March 28, 2024, 09:35:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)  (Read 28634 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 05:39:26 PM »
Haiti leading 1-0

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »
Hopefully the score remains like that till the final whistle

That should mean T&T needs to defeat Haiti 2-0 in 90 minutes to progress.  Can anyone confirm?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 05:57:39 PM »
Nice try. Haiti up by 2 - 0. Which means we could go through with 2-0. Impossible.. So no gold cup. Which means DJW has accomplished one of his twisted objectives..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:59:36 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 06:08:49 PM »
This is what I predicting..

We will be tied 0-0 with Haiti going into the 80th minute. The Haitians will give up an easy goal to avoid extra time. Similar to the Grenada & Barbados game in 94.  Final score T&T 1 Haiti 0.

With that being said.. Haiti 3 - 0 Suriname

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »
This is what I predicting..

We will be tied 0-0 with Haiti going into the 80th minute. The Haitians will give up an easy goal to avoid extra time. Similar to the Grenada & Barbados game in 94.  Final score T&T 1 Haiti 0.

Nicely done  ;D

With that being said.. Haiti 3 - 0 Suriname

Oops  :-[

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »
In some countries, no club teams would have agreed to play Haiti in warm-ups ... but such is Caribbean hospitality.  :)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »
In some countries, no club teams would have agreed to play Haiti in warm-ups ... but such is Caribbean hospitality.  :)

Maybe the team should have skipped the Nicaragua game and played a local club team instead..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »
Is it 3-0 before half time or is the game over?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
All we need is 4. Haiti up by 4-0. I predicted that the game on Sunday would be meaningless. But, wasnt expecting Haiti to trounce Suriname with a B+ team..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2017, 06:45:52 PM »
Actually, we only need 3 to advance. We dont need 4. Unless Haiti score another goal before the end.. WHICH IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE

Thanks DJW

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2017, 06:46:40 PM »
Suriname just score. So 2-0 will be good enough.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
All we need is 4. Haiti up by 4-0. I predicted that the game on Sunday would be meaningless. But, wasnt expecting Haiti to trounce Suriname with a B+ team..

Any links??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »

Any links??

No links. Game done.

Haiti give Suriname 4.  4 - 2.. Imagine what Haiti might do to us? I may sound pessimistic. But I still have an ounce of hope. Thanks DJW

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 06:51:49 PM »
4-2 to Haiti

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2017, 06:52:33 PM »
Suriname scored 4 goals. 2 own goals.. Wow..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
I was not expecting TT to lose to Suriname with a B team either.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »

Any links??

No links. Game done.

Haiti give Suriname 4.  4 - 2.. Imagine what Haiti might do to us? I may sound pessimistic. But I still have an ounce of hope. Thanks DJW

Thanks......so T&T need to win by how much on Sunday??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

Any links??

No links. Game done.

Thanks......so T&T need to win by how much on Sunday??

We need 2 goals. But what we really need is for DJW to go. He can take his cricket coach with him too

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »
I was not expecting TT to lose to Suriname with a B team either.

To think that Jamaica beat Suriname with 10 men. We really deserve to be in the hex?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
To think that Jamaica beat Suriname with 10 men. We really deserve to be in the hex?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2017, 07:17:27 PM »

Funny, because the teams that were in THE EASIEST group are where? at the bottom of the table. While the teams that were in the harder group are where? At the top of the table .i.e. CR and Pan

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2017, 07:39:19 PM »

Funny, because the teams that were in THE EASIEST group are where? at the bottom of the table. While the teams that were in the harder group are where? At the top of the table .i.e. CR and Pan

It's 2 matches bruh

WE WILL END UP LAST

But the US WILL finish top 3

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2017, 07:51:41 PM »

It's 2 matches bruh

WE WILL END UP LAST

But the US WILL finish top 3

Regardless, I still think that the quality in group B is going to see CR and Panama through. Sad that we are totally ruling ourselves out of contention. Maybe if the administration changes.. But DJW's paws are pulling the strings

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
did't we warm up against orange county blues or teams of that caliber as prep for our last gold cup?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »

Anything to undermine our chances.... the dictator is a saboteur extraordinaire

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2017, 05:27:30 AM »
our entire team really needs to show up come Sunday night. Pleaseeeee by some miracle...I don't want a draw, or a win with a less than 2 margin. This is what is now required to advance and Mr. Saintfeit needs to step up. This is your third game at the helm. Hart came in IN THE GOLD CUP and took us to the quarterfinals...so Mr. Saintfeit, again...third game in a short period of time. 1-0-2...

