March 28, 2024, 02:20:03 PM

Author Topic: Squad named - Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Squad named - Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »
Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.
By Inshan Mohammed.

2016 has been a very trying year for T&T senior team head coach Stephen Hart and his Soca Warriors team, but with little over two months left until 2017, T&T still has all to play for; including a place at the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup and a chance to kick-off their 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign with a bang.

The year started off rough for T&T who were inactive for about two months and were coming off their Christmas and New Year celebrations only to be shell-shocked by a better prepared Haitian unit. In January they were knocked out by their Northern neighbors for an historic place at the 2016 Copa América Centenario. The French-Creole speaking islanders got the better of them with a slim 1-0 victory.

Two months later a makeshift T&T side drew 2-2 with Grenada before entering its 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches against so-called Caribbean minnows St Vincent & the Grenadines, walking away with 3-2 and 6-0 victories. Hart used the Grenada affair to search for hidden gems, however no players impressed and quickly made way for the regulars.

In May and early June, T&T had the pleasure of playing away to top quality opposition- Peru, Uruguay and China and lost all three battles (4-0, 3-1, 4-2). The results were expected as coach Hart left out many of his regulars and fielded a team made up of many locally based players with the exception of Radanfah Abu Bakr, Khaleem Hyland and Andre Boucaud.

T&T had a long break and were inactive for the entire months of July and August before regrouping to face Guatemala and USA in September. Despite the stopgap preparations they did enough to pull of a result against the Central Americans (2-2) in Port of Spain to see them through to the Hexagonal series, before falling heavily to the Americans (4-0) and claimed second place in Group C.

October was another interesting affair. As expected, T&T again blew past it's weaker opposition Dominican Republic (4-0) in its opening Caribbean Cup match at the Ato Boldon Stadium; but then surrendered to another French-speaking Caribbean island Martinique 2-0. The result was devastating as T&T blew its chance to compete for Caribbean supremacy and to make matters worse, they now have to take the long road to get to the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

T&T will enter a group playoff with the two other best second placed teams from the four Caribbean groups. The group winner will then face a playoff with the fifth placed team from Central America for the fifth Gold Cup spot. Those matches are carded for November, but the dates will be finalized and disclosed shortly with T&T already set to play Costa Rica at home on November 11th and Honduras, away on November 15th in important 2018 World Cup qualifying matches.

Things got more unwelcoming for Stephen Hart as he was forced to drop one of his star players, Kevin Molino for indiscipline problems. Molino, coming off a hat-trick against Dominican Republic decided (for the second time in a month) to break curfew the night before T&T faced Martinique. A month earlier Molino, Joevin Jones and Mekeil Williams, were reprimanded and fined by the T&T management before the September 2 World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala, for breaking curfew to attend a boat ride on August 30.

There is also a question mark over Soca Warriors captain Kenwyne Jones’ availability for the November qualifiers, as the big striker limped off the field in crutches after just 15 minutes of play against Martinique. Jones suffered a lower right leg injury following a tackle from a Martinique player. It was reported that he will start training again soon ,but it is left to be seen if his fitness will be up to par.

Minus the regulars, it must be mentioned that Hart did have the luxury to see just over 20 new players for the year and will now have a fair idea who he thinks can make the grade going forward for the mouthwatering matches in November, and hopefully this time around it would be a November to remember.

No doubt a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup would be priority and given the fact that the 2017 Gold Cup playoff matches are set for dates around the same time as T&T's World Cup qualifiers it would be interesting to see how Hart would swing this. The 20 plus players may come in very handy as we could very well see two teams representing T&T, unless the fixtures do not get in each others way.

Hart was quizzed by Soca Warriors Online (SWO) about the set of important matches in November and how he would plan for them, possibly forming A and B teams, the recent decline in the team/players, recruiting new players to beef up the squad and his team formation.

