March 28, 2024, 07:15:27 AM

Author Topic: Another blow as Trinidad and Tobago falls 1-3 to Honduras in San Pedro Sula  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another blow as Trinidad and Tobago falls 1-3 to Honduras in San Pedro Sula
By Valentino Singh (T&T Guardian)

An explosive display by Honduras that culminated with a strikes by Rommel Quioto in the 16th, Emilio Izaguirre in the 19th minute and an 81st minute item from substitute Eddie Hernandez, handed T&T their second defeat in as many matches - a 3-1 result, in the Final Round of the World Cup Qualifiers yesterday at the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula.

T&T lost goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams to injury early in the match as the home team sought to capitalise on a shabby T&T defence. After seven minutes Quioto’s through-ball sent Alberth Elis on his way, but he was stopped by the intervention of Williams who collided with the striker and had to be taken off.

Marvin Phillip replaced Williams but could do nothing when a neat build-up by the Hondurans found an unmarked Quioto on the left side to fire the ball into the top left corner, helped by the out-stretched arms of the goalkeeper. 

T&T coach Stephen Hart replaced striker Jomal Williams with Trevin Caesar from last week’s defeat to Costa Rica at home, but his defence failed to shake-off the nerves that the home team exploited vigorously.

Defender Carlyle Mitchell was guilty of handing Honduras their second item in the 19th minute. The central defender unwittingly tried shielding the ball, though being tightly marked by two players that included the prolific Quioto.

The stocky Honduran robbed Mitchell of the ball and beat Phillip with a powerful grounder on his near post for his team’s second goal.

The Hondurans who went down to a 1-0 defeat to Panama in their first game on Friday, were relentless in their attacks, opting to exploit the open right side where Daneil Cyrus and Cordell Cato operated.

They thought they had received their third but Quioto’s drive from the left side whisked past the far post as they went to the break with a 2-0 advantage.

Hart’s men look a renewed team on the resumption and sought to reduce the deficit in  the opening moments despite an aggressive Honduras defence.

T&T got the goal they were hoping for in the 51st minute. From Khaleem Hyland’s left-side corner,  Mitchell climbed unchallenged to head past the goalkeeper and reduce the gap 2-1. Later captain Kenwyne Jones was picked out unmarked in the area but turned his attempt wide of the post before being ruled off-side.

Honduras brought on Hernandez as a replacement for Quioto in the 68th minute and he immediately showed his worth by rattling the T&T crossbar with a powerful header, when Emilio delivered perfectly for him in the T&T penalty area, only a minute after coming on.

Willis Plaza who came on for the usually dangerous Joevin Jones, gave the visitors some hope when Kenwyne Jones threaded one to him on the right of the Honduras defence, but his low attempt was gobbled up by goalkeeper Donis Escober in the 76th minute.   

The Hondurans though, would not be denied when Boniek Garcia was put through down the left flank in the 81st and his centre was met nicely by Hernandez who steered past a hapless Phillip for the win.

Teams

Honduras: 22. Donis Escober; 7. Emilio Izaguirre, 4. Henry Figueroa, 3. Maynor Figueroa, 21. Brayan Beckeles; 10. Mario Martinez (6. Carlos Discua 68’), 15. Roger Espinoza, 20. Jorge Claros, 14. Boniek Oscar Garcia (8. Alfredo Mejía 93’); 12. Rommel Quioto (13. Eddy Hernandez 68’), 17. Alberth Elis

Subs not used: 1. Luis Lopez, 5. Allans Vargas, 11. Diego Reyes, 23. Cesar Oseguera, 16. Johnny Leveron, 8. Roman Castillo Alvarez, 18. Oscar Salas

Coach: Jorge Luis Pinto

Trinidad and Tobago: 21. Jan-Michael Williams (1. Marvin Phillip 9’); 4. Sheldon Bateau, 12. Carlyle Mitchell, 5. Daniel Cyrus, 2. Aubrey David; 19. Kevan George, 8. Khaleem Hyland, 7. Cordell Cato, 3. Joevin Jones (16. Levi Garcia 71’); 9. Kenwyne Jones, 11. Trevin Caesar (13. Willis Plaza 75’)

Subs not used: 22. Adrian Foncette (GK), 6. Radanfah Abu Bakr, 10. Marcus Joseph, 11.Ataulla Guerra, 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 17. Jelani Peters, 18. Yohance Marshall

