March 28, 2024, 10:29:03 AM

Author Topic: TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.  (Read 14266 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BOAT RIDE ON INDEPENDENCE DAY
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
Nothing is more pathetic than having to stand outside their door to ensure that they don't break camp to go to a boat cruise. The sad thing about it is that most of them are one bad season away from ending back up in the Pro League. Didn't Jones get fined a couple years ago for playing in a minor league whilst contracted for W Connection. These guys are over 25 years old. That is olddddddddd

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
Ah wonder what the conversation today would be had we played Guatemala without Joevin Jones (scored 2 goals), Molino, and Mekeil Williams due to the coaching staff suspending them for breaking curfew?

Probably wouldn't have much conversation at all as we likely would be out the Hex and this board would be dead.

Then peeps would be bawlin bout how the coaching staff duncy

I'm also curious about reports that some players in the team are disgruntled by the way the issue was handled and claims of bias and nepotism.

Nepotism?

nepotism
noun [ U ] UK ​ /ˈnep.ə.tɪ.zəm/ US ​ /ˈnep.ə.tɪ.zəm/ formal disapproving

the act of using your power or influence to get good jobs or unfair advantages for members of your own family:

I wasn't aware that anyone on the team was a member of the coaching staff's family.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2016, 11:01:20 AM »
:frustrated:Huh ? I have no problem with critique of players and their play. Why you think that ? I thought they played ok, did the job actually. Why you think that ? Wht have fans who would hush they mouth ?

Their play is not being discussed here and it is not their play being criticised as well. Sure you know this but I will gladly point it out to you.
Are you all discussing or berating ? (read, insulting, cussin out)  my bad..maybe I misunderstood. Carry on

Next time we will hire you to stand as guard in front the players hotel room door to make sure they behave themselves and not break curfew so we can avoid your feelings being hurt by fans criticism of players indiscipline.
:D
yuh making meh a professional then, I prefer U put meh to guard the boat, I will include rounds and spot checks..it's my National duty..free   ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:51 AM »
yuh making meh a professional then, I prefer U put meh to guard the boat, I will include rounds and spot checks..it's my National duty..free   ;D

;D ;D

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »
My beef not with the coaching staff...I think the punishment was appropriate. I am really disappointed in the players' immaturity though...They too old to be behaving like this. We need to see if there is a correlation between lack of intelligence and this type of behaviour.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
All dis talk, them fellahs jokey and that's that...IMHO ;)

Oh and it might be too late but somebody need to mention MICKEY TROTMAN to these jokers, steups!!! ah friggin boatride?? SMFH.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA fines Molino, Jones and Williams.
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2016, 12:43:47 PM »
All dis talk, them fellahs jokey and that's that...IMHO ;)

Oh and it might be too late but somebody need to mention MICKEY TROTMAN to these jokers, steups!!! ah friggin boatride?? SMFH.

Ent like in yuh welcome package to th eteam astory on Mickey Trotman need to be included. I really thought that was a thing of the past. But just like flooding I was wrong.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
Sad
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:59:00 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »
Jokers still going on dem boatride since one of their teammates get shot after one..........if the avenue was another destination for others they foolish too..........

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »
For VERY brief....VERY fleeting moments in time....I think to myself that it might have been better had we NOT made the Hex....

And then I say.....naaaaaaaahhhhhh

But boy......sometimes we like a never see come see in trute

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »
For VERY brief....VERY fleeting moments in time....I think to myself that it might have been better had we NOT made the Hex....

And then I say.....naaaaaaaahhhhhh

But boy......sometimes we like a never see come see in trute

All big men, with big clubs,..as if it never happen before, and won't again ?..and they still getting millions and love and admiration rain on them, but we boys..nah, dem can't have no excuse for a moment of thoughtlessness ..not a excuse or reason, but it's not the end of the world..and if their indiscretion lands them in hot water or - 'Pray to god, no'- a Hell..Then so be it. I expect them to be reprimanded as they should be, but if ppl could throw they money at Wayne and Leo, why we can't help our LIL BOYS. I done.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/breaking-curfew-footballers-punished-for-staying-out-late-6284466.html

http://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-20-soccer-players-who-are-jerks-in-real-life/

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2016, 04:31:51 PM »
Mario Balotelli broke curfew and was fined a week's wages of 150,000 pounds. The players on that list could retire early 10 times over and still enjoy comfortable lives. Those in Trinidad don't have that luxury. At 25+, they not even knocking on a door to Europe. So if they want to go and risks their livelihood and reputation for a "boat ride" hats off to them. I hope they have a decent pension plan to fall back on cause with that set of thinking I'm sure they lacking education.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »
Mario Balotelli broke curfew and was fined a week's wages of 150,000 pounds. The players on that list could retire early 10 times over and still enjoy comfortable lives. Those in Trinidad don't have that luxury. At 25+, they not even knocking on a door to Europe. So if they want to go and risks their livelihood and reputation for a "boat ride" hats off to them. I hope they have a decent pension plan to fall back on cause with that set of thinking I'm sure they lacking education.
hmmmm..you got the best education congo..that why u know better and always did things correct and in order..like now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU       