Hart replied: "My focus is the Hex, I have had no official word as to Gold Cup qualifiers (GCQ), once we receive that I will plan accordingly. My presumption is that it will not be on a FIFA date and I will have to have a different make up to the squad. For the Hex, win our home games, aim to at least draw the away ones. If I don't believe that, who will!!! We have beaten two of the teams in the Hex and tied arguably the best team twice, so the capability is possible."

"Obviously we will need games to prepare for the GCQ and I am sure we will get them."

"Drop in form is normal, what is not acceptable is a lack of effort. This is tournament qualification and you must sacrifice every fiber for success. You can only do that if you are at your best mentally and physically. I ask no more of my players. You need aggression in football, if you are pressing, challenging, beating your man, joining the attack, tracking back etc., everyone contributes in an aggressive manner. If that is absent, you are lacking a key component in the modern game."

"We have scored goals regularly and yes we have struggled to score goals at times. That is the nature of football! I have seen the best teams in the world, with the world’s best goal scorers at their disposal fail to score goals. These teams like Holland, Argentina and Brazil lose one key player and they struggle and look ordinary. We at times are missing two and three and people give the impression it should not make a difference. This is a National team you cannot go out and buy players, you make do with what you have, play to strengths and cover weaknesses."

"We are not a nation of millions of footballers, subtle changes may occur. The John Bostock saga is in FIFA hands and I really cannot answer, but I simply do not know what exactly is the keep back. I know TTFA has done everything asked of them by FIFA, ended Hart."

TTFA President David John-Williams also got in the mix, he told Soca Warriors Online (SWO) that: "Flex, qualifying for a World Cup will be every Association’s dream and as President of the TTFA it is very important to me.”

"I have had meetings with coach Hart and about what help he needs to get to Russia 2018. And that's the truth. The Association continues to do its part and we support the coach and his players."

"When last you have heard negative reports of last minute arrangement for the National Teams, no money to travel with no payments etc. You be the judge."

The most the Association could do in preparation for the upcoming games in November is a live-in-camp, a bit warlike than the stipulated 5 days before and that depends on the availability of the players from the various leagues."

"For now it only looks like some MLS players and some lower U.S. league players will be available early. Outside of that our hands are tied, ended Williams."

Players to watch.

Kenwyne's presence on the field is much needed, he draw defenders and as a result it leaves gaps in opposition defences for others to strive on. Players like Keron Cummings, Levi Garcia, Crodell Cato and Joevin Jones comes to mind.

Of-course there are many little diamond specs always waiting to be discovered and though experience senior players like Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Jomal Williams and Sean De Silva performs creditably well for their respected clubs, they have recently struggle to bring anything consistent to the T&T team or hold down a starting role.

SWO would like to mention that these 4-players (below) could be the keys to unlock any team's defences in CONCACAF and the reason T&T might have a high chance to get into Russia if Hart could find a way to bring back the magic we saw from them in 2015.

Starting with Mau Pau Stars midfield general Keron Cummings, if he could regain his wizardry we saw once, T&T could transform into a very lethal attacking team. Apart from his deadly left-foot, Cummings brings almost everything to the table, he's quick, capable of threading intelligent passes, he can shoot and he makes the players around him play better especially in the attacking third, he brings balance to T&T attack and can play the triangle effectively. His dead-ball plays are also welcoming and he gives coach Hart the option to attack down the center.

Still very green in his career, Levi "deadly-lefty" Garcia is growing at a rapid rate and could very well be one of T&T's next biggest stars after Dwight Yorke at the international stage. Though, he sometimes tries too hard and gets carried away with the ball at his feet. The deadly lefty is a sight to see, simply breathtaking to watch and I am sure he doesn't only gives me goosebumps, but almost everyone that sees him play. The flamboyant winger is super fast, he can dribble, he is full of confidence in his ability and most of all, he can score goals effortlessly.

Up next, we have Cordell Cato and when he's up for it you can bet your last dollar he is untameable. He constantly moves even without the ball making markers confused. The speedy midfielder can play almost any position and when he gets a chance to run free, he cannot be contained easily, his final decision-making still leave something to talk about, but other than that he is certainly a menace on his day.

