March 28, 2024, 11:52:15 AM

Author Topic: TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.  (Read 14268 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BOAT RIDE ON INDEPENDENCE DAY
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »
Should the players drink before the game , should they have sex before a game. I have heard about this for a while now. Some big name players do it and nothing is done to them, especially if they win. If they had beaten Guat., I don't think there would have been a big brouha. But the players involved should have known better. They should not have gone, knowing the precarious nature of our squad. Knowing some fans would question their judgement.  We don't "rule" concacaf. We don't even rule CFU. They should have found another way to "blow off steam". I don't think the boat ride was the reason for poor performance. They were simply outplayed.

We really eh care whether they were outplayed indiscipline is the issue
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
Team achieved job 1 which was to qualify for the Hex.

Men decide to go out to celebrate knowing that they already in the Hex

And yes...it was against team curfew etc.....but I'm fairly confident this would not have happened had they not already qualified

Teams deal with curfew and team discipline issues all the time.  ALL TEAMS.

And fans are among the most hypocritical set of people.  They expect priest like behaviour from athletes and turn a blind eye to administrators who royally f**k up on a regular basis.

Some players went on a boat ride after making the Hex....and we lose our shit.  Because they so well taken care of and catered to and we expect that they will think of nothing else than going on the field of play and playing their heart out while we boo dem down at the slightest mis trap.  GOD forbid they miss a chance or palm the ball to the opposing player for them to score.  Then is all kinda cried of shithound etc raining down.

We like we comess and this just feeds into that.  Is big men we dealing with.  EVERY team has rules and a culture particular to that team.  The issue would have been dealt with internally. 

This is the same team members that got the team to the Hex.  Now allyuh want blood.   Whatever happens from here....we fully deserve it.

Well internally some players feel that they eh like how it was handled. I guess if the local based felt that if they had pull that stunt it would have been a differnt story. We culture is to break curfew. Like they need to make all national players read about Trotman and the consequences of breaking curfew.

Fair enough.  And that's for the management team to handle. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »
No since destroying the boys career because they been away pining for home .Some of these guys are still just young men if not kids .Just keep it confidential .
I know if I had done that in my early twenties I would hope ppl who knew would not blurb on me .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »
Joevin Jones
Kevin  Molino
Mekeil Williams

Lasana say so
Lol Suspend them all for a game ;D
And Joevin still score a brace
Expect the backlash caused the USA debacle .
Oh well boys will be boys and them boys been busting them asses off . Still should not have done it tho
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:13:35 PM by Quags »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
Quags, as far as I am concern, after 19/20 .... the responsibility issues kicks in. They are not dock workers or civil servants. They have been in a professional environment from about 17/18. Not like in my time in the 70s. That should have been instilled in them from early. Like I said, if they had won, this would have been a none issue. They just have to find another way to relax. We went Toronto for a youth tournament, and about 3 guys went out one night. How the coach know that? because the coach, manager, assistant coach and the runaways, all bounced up in the same night club. The next morning the entire team had to run in the park for over an hour. And after that the team get a speech on priority and responsibility. And a curfew was handed down. We were not 19 as yet.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »
Quags, as far as I am concern, after 19/20 .... the responsibility issues kicks in. They are not dock workers or civil servants. They have been in a professional environment from about 17/18. Not like in my time in the 70s. That should have been instilled in them from early. Like I said, if they had won, this would have been a none issue. They just have to find another way to relax. We went Toronto for a youth tournament, and about 3 guys went out one night. How the coach know that? because the coach, manager, assistant coach and the runaways, all bounced up in the same night club. The next morning the entire team had to run in the park for over an hour. And after that the team get a speech on priority and responsibility. And a curfew was handed down. We were not 19 as yet.
Exactly the coach dealt with it internally did not nationally embrass them .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
Buh look who say wha if Sam had done this no one would bat an eyelid lol
Molino score for Orlando on return also .
Also if on the boat cruise they just chilled no drinking just took in the sights and sounds anybody thought of that .Just looked at the island .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:25:54 PM by Quags »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
Yes, Quags dey break curfew to go on a sightseeing tour overnight.  ;D

I ent know what kinda boat ride you does go lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »
Yes, Quags dey break curfew to go on a sightseeing tour overnight.  ;D

I ent know what kinda boat ride you does go lol
Well it could happen they are professionals after all, trained to be good at all times .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »
It really doh matter now because the cat is out of the bag. The whole friggin team should have gone to the boat ride for a pre match bonding.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »
Hopefully we could get Stuart Charles with Shabazz as technical advisor in there as quickly as possible to root out the indiscipline and guarantee us a top 2 spot in the Hex.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »
Smoke screen ting fuh bigger play

Allyuh well gullible.....AND easily manipulated

Reason to fire Hart? I eh really care if it is  have more than the mortar than the pestle. Long story short them fellas need to be dealt with because next thing I hear the Under 17 by the whore house in Chase Village Thursday night.
Pin point accuracy  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:45:06 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »
Hopefully we could get Stuart Charles with Shabazz as technical advisor in there as quickly as possible to root out the indiscipline and guarantee us a top 2 spot in the Hex.

