March 28, 2024, 08:39:01 PM

Author Topic: Squad named - Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.  (Read 6265 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Squad named - Hart's Red Army hoping to end 2016 on a high note.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »
I miss the days when we had so many forwards to choose from that half of them couldn't get a run. Man like Scotty and Sealey on the sidelines salty.

Now, if Kenwyne go down, we cook.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:25:11 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 09:41:06 AM »
I keep reading we have more talent but we can't beat Martnique. Our players playing in the lower divisions while other teams have players playing Champions League football.  I guess those big teams real hate Trini players or they can't identify talent.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
Yea boy we must have real haters at those big clubs. Hell even at the mls level scouts....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Talent by itself is often not nearly enough for a player to earn a professional contract with a reputable foreign team.

Unless that talent is exceptional by world standards AND deemed young enough to develop and harness
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »
I agree that talent alone is not enough but if it did exist our guys would at least be dominating the MLS and Caribbean opposition.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
Plaza not starting so I dont know why we spend so much time discussing it.

he is a decent player and has many caps

The forward subs may get 10-15 mins at most baring major injury.

I am not surprised at his selection. It was obvious under the circumstances. However,  I just wish we had a little more depth as we seem to in the midfield. I  wish  Plaza all the  best. As I said before, he tries hard.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 08:49:35 PM »
After watching that video I am totally convinced that S Hart is some type of comedian if he is picking a player without getting documentation back from FIFA.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 05:22:29 AM »
Praise and thanks to the right to free speech
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peters pleased for TT football team call-up
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 09:40:25 AM »
Peters pleased for TT football team call-up
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

JELANI PETERS was a shock inclusion for the Trinidad and Tobago football team, for the forthcoming FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round Qualifiers against Costa Rica (at home this Friday) and Honduras (away on November 15).

But, in an interview conducted on Friday night, the easy-going 22-year-old W Connection defender acknowledged that he was pleased that his hard work has been rewarded by TT coach Stephen Hart.

“I had an idea I was going to be selected but, the call, I was surprised,” admitted Peters. “It was just hard work. It was a good feeling.” Asked when exactly he found out about his selection, he replied, “(on Wednesday 26) I got the call from the (Trinidad and Tobago Football Association) office. They told me I was selected for the team. I didn’t know it was the 23-man squad.

“I thought it was for the Gold Cup playoffs. And when I saw it was the World Cup squad, I was (happy). All the hard work paid off,” he added.

Looking back at his time at Connection thus far, he noted, “I finished off the season with them last year because I joined in January, during the transfer window. I started the (2016-2017) season, I played the four CONCACAF games. I’m glad for the experience too.” During Friday’s media conference at the TTFA office, Hart stated that Peters can be effective as both a central defender and left-back.

“I started off as a left back,” said Peters. “It’s only last year for Rangers (that coach) Angus (Eve) put me to play stopper. From (then) I keep playing stopper.” Concerning his personal preference, Peters stated, “I believe its equal. I believe its balanced. I can play both stopper and left-back, with the same ability, (but) I prefer the stopper.” Ironically, he revealed, “I didn’t play youth football for Trinidad.

Actually I used to play cricket and my brother Jesse was always pushing me to come and take ‘a little sweat’. That was about age 10. After I got involved in football, and from that I keep playing.” The Diego Martin resident, a former student of Diego Martin Boys RC and Tranquility Secondary School, is one of the few TT footballers currently who never had a taste of Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Intercol competition.

But, following his days with Tranquility, “I used to play Under- 18 for Rangers and then I went (to San Juan) Jabloteh to play Reserve (League). I took a rest for about a year and then I came back (to) Rangers’ reserve team. That’s when I signed my first professional contract with Rangers in 2013.

I played nearly three seasons with Rangers and then I came across to Connection in March.” About his long-term aspirations, Peters said, “my dream is to go outside and play in Europe. But if I get the break in the MLS, I’ll take it.

Europe is my main focus.” How did his parents (Franklyn and Vanessa) take the news of his TT selection? “They were not surprised at all,” he replied. “They know I’m dedicated to football. I was working hard. I’m committed to the sport. They rejoiced, they were happy.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
Hart mentioned that 5 CR players played on last week in Champions League.
I could remember only 4: Campbell and Bryan Ruiz for Sporting, Gamboa for Celtic and Navas for Real Madrid.
Who am I missing?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2016, 09:04:47 AM »
Pretty sure its only those four. Wish we hand only 4 players in the CL.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »
After watching that video I am totally convinced that S Hart is some type of comedian if he is picking a player without getting documentation back from FIFA.
:whistling:

1]; } ?>