March 28, 2024, 02:35:08 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)  (Read 28639 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
I'm not seeing the game but it sounds like we have a serious deficiency in handling cross balls

No royal. We have a serious "administrative" deficiency.

Yes as to both.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
Trinidad football still has a mentality that defenders defend, midfielders and strikers score goals.  So, midfielders, especially the "star boys" don't work off the ball when we don't have it, nor do strikers track back.  Forget about defending higher up the pitch.  Our players don't have the discipline and drive to high press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:27:39 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
That is what I was waiting for you to share. I do not believe attributing these 3 goals to his presence in the Ascenso presents a fair or complete pic. Same could have happened before his departure. Has he improved in Mexico?

Yes he is learning what it means to play pro instead of being in an amateur league. Fitness, tactical approach of the teams he plays against, intensity, tight marking from opposing defenders, playing in tight spaces, leaving 100% on the field, finishing your only chance, etc etc. It's a process and he still struggles in Mexico but 5 months show a huge improvement. Now playing Caribbean opposition who plays in amateur leagues in the Caribbean like this Haiti side is like a walk in the park though.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »
Well all I could say is the attackers did their job today...we needed 2 and they provided 3 (doh mind how ugly it looked).

Unfortunately, the defenders couldn't get their job done, which we grow accustom to...sadly!

Way to step up for yuh country Winchester! Put some respeck on the kid name!

lol nonsense

Ent.

Also, were we ever 2 goals ahead at any moment? NO!

Not surprising at all cuz defensively we poor...tactically we can't get it done cuz we very passive....we lack that defensive awareness and concentration needed to shutout teams and Constantly players remind us that defensively they irresponsible and untrustworthy...mentality we don't have a consistent desire to win we own individual battles on the pitch throughout 90+ mins...so we always ready to concede a few goals doh matter the opposition.

Thanks. Indeed that's local caribbean football in a nut shell.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
That is what I was waiting for you to share. I do not believe attributing these 3 goals to his presence in the Ascenso presents a fair or complete pic. Same could have happened before his departure. Has he improved in Mexico?

Yes he is learning what it means to play pro instead of being in an amateur league. Fitness, tactical approach of the teams he plays against, intensity, tight marking from opposing defenders, playing in tight spaces, leaving 100% on the field, finishing your only chance, etc etc. It's a process and he still struggles in Mexico but 5 months show a huge improvement. Now playing Caribbean opposition who plays in amateur leagues in the Caribbean like this Haiti side is like a walk in the park though.

This is not the game on which to draw conclusions. And yes, he struggles in Mexico.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2017, 06:28:40 PM »
Well all I could say is the attackers did their job today...we needed 2 and they provided 3 (doh mind how ugly it looked).

Unfortunately, the defenders couldn't get their job done, which we grow accustom to...sadly!

lol nonsense

Ent.

Not surprising at all cuz defensively we poor...tactically we can't get it done cuz we very passive....we lack that defensive awareness and concentration needed to shutout teams and Constantly players remind us that defensively they irresponsible and untrustworthy...mentality we don't have a consistent desire to win we own individual battles on the pitch throughout 90+ mins...so we always ready to concede a few goals doh matter the opposition.

On the available evidence, Adrian Foncette is not up to the task. Point blank. Even with other defensive issues, a higher standard of care is needed between the sticks.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »
I NEVER SEEN IT THIS BAD...NEVER.

Been following TnT Football since the mid 70's... hardly ever missed a match... SAD.

DOC...nice to meet you...together we aspire...together we take we licks.....cheers

also...was strange just bouncing up like 5  national team regulars in the stand..while the action taking place.. J Jones.. Nash Molino.. Mikel...Carlyle...say what...MARCH...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:23 PM »
Taking all the setbacks our C team haven't done as bad as was expected, it shows what we can do with a little more exposure, I am talking about the home grown players.The new coach must also be given some credit.If we fail to win tonite, there seems to be room for more improvement, and a chance to make Russia.

You obviously do not fully understand the quality of the teams in the HEX; that is technical ability, physical ability and the quality of their coaching staffs.

Yesterday I looked at the first half of the US v Mexico ... and when I considered who Juan Carlos Osorio had on the bench, plus what was happening on the field... the mere idea of this patchwork project of the last 3 weeks is cringeworthy.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »

lol nonsense

Ent.

On the available evidence, Adrian Foncette is not up to the task. Point blank. Even with other defensive issues, a higher standard of care is needed between the sticks.

