March 28, 2024, 05:13:44 PM

Author Topic: T&T go down in Fort-de-France.  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T go down in Fort-de-France.
« on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:18 AM »
T&T go down in Fort-de-France.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s team have been eliminated from the Caribbean Cup Finals and missed out on automatic qualification for the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup after going down 2-0 to Martinique in their final Third round Group encounter in Fort-de-France on Tuesday night.

Both teams played to a 0-0 draw in a lacklustre affair after 90 minutes but the hosts would go on to break the deadlock through Kevin Parsemain in the 105th minute and Steeven Langil doubled their advantage in the 120th minute to send Martinique through to the Caribbean Cup semi-finals and the Gold Cup as group winners with six points.

T&T, on three points will now enter a group playoff with the two other best second placed teams from the four Caribbean groups from which the group winner will then face a playoff with the fifth placed team from Central America for the fifth Gold Cup spot. Those matches are carded for November but the dates will be finalised and disclosed shortly with T&T already set to play CONCACAF Final round matches at home to Costa Rica on November 11th and away to Honduras on November 15th.

Tuesday’s affair started badly for T&T when captain Kenwyne Jones was forced to leave the field after 15 minutes after suffering a lower right leg injury following a tackle from a Martinique player. Jones, replaced by Trevin Caesar, later returned to the bench on crutches and will undergo a scan in Trinidad on his return to determine the extent of the injury.

Attacking midfielder Kevin Molino was also excluded from the squad and made to watch the game from the stands following a decision by head coach Stephen Hart to leave him out due to disciplinary reasons.

T&T had a couple decent first half chances with Levi Garcia’s shot from the top left of the box hitting the top of the crossbar on it way out while Joevin Jones saw his left footed free kick from the edge of the box hit the right post.

Martinique, though organised and patient in their approach, never took control of the match but T&T themselves failed to take the game to them.

In the second half, Cordell Cato got himself into a good position inside the box but could not get off a shot on goal while Aubrey David had a header go wide of the left post from a right side delivery.

Parsemain who also netted in the 2012 Caribbean Cup semi final match with T&T, punished the visitors for giving up possession in their own half, and latched onto a ball before hitting a low right footer past goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams in the first half of extra time. Langil would then seal the win with a powerfully hit right footed effort which beat Williams on his near left post in the second period of extra time to the delight of some 3,000 local fans.

Hart later expressed disappointment with the performance and the result.

“We weren’t at our best clearly from the opening whistle. We were sluggish and we couldn’t seem to get the tempo of the game up. At the end of the day, too many of our so called quality players were way below their best. Technically we didn’t want the ball and when we did get it we didn’t use it in a positive manner to try and penetrate and put them under any real threat,” Hart told TTFA Media .

“Today where were a lot of players who didn’t press the ball effectively and when we had it, we didn’t play combinations We have always struggled against teams that sit down and play with a lot of discipline and Martinique did that. When they got the ball they took the game down to a very slow level and just played for the mistake and we made the mistake at a crucial time in the game and we paid for it,” Hart added.

T&T’s home-based players will return to Port of Spain on Wednesday night with the overseas-based players heading off to their respective destinations on the same day.

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Jan-Michael Williams (GK); 5.Daneil Cyrus, 17.Mekeil Williams, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David; 19.Kevan George, 8.Khaleem Hyland; 7.Cordell Cato, 3.Joevin Jones (14.Andre Boucaud), 16.Levi Garcia; 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (12.Trevin Caesar 15th).

Unused substitutes: 20.Adrian Foncette (GK), 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 11.Shahdon Winchester, 18.Tristan Hodge.

Coach: Stephen Hart.

Videos:

Game Highlights - Trinidad and Tobago vs Martinique

Hart's Post Match comments after defeat to Martinique

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:02:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T go down in Fort-de-France.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:34 AM »
“We weren’t at our best clearly from the opening whistle. We were sluggish and we couldn’t seem to get the tempo of the game up. At the end of the day, too many of our so called quality players were way below their best. Technically we didn’t want the ball and when we did get it we didn’t use it in a positive manner to try and penetrate and put them under any real threat,” Hart told TTFA Media.

