March 28, 2024, 05:20:41 AM

Author Topic: Any questions for Jason Roberts (reply today!)  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any questions for Jason Roberts (reply today!)
« on: April 23, 2021, 02:20:23 AM »
I appreciate not many will be up at this time, but in case anyone catches this, I have the opportunity to put some questions to the CONCACAF Director of Development, Jason Roberts. I'm asking about the new CONCACAF Coaching Convention - https://twitter.com/JasonRoberts30/status/1385326591832698887?s=20, as well as the future of the Caribbean game and whether Caribbean clubs will get any more support under the new structure of the Champions League (we have 10 teams in 2 groups under that).

Highlights of the new system - they are aiming for all coaches of domestic clubs to be up to CONCACAF B badges, and NT coaches up to A, and Member Associations basically run the courses if they meet minimum standards (e.g. Jamaica might qualify to give B-grade badges, Curacao C grade, etc). The aim is to get a consistent qualification across the region that will be internationally recognized, as well as improve coaching overall.

I have to finalise my questions by 1pm GMT (only got told about it an hour ago), but they may take late entries, so let me know if you have any questions I can tag on.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any questions for Jason Roberts (reply today!)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 04:43:12 AM »
I appreciate not many will be up at this time, but in case anyone catches this, I have the opportunity to put some questions to the CONCACAF Director of Development, Jason Roberts. I'm asking about the new CONCACAF Coaching Convention - https://twitter.com/JasonRoberts30/status/1385326591832698887?s=20, as well as the future of the Caribbean game and whether Caribbean clubs will get any more support under the new structure of the Champions League (we have 10 teams in 2 groups under that).

Highlights of the new system - they are aiming for all coaches of domestic clubs to be up to CONCACAF B badges, and NT coaches up to A, and Member Associations basically run the courses if they meet minimum standards (e.g. Jamaica might qualify to give B-grade badges, Curacao C grade, etc). The aim is to get a consistent qualification across the region that will be internationally recognized, as well as improve coaching overall.

I have to finalise my questions by 1pm GMT (only got told about it an hour ago), but they may take late entries, so let me know if you have any questions I can tag on.

Q1: Why is CONCACAF the last to arrive at the party? Ask him that in any politely rephrased way ... Here is the context: harmonisation  (I'm in the mood for British spelling since yuh mentioned GMT :devil:) should have been imposed by CONCACAF ever so long ago. It has happened in UEFA, CONMEBOL and should have happened much sooner under this current CONCACAF administration. Follow-up: why the delay? Not being cheeky (see above). The answer might shed some light on CFU area MA presidents.

Q2: Is the proposed new dispensation only to apply to the Caribbean and Central America and are they going to insist that the other CONCACAF MAs ( Canada, US and Mexico) operate under equal rigour (see above :P) via the same protocol.

Q3:  What are the "minimum standards" for MAs to execute their own courses? That slippery slope should be degreased as much as possible.

Q4: Will the construction of this new process lead to a barrier to entry to supposedly equivalent courses offered by other confederations?

Q5: Will CONCACAF be instituting a similar regimen for physios?
Follow-up to that: will they ensure that the/a CONCACAF Physical Preparation course is recognized across confederations?

Q6: What is CONCACAF's plan for futsal and beach soccer coaching education that is subject to testing rather than informational? Why is CONCACAF decades behind in this arena?

Q7: When will the CONCACAF U13 Girls Champions League emerge?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:49:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 04:47:53 AM »
Great questions, I'll ask him. Won't be able to publicly reveal answers due to an NDA, but we can catch up after. It's funny you mention physios, as I asked a similar question about sports scientists and analysts
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:51:54 AM by Tiresais »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 05:00:00 AM »
Yuh lucky. Anyhow you had mentioned NDA, there would have been 7 questions not posted because clearly forthcoming answers were contemplated. Off the record answers for on the record questions, what's the trade-off? I await the PM.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:00:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 03:55:35 PM »

Great questions, I'll ask him. Won't be able to publicly reveal answers due to an NDA, but we can catch up after. It's funny you mention physios, as I asked a similar question about sports scientists and analysts

What were the questions you submitted?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:50:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 07:46:11 AM »
Why we in the month of May and still not have a final decision on which country will host and which venues will host this year Gold Cup?

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 09:23:02 AM »
Why we in the month of May and still not have a final decision on which country will host and which venues will host this year Gold Cup?
give yuh 1 guess why ? Besides if Olympics was postponed and could be again, what is Gold Cup ? Personally, during these times I more concerned about family and friends. Lost another yesterday. RIP dearest  Andrea !

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
give yuh 1 guess why ? Besides if Olympics was postponed and could be again, what is Gold Cup ? Personally, during these times I more concerned about family and friends. Lost another yesterday. RIP dearest  Andrea !

Condolences, maxg.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »

well if that is the case then CONCACAF need to come out and make an official public statement saying the Gold Cup is cancelled. Stop pussyfooting around the issue!

The athletes cannot just be in limbo to whether or not they will be playing in a tournament.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »

Condolences Maxg.  We lost a coworker over the weekend.  A real sweetheart....smh....friggin Covid!!!   :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 06:02:15 PM »

Condolences Maxg.  We lost a coworker over the weekend.  A real sweetheart....smh....friggin Covid!!!   :'( :'(
my sympathies to y’all as well. For my bud, it wasn’t even Covid.. Cancer, never smoke, never drink, she and Jesus tight. Lost her mother just before Christmas, lost he 3 kids father 10 yrs back, 1daughter had to give the other a kidney at 10 and 14... yet she always smiling, and commiserating with me when TT lorse.. and she from Jamaica. If any of us hungry she sharing her food, saying she bring extra. Sometimes I wonder if ppl like that is my Jesus, paying for my sins. I wished I actually did more for them. That’s why I try my best to serve ppl especially now, cause who knows when their love will leave us. Journey well Andrea.
add: Sorry if i hijack the thread.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:07:14 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>