Trinidad's GK pool is probably the weakest I've seen in my lifetime.  None of these guys are good enough to be in Europe.  Foncette is not international std. 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
Please someone tell me if this one is not the best GK available by a huge margin https://youtu.be/8r0vl1KnDOA

So my next question is, who in the world is the scout for the national team???
do you know how long i have been crying for these nincompoops to give this goal keeper a shot? they continue with williams and phillips who can't keep a clean sheet if his life was on the line. now they gone with the worst of the lot foncette, this bloke is a plank in goal he gave up goals in south america like a true novice yet they stick with these locals and only them and god knows why.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2017, 06:48:23 PM »
Thank God it over. I could relax for two months and ignore the train wreck that is the TTFA. I have nothing negative for the soldiers that fight, kick, spit, bite and claw today but the TTFA Board, Administrators and Technical staff all need to go
they conceded 4 bloody goals are you crazy? we had three of our starting first team defenders two starting first team midfielders and we allowed haiti second string team to score four goals on us in a must win game. our defense has always been our achilles heal. these five players continuesly let down the team time abd time again. i say keep bateau and drop that whole back line including the keeper. they are a totals waste of time.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »
How much money the FA would have gotten for GC qualification? I think it is usually around 150k..

Well the only winners here are Saint"fete".  He get a 4 week holiday and get to see some pretty Trini women. I wonder if DJW go pay for he taxi ride to the airport?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »

that defense has always let us down from the inception of trinidad football. it's like they don't know the meaning of defending.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »
We get the result we deserve

On to the next match
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »

lol nonsense

Ent.

Trinidad's GK pool is probably the weakest I've seen in my lifetime.  None of these guys are good enough to be in Europe.  Foncette is not international std. 

Europe??? You mean USL I hope

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »

Failure to qualify for the Gold Cup is bad enough, failure to qualify in the middle of a WC campaign is worse

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
Now that we out of the GC. What's next? Sit back and watch the Dictator push the country's football legacy up he ass.
Yup! He can do basically whatever he wants and we can't do nutten about it.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »

lol nonsense

Ent.

very true and the feller between the sticks don't make it any easier, all three of them dammit!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:47:32 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2017, 08:16:15 PM »
when i woke up that gloomy november day in 2015 and saw that DJW had won the election i got a very strange feeling that we were going back to rations days. we were finally recovering from the strangle hold of AJW and was making progress and was at the exit way of the bear cave only to be dragged right back in by the awakening alpha grizzly DJW.

since this man took charge we have lost every important match saving st vincent and DR. it's really hard to stay here and watch this carnage take place. just yesterday we were matching stride with usa, now we are being beaten by surename. this DJW is a hex on our football. in my opinion i believe the lads don't want to play for this bloke since he fired the coach, everyone who could have made a difference either fell ill or had prior commitments.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:45:47 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
when i woke up that gloomy november day in 2015 and saw that DJW had won the election i got a very strange feeling that we were going back to rations days. we were finally recovering from the strangle hold of AJW and was making progress and was at the exit way of the bear cave only to be dragged right back in by the awakening alpha grizzly DJW.

since this man took charge we have lost every important match st vincent and DR. it really hard to stay here and watch this carnage take place. just yesterday we were matching stride with usa, now we are being beaten by surename. this DJW is a hex on our football. in my opinion i believe the lads don't want to play for this bloke since he fired the coach, everyone who could have made a difference either fell ill or had prior commitments.

That's what I think. They dont want to play since the coach gone.

If this shit was going on in Brazilian football , yuh done know this would be in the media. There would be a public call for the president to throw in the towel.

As I said previously, that president WILL NOT RESIGN if the public called for him to.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2017, 08:56:11 PM »

since this man took charge we have lost every important match st vincent and DR. it really hard to stay here and watch this carnage take place. just yesterday we were matching stride with usa, now we are being beaten by surename. this DJW is a hex on our football. in my opinion i believe the lads don't want to play for this bloke since he fired the coach, everyone who could have made a difference either fell ill or had prior commitments.

That's what I think. They dont want to play since the coach gone.

If this shit was going on in Brazilian football , yuh done know this would be in the media. There would be a public call for the president to throw in the towel.

As I said previously, that president WILL NOT RESIGN if the public called for him to.

Why would he resign?

The national team is now his personal "feeder" team. If the business model in T&T football is to showcase T&T players and sell them...regardless of where they go...be it Eastern Europe, MLS, Thailand, Vietnam, India or wherever would pay to have them....then he has the best local vehicle, the national team, to maximize said "exposure".  Look for more Equitorial Guinea games in the future.