That does not read as a coaching issue.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:51:50 AM »
asylumseeker, its the same old excuses by Hart and he keeps using the same players.

We have not accomplish anything under Hart except for a place in the Hex which is hardly an accomplishment.

If Hart don't get a promising results in the first two HEX game and qualify for the 2017 GC, he could be out.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:58:41 AM by Errol »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:47:04 AM »
My point: the root of "starting flat" may lie with pre-match physical activation.

I know we grow up in a culture of warming up as we grow into matches so some will be tempted to dismiss the observation ... However, we have been down this path before. Not the first match where we have not started on all cylinders. Might not merely be a question of "playing down" to opponents, but also an issue of "gearing up" for competition. Yuh could have all the tactical thoroughness in the world pre-match, but suffer through activation issues.

Our national psyche for "elevated tempo" is not the easiest of challenges. Couple that with any hiccup in physical activation and you don't get the conditions for imposing on any opponent ... even inferior ones.

Might just be a question of tweaking the regimen. Or of pulling out a bull pistle.

The persons tasked with the physical preparation of the players are sensible people dealing with players returning to the NT every few weeks from very different environments. It cyah be easy.

Multifaceted issue especially with a core group of starters.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:49:47 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 05:50:01 AM »
This is not rocket science, we are talking about a core of group of 15 players playing together for almost 2 years.

Tough decisions are required by the FA at this time. SH and his players demonstrated endeavor and heart to get to this level but I am getting a sense of comfort, complacency and mental fragility in recent times. I follow some of these guys on social media so you get an insight into their lives. These are young men and when they come together you se the togetherness amongst each other. You sometimes see the immaturity as well, which reminds me that an over all management structure is required to keep the discipline and focus. These are young men growing up in front of us. The ups and downs of a maturity process keeps playing itself on the field as well.

My worry is that we are running out of room for slippage. Every game matters from now on, if we have to literally police these guys once they get into camp then so be it. There is a reason why our successful WC team was an aged team, most in that team had 2-3 previous campaigns behind them so they went through the growing pains. They knew it was a last chance for a large portion. It enabled the focus, most in this group are in their mid 20s, I don't get the same levels of desperation to get everything right now and aspire to multiple WCs.

This team needs a sports psychologist, SH needs to work out his tactics or even potentially his coaching staff. The FA president needs to figure out administration including security protocols when at home and on the road, I dare say he may have to make a call on his head coach as well. I struggle cause it's difficult to refresh the player pool at this time, these guys playing together so long and our player pool is not huge. The fragility now after results against like Mexico last year is shocking to be frank.

If this team fails in its World Cup bid they will only have a mirror to look at. I will still be present and wish them every success.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:52:11 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 07:01:56 AM »
This result is baffling in so many ways. If they can't get up for this game they I don't expect them to magically get it right for the HEX. Some thing is off and has been off for this team since the first SVG game. I can't put my finger on what but we are loosing too many games while playing many bad thought less periods.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 07:11:02 AM »
Man, TT suffering from this English syndrome. Unable to get results when it matters. I don't know what to say. We have a great coach. But he is unable to get the desired results from the players. We have players who are professionals. They playing football for a living. They not doing a 9 to 5 as players of yesteryear. What will it take to bring these guys on par, or over par with players of the region. I have no answer. I honestly believe our guys not good enough. Our team possession is weak. We lack skillfull mid field players who can bring the ball effectively from our area to the opponents area. Our defence attacking play in support of the midfielders is lack badly. Hence so much long ball from them. What do we want them to do. Dribble it out and lose it.  We not good enough.  For heaven sakes, prove us wrong. The only positive is they have to play in the play-off games to get into the GC or whatever. Those will be good prep for the Hex.  >:(