And finally, I'll save the best for last, the man who has made leaps and bounds since moving to the MLS. He is no stranger to any T&T fans, but I'll still introduce him, please give the man a round of applause, here's Mr. Joevin Jones. He is a class act, he can dribble through 3 players with ease, capable of making darting runs out of defence and right into attack in a blink of an eye. He can pass long and short balls intelligently, cross and shoot with accuracy, he's also good with free-kicks and are versatile enough to play anywhere. He's like a Carlos Edwards reborn.

Notice from the four players mentioned above, 3 are natural left-footed players, something T&T has lacked a while now and as the rate grows, T&T is starting to see a brand that has been missing in the game. When you have 4 players that can score goals consistently from midfield and turn up defenders then something good is happening.

Coach Hart will surely have to pick his brain especially if John Bostock finally gets his clearance (due Monday) to join the ranks on how he'll decide to unleash his secret weapons on teams, these players could very well be the key components to T&T's 2018 FIFA World Cup campaign.

SWO and it's supporters would like to wish the T&T national senior men's team coaches and players all the best in it's endeavors to reach to Russia. You are not just our team; but our heroes. Make us proud.

T&T Squad for November qualifiers.

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC).

Defenders

Jelani Peters (W Connection), Aubrey David (FC Dallas), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E-Land), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Kruoja Pakruojis), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov Samara), Yohance Marshall (Murciélagos FC).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar), Marcus Joseph (Central FC), Jomal Williams (Murciélagos FC), Ataulla Guerra (Charleston Battery), John Bostock (RC Lens)*.

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (Central FC), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues), Willis Plaza (San Juan Jabloteh).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Upcoming WC Fixtures

Nov-11, T&T vs Costa Rica, Hasely Crawford Stadium, 7pm
Nov-15, Honduras vs T&T, Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano, 4-5pm

Video - T&T 23-man Squad Announcement - Press Conference with Stephen Hart

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:08:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Squad named - Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
Well Well Well.....

Biggest talking points.....No Molino in the squad.  Bostock named.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
My heart drop when I see Plaza name there. He tries hard but I don't think he is quite the level of the national team.

But I guess no Molion. What ever happned to Glen in Icleand.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »
No Mikel Williams neither

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:06:52 PM »
No Mikel Williams neither

Good time to experiment with Jelani Peters

Him and Cyrus just featured at CB vs Pumas

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »
Anyone know why Williams was dropped?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 02:04:16 PM »
Would of liked to see Johnathon Glenn instead of Trevin. It also would be worth it to look at Dominic Adams as well.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
Would of liked to see Johnathon Glenn instead of Trevin. It also would be worth it to look at Dominic Adams as well.

Couldn't see that happening.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 02:54:30 PM »

So  you want to replace a man who score 10 goals for the season with one who has scored zero? And you want to bring in another one who has never represented the national team and only played one full game for the season, and only started in four games out of a possible 25 in a third-tier Swedish league?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »

Possibly because he has not been getting playing time with the Rapids
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »

And only making monkey on Instagram
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »

So better Peters and Cyrus getting playing time at W Connection losing 8-1 to Pumas?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
Also Winchester has been ok in Mexico. Starting every game and 3 goals in 680 minutes of league playing.

Match fitness wise he is leap and bounds ahead of TT pro players whose season started last month.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
My heart drop when I see Plaza name there. He tries hard but I don't think he is quite the level of the national team.

Plaza tries hard? That's news to me. Always saw it the other way around. Kind of like Balotelli.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »
Kind of like Balotelli.

Oh gosh man, not like Mario. Say he disappoints at national level, but to say he like Mario, nah. Are you including attitude?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »

Plaza tries hard? That's news to me. Always saw it the other way around. Kind of like Balotelli.

