April 15, 2024, 10:26:11 PM

Author Topic: luke cage  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
luke cage
« on: October 13, 2016, 04:32:39 PM »
anyone watching luke cage?

i liked the actor and the character in de jessica jones series.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
luke cage
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:57 AM »
I finished the series last week. Overall I liked it, but i liked Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones more. I'll try not to put outright spoilers but there may be some info in here for people who haven't seen it yet.

Luke: I am not sure what happened to Luke between the end of JJ and the start of this show as in the beginning he comes across like a bit of a punk. He was wooden, stiff and dare I say whiney. Sometimes I was watching the screen and telling him to stop being such a bitch. I get he's supposed to be a reluctant hero, trying to stay under the radar and he had a traumatic past but it seemed forced the way he tried to deal with it. By the end he started to come around and show some swagger and charisma.

Cottonmouth: Best character in the show, stole every scene he was in. I was actually looking forward to his scenes versus Luke's. The actor really sold this guy.

Mariah: Another character whose angst and development felt forced. I didn't buy her whole transformation at all. Even the scene when she tripped out and lost it didn't feel believable. By the end it just felt like they ran out of good material for her character.

Diamondback: Over-the-top, a cartoonish parody of a villain. For a master criminal, made some really dotish moves. They tried to allude that his recklessness was due to his emotional ties to the situation but yet again it was another example of forcing something that did not feel right.

The show was still entertaining and I look forward to seeing how they bring together DD, LC, JJ and Iron Fist for the Defenders.

BTW the soundtrack for the show is BOSS. I end up looking up and buying a couple tunes like "Long Live the Chief".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:38:31 AM by grimm01 »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: luke cage
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »
In my yute, he was simply called Power Man.

In later years, I thought Carl Weathers would've made a great Power Man, he had the look of the Character from the Comic Book.

I've only watched the first few episodes but I like it.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: luke cage
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 06:38:16 PM »
The history of Power Man/Luke Cagel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5pnqzQgN9g
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>