Coach: Stephen Hart

Match Officials
Referee: Jair Marrufo (USA)
Assistant Referee 1: Corey Rockwell (USA)
Assistant Referee 2: Frank Anderson (USA)
4th Official: Baldomero Toledo (USA)

HIGHLIGHTS
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JJOmogA2hVA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JJOmogA2hVA</a>

FULL MATCH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zZhE3peXzPs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zZhE3peXzPs</a>
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:05:21 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T suffers 3-1 defeat to Honduras.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:51:21 AM »
T&T suffers 3-1 defeat to Honduras.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team suffered their second straight defeat in the CONCACAF Final Round of World Cup qualification with a 3-1 defeat to Honduras at the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitan in San Pedro Sula on Tuesday evening.

T&T conceded two quick goals inside four minutes as the match swung in the home team’s way before a boisterous crowd of just under 30,000.

The result left T&T in fifth spot after two games ahead of the United States on goal difference as they went down 4-0 away to Costa Rica. Costa Rica tops the group at the moment with six points, followed by Mexico (4pts) and Panama (4pts) as those two teams battled to a 0-0 draw on Tuesday night.

For Honduras, Romell Quioto opened the scoring on 16 minutes after picking his spot from the edge of the 18-yard box, and soon after in the 19th, Alberth Elis turned a defender and teed up Emilio Izaguirre who won possession from Carlyle Mitchell to send in a deflected shot past goalkeeper Marvin Phillip at the near post.

T&T lost goalkeeper Jan Michael Wiliams to injury in the 10th minute as the player received a knocked to the head as he chased down a ball with Aberth Ellis moving goalwards, suffering a concussion in the process and had to be rushed to hospital. Williams was unconscious for seven minutes, according to the team doctor Terence Babwah and could not recall anything about the game leading up to the point of injury. But he regained consciousness and was kept for observation at hospital until 10pm Honduras time. He underwent a cat scan which showed no bleeding of the brain.

T&T took a long time to settle as the hosts enjoyed the ball for long periods, leaving T&T on the blackfoot. Trevin Caesar;s effort which went wide was about their best look at goal in the first half.

But skipper Kenwyne Jones and his men pulled their socks up in the second half and begun to unsettle the hosts leading to their first goal through Mitchell. Moments before Jones (K) saw his header pushed out from a Joevin Jones delivery as T&T forced three consecutive corners with the third from Khaleem Hyland being powerfully headed home by Mitchell.

Hyland tested the Honduran custodian with a free kick on 57 minutes but he made the save.

This short spell of T&T getting themselves back into the game took the home fans out of the game for a bit but T&T could not find the equaliser. Substitute Willis Plaza had a low right footed effort saved by goalkeeper Donis Escober.

Eddie Hernandez would then seal the victory for the hosts 10 minutes from time by slotting home Boniek Garcia’s left side cross.

T&T midfielder Hyland left the game with a hamstring injury in the closing stages.

In T&T’s only ever qualification for a World Cup in 2006, which today marks  eleven years since defeating Bahrain to advance, this country commenced the “Hex” with two opening defeats, a 2-1 loss at home to USA and a 5-1 thrashing away to Guatemala before holding Costa Rica 0-0 at home in the third match and subsequently going on to secure the fourth place spot which led to a 2-1 win on aggregate over Bahrain in the inter-continental playoff.

T&T’s third and fourth matches are  at home to Costa Rica on March 24th and Mexico on March 28th.

Before that T&T faces Suriname on January 4th and Haiti on January 8th in the CFU Playoffs towards the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Stephen Hart’s Post-Match Comments

“We gave up two early goals and allowed them to get on top of us. I thought both goals were preventable. We were just physically man-handled today and I am not pleased with the level of commitment, maybe it’s the level of fitness, I would have  to see the game again,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Our filling of space both defensively and offensively has to have way more physical effort.

Ahead of the games in March.

“I think some changes need to be made and within those changes you have a number of players who will be home and you can address some of the physical issues. I have to sit down and review all the games and really think of the road ahead.

From then to Now – From victories over Panama (2-1)  and Guatemala (2-1) and a 3-3 draw with Mexico between September to November last year to defeats to Martinique, Costa Rica and Honduras of recent.

” Well as I said a lot of it has to do with the physical make up. But even in possession we are not playing with enough triangulation and we are not simply playing fast enough. When you are away from home or even home, and goals are scored we are dropping our heads. We need to fight.”