The results of the national team are immaterial. As long as Players getting employment. tV rights coming in and one or two sponsors passing $, he eh going a place
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »
Thank God it over. I could relax for two months and ignore the train wreck that is the TTFA. I have nothing negative for the soldiers that fight, kick, spit, bite and claw today but the TTFA Board, Administrators and Technical staff all need to go
they conceded 4 bloody goals are you crazy? we had three of our starting first team defenders two starting first team midfielders and we allowed haiti second string team to score four goals on us in a must win game. our defense has always been our achilles heal. these five players continuesly let down the team time abd time again. i say keep bateau and drop that whole back line including the keeper. they are a totals waste of time.

I maybe crazy but not naive like you to think defense is the responsibility of the defenders. The forwards are the first line , the midfield the 2nd and the back 4 the last. Tell me what the 1st and 2nd line did then talk about the defenders and goal keeper. In modern football 11 defend and 11 attack.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2017, 11:13:45 PM »
We real taking licks boy. This has to be the lowest we have ever been in my lifetime.
We getting licks every where :cursing:
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2017, 06:33:48 AM »
Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester are some of the T&T players that I like to watch. Anyone here watch Murcielagos? I believe both of them deserve to sign with a better club.

I enjoyed Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles performances against Haiti as well. Tyrone has been good the last few matches, is he one of the best players in the Pro League? It's strange that he's already 28 y/o and never played in other leagues.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2017, 07:12:46 AM »
Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester are some of the T&T players that I like to watch. Anyone here watch Murcielagos? I believe both of them deserve to sign with a better club.

I enjoyed Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles performances against Haiti as well. Tyrone has been good the last few matches, is he one of the best players in the Pro League? It's strange that he's already 28 y/o and never played in other leagues.

Better club? Winchester is set to be a sub at Murcielagos and it's not like Liga MX clubs are chasing Jomal...

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »

Better club? Winchester is set to be a sub at Murcielagos and it's not like Liga MX clubs are chasing Jomal...

I say this based on their performances for the national team.
But just to prove my point, I checked here and Winchester is starting a lot of matches for Murcielagos. In the last 10 matches he started 7 and scored 3 goals, coming as a sub on the others he didn't start.

Jomal Williams is good, I don't understand why you're saying this. Last match T&T x Costa Rica was broadcasted here in Brazil and the commentators praised him a lot. He's promising, very young and earning a lot of minutes in Ascenso. And yeah, both could go to better leagues than Liga Ascenso, MLS for example.

I'm more optimistic than you about players of your country  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:50:02 AM by andremartinsc »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:57 AM »
It upsetting to see Haiti beating us to those crosses.
Foncette made some important stops, Haiti had some very good chances that he got in front of. The last Haiti shouldn't have scored IMO. Keeper and defender shoulda had that.
Congrats Winchester on a good game.
Ey every time we miss a GC it is a huge setback. Wtf man

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
Taking all the setbacks our C team haven't done as bad as was expected, it shows what we can do with a little more exposure, I am talking about the home grown players.The new coach must also be given some credit.If we fail to win tonite, there seems to be room for more improvement, and a chance to make Russia.

You obviously do not fully understand the quality of the teams in the HEX; that is technical ability, physical ability and the quality of their coaching staffs.

Dude yuh talking to ah fella that somehow manage to take ah gulp of whatever DJW serving.  Doh waste yuh time.  One minute he talking about build local, next he want to call the overseas pros, all while seemingly singing DJW and Saintshyte praises

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2017, 09:40:33 AM »
Haiti consistently beats us now!!! is this the new norm WTF!!! :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:
Suriname!!! are you kidding me, what the hell are we doing, we cannot continue the HEX with this nonsense we playing
ANYBODY HAVE HART OR BEENHAKER ON SPEED DIAL!!!!  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »

I say this based on their performances for the national team.
But just to prove my point, I checked here and Winchester is starting a lot of matches for Murcielagos. In the last 10 matches he started 7 and scored 3 goals, coming as a sub on the others he didn't start.

Jomal Williams is good, I don't understand why you're saying this. Last match T&T x Costa Rica was broadcasted here in Brazil and the commentators praised him a lot. He's promising, very young and earning a lot of minutes in Ascenso. And yeah, both could go to better leagues than Liga Ascenso, MLS for example.

I'm more optimistic than you about players of your country  :D

MLS is not better than Ascenso MX

1]; } ?>