouth.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2016, 03:59:16 PM »
So it eh the local base who spoke out but somebody did. I am sure they spoke out because they felt that if they had pull that stunt the treatment would have been different. So be it local or foreign players in the squad feel that there is not equal treatment that is the issue.

I have no way of knowing if the highlighted statement is accurate or not.

But what I do know is that the world not equal. Society eh equal.  And sports teams definitely not equal.

If anybody feel that Isco getting the exact same treatment as Ronaldo at Real Madrid......they livin in fantasy land with Tatoo

If Azpilicueta did defraud the Spanish Government of hundreds of millions of dollars by not paying taxes like Lionel Messi.....he ass would be lost in jail.  Messi get a jail sentence.....in theory because he didn't have to spend a second in jail and continuing to score hat tricks in Champions League matches.  And he not even Spanish

Stars ALWAYS get preferential treatment.  Is it a good optic?  Of course not.  Should the "stars" be more responsible?  Absolutely. 

But when your livelihood is decided on whether you win or lose....coaches will choose to go with what they feel is their best chance to win the vast majority of the time.

ALL teams have issues.  If it's not about man breaking curfew...is about who get to take free kick.....who get to start....who getting to play where they want....who have dey own room....etc.   

This is nothing new.  And in the better teams....it is sometimes the players as a group that hold everyone accountable.

Then it go be talk bout coach pet (it always have those)....dey doh like meh because ah from south......dey hatin because iz a ghetto yute etc

We know all of that but obvious they eh feel so. Somebody spokeo inmaturity on all side. The 23rd man in the squad suppose to know he is 23rd and them fellas suppose to not break camp like some teenagers.

I will say again.....this is, and should have remained an internal team issue.  Sometimes people are disgruntled and nothing wrong with that.  That happens.  Usually there are protocols in place for players to make their feelings known and have them addressed

If players feel they can't trust those protocols so that they can get a fair hearing...that's definitely an issue and one that needs to be addressed.

I also don't think venting to people outside of the team environment as a means to communicate their displeasure publicly does anyone, far less the team, any good.

What's the expectation?   I disappointed in my teammates actions and vex that they still get to play so I tellin de public what went on?  I show up my teammates and coaches in the process...but that doh matter.   Is unfairness going on and dem fellas get off easy.

It must be real bun dem players when de player dey wanted to punish end up scoring de goals for the team to qualify.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2016, 03:57:53 AM »

I give credit to the coach on how he is handling himself with the press and stakeholders. Very professional and unusually humble in my opinion.

Disunity is so destructive for us over the years as a fan I almost want to do a witch hunt for the leak and drop them. At the least I would want the coach to know who it is so he can have a talk with them and set them straight same he did with the three and close this off.

The focus needs to be on how we regaining our on field chemistry and form. CFU is critical and I hope they understand they need to push themselves regardless of the competition and be merciless to the end of every game....or be consistent if we getting a run.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2016, 04:26:03 AM »

I give credit to the coach on how he is handling himself with the press and stakeholders. Very professional and unusually humble in my opinion.

Disunity is so destructive for us over the years as a fan I almost want to do a witch hunt for the leak and drop them. At the least I would want the coach to know who it is so he can have a talk with them and set them straight same he did with the three and close this off.

The focus needs to be on how we regaining our on field chemistry and form. CFU is critical and I hope they understand they need to push themselves regardless of the competition and be merciless to the end of every game....or be consistent if we getting a run.
So the leak came from a player within the team ?.Wow shocking ,what a snake ,I agree he should be dropped .Was not sure where this news came from I was thinking ppl on the boatride recognized them ,did not think it had mole in the team .

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Play hard or party hard
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2016, 05:18:15 AM »
Play hard or party hard
By Marlon Miller (T&T Express)

THERE’S nothing like a World Cup qualifier to get almost 20,000 people from Trinidad and Tobago and a handful of visitors from Guatemala together without anyone feeling a burning sensation in some part of their body.

For those who haven’t had the misfortune to experience it, that is police-speak for getting shot. But where we were two Fridays ago was a non-combat zone, with most everyone assembled in unanimous support of T&T’s Soca Warriors.

There were bright smiles and high fives, especially with the team collecting the point that takes it onto the next round of qualifying for the big dance, the Concacaf Hexagonal, where it gets serious from the first game to the last.

The last time we were in the mix with a chance to get to the Copa Mundial was 11 years ago, when some of the spectators at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 2, 2016 were running around in pampers. And a few weren’t even born when T&T held Bahrain to a draw at the same venue, while those brave Trini souls who ventured to the Middle East for the away leg dodged stones and other missiles after Dennis Lawrence, one of this country’s unsung heroes, secured a famous victory, with a towering header that booked our ticket to Germany, where T&T was, and still is, the smallest-ever country to put its name among FIFA World Cup finalists.

Now, we have the good fortune to contend again for that rare honour, which will give us something else to think about besides crime over the next 12 months.

The names this time around don’t slip off the tongue as easily as Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Shaka Hislop and Stern John did all those years ago, when the above-named quartet had already earned their stripes with big clubs in the UK and Europe, adding proven experience to a squad that lacked quality in certain areas.

But together, under the supervision of a wily old fox named Leo Beenhakker, they got their act together when it mattered most and took us all the way to Dortmund, Nuremberg and Kaiserslautern, and all points in between, for a once-in-a-lifetime journey that those of us who were fortunate enough to accompany them will treasure forever.

