April 23, 2024, 05:02:27 AM

Author Topic: Learning to play a back three from youth level thoughts  (Read 1371 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Learning to play a back three from youth level thoughts
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
We looked real good against jamaica in 3-5-2 until we stupidly took off benny at u17, ah know people go point to d failed maturana experiment back in day, but ah tink latas might be onto something, we jus have to give it time and patience and accept some failure in d earlies because to learn ah system we hadda play it consistently

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Learning to play a back three from youth level thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 01:02:43 PM »
Young players need to learn via building blocks. First individual defending technique and for that matter individual possession. Then their individual tactical roles when on defence and offence, and subsequently group defending tactics i.e. Groups of 2 and then 3.

Once they have successfully learned and mastered these building blocks they are ready to learn and play any system re: unit and team tactics.

We seem to be putting the cart before the horse when it come to development and many times leaving out the horse all together.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
Young players need to learn via building blocks. First individual defending technique and for that matter individual possession. Then their individual tactical roles when on defence and offence, and subsequently group defending tactics i.e. Groups of 2 and then 3.

Once they have successfully learned and mastered these building blocks they are ready to learn and play any system re: unit and team tactics.

We seem to be putting the cart before the horse when it come to development and many times leaving out the horse all together.
I understand  and agree fully, but I think that it was noteworthy how such a change made a difference almost  immediately on our fortunes in that game, of course our youth need a dev program  but I see a system that can be effective if thought within the context of said development program

Ent goh lie always been curious about us learning to play back 3 systems.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:40:50 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

I understand  and agree fully, but I think that it was noteworthy how such a change made a difference almost  immediately on our fortunes in that game, of course our youth need a dev program  but I see a system that can be effective if thought within the context of said development program

Perhaps it was a combination of factors specific to that game which precipitated the impact of the formation change. In other words that may have been part of the solution to what Jamaica presented. Or maybe it was the personnel, or fatigue or maybe Jamaica adjusted as well.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 02:02:33 PM »
Yes exactly so why not learn then, whether it be as a goto or tactical tool......what we have to loose, we leaky AF with 3 or 4, but I think back 3 systems are worth  exploring within the context of a total development program IMHO

I pity the fool....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 09:33:27 PM »
Playing 7v7 at U12 is ideal ... 1-3-3 ( keeper, 3 defenders and 3 forwards)

it teaches the back 3  and the front 3 to play total football.

They learn to play in a triangle or diamond;they also learn to play the various positions on the field i.e 2,3,5,6,7,10,11,9.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
Backs and forwards when we were young.

1]; } ?>