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35:03 AM »
One thing for sure we know what we need to do to fail in these games so we know what not to do...  :rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »
ah promise to leff allyuh wid allyuh football business but i was compelled to say something especially about this lack luster bunch of new "warriors"!

hear nah!! allyuh men can't see that these fackin men done play football and is now baskin in the little glory they get from playing in a few mediocre leagues around the globe. imagine none of these jokers ent play no kinda top flight football on a top four team but they carrying on like they won every thing that there is to win and some.

i watching football since i was old enough to know and understand what a football was, i see from bunny fish eye to franklin oliverer play football in the temarie laden savanah to the lush greenery of PSA grounds, i also took in national greats like de loen, laforest, span, sedley joseph and la foucade all the way down to latas and dwarika, and i could tell allyuh one thing, them fellas fought to the death and they never gave up until the last whistle.

after watching these fellas here i could only draw on a few bad conclusions, they feel that they reach because they had a few good results vs mexico and saw two gold cups back tuh back and made it to the hex so now is time to lay off. every thing the coach labor to teach them went in one ear and out the next and yuh could see it in they body language on the field, dem men reach weh dey goin.
after watching the panama game in the gold cup and that haiti game in panama i realize them men ent have no fight in dem, not to mention they are as soft as duck sh!t, their new title should be the soul boyz, because they takin licks from haiti, guyana, grenada, bermuda, not to mention SVG almost beat them in st vincent, thank god for his grace and intervention through levi garcia or else that woulda been it fuh we.

this new bunch of soca whatever yuh want tuh call dem, needs to take stock of men like saurez and mesi who have way more bank than dem, yet the way they show pride and passion for their national team is nothing short of mind boggling, and with all the money dem men have @ their disposal it's an absolute honor for them to put on their national colors and bleed for their team if needs be. those are the men who really reach, yet they don't come on the field and act like they can't afford to break a finger nail.

so in conclusion, unless these men are prepared to bleed for their team and take no prisoners, then i will keep my black ass home and to fack away with their nancies who wouldn't even break a sweat for their country and the many ppl who come out to support these jokey premadonnas.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:49:06 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 09:35:06 AM »
JC wham soldya, yuh come outta retirement eh lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
Best ting to happen in de lass 24 hrs...jus cool re-surface for a bit...good to cu JC!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 09:51:47 AM »
scorpion breddren these fellas is de worst i've ever seen!! with the exception of meh boy KJ dem fellas ent psychologically ready for this level ah ball. dem still playing ah 1975 brand, kick and hope. steupppsssss!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:01:08 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
JC resurrection  :notworthy:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 10:00:46 AM »
barataria i tried to stay away and was watching most the games on TV and maybe one or two on line, and when i see dem lost to haiti struggle to beat SVG in st vincent and concede three to china i knew then and there that it would be a miracle to beat guatemala at home, and it was.

i'll tell you what, it's not dat these men cyar ball, is jus dat they soft and can't handle rough house football, and dat is what  bermuda, guyana grenada panama and haiti did, they rough dem up and took dem out the game and teef dey head. dem fellas don't have the temperament like yorke latas, stern and whitley. it would be an absolute miracle if they win one single game in that whole hex. that is unless they change their head game, this is the softest T&T team ever.

as for molino, they should bannish him jus like skilla, no need for mavricks in the locker room f@ck he and his hattrick!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »
soccerman dem fellas is the worst boy!! the most talented team we ever had in years but full to the brim with cry babies pleading to the reffs. ask yuh self this, when was the last time we force a penalty? when people playing yuh hard take dem in den box and draw the foul! it's that simple.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
De players shitting down they self on de field have nothing to do with Hart.

I doh understand since de last Gold Cup how this team just fade away though.

Them senior players who should be leading de team playing like they need a worm out.

This is why Hartie need to build depth, he go run into more problems dong de road.

Martinique have plenty good players in France, but no excuse for we.

Better luck man, allyuh support de man and he team, wait and see, things go get better.