:laugh:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:55:00 PM by maxg »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2016, 05:31:40 PM »
Is not bout always doing things right...Is about decision making and being disciplined. These are not teenagers on their first overseas trip etc. These are hard back seasoned professionals. I rather you tell me they sneak away to go lay pipe at various locations. A Boat Cruise? Really....HAHAHAHA

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2016, 07:10:05 PM »
Allyuh saw Mr Joevin's instagram shortly after the issue was made public?

Check it out, it's good insight into the players' mentality.

Will leave folks to decide for themselves.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »

G, what did it say?  Not on instagram
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2016, 08:09:22 PM »

G, what did it say?  Not on instagram

"We only count blessings not problems, performance is all that matters on the day...@nash10 (3 indecipherable emojis) I see you kev (2 deuces/peace sign emojis)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »
Team chemistry was one of their strengths last year. Players griping and taking it to people outside the camp I more concerned about.
Should name those too as that worse.

Is just me or things slipping since the Haiti impasse (or election  :devil:)

I'm also curious about reports that some players in the team are disgruntled by the way the issue was handled and claims of bias and nepotism.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:22 AM »
Fifty four years as an independent country but we still behave like 12 year olds,it is small country mentality,an island full of prima donnas,that style extends to our sporting personalities.Those 3 who behaved in such an arrogant manner have done enough to send their message to others in the team,their attitude is like saying,look at us,we just qualify for the Hex,and we going for a boat ride,way allyuh go do.Well,they should be taught a lesson and dropped from the squad,let that resonate through the team and nation,bottom line is,you are not bigger than the game,TT football got you where you are so have some bloody respect for your country,stop being petty,childish and brainless.I know it was only a boat ride,but they broke the rules,we live by rules and regulations,if you can't do that then avoid sport,or any form of regimentation,sports have plenty of that.
It's time to start putting more emphasis on local players,our best football up to date has come from local players,1974 and 1990,yes I know we qualified for 2006,that's another story.If a Trini is playing abroad and wants to play for TT,that player must contact TT,not the other way around.A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW TO DEAL WITH PRIMA DONNAS IS KEVIN PETERSEN,PROBABLY THE GREATEST BATSMAN IN THE WORLD AT THE TIME HE WAS DROPPED.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2016, 07:00:34 AM »
Fifty four years as an independent country but we still behave like 12 year olds,it is small country mentality,an island full of prima donnas,that style extends to our sporting personalities.Those 3 who behaved in such an arrogant manner have done enough to send their message to others in the team,their attitude is like saying,look at us,we just qualify for the Hex,and we going for a boat ride,way allyuh go do.Well,they should be taught a lesson and dropped from the squad,let that resonate through the team and nation,bottom line is,you are not bigger than the game,TT football got you where you are so have some bloody respect for your country,stop being petty,childish and brainless.I know it was only a boat ride,but they broke the rules,we live by rules and regulations,if you can't do that then avoid sport,or any form of regimentation,sports have plenty of that.
It's time to start putting more emphasis on local players,our best football up to date has come from local players,1974 and 1990,yes I know we qualified for 2006,that's another story.If a Trini is playing abroad and wants to play for TT,that player must contact TT,not the other way around.A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HOW TO DEAL WITH PRIMA DONNAS IS KEVIN PETERSEN,PROBABLY THE GREATEST BATSMAN IN THE WORLD AT THE TIME HE WAS DROPPED.
Why don't you buy your own team and then hire and fire your own players .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2016, 08:23:07 AM »
Team chemistry was one of their strengths last year. Players griping and taking it to people outside the camp I more concerned about.

Team Chemistry is important but the local players know that if they pull that stunt it would be a different course of action. Thus they talking out.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »

Team Chemistry is important but the local players know that if they pull that stunt it would be a different course of action. Thus they talking out.

You have concrete evidence of that? Dubious.