Plaza is the most inform striker we currently have with 5 goals in 5 games. His pick is justified.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
I am confident we will see Bostock! Hart wouldn't name an ineligible player to replace an eligible player. TTFA should do a press release regarding this soon.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »

Plaza is the most inform striker we currently have with 5 goals in 5 games. His pick is justified.

What about the top scorer of NCAA Div II then?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 07:37:05 PM »

What about the top scorer of NCAA Div II then?

Yuh loss meh there ???
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »
Not impressed with Plaza inclusion as well, but I'm no coach.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »
Cummings plays for Central though eh. And many people have been clamoring and hoping for his speedy recovery and return to the NT but it is going to take time. By his own admission recently, he is still trying to get back to 100 % in terms of his rhythm and form. He is also contending with trying to adapt to a new team and tactics. He has only made 4 starts this season (and 5 subs appearances) and notched 1 assist. Sometimes Central's tactics may not suit him but it will still take time.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 10:05:43 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jFFxH1nA-NM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jFFxH1nA-NM</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 11:38:10 PM »
If the coach pick Plaza then Plaza it is. Everybody know better than the coach ? The guy must have shown something. The coach ain't just pick him to spite ppl.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2016, 01:24:31 AM »
Bottom line is not making mistakes .... if we play smart football, we will win because we are more talented than these guys... despite their European contracts... I have seen them play and they are ordinary and can be beaten, not as talented as Mexico..

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2016, 02:35:19 AM »
Contro...as per coach Hart "Hart: “Costa Rica are the best”; Warriors gamble on Kenwyne for historic WCQ result
R.Walcott  Friday 4 November 2016 Global Football, National Football, Volley Leave a comment

The Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team, according to head coach Stephen Hart, will be facing the best team in the confederation when the Soca Warriors open their CONCACAF Hexagonal campaign against Costa Rica on 11 November.

“Los Ticos” did not lose from open play at the Brazil 2014 World Cup—where they downed Uruguay and Italy before losing on penalties to the Netherlands in the quarterfinal. And they were one of just two unbeaten CONCACAF teams in the current World Cup qualifying campaign along with Mexico.

Photo: Costa Rica striker  Joel Campbell (left) drives home against Uruguay at the 2014 World Cup. (Copyright Daily Star)
Photo: Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell (left) drives home against Uruguay at the 2014 World Cup.
(Copyright Daily Star)
Hart offered high praise of the Warriors’ next opponent at today’s press conference in the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

“I’ve watched that [Costa Rican] team play so many times. In my humble opinion, they are the best, most balanced team in the Hex. They have good firepower. They have five players who played this week in the Champions League.

“They look very organised and of course they have a top level goalkeeper [in Real Madrid’s Keylor Navas]. It’s a team you not only have to concentrate against for the entire game but your attitude and commitment must be one where you cannot be afraid to put your own game on top of them and see how they handle it. Because you’re at home.”

Trinidad and Tobago have never bettered Costa Rica in a senior World Cup qualifier and have just one WCQ win at any level, which came in 2013 when Shawn Cooper’s Under-17 team defeated the Central Americans 2-0.

As luck may have it, Dutch-based winger, Levi Garcia, was a member of that Under-17 outfit. And Garcia, who turns 19 on November 20, echoed his coach’s sentiments in a recent chat with the TTFA Media.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Levi Garcia (left) tries to escape from Dominican Republic right back Carlos Martínez during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Levi Garcia (left) tries to escape from Dominican Republic right back Carlos Martínez during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016.
(Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
“I believe that this game is very important and it will take a big effort from every player from the entire squad,” said Garcia “Not just for this game but all of our matches in this round. I am confident that we can do it but we have to be smart and disciplined and of course ruthless when we are out there.

“Nothing must go past us easily and we have to make use of our chances on goal in the games.”

Hart, whose team travels to face Honduras four days after hosting Costa Rica, acknowledged that the Warriors have been making far too many mistakes of late.

“We must eliminate potential errors because if you look at the games we have lost as a team, there has not really been a game—except maybe the Argentina game—where the team completely picks us apart and scores.