Okay, we can spew all the flowery prose we like and revive sweet memories of 2006, but the harsh reality ten years later is that we have very little chance of setting off on another summertime excursion through Europe in 2018.

Yes, the honest ones among us will admit that Guatemala could have put tears in our eyes that Friday night, denying us the point that got us into the Hex. And we all know what happened four days later, when the US reasserted itself as the top dog in the zone with an authoritative 4-0 victory over T&T.

Now, it turns out that three of our players broke curfew a couple nights before the Guatemala encounter to enjoy a boat cruise in the Gulf of Paria. And one of the guilty trio even scored both goals which earned us the 2-2 draw with the Central Americans.

So all I can think about is that if coach Stephen Hart had benched those guys, instead of fining them—or both—we wouldn’t be looking forward to the road to Russia and the national football programme would be another smouldering mess, once again failing to live up to its undoubted potential.

Instead, we are very much alive and now it is all about how much these players want it, whether they are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to try to display their talents on football’s grandest stage—to play hard or party hard.

The supporters who were at the stadium earlier this month will be back again come November 11, when Costa Rica come calling…actually, not all of them because some of my friends were grumbling about how much trouble they had to go through to find a cold beer, and others didn’t like the long wait in line to get into the venue. So unless the TTFA gets its act together, there will be a few seats to fill.

But the die-hard Warrior fans will return with their flags and face paint, decked in red, and as long as skipper Kenwyne Jones and his troops are giving it their all, they will stick it out right to the end in October next year, when the US are our final opponents.

As another pessimistic friend said, let’s hope we don’t need a point then, we having lived through November 19, 1989, when a point was all we needed to get to Italia 1990…and we all know what happened that day.
But, for now, I’ll be the eternal optimist.

I have the utmost respect for coach Hart, who knows how to get the best out of his players. Hopefully, those players will return that respect and not abandon him to have a good time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2016, 06:16:34 AM »
Nothing wrong in partying hard. Just know when to do it.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »
Look, them men f00cked up but they paid they penalty.

Move on now, hopefully they learn they lesson.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football fans taken on a goat ride?
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2016, 08:28:42 AM »
T&T Newsday Letter

THE EDITOR: I have heard the bleating sounds coming from the camp of the national football team and was wondering if football fans are being taken for a goat ride.

I find it hard to understand national football coach Stephen Hart’s approach to dealing “internally” with a serious matter of indiscipline involving three members of the team, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino and Mekeil Williams, who broke camp and went on a boat ride to pock it, rock it and bend down low, ahead of the World Cup qualifier against Guatemala.

Football fans learned, through the media, that the trio was heavily fined and the matter dealt with “internally”. Am I to believe that once the matter was dealt with that was that? I say that Hart and the TT Football Association (TTFA) have a responsibility to fans and taxpayers, whose dollars support the team, to always account even if it is the good, the bad or the ugly.

President of the TTFA, David John Williams, cannot be talking about transparency and being open and a matter is handled “internally”. Football supporters are not beh behs. This matter could have been handled with a simple press release the following day, stating the facts and the fines and the penalty for future indiscretions by any player.

Just like in the match against the US, Hart has blundered.

The US qualifier in Florida is a telling view of how not to play football. The basics were lacking.

All that was missing were alcoholic drinks, and a pot of pelau. Did I hear someone say it was a fete match? Hart and some players must either shape up or ship out.

KEITH ANDERSON via e-mail
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2016, 09:18:24 AM »
What a steaming pile I just read there ^^ lol. Everyone is an expert on team discipline now steups. Ttfa actually not obliged to say anything wrt discipinary action. Had this not been leaked the general public should not even be aware.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football fans taken on a goat ride?
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
T&T Newsday Letter

THE EDITOR: I have heard the bleating sounds coming from the camp of the national football team and was wondering if football fans are being taken for a goat ride.

I find it hard to understand national football coach Stephen Hart’s approach to dealing “internally” with a serious matter of indiscipline involving three members of the team, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino and Mekeil Williams, who broke camp and went on a boat ride to pock it, rock it and bend down low, ahead of the World Cup qualifier against Guatemala.

Football fans learned, through the media, that the trio was heavily fined and the matter dealt with “internally”. Am I to believe that once the matter was dealt with that was that? I say that Hart and the TT Football Association (TTFA) have a responsibility to fans and taxpayers, whose dollars support the team, to always account even if it is the good, the bad or the ugly.

President of the TTFA, David John Williams, cannot be talking about transparency and being open and a matter is handled “internally”. Football supporters are not beh behs. This matter could have been handled with a simple press release the following day, stating the facts and the fines and the penalty for future indiscretions by any player.

Just like in the match against the US, Hart has blundered.

The US qualifier in Florida is a telling view of how not to play football. The basics were lacking.

All that was missing were alcoholic drinks, and a pot of pelau. Did I hear someone say it was a fete match? Hart and some players must either shape up or ship out.

KEITH ANDERSON via e-mail

Taxpayer dollars is the reason you want to know. Go ask UNC about 1 billion desalination plant, 6 million to wreck a firetruck or 120 Life Sport. Go ask PNM for for Calder Hart and UDECOTT hundreds of millions.

You not man enough to do that so you asking for football money accountability. Steups

1]; } ?>