But some changes have to come to some of them senior players.

Ah tell allyuh Molino is a waste, he head getting to big.

Time to bring back Cummings and De Silva.

Ah like de 2 youth man from de under 20 team, Morgan Bruce and Noah Powder.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:17:04 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »
Things like this...is what does turn people away from football.

Yuh asking for support, playing ads and selling $1000 and $2000 season pass and asking people in this recession to pelt out money.

But the ones they come to see, running away to go party and mashing up the chemistry of the side.

They not serious...and people not wasting money on that!

How yuh expect the fans to support the side when the players themselves not serious.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 12:14:45 PM »
See Highlights of T&T's 2-0 defeat to Martinique in Fort-de-France in Scotiabank Caribbean Cup qualifying action on Tuesday night - TTFA Media TV

Game Highlights - Trinidad and Tobago vs Martinique
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VCRaNMOhRhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VCRaNMOhRhc</a>

Stephen Hart's Post-Game Comments following T&T's 2-0 defeat to Martinique in Tuesday night's Scotiabank Caribbean Cup qualifier in Fort-de-France - TTFA Media TV

Hart's Post Match comments after defeat to Martinique
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bBITvdlguZ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bBITvdlguZ0</a>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:18:19 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
Molino and his antics are a huge disappointment. But ah hadda agree wid Sam and Jus Cool too. Them fellas feel dey reach. As far as I care Molino needs to be banished at least for a while. Man score ah hattrick against DR, get swell headed, break camp a 2nd time, got disciplined and lower the team morale.

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 01:06:16 PM »
Let mih add torts about dis heart attack Soca Warriors team since I tink ah know lil bit bout football. Ah play some during de Stone Age, even tryin out fuh de national schoolboy team tuh tour Bermuda, den ah went say a coaching recreationally includin ah Under 14 Boys Select team in Chattanooga TN.

So, how many ah we really tink T&T have a good football team an expect it to win all de time against regional opponents at least?

Before anybody answer, listen tuh de alternative: Or, most of we goin more on blind nationalism because we Trini Tuh De Bone?

Exactly what dis team do after gettin kill 4-0 by the US fuh any one ah we tuh believe what cause dat lorse get addressed? Doh even bodder goin back tuh dat 1989 game. Dat day in November was when US football parse Triniland's buh up tuh today, we still think dat win was ah flukes an we go avenge weself.

When I watch dis team play I does go back tuh when I use to coach 10 - 12 year-olds:
Control, Dribble, Pass!
Control, Dribble, Pass!
Control, Dribble, Pass!
Control, Dribble, Pass! :banginghead: :frustrated: :cursing: :pissedoff:

Wid Trini players, ah bard first touch is someting dat does . . . . well happen. It so ingrained it part ah we game. Tryin tuh dribble parse ah defense dat collapsin arong you just mean more men tuh drop beat orn. What get achieve after beatin 2 or 3 den losin de ball, only de baller know.
We cyar parse worth $hit yet de long pass is ah major weapon in we arsenal. It more like an attempted weapon.
Look at dem headers in dis larse game. We doh head de ball, we does butt it. Only KJ does do any headin.
As much as I does cuss dem players when dey do $hit which mean ah forever cussin de TV screen, dey doin dey best. When I used tuh play, regardless what dem dotish spectators use tuh cuss an say, I never used tuh go out orn de pitch tuh $hit it dong. I used tuh do mih best.
Trini football stall long time as far as I concerned. Hart is not de answer, intact, I say he losin respect an probably patience too.

Whatever de answer, until we find it I cyar go orn listenin tuh pipe dreams — lorse ah game bard den barely win de next one an start torkin about de team being back. Back mih behind. Ah cyar afford tuh watch dem games eidder where fundamental rules ah football does get violated.

Is ah life an death issue fuh me now. I too ole tuh be puttin mih heart through all dis up an dong, (mostly dong of late). Not when de West Indies killin mih softly buh not wid no song.
All dat said, when de next Warriors game?  :worried:  ::)
Damn dis Trini Tuh De Bone ting. 

