March 28, 2024, 05:01:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)  (Read 28620 times)

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Haiti Game (08-Jan-2017)
« Reply #240 on: January 09, 2017, 01:12:51 PM »
Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester are some of the T&T players that I like to watch. Anyone here watch Murcielagos? I believe both of them deserve to sign with a better club.

I enjoyed Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles performances against Haiti as well. Tyrone has been good the last few matches, is he one of the best players in the Pro League? It's strange that he's already 28 y/o and never played in other leagues.

Better club? Winchester is set to be a sub at Murcielagos and it's not like Liga MX clubs are chasing Jomal...

I say this based on their performances for the national team.
But just to prove my point, I checked here and Winchester is starting a lot of matches for Murcielagos. In the last 10 matches he started 7 and scored 3 goals, coming as a sub on the others he didn't start.

Jomal Williams is good, I don't understand why you're saying this. Last match T&T x Costa Rica was broadcasted here in Brazil and the commentators praised him a lot. He's promising, very young and earning a lot of minutes in Ascenso. And yeah, both could go to better leagues than Liga Ascenso, MLS for example.

I'm more optimistic than you about players of your country  :D

MLS is not better than Ascenso MX

Why a lot of guys here hate MLS so much? lol
I'm Brazilian, I live in Brazil and I don't care about USA but it's easy to recognize their league is getting better every year. God, Pirlo was playing in UCL in 2015 and in the next year he was an average player in MLS. They're not the best league in the world but they're certainly better than Ascenso. Molino plays in MLS, Bostock trialed in MLS, Aubrey, Mekeil, Cato, all in MLS and most of them are pretty average there. Come on...

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
A little anecdote on the match. Haiti wanted to score an own goal to end the match 2-3 to avoid the extra time but CFU warned the Haitian officials that they would take actions against it. The Haitian players knew about it.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester are some of the T&T players that I like to watch. Anyone here watch Murcielagos? I believe both of them deserve to sign with a better club.

I enjoyed Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles performances against Haiti as well. Tyrone has been good the last few matches, is he one of the best players in the Pro League? It's strange that he's already 28 y/o and never played in other leagues.

Better club? Winchester is set to be a sub at Murcielagos and it's not like Liga MX clubs are chasing Jomal...

But just to prove my point, I checked here and Winchester is starting a lot of matches for Murcielagos. In the last 10 matches he started 7 and scored 3 goals, coming as a sub on the others he didn't start.

Jomal Williams is good, I don't understand why you're saying this. Last match T&T x Costa Rica was broadcasted here in Brazil and the commentators praised him a lot. He's promising, very young and earning a lot of minutes in Ascenso. And yeah, both could go to better leagues than Liga Ascenso, MLS for example.

I'm Brazilian, I live in Brazil and I don't care about USA but it's easy to recognize their league is getting better every year. God, Pirlo was playing in UCL in 2015 and in the next year he was an average player in MLS. They're not the best league in the world but they're certainly better than Ascenso. Molino plays in MLS, Bostock trialed in MLS, Aubrey, Mekeil, Cato, all in MLS and most of them are pretty average there. Come on...

Well that is your opinion. No MLS hate but the public opinion is that Ascenso and MLS are of similar level. Ask anyone in Costa Rica and they will tell you Ascenso is more competitive than their league which is the best one in Central America. And Costarican teams regularly beat MLS teams in CCL. So you can draw your conclusions. Aubrey and Cato would not attract interest in Ascenso I am afraid.

You can read more here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brotherlygame.com/platform/amp/2015/3/3/8112791/ranking-the-top-10-best-soccer-leagues-in-concacaf?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brotherlygame.com/platform/amp/2016/7/27/12209088/2016-rankings-best-top-club-soccer-leagues-in-concacaf-mls-liga-mx?client=safari

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2017, 02:20:43 PM »

Well that is your opinion. No MLS hate but the public opinion is that Ascenso and MLS are of similar level. Ask anyone in Costa Rica and they will tell you Ascenso is more competitive than their league which is the best one in Central America. And Costarican teams regularly beat MLS teams in CCL. So you can draw your conclusions. Aubrey and Cato would not attract interest in Ascenso I am afraid.

You can read more here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brotherlygame.com/platform/amp/2015/3/3/8112791/ranking-the-top-10-best-soccer-leagues-in-concacaf?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/www.brotherlygame.com/platform/amp/2016/7/27/12209088/2016-rankings-best-top-club-soccer-leagues-in-concacaf-mls-liga-mx?client=safari

In addition Pirlo is 37 and the fact he was average in MLS is largely due to the fact that the players around him are low level for the most part. He said it very clearly and it's why European teams go to Mexico and not MLS for their players usually. Do you know Celaya just sold two young players to Pachuca (one is Chilean) for $1.5 millions each. That is more than any Costarican player market value when going to MLS.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/andrea-pirlo-says-mls-is-too-much-physical-work-and-too-little-play-052316

https://www.google.com/amp/mexico.as.com/mexico/2016/12/13/futbol/1481667406_459948.amp.html?client=safari

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
The MLS is not an easy league to play in. Asked Gerrard about that.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »

You know what makes it hard? the overwhelming number of players whose only asset is to run and be strong but can't read the game or trap a ball

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2017, 03:24:23 PM »

You know what makes it hard? the overwhelming number of players whose only asset is to run and be strong but can't read the game or trap a ball

MLS needs to get more technical.  Too many fit laborers, not enough technicians.  It takes too long to put the ball on the mat in the MLS and defenders lack composure to play the ball out the back when pressed.  The best part of the league is the goalkeeping, if you ask me.  Loads of talent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »

MLS needs to get more technical.  Too many fit laborers, not enough technicians.  It takes too long to put the ball on the mat in the MLS and defenders lack composure to play the ball out the back when pressed.  The best part of the league is the goalkeeping, if you ask me.  Loads of talent!

Agreed but every week you see Goalkeeper mistakes that seem out of one of those collections. Just think of 2015 MLS cup for instance.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Agreed but every week you see Goalkeeper mistakes that seem out of one of those collections. Just think of 2015 MLS cup for instance.

Still, the pool is about 6-7 deep, in terms of GKs who are outstanding.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2017, 05:44:16 AM »

MLS clubs don't take CCL seriously. Its calendar doesn't help and most times they don't play with their best players. It's hard to be competitive playing with a mix of your A/B or sometimes B/C teams, in a league that the cap is so strict that is hard to build a solid roster with all 28 quality players. Soccer is too dynamic guys, there's a lot more complex stuff than comparing results, everything can change quickly! There's culture, training, fitness, calendar, travel, roster, injuries, salary cap. All involved.

"Pirlo is 37", yeah, and he was playing UCL final when he was 36. Only one year isn't enough to a player drop his level like that. It's not fair to blame only his teammates. Pirlo messed up in a lot of matches, missed easy passes and didn't score FKs like he used to do.

Gerrard was useless in MLS, 10x worse than Pirlo. De Jong was ok. Cole is ok. Those 3 I mentioned played on the same team with Keane and some other talented players, and still couldn't be too much above average.

Don't buy those easy excuses like "MLS is so intense that good players can't play". Pirlo criticized the league because he couldn't accept the fact that he simply can't fit in, even playing with stars like Lampard and Villa (the last 2 could play well without depreciating the league).

It's necessary to watch the league more, because those stereotypes are useless. Just like saying there're huge goalkeeper mistakes weekly, because it isn't true. There are some mistakes sometimes for obvious reasons, because it constantly happens in the biggest leagues too.

A good point to observe too is that Panamá is getting stronger in CONCACAF recently, and there's a strong flux of Panamanians to MLS, and it's not just the "strong centerbacks from Panama" like Roman Torres and Harold Cummings, it's the talented ones like Quintero, Miguel Camargo and Godoy.

I could find a lot of examples of players coming from bigger leagues and failing or even succeeding in MLS. Gilberto, for example, scored 14 goals in the Brazilian 1st division in 2013 and then struggled in Toronto, scoring only 7 in 2014. Failed. David Villa was 2016 MLS MVP.