You real hammering that home. Message received. :)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »
It really doh matter now because the cat is out of the bag. The whole friggin team should have gone to the boat ride for a pre match bonding.

:rotfl: :rotfl: ah weak

but yea if ppl aint see anything wrong with it then by all means shuttle d whole team down too

imagine the latent discord within the camp and between groups of players

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »

You real hammering that home. Message received. :)

Actually...it won't be Stuartie as Head Coach.....he'll likely be one of the assistants.  Legends bro.....legends....and the masses will be well pleased  :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2016, 06:28:21 PM »

You real hammering that home. Message received

Actually...it won't be Stuartie as Head Coach.....he'll likely be one of the assistants.  Legends bro.....legends....and the masses will be well pleased  :)

If Hart is axed because of this then my Panel shopping starting now. No need to wait for Divali. Molino etal so dumb they eh realize they creasing the axe for DJW.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:31:00 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2016-09-13/ttfa-fines-molino-jones-and-williams

.as Hart promises drastic action if repeated
Published:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
United States' Christian Pulisic (10) moves the ball past Trinidad & Tobago's Joevin Jones (3) during the second half of a CONCACAF World Cup qualifying soccer match on September 6 in Jacksonville, Fla, USA. The USA won 4-0. AP photo

WALTER ALIBEY

The three players who broke camp before the World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala on September 2, received hefty fines, national coach Stephen Hart said yesterday.

The players—midfielders Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones, who play for Orlando City and the Seattle Sounders in America’s Major League Soccer (MLS) respectively—and defender Mekeil Williams of the Colorado Rapids that also campaigns in the MLS, broke the team’s curfew on Independence night (August 31st) to attend a boat cruise, without the knowledge of Hart and his technical staff.

Hart explained yesterday that the matter was dealt with as a team the morning after by handing the players heavy fines, saying it is the way matters like those are normally handled.

Hart said he wanted to get on with the matter at heart which was qualifying for the World Cup. “I can assure you the fines were hefty, after that we just got on with game. It was actually the first time it has happened under my reign and not like it happens all the time. However, I can assure you that if it happens again, more drastic actions will be taken against the players” Hart explained.

The issue has since gained the attention of the media and the public, with concerns being raised about appropriate action for the players.

Contacted, president of the T&T Football Association David John-Williams said he was expected to receive a report on the matter this evening (yesterday ). He told the Trinidad Guardian that while he did not want to comment on the issue until he receives the report, he felt very disappointed by what had happened. And when quizzed on whether he felt it may have had an effect on the performance of the team, John-Williams said: “It may have. You can never know if that may have affected the way the team played that night. It was very possible”

The T&T team came from a goal down to draw with Guatemala 2-2 in front a sold-out crowd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, with the left footed Jones (Joevin) getting the double strike to earn his team the vital point to advance to the Final Round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifier, Concacaf Zone.

It is understood the players are likely to be sent to the football association’s Disciplinary Committee upon investigation. But Hart, when quizzed on whether the players should receive additional punishment, said “That is entirely up to the FA to decide. We have dealt with it as a team but I cannot say what the FA should or should not do.”
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:19:48 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 03:28:14 AM »
TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Hart promises drastic action if repeated

The three players who broke camp before the World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala on September 2, received hefty fines, national coach Stephen Hart said yesterday.

The players—midfielders Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones, who play for Orlando City and the Seattle Sounders in America’s Major League Soccer (MLS) respectively—and defender Mekeil Williams of the Colorado Rapids that also campaigns in the MLS, broke the team’s curfew on Independence night (August 31st) to attend a boat cruise, without the knowledge of Hart and his technical staff.

Hart explained yesterday that the matter was dealt with as a team the morning after by handing the players heavy fines, saying it is the way matters like those are normally handled.

Hart said he wanted to get on with the matter at heart which was qualifying for the World Cup. “I can assure you the fines were hefty, after that we just got on with game. It was actually the first time it has happened under my reign and not like it happens all the time. However, I can assure you that if it happens again, more drastic actions will be taken against the players” Hart explained.