T&T 24-man Squad

Marvin Phillip – Morvant Caledonia AIA
Greg Ranjitsingh – Louisville City FC
Adrian Foncette – Police FC
Aubrey David – Dallas FC
Radanfah Abu Bakr – JK Silame Kalev
Sheldon Bateau – FC Krylia Sovetov
Carlyle Mitchell – Seoul E-Land FC
Daneil Cyrus – W Connection FC
Yohance Marshall – Murcielagos FC
Mekeil Williams – Colorado Rapids
Joevin Jones – Seattle Sounders
Andre Boucaud – Dagenham & Redbridge
Hughtun Hector – W Connection FC
John Bostock – Racing Lens
Levi Garcia – AZ Alkmaar
Kevin Molino – Orlando City
Khaleem Hyland – KVC Westerlo
Neveal Hackshaw – Charleston Battery
Jomal Williams – Murcielagos FC
Trevin Caesar – Orange County FC
Shahdon Winchester – Murcielagos FC
Kevan George – Jacksonville Armada FC
Cordell Cato – San Jose Earthquakes
Kenwyne Jones – Central FC
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:07:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2016, 09:25:25 AM »

the local guys have to pipe down with that noise. It is very simple.......the coach's hands were tied, plus these are not fringe players we're talking about, these guys are top players on the squad who we would class as irreplaceable. What local could fill the void of a Molina or Jovin jones? And as its stands mikel Williams is or best performing full back.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:35:00 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »
Look at that list and tell me where that local talk makes any sense. Start by scratching KJ and both GKs as being disgruntled or griping etc.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »
Obviously Molino, Joevin, and Mekeil not local.  ::)

I hate this talk about local and foreign.  ALL represent T&T and people who should know better fuelin dat dotish talk

And is not now.   Yorke used to deal with that dotish talk too.

Not a peep when "local" Hardest, Whitley, Guerra etc do assness back in de day and still play on the National team tho

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2016, 10:44:52 AM »
Obviously Molino, Joevin, and Mekeil not local.  ::)

I hate this talk about local and foreign.  ALL represent T&T and people who should know better fuelin dat dotish talk

And is not now.   Yorke used to deal with that dotish talk too.

Not a peep when "local" Hardest, Whitley, Guerra etc do assness back in de day and still play on the National team tho
have to agree with you. trinidadians are never happy unless there is mele and uneasiness. Just look at the news, every day there is bickering and melodrama about who said what and who broke what law in the political arena with the whole investigative process costing the state millions over pure nonsense, and for things they could have easily overlooked or have open discussions on that actually turns into a charade.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:46:41 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2016, 11:41:38 AM »
Dudes, things like this has happened before. I remember in the 70s, a big TT player was side-lined fom the team for some indescretion that occurred while on tour. I think it was breaking a curfew. It was on the papers. But no names was mentioned. But it has happened before. This boat ride thing is leaving a sourness on the forum. We don't know if the team is affected by it. All we want from them players is to play good football and win. That did not happen for the last 2 games. We tired of hearing "they go learn", "they go learn".  Bullshit. Yes, they get the results, but it was on pins and friggin needles. When allyuh come home, is not holidays. The coach barely has 5 days to prepare. What the frig, allyuh cyah stay inside for one night.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Look at that list and tell me where that local talk makes any sense. Start by scratching KJ and both GKs as being disgruntled or griping etc.

So it eh the local base who spoke out but somebody did. I am sure they spoke out because they felt that if they had pull that stunt the treatment would have been different. So be it local or foreign players in the squad feel that there is not equal treatment that is the issue.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
but Weary, how could you possibly know "the treatment"/disciplinary action or seriousness would have been different ? Would you have reacted differently if was some other players ? Should there be a different "treatment" depending on who eg. 3 non starters or subs so far ? As someone pointed out 3 fringe players. How would you react and what kind of treatment ? The whole situation is unfortunate regardless of who it is or whatever treatment is metered out. Their indiscretion still may not be readily apparent to them, even with disciplinary action. I know, cause I been there.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:37:32 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:20 PM »
So it eh the local base who spoke out but somebody did. I am sure they spoke out because they felt that if they had pull that stunt the treatment would have been different. So be it local or foreign players in the squad feel that there is not equal treatment that is the issue.

I have no way of knowing if the highlighted statement is accurate or not.

But what I do know is that the world not equal. Society eh equal.  And sports teams definitely not equal.

If anybody feel that Isco getting the exact same treatment as Ronaldo at Real Madrid......they livin in fantasy land with Tatoo

If Azpilicueta did defraud the Spanish Government of hundreds of millions of dollars by not paying taxes like Lionel Messi.....he ass would be lost in jail.  Messi get a jail sentence.....in theory because he didn't have to spend a second in jail and continuing to score hat tricks in Champions League matches.  And he not even Spanish

Stars ALWAYS get preferential treatment.  Is it a good optic?  Of course not.  Should the "stars" be more responsible?  Absolutely. 

But when your livelihood is decided on whether you win or lose....coaches will choose to go with what they feel is their best chance to win the vast majority of the time.

ALL teams have issues.  If it's not about man breaking curfew...is about who get to take free kick.....who get to start....who getting to play where they want....who have dey own room....etc.   

This is nothing new.  And in the better teams....it is sometimes the players as a group that hold everyone accountable.

Then it go be talk bout coach pet (it always have those)....dey doh like meh because ah from south......dey hatin because iz a ghetto yute etc

1]; } ?>