Pull this win off, it will bode well in terms of winning over some supporters. Myself included. Come in guys, in true trini fashion, we like heart attack football, we missing hart attach football, and if we cld pull not just a win, but a 2 goal difference win...we cld be in a gear...

Any word on uncle cornel and ceasar??
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2017, 07:33:30 AM »
T&T regroup and refocus for Haiti.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers were found regrouping and regaining their focus on the training field of the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday morning as they gear up for Sunday’s CFU Gold Cup playoff with Haiti at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 5pm.

Head Coach Tom Saintfiet used Thursday as a recovery day for his players following their 2-1 defeat to Suriname but was back on the training field the following morning (Friday) ahead of their do or die clash with the Haitians.

Haiti ended T&T’a Copa America Centenario ambitions with a late 1-0 win in the playoff in Panama City in January and both teams have been drawn together again in another playoff as they try to qualify for the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Team captain Carlos Edwards reflected on the loss, saying the T&T players did hurt but are picking themselves up for Sunday’s challenge.

“Obvious the boys did hurt because of the loss. I personally didn’t like the result because I felt there was no reason for us to me losing these kind of games at home especially with it being a qualifier for the Gold Cup,” Edwards told TTFA Media.

“But now we’ve returned to the training pitch and the feeling of wanting to go out and do better is back in our minds and we know we have a task to complete on Sunday. I believe in the squad even though we have some very young players who have not really found themselves as yet on the international level but the squad has the quality, i believe, to make us get results,” Edwards added.

“We have to play our best game yet under the new coach if we want to advance out of this stage. Every player must bring their best game to the Ato Boldon stadium on Sunday and then we can take things from the next day looking ahead to the final playoff and the qualifiers coming up in March,” the former Sunderland player said.

Haiti and Suriname meet at 7pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday, an encounter in which Haiti won 4-2 which means T&T can advance with a 2-0 victory over Haiti on Sunday or by two clear goals.

Interesting Facts – Trinidad and Tobago versus Haiti

With yet another qualifying match looming between the two nations, we take a look back at some interesting facts of the Trinidad and Tobago versus Haiti history. T&T faces Haiti at 5pm the Sunday at the Ato Boldon Stadium in a CFU Gold Cup playoff encounter.

1974 World Cup Qualifier in 1973

– T&T scored five goals but at the end of the game, the score read Haiti 2 Trinidad and   Tobago 1 with four goals being disallowed. The game will forever remained etched in the minds of the local fans as one in which their team was robbed and denied of an opportunity to play in the World Cup.

It was marred by some of the worst officiating in a match of such magnitude and later, the referee Jose Enrique of El Salvador and Canadian linesman James Higuet were both banned for life by the FIFA.

A report of the match in the Trinidad Guardian of December 6, 1973, written by Keith Sheppard who covered the tournament tells the story:Sheppard wrote : “I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would not believe it. Trinidad and Tobago scored five times and should have gotten a penalty in each session but lost 1-2 to Haiti in a very one-sided match at the Sylvio Cator Stadium here last night. They say goals win matches. This is one time they didn’t.”

Copa America qualifier

Haiti eliminated T&T from the final hurdle in qualification for the 2016 Copa America Centenario with a late 1-0 win in the playoff in Panama City .

Friendly win for T&T in Fort Lauderdale

Willis Plaza scored the lone goal the last time T&T defeated Haiti in a friendly played in Fort Lauderdale a week before the start of the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup.

Yorke helps T&T past Haiti in 2002 qualifier

Dwight Yorke, a late arrival into the national team camp from Manchester, scored a first half 25th minute goal to put T&T ahead 1-0 in a 2002 World Cup qualifier played in May of 2000 in Port-au-Prince. The game ended 1-1 but T&T advanced to the semi-final round 4-2 on aggregate after winning the home leg 3-1.

John, Knights take T&T past Haiti

Stern John of Columbus Crew scored a double with goals in the 1st minute and the 60th to guide Trinidad and Tobago past Haiti 4-1 in the semi-final of the Caribbean Cup in 1998 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain. T&T also got a double from striker Irasto Knights in the 15th and 42nd minutes. T&T went on to play Jamaica in the final but lost 2-1

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
Haiti are good and play when the chips are down. Their local game is well attended and better than you'd think, so they will be a match for the current set up. I lack confidence, especially given our notable absences physically and otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »
Some other WC titbits with Haiti. 1970 WC, the TTFA claimed lack of funds and we played both games in Haiti.  Sores were 4-0 to Haiti in the first and I think we won the second 4-2, I think.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »
Final score:

TRI -2, HAI-3
 ;D

1]; } ?>