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams (1.Marvin Phillip 9th); 5.Daneil Cyrus, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 12.Carlyle Mitchell, 2.Aubrey David; 7.Cordell Cato, 19.Kevan George, 8.Khaleem Hyland, 3.Joevin Jones (16.Levi Garcia 71st); 20.Trevin Caesar (13.Willis Plaza 75th), 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt).

Unused substitutes: 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 10.Marcus Joseph, 11.Ataulla Guerra, 14.Andre Boucaud, 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 17.Jelani Peters, 18.Yohance Marshall, 23.Jomal Williams,

Coach: Stephen Hart

Honduras: 1.Donis Escobar; 21.Brayan Beckeles, 3.Maynor Figoeroa, 4.Henry Figueroa, 7.Emilio Izaguirre; 15.Roger Espinoza, 20.Jorge Claros; 14.Boniek Garcia, 12.Romell Quioto (13.Eddie Hernandez 68th); 10.Mario Martinez (6.Carlos Discua 68th), 17.Alberth Ellis,

Unused substitutes: 1.Luis Lopez (GK), 2.Félix Crisanto, 5.Allans Vargas, 8.Alfredo Mejia, 9.Roman Castillo, 11.Diego Reyes, 16.Johnny Leveron, 18.Oscar Salas, 23.César Oseguera.

Coach: Jorge Luis Pinto

Referee: Jair Marrufo (USA)

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
Costa Rica  2  2  0  0  6  0  6
Mexico  2  1  1  0  2  1  4
Panama  2  1  1  0  1  0  4
Honduras  2  1  0  1  3  2  3
T&T  2  0  0  2  1  5  0
USA  2  0  0  2  1  6  0

Post Match Interview - Hart comments after 3-1 loss to Honduras

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
When you are away from home or even home, and goals are scored we are dropping our heads. We need to fight.”

I've been calling for a sports psychologist repeatedly for this team. If we are seeing the deficiencies and not actively trying to address the problems then que sera sera.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We showed fight against Mexico twice, dropping our heads is not the DNA of a T&T team. Actually we are known  to play better when we are a goal down. Same ole another day. Who is the Messiah to bail us out this time?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
I have said this before but, we just cannot match the quick passing game of the Latin teams, Honduras were very impressive to me with their quick and deadly accurate passing and moving to the next play omg they had us chasing wind all game, we just could not hold the ball for more than 10 seconds WTF!!!, this is football 101 and we have failed to rise to the occasion in the last two games. We have the talent but lack the motivation and fitness. That 3rd goal they scored was awesome from set up to finish and once again Cyrus failed to track Boniek Garcia who was tormenting the right side.
I SUGGEST THESE GUYS START LEARNING TO READ BODY LANGUAGE AND ANTICIPATE WHERE THE NEXT PLAY IS GOING TO BE MADE

WE HAVE TO CHANGE OUR APPROACH AND IMPROVE 100%
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:51:45 AM by grskywalker »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Maybe in March we would have Molino to give us some punch up front but we have to get some  more friendlies in before then

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Wrote this before the CR game. Turned out to be spot on.

"I wish the team the best of luck but some of the names on this roster and the ones left out have me wondering.

Was it a good choice to leave Mekeil Williams out who has played every minute of the Gold Cup and the last round of WC qualifiers and who is in the middle of MLS playoffs, to bring instead a newbie from W Connection which recently started at CB along with Cyrus in a 8-1 loss to Pumas? They conceded 12 goals in 2 games to Pumas.

Was it a good choice to leave out Winchester, albeit not scoring a ton, he has been a starter in a more competitive league than USL, not to mention USL has been off season for over a month and match fitness is lost within only 2 weeks tipically.

The only USL worthy player was the GK of Lousville in my opinion, because frankly the locals are very poor, and he wasn't called. He should probably be the starter. Perhaps Hodge is the strongest left foot left back, and Williams could have played on the right as he does for Colorado.

Do you think Plaza is in great form or the TT Pro league is very low level? See above Pumas dropping 12 on W Connection and playing most of their bench. Hard to argue against this point because he failed in El Salvador just few months ago and recently failed a trial in Lebanon.

Should SH insist with Bakr at CB when he plays in Estonia (a semi pro league) or Mitchell who plays in Korea Division 2. Perhaps Marshall plays week in and out vs better competition in Mexico? Not to mention Ascenso MX has starters on both Honduras and Panama national teams or even players like Joe Corona in the USA national team pool.