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
Am I wrong here ,when I think this team start falling after Cummings attack and Molino came back .

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 02:22:47 PM »
Not defending the selfishness but did one or more of you have a convo with Nashy that everyone else doh know about?  How allyuh talking with such conviction about him being swell headed after his hat trick as if is some well known fact?  Allyuh know this yuteman personally?  I don't but most of my people in Carenage do and humility is this fella calling card, so where this talk come from?  If anything we can say his behavior is immature fuh sure, but doh forget Yorke who used to ketch he ass to score in national colors was always on the party circuit when he came home and was even temporarily banned along with Latas.  In fact his career at ManUre unraveled because of it when he failed to return on time and Fergie had enough.  The bottom line is we come from a party culture so things like this will happen.  Man who have wife and children and need they job does lie about who dead and who sick to go and jump up and fete carnival time.  In the grand scheme of things that way more risky and yet we either all know one or more people that do it and can even laugh about how ridiculous it is.  Lets not be hypocrites.  Molino do bullshit and deserve to at minimum be suspended a few games.  However all this pronouncement about disrupting chemistry is shit talk.  JJ was out last time with him and score the goals, Molino has been one of our better performers under Hart.  I doubt very much this is the first 2 instances of him going out.  This might just be the times he's been caught and he test he luck again and get caught again so it looking bad.  Doh fool yuhself and feel all of a sudden he just jump out just so.  Dem is young fellas that want to enjoy themselves and to simplify it lack the maturity and discretion to not do it while on national duty.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »
Stephen Hart needs to breath more confidence into his players, you ever hear Hart talk, he never sounds optimistic and confidence.

He needs to better motivate his players and get them to believe in him and themselves.

He have to demand better personalities than don't give up.

Using only 15 players don't say much either.

I can guarantee you while Hart have a point about Kenwyne, that T&T will be a better team without Kenwyne and Molino, remember I say so.

Jan-Michael
David
Williams
Bateau
Cyrus
Chucky
George
Cummings
Boucaud
Joevin
Cato

Levi Garcia is better as a sub, at least for now, Caesar also.

Bostock would really be a great asset to this team.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:58:35 PM by Errol »

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
Things like this...is what does turn people away from football.

Yuh asking for support, playing ads and selling $1000 and $2000 season pass and asking people in this recession to pelt out money.

But the ones they come to see, running away to go party and mashing up the chemistry of the side.

They not serious...and people not wasting money on that!

How yuh expect the fans to support the side when the players themselves not serious.

Co-sign

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 04:36:02 PM »
Orlando Sentinel news saying he taking a year off. Based on what is reported so far he is not right in this but i still waiting for a statement from him.

I agreeing with all being said in the thread, this is gutting. Why as a country we always have to repeat the same mistakes generation after generation? Like is the 90s all over again. 

I just hope this whole campaign don't implode before it even start.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »
Molino lucky he could watch the match from the stands (if that indication is accurate). But for the timing of the discovery and the meshing of airline schedules, he could have been winging it out of Martinique instead of having had the privilege of still being around.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »
If I was Hart, Molino would never play for T&T again.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »
The issue is fitness, team is not fit, all games they fading in the second half.

we were pushing the game against martinique in the first half and dominating second half they got more possesion

same thing happen in the USA game.

There is no other better players, these is the best we have, only thing would be in some foreign based jump on the band wagon and that will take time to integrate.

This is the group we going with and hope they can stay within striking range of 3rd and 4th we have to battle honduras and panama tooth and nail.

Win or draw vs costa rica at home will be a good start.

costa rica is a good team it will be tough.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »
If I was Hart, Molino would never play for T&T again.
we don't have the luxury to banish good players when we are stretched for goal scorers as it is. I say punish him and let's move on. no need for that level of heavy handedness.

1]; } ?>