“It always seems to be a lapse in concentration. So I think I calculated where over 60 or 70 percent of our goals have come from individual errors. So if we cut down on that, then we should be in good shape.”

Individual errors apart, history is also against Hart and his troops. The senior Warriors have only managed one point in their last four games against Costa Rica in the Hexagonal stage, which came in a goalless stalemate at home on 30 March 2005. Current team captain Kenwyne Jones was an unused substitute that day.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago captain Kenwyne Jones (right) holds off Dominican Republic defender César Garcia during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago captain Kenwyne Jones (right) holds off Dominican Republic defender César Garcia during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016.
Hart will hope that his giant leader, who is on loan at two-time Pro League Champions Central FC, is ready for serious battle next Friday. Jones has not played a competitive fixture since he limped off the field in a Caribbean Cup defeat against Martinique on 11 October.

But Hart is optimistic that his ‘flipping’ striker will be ready to lead the line.

“Kenwyne should play tonight [in Pro League action],” said Hart. “I don’t know how long. He has been in full training and I have been in contact with the training staff [at Central FC], so I expect him to be okay to go for the [Costa Rica game].”

Hart conceded that he was taking a gamble on Jones’ condition.

“It’s always a chance when a player is coming back from injury but we still have another week to go,” said Hart, “and hopefully he can get in a good minutes or 60 minutes tonight. It would be helpful.”

He would be encouraged then that Jones got 37 minutes against Police FC and scored once, as Central overturned a one goal deficit to win 2-1.

Jones’ inclusion was not Hart’s only roll of the dice, as RC Lens midfielder John Bostock was also selected although, yet again, he remains ineligible to represent Trinidad and Tobago.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago midfielder John Bostock (left) strikes the ball during national practice while team captain Kenwyne Jones look on at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 21 March 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago midfielder John Bostock (left) strikes the ball during national practice while team captain Kenwyne Jones look on at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 21 March 2016.
Bostock was named in Hart’s roster for World Cup qualifiers in March and September but was unable to feature due to delays in sorting out his switch of allegiance, which remains before FIFA.

“FIFA has met and they expect by Tuesday to get the official stamp, signed letter on John,” said Hart.

The Warriors’ training camp begins on Monday but, due to Lens’ Ligue 2 clash with AJ Ajaccio on the same day, the England-born Bostock will get to Trinidad a day late.

Bostock aside, the biggest revelation was the omission of star midfielder Kevin Molino, who netted a hat-trick in his last international appearance against the Dominican Republic in Caribbean Cup qualifying action last month. Molino was axed on the eve of the Warriors’ clash with Martinique for violating club rules to attend a party and Hart revealed that his stylish midfielder will face a further two-game ban.

The Orlando City player initially responded to the ban by threatening to take a year off from international football, although he subsequently apologised.

“Molino sent a letter to management [and] he apologised,” said Hart. “I spoke to him and I told him that he’s under suspension and that he is free to be called after the two games.

Photo: Orland City midfielder Kevin Molino (centre) celebrates a goal during MLS competition. (Copyright MLS Futbol)
Photo: Orland City midfielder Kevin Molino (centre) celebrates a goal during MLS competition.
(Copyright MLS Futbol)
“It will be up to him to decide whether he wants to come or not. I cannot answer questions for Molino.”

Hart had vowed to make changes following the 2-0 defeat to Martinique last month and he was true to his word with recalls for attacking duo of Willis Plaza and Marcus “Lobo” Joseph.

Both players were part of the Warriors’ tour to Peru, Uruguay and China earlier this year and have made promising starts to the 2016/17 Pro League season.

Hart expects Plaza to bring his passion and feisty nature to the squad while he is still hoping for Joseph to adapt to different roles.

“[Joseph has] looked good, he has looked sharp. I will keep [persisting] with Marcus. I have always sort of been pushing Marcus to go beyond his comfort zone because talent is not the problem.”