Do you think a player in England's 5th division should start in the Hexagonal?

What makes Molino's incident so different than tons of other players. Was it worth suspending him for 2 crucial games?

My proposed line up for game 3-4 after collecting 1 point in the next two games (I hope I am wrong but I fear 1 point is optimistic). The key for me is get the guys with the best technical/possession abilities on the field and most importantly those playing in the more competitive leagues. To this point, recently I was reading that Nicaragua's coach Duarte has not been calling Chavarria widely considered the best player of Nicaragua due to the poor choice he made in leaving Real Esteli which every year wins the league and qualifies for Concacaf CL, to go play in Spain Tercera Division. Another example is Giovinco completely snobbed by Ventura because the MLS is not competitive enough.

Ranjitsingh

Williams   Marshall    Bateau   Hodge (Aubrey)

Hyland                   

Cato (Levi)        Jomal           Joevin

Molino               

Kenwyne

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe we need a Latin Coach preferably one from Argentina. Costa Rica destroyed the USA yesterday with quick passing and players movement off the ball. When they attack with speed players found themselves in spaces to receive the ball - three four and five players. It could be our players problem is the fitness level. Hart allude to it and physicality. The good news is that we have time to address some of the glaring problems. My honest impression is that we need new players and some foreign recruitment .  Has this Coach lost the dressing room ? :

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Can't afford an expensive coach with pedigree from Argentina.

Need a good coach that connects with the players and can be respected in the locker room.

My best bet is Paulo Wanchope for these reasons:

1. Costa Rica currently is the Giant and he was an important part of the movement as he was the assistant during WC 2014 and then interim head coach until Ramirez was hired
2. Knows Concacaf well and what it takes to get points
3. Speaks English and can connect with the players culturally/ethnically
4. May be able to recruit more players in England since he was a standout player there and knows everyone
5. Has done extremely well calling the shots as Technical Director at Saprissa and because of it knows Aubrey David

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When you are away from home or even home, and goals are scored we are dropping our heads. We need to fight.”

I've been calling for a sports psychologist repeatedly for this team. If we are seeing the deficiencies and not actively trying to address the problems then que sera sera.

Either we love waiting until the last minute or this is too advanced for us but when players are mentally prepared their performances are improved.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Another blow as Trinidad and Tobago falls 1-3 to Honduras in San Pedro Sula
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 04:56:17 PM »
Hart sub the best player of the night (Caesar) for Plaza.

Plaza and Kenwyne can't create and depends on service and Hyland and Joevin had poor nights so how you expect us to score?

Then Marshall is was better than Cyrus.

We keep using most of the same players all the time.

Trinidad best passer of the ball is Boucaud and he didn't play.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »
Hart sub the best player of the night (Caesar) for Plaza.
Based on?

Plaza and Kenwyne can't create and depends on service and Hyland and Joevin had poor nights so how you expect us to score?
From a set piece like Mitchell did?

Then Marshall is was better than Cyrus.
You EVER see Marshall play wing back?

We keep using most of the same players all the time.
Maybe because they're the best we have available?

Trinidad best passer of the ball is Boucaud and he didn't play.
Perhaps he didn't play because Kevan George is currently playing better?

I wonder if Boucaud had played and we lost, if you would have speculated why a player playing in the 5th division in English football playing for T&T?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:04:48 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 06:19:03 PM »
I like Boucaud's composure and maturity in high pressure situations. He is also a leader on the field.

I think the challenge with him is that he fades drastically after around 60 minutes. You put the coach in a tough position when you become an automatic substitution candidate every game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 07:18:28 AM »
Kenwyne also can't play pass 60 mins. Same for Cyrus, Hyland and Cato

Palos, no comparisons between George and Boucaud, two different players. George was preferred because Hart wanted some stability in midfield to help his defence as well, he knew Honduras would have come hard because they couldn't afford to drop 2 home games.

I hope Hart reaches out to the FA and get some games before our next set of important games even if we use some more local players.

Don't be like Latapy and refuse games and then use important games for experiment.

Good luck Hart, you're the man,

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Williams was out for seven minutes
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:40 AM »
Williams was out for seven minutes
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams was unconscious for seven minutes and rushed to a medical institution in San Pedro Sula after being injured six minutes into Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualifier, which was won 3-1 by hosts Honduras on Tuesday night.