The issue has since gained the attention of the media and the public, with concerns being raised about appropriate action for the players.

Contacted, president of the T&T Football Association David John-Williams said he was expected to receive a report on the matter this evening (yesterday ). He told the Trinidad Guardian that while he did not want to comment on the issue until he receives the report, he felt very disappointed by what had happened. And when quizzed on whether he felt it may have had an effect on the performance of the team, John-Williams said: “It may have. You can never know if that may have affected the way the team played that night. It was very possible”

The T&T team came from a goal down to draw with Guatemala 2-2 in front a sold-out crowd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, with the left footed Jones (Joevin) getting the double strike to earn his team the vital point to advance to the Final Round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifier, Concacaf Zone.

It is understood the players are likely to be sent to the football association’s Disciplinary Committee upon investigation. But Hart, when quizzed on whether the players should receive additional punishment, said “That is entirely up to the FA to decide. We have dealt with it as a team but I cannot say what the FA should or should not do.”

RELATED NEWS

TTFA: No comment
...wants dialogue with management before making statement
By Sean Taylor (Express).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is staying mum on the current issue involving three national players who were allegedly reported to be partying two days before the Guatemala match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Feedback from the TTFA indicated that no discussions regarding the incident have yet been had, but should be tackled soon to find a resolution. According to reports in the media, three overseas-based professionals broke camp on Independence Day, which was virtually on the eve of the crunch match against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 2.

The players, who have yet to be identified, were alleged to have gone on a boat ride, and were then subsequently allowed to play in both the Guatemala match as well as the final match against the United States last Tuesday.

Claims include that the national squad has been divided since, however no confirmation was forthcoming as to whether the rumours of disunity are indeed true. “All I have to say about the issue is that I am disappointed,” said John-Williams yesterday.

The TTFA president was unwilling to comment further, as it is a management issue and he cannot comment until he meets with the management team. Team manager William Wallace also was unable to confirm the allegations of division and nepotism within the squad, echoing John-Williams' sentiments that they would have to sit and discuss the matter, before they make an official release.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:30:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2016, 04:04:52 AM »
They wrong to go against team rules, but sometimes there are to much rules. Team  SPORT , but not everyone prepares the same. Individuals prepare differently. should be up to team and coaches, and also to do the fix. Ppl tend to equate with going to war and doing some critical job as if ppl lives depend on it, I guess that is why athletes today can make so much money, and they must be professional la la la...good thing hart didn't fire them on the spot.. We went thru.. Good thing we didn't lose, firing squad ? We take sport to this level, and ppl who responsible for actually helping other people and saving lives, we underpay them, hardly take notice publicly, except when we need them individually, and regardless of how many successes they have, they mess up once, we kick them out of helping and want them dead..so they better come good.

Professional Athletes don't have to be so perfect doh, and regardless of what reasons of giving professional status, they are not. Besides the fact they are young.
Some ppl recognized ppl feel this way about sport and had the bright idea to make it a business, and the public termed the athletes professionals. Many are just talented big kids with money, cause from young, ppl not letting them be free, they must be this and can't do that..etc.. I think they should be allowed to live a little, and learn from their mistakes..what might be a error in judgement for one, might be the relaxation necessary for another...the manager could decide who is ready, acting within reason and m make the appropriate selections or disciplinary actions.

Players have to understand the concept of the plan and be able to execute said plan, but they won't all read the same way. Some may not be able to read at all. And a good manager can still utilize and guide him/her. Like parenting.

Discipline in order, yes, but to be going on and on, no..move on..next lesson...

I just thinking out loud, I not a professional myself..so excuse the rambling
If

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2016, 05:43:57 AM »
To whom much is given much is expected. Those three should set an example . They know that they could not try that foolishness with their professional clubs. Is it any wonder that some folks prefer a foreign coach , We seem not to respect our own. Is the same star boy thing that is a curse to our football. The same S---- another day. This episode really does no favors to the Coach.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2016, 06:17:07 AM »
To whom much is given much is expected. Those three should set an example . They know that they could not try that foolishness with their professional clubs. Is it any wonder that some folks prefer a foreign coach , We seem not to respect our own. Is the same star boy thing that is a curse to our football. The same S---- another day. This episode really does no favors to the Coach.