Meanwhile at the back, versatile Colorado Rapids defender Mekeil Williams gave way for another versatile defender, Jelani “Brain” Peters, who transferred from St Ann’s Rangers to DIRECTV W Connection in the Pro League’s offseason.

Photo: Central FC attacker Marcus Joseph (right) and LA Galaxy striker Allan Gordon chase the ball during CONCACAF Champions League action in August 2015. (Courtesy Allan V Crane/Wired868)
Photo: Central FC attacker Marcus Joseph (right) and LA Galaxy striker Allan Gordon chase the ball during CONCACAF Champions League action in August 2015.
(Courtesy Allan V Crane/Wired868)
“I’ve actually been watching him for quite a while,” said Hart. “The last set of games which I watched he showed good composure and he’s [a] naturally left-footed, balanced player. So I thought it would be a good opportunity since [it gives us] some sort of variation on the left side of the field we can have some sort of variation.”

Peters only started playing the beautiful game at age 12. Ten years later, he is on the cusp of debuting for his national team in a World Cup qualifier.

(Trinidad and Tobago team)

Goalkeepers: Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police);

Defenders: Aubrey David (FC Dallas—US), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Radanfah Abu Bakr (JK Silame Kalev—Estonia), Sheldon Bateau (KC Krylia Sovetov—Russia), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Jelani Peters (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E Land—Korea Republic);

Midfielders: Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge—England), Khaleem Hyland (KV Westerlo—Belgium), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery—USA), Kevan George (Jackson Armada FC—US), John Bostock (RC Lens—France);

Photo: Dominican Republic captain Jonathan Faña (centre) tries to hold off Trinidad and Tobago players Sheldon Bateau (left) and Kevan George during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Dominican Republic captain Jonathan Faña (centre) tries to hold off Trinidad and Tobago players Sheldon Bateau (left) and Kevan George during 2017 Caribbean Cup qualifying action at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on 5 October 2016.
Attacking Midfielders: Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar—Netherlands), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—US), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—US), Marcus Joseph (Central FC);

Forwards: Kenwyne Jones (Central FC), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues—US), Willis Plaza (San Juan Jabloteh).

Share this:
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)9Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)9Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)

inShare
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 02:38:53 AM »
Nice team..

Good luck to Hartie and he crew...

Bull them hard T&T

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 02:39:12 AM »
In a sense I am happy that we are playing our first game against such a high caliber team. This test will set the standard moving forward for the rest of the campaign. Win, draw or lose, it will be a tremendous lesson to our warriors. I hope to see compact and pressing football. Communication, compactness, and clear thinking on the occasion and we can 100% pull off a win...#warriorstimeisnow
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 04:46:33 AM »
Bear in mind costa is a good team... I never said they were not quality but our team can be better in all honesty...

We have more talent but it needs to be applied.. cummins got shot, bostock hasn't been cleared, the president wasn't the favourite of some notable players... coaches and staff were unpaid for a while, so many factors have been weighed against the team... Molino and others break camp, some talented players are not seeing playing time at their clubs despite their talent and ability which could help our team..

Not to mention lack of friendlies played together as a unit... if we had a well prepped team and we had not sustained so much drama off the field and injuries and tra la la..

Costa Rica is a football only nation, when you think of it, they don't have our problems nor are their players given lack of playing time despite being talented enough to warrant playing time.. however we still have More talent and can overcome any team in the hex once we limit our mistakes ... our full team can beat most big teams..

If you noticed Harts statements tonight... he said the only team that walked over us was Argentina ... every other team we lost the match because of our errors, not because they were more talented ... it's a key statement

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 05:53:04 AM »
WATCH: Press conference for the announcement of Trinidad and Tobago’s roster for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Costa Rica and Honduras.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jFFxH1nA-NM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jFFxH1nA-NM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
Plaza not starting so I dont know why we spend so much time discussing it.

he is a decent player and has many caps

The forward subs may get 10-15 mins at most baring major injury.

1]; } ?>