March 29, 2024, 07:46:13 AM

Author Topic: Jaydon Prowell keeps faith  (Read 928 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jaydon Prowell keeps faith
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:48:57 AM »
Jayden Prowell keeps faith
By Shaun Fuentes (T&T Guardian)

Under-17 captain Jaydon Prowell is already planning for the next phase of his career in light of this country’s exit from the 2017 FIFA Under 17 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Powell was T&T’s top scorer with three goals which was not enough to see the hosts finish as one of the five qualifying teams for the CONCACAF Finals in Panama next year. The 16-year-old Central FC striker notched two goals to lead T&T to the come from behind 3-2 win over Bermuda and he also got on the scoresheet in the 3-2 loss to Jamaica on Tuesday, shouldering the responsibility that was handed to him by Russell Latapy after the opening match with Haiti.

“It was an honour to captain the team and I was happy that I could step up and help my team, especially in the second game against Bermuda. But unfortunately we did not make it,” Prowell said.

“Though it was difficult for some of the players who didn’t get to play, everyone was still supporting each other and understood the decisions and you could have seen the joy when we got the win against Bermuda. I myself spoke to John-Paul Rochford (the previous captain) before the match against Bermuda and I think these are things that we wouldn’t allow to dampen our spirits.”

“I am a strong believer in God and I have been telling the guys that with faith in God, all things are possible and we just have to keep on believing and working hard. It is disappointing as players that we are out but I hope we are allowed to stay together as a team and get the chance to keep on building and improving,” Prowell added.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:12:26 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jaydon Prowell keeps faith
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 12:30:39 PM »
Jaydon Prowell signs with USL League Two's Cedar Stars Rush.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>