:beermug: well said. I hope this is a learning lesson to them and other players who will even think about putting their personal gains before the national team while on duty. Time for this shit to stop as we have to set the right example for the youths coming up the ranks. I hope this never happens again.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 08:32:29 AM »
This still happening? For a f**king boat cruise? Men risking it all for a boat cruise? Men didn't sneak out to go check the gf or pregnant wife but to go on a boat lime? A big hard back 25+ year old footballer can't do without a boat cruise 2 days before a qualifier? You sneaking out at 25 years old to go party? We still calling these men "young". Pulisic at 17 years old make them boys look like amateurs. All those boys on tnt team wish hey could switch places with Pulisic and play for a big German team. We still don't understand discipline. Why are some people encouraging or downplaying this. What if there was an incident on the boat cruise resulting in an injury or something. How does insurance work with things like that. Those things not always safe. Does have fight and shooting after at times. Didn't a national player get shot at home after coming home from one? Those boys from carenage don't always keep the best company and they move in a group. You may have had nothing to do with anything but end up in the cross fire. SMH

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »
This still happening? For a f**king boat cruise? Men risking it all for a boat cruise? Men didn't sneak out to go check the gf or pregnant wife but to go on a boat lime? A big hard back 25+ year old footballer can't do without a boat cruise 2 days before a qualifier? You sneaking out at 25 years old to go party? We still calling these men "young". Pulisic at 17 years old make them boys look like amateurs. All those boys on tnt team wish hey could switch places with Pulisic and play for a big German team. We still don't understand discipline. Why are some people encouraging or downplaying this. What if there was an incident on the boat cruise resulting in an injury or something. How does insurance work with things like that. Those things not always safe. Does have fight and shooting after at times. Didn't a national player get shot at home after coming home from one? Those boys from carenage don't always keep the best company and they move in a group. You may have had nothing to do with anything but end up in the cross fire. SMH
Yuh asking answers, man.

Q: Why are some people encouraging or downplaying this?
A: We still don't understand discipline.

We always looking to give a bligh. Our motto should be, 'Oh gosh nah, man.' Our laidbackness is a gift and a curse.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »
s
Yuh asking answers, man.

We always looking to give a bligh. Our motto should be, 'Oh gosh nah, man.' Our laidbackness is a gift and a curse.
other than figuratively stoning the young men in public, or they feeling so ashamed that they quit, or surrender their 1st born. Any suggestions ?  Nobody condoning the behavior, but is it enough if the coach and admin handle it. Do you trust your coach/manager I guess is what I am asking. Or we should punish them by burning their national jerseys, so they don't do that again. Drive them way, replace, them, set an example. We have tons of Intl level players in the wings, even more professional foreign players lining up to wear the colours. Drag these indiscipline fellas thru the mud, see what you will get.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
s
Yuh asking answers, man.

other than figuratively stoning the young men in public, or they feeling so ashamed that they quit, or surrender their 1st born. Any suggestions ?  Nobody condoning the behavior, but is it enough if the coach and admin handle it. Do you trust your coach/manager I guess is what I am asking. Or we should punish them by burning their national jerseys, so they don't do that again. Drive them way, replace, them, set an example. We have tons of Intl level players in the wings, even more professional foreign players lining up to wear the colours. Drag these indiscipline fellas thru the mud, see what you will get.
First ting you say is it does have 'too much rules.' But, yes, a strong fine and a good cussout is sufficient punishment in my opinion. They deserve and getting both.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
s
Yuh asking answers, man.

wait it seems you have a problem with fans criticising the players for what happened? you want us to just be quiet and hush we mouth?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »
Huh ? I have no problem with critique of players and their play. Why you think that ? I thought they played ok, did the job actually. Why you think that ? Why have fans who would hush they mouth ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »
:frustrated:Huh ? I have no problem with critique of players and their play. Why you think that ? I thought they played ok, did the job actually. Why you think that ? Wht have fans who would hush they mouth ?

Their play is not being discussed here and it is not their play being criticised as well. Sure you know this but I will gladly point it out to you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
:frustrated:Huh ? I have no problem with critique of players and their play. Why you think that ? I thought they played ok, did the job actually. Why you think that ? Wht have fans who would hush they mouth ?

Their play is not being discussed here and it is not their play being criticised as well. Sure you know this but I will gladly point it out to you.
Are you all discussing or berating ? (read, insulting, cussin out)  my bad..maybe I misunderstood. Carry on
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:10:02 AM by maxg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

Are you all discussing or berating ? (read, insulting, cussin out)  my bad..maybe I misunderstood. Carry on

Next time we will hire you to stand as guard in front the players hotel room door to make sure they behave themselves and not break curfew so we can avoid your feelings being hurt by fans criticism of players indiscipline.
:D

1]; } ?>