Williams was knocked out after running into Alberth Elis after making a brave save at the striker's feet. Rushed to hospital, a subsequent CAT scan showed no bleeding on Williams' brain. He was replaced in goal by substitute Marvin Phillip.

Williams, 32, could recall nothing about the game except getting the blow, but was soon stabilised and regained his bearing. He was kept for further observation at the nursing home as a precaution, while team physician Dr Terrence Babwah was also monitoring his condition. The team was scheduled to leave Honduras today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Wish Jan well! Stay away from TV etc.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »
Some observations on the game.

KJ and Cyrus are wasting time in their respective positions.

Maybe KJ can play def. mid with Bostick (sp) and Hyland can play CB alongside Bateau.

We need men who can harass a defence and thus take pressure off our own defenders. JJ, Kato and Molino/Caesar should then start.

I pray Glen finds his form again because he gives us depth.
To be honest Kato doesn't cross very well but how many in TT seem to.
With the exception of Bateau, none of the defenders inspire confidence in me but SH is working with the best he has.

There are those here that think George playign well, I will take your word for it. The last two games he played I couldn't identify the numbers on the TV and withthe commentary in Spanish I wasn't hearing his name. But if he is playing well, good.

Hopefully the games in January will be a good warm up for the qualifiers. I wonder if the the foreign based will be released for those games even if it is a FIFA date.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
There are those here that think George playign well, I will take your word for it. The last two games he played I couldn't identify the numbers on the TV and withthe commentary in Spanish I wasn't hearing his name. But if he is playing well, good.

VB

you can't appreciate what george does because a lot off the times you really won't see it  on TV, he is closest thing we have to a scrapper in midfield, what he lacks though is passing range so players having to get into good positions either to get a SIMPLE pass or pick up the pieces once he toe pokes the ball loose is vitally important..........he was voted players choice for most valuable or something in one the good gold cup run we had......yuh did see or notice him there either..yes?

What has left us is the hustle and movement that we used to great effect in those gold cups........now we seem to only be relying on "blind" speed down the flanks, which is odd since we look much more likely to score when the front 4 bounce passes off of each other and create space.....our wingers are now holding on to the ball waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo looong and not "measuring" their runs well, so KJ and d "10" arriving too late......

add: Joevin is not a traditional 10, and didn't cope well in dat role, but a good idea might be to allow him to push in more central at times or give him a more free role....but he needs to release the ball a hell of a lot more and slow things down when he hits a wall....in fact all d wingers need to slow it down a bit when dey running into trouble
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:25:37 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »
We at least need to have a 2 week camp before the games in January. The locals and MLS players will be available and that's more than half of our team.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 02:04:11 PM »
Hart promises change after two defeats
Published:
Thursday, November 17, 2016

WALTER ALIBEY

National coach Stephen Hart has assured that major changes will be coming, following his team’s disappointing 1-3 defeat by Honduras in San Pedro Sula on Tuesday night, a result that has placed his team second from bottom without a point in two matches in the Final Round of the World Cup Qualifiers.

Hart in his post match comments, said he was not pleased with his team’s level of commitment and maybe fitness levels, as players failed to close-up spaces quickly enough while in transition and laboured to get back into defensive positions after mounting attacks. “And when we do attack, we were leaving people in isolation. Our filling of spaces, both offensively and defensively, we have to put way more effort into it.”

Hart has been at the centre of national criticisms after his team went down to Costa Rica 0-2 last week Friday and faces calls for him to immediately improve his team’s performances for the country to have a chance of playing on the biggest football stage in Russia 2018.

The changes, he said will come before the team’s next encounter in March against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, adding: “Within these changes, a number of players will be at home and hopefully we can address some of the physical issues.”

In assessing the game Hart said “We gave up two early goals and allowed them to get on top of us. I thought both goals were preventable. We were just physically man-handled today and I am not pleased with the level of commitment, maybe it’s the level of fitness, I would have to see the game again.”

Quizzed on the declining performances of the team that saw the T&T men defeat Panama and Guatemala 2-1 in the earlier qualifying round, as well as an impressive display that earned them a 4-4 draw with Concacaf giants Mexico at the Gold Cup in September, Hart said ”A lot of it has to do with the physical make up of the players. But even in possession we are not playing with enough triangulation and we are not simply playing fast enough. A lot of players are not willing to run.”

“When you are away from home or even at home and goals are scored we are dropping our heads and pointing our fingers. We need to fight.”

According to the coach “Against Honduras today, it looked like men playing boys, they were first to the ball and even when we were in possession they were moving us aside, they were getting a foot in and they were covering each other very, very well.”