A team from Ascenso could win against an MLS club, Murcielagos could come to US and beat Houston Dynamo, for example. But my point is that in an imaginary league mixed with MLS clubs and Ascenso clubs, MLS clubs would do a lot better. The best clubs in MLS are also better than the best in Ascenso, just compare FC Dallas roster/quality with any club in Ascenso MX, it's almost unfair competition.

This debate is kinda useless, but I respect all your opinions. Have a great day people. Peace!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:46:50 AM by andremartinsc »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2017, 08:11:49 AM »

MLS clubs don't take CCL seriously. Its calendar doesn't help and most times they don't play with their best players. It's hard to be competitive playing with a mix of your A/B or sometimes B/C teams, in a league that the cap is so strict that is hard to build a solid roster with all 28 quality players. Soccer is too dynamic guys, there's a lot more complex stuff than comparing results, everything can change quickly! There's culture, training, fitness, calendar, travel, roster, injuries, salary cap. All involved.

"Pirlo is 37", yeah, and he was playing UCL final when he was 36. Only one year isn't enough to a player drop his level like that. It's not fair to blame only his teammates. Pirlo messed up in a lot of matches, missed easy passes and didn't score FKs like he used to do.

Gerrard was useless in MLS, 10x worse than Pirlo. De Jong was ok. Cole is ok. Those 3 I mentioned played on the same team with Keane and some other talented players, and still couldn't be too much above average.

Don't buy those easy excuses like "MLS is so intense that good players can't play". Pirlo criticized the league because he couldn't accept the fact that he simply can't fit in, even playing with stars like Lampard and Villa (the last 2 could play well without depreciating the league).

It's necessary to watch the league more, because those stereotypes are useless. Just like saying there're huge goalkeeper mistakes weekly, because it isn't true. There are some mistakes sometimes for obvious reasons, because it constantly happens in the biggest leagues too.

A good point to observe too is that Panamá is getting stronger in CONCACAF recently, and there's a strong flux of Panamanians to MLS, and it's not just the "strong centerbacks from Panama" like Roman Torres and Harold Cummings, it's the talented ones like Quintero, Miguel Camargo and Godoy.

I could find a lot of examples of players coming from bigger leagues and failing or even succeeding in MLS. Gilberto, for example, scored 14 goals in the Brazilian 1st division in 2013 and then struggled in Toronto, scoring only 7 in 2014. Failed. David Villa was 2016 MLS MVP.

A team from Ascenso could win against an MLS club, Murcielagos could come to US and beat Houston Dynamo, for example. But my point is that in an imaginary league mixed with MLS clubs and Ascenso clubs, MLS clubs would do a lot better. The best clubs in MLS are also better than the best in Ascenso, just compare FC Dallas roster/quality with any club in Ascenso MX, it's almost unfair competition.

This debate is kinda useless, but I respect all your opinions. Have a great day people. Peace!

The MLS teams have much bigger rosters and budget than the Costarican clubs and lose fair and straight. The ones using B sides are usually the Mexican clubs until the quarter finals.

I have my doubts on what you say. Atiba Harris would not start for a top Ascenso team like Celaya or Dorados. Dorados this past tournament had Joe Corona who has been around USA national team in recent years.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »

The MLS teams have much bigger rosters and budget than the Costarican clubs and lose fair and straight. The ones using B sides are usually the Mexican clubs until the quarter finals.

I have my doubts on what you say. Atiba Harris would not start for a top Ascenso team like Celaya or Dorados. Dorados this past tournament had Joe Corona who has been around USA national team in recent years.

For every old fart coming to play without motivation and to collect a paycheck vacation to MLS, there are many mediocre european players who come to make a difference like Matteo Mancosu for instance.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2017, 07:32:24 AM »
A little anecdote on the match. Haiti wanted to score an own goal to end the match 2-3 to avoid the extra time but CFU warned the Haitian officials that they would take actions against it. The Haitian players knew about it.

Did they say how they would have sanctioned Haiti?

1]; } ?>