Hart lashed out at the players saying the mindset of some of the players lacked the fighting characteristics that you need. And he later painted a gloomy picture of his team’s chances, describing it as difficult, with just four players who have experience at playing at the hex stage.

“When a team lacks that, players who know what is required to make it happen, it becomes an uphill task” Hart said. He explained further his team has two home games in March in which to get six points and the Concacaf qualifying tournament in January which should serve them well.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »

VB

you can't appreciate what george does because a lot off the times you really won't see it  on TV, he is closest thing we have to a scrapper in midfield, what he lacks though is passing range so players having to get into good positions either to get a SIMPLE pass or pick up the pieces once he toe pokes the ball loose is vitally important..........he was voted players choice for most valuable or something in one the good gold cup run we had......yuh did see or notice him there either..yes?

What has left us is the hustle and movement that we used to great effect in those gold cups........now we seem to only be relying on "blind" speed down the flanks, which is odd since we look much more likely to score when the front 4 bounce passes off of each other and create space.....our wingers are now holding on to the ball waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooo looong and not "measuring" their runs well, so KJ and d "10" arriving too late......

add: Joevin is not a traditional 10, and didn't cope well in dat role, but a good idea might be to allow him to push in more central at times or give him a more free role....but he needs to release the ball a hell of a lot more and slow things down when he hits a wall....in fact all d wingers need to slow it down a bit when dey running into trouble

Actually, noticed him in the GC and he seemed non existent on the field. Was completely out of it vs Panama. But was just as invisible in the games before. I waited until the Panama game to make a comment back then.

He won an award at the GC???????
Invisible Man??

However, as I said in my Spanish commentary I do not hear his name called. As I can't make him out on the TV, if you guys are pumping him, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I went to youtube just to see his performance. I have a reasonable big TV and yet coudn't make out his number the resolution was grainy. I will keep looking for a better quality feed just to watch him.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »
Perez used say d same ting bout makelele

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 05:32:30 PM »
If you follow football and don't know George's role you may never understand it.  The coach is very has been very pleased with his play as it regards to his role of breaking up plays coming through the middle.  That doesn't just mean tackling after the pass but shutting down the lanes. 

It's the same reason most people don't understand KJ's value because the only time they see KJ is when when he is chasing 3 defenders to get the ball.  Then they like look look he not running.  Watch what KJ does off the ball in attack and you'll understand why they need to hurry up their plays to him. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »
If you follow football and don't know George's role you may never understand it.  The coach is very has been very pleased with his play as it regards to his role of breaking up plays coming through the middle.  That doesn't just mean tackling after the pass but shutting down the lanes

It's the same reason most people don't understand KJ's value because the only time they see KJ is when when he is chasing 3 defenders to get the ball.  Then they like look look he not running.  Watch what KJ does off the ball in attack and you'll understand why they need to hurry up their plays to him. 

That's why I trying hard to find a link where I can recognize his number and evaluate him.

He looked clueless in the GC.

However, from what I am hearing apparently he now has value. I am also aware that watching on TV and seeing the game live is a helluva difference.

I am glad if George proves me wrong.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 01:20:43 AM »
If you follow football and don't know George's role you may never understand it.  The coach is very has been very pleased with his play as it regards to his role of breaking up plays coming through the middle.  That doesn't just mean tackling after the pass but shutting down the lanes

That's why I trying hard to find a link where I can recognize his number and evaluate him.

However, from what I am hearing apparently he now has value. I am also aware that watching on TV and seeing the game live is a helluva difference.

It took me a time to appreciate him and to be honest I overlooked him in play until Hart mentioned him.  His numbers are up there for breaking up plays through our middle.  But as soon as I warmed up to him looking like Lord Kitchener I was cool.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »

VB, nah, George is a boss...

Even Flex point it out here a while ago.

Kevan George (DM) - The only player on the T&T's team with two first names. The iron-man that makes the players around him play with confidence and security. The best defensive midfielder to come along since Christopher Birchall and Reynold Carrington. George does most of the donkey work in midfield and when he's on the field, you'll never hear him cry, fall down or see him coming, however, one thing's for sure, you'll definitely feel his presence. With no comparison to Luis Suarez, the small framed midfielder packs a big bite.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=65110.msg946349#msg946349

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 03:28:57 PM »
Jamaica beat Honduras yesterday 1-0.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior