April 20, 2024, 03:03:11 AM

Author Topic: Great Teams < Winning Teams  (Read 813 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great Teams < Winning Teams
« on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »
We had something.  Even though it seems like that has changed now but, we had something.  I'm not a genius of the game but I try not to be to simple.  Hart once said, "I don't think the lads know how good they are."  Then they went out and over performed in GC.  Handling top teams.  We live in a day with great teams all over the world that getting 4 and 7 goals on the biggest stages.  You can pundit these games all you want but the truth of modern football is that a having a great team does not translate to a winning team.  Deal with it.  No one should be suggesting burning down your house because your lock sticking.
This is the closest we've had to a winning team in a long time.  Don't forget. 

I'm not sure if we can translate wins but all the games I've seen were containable.  I don't see a mystery with our side.  All the adjustments that need to be made can be.  We need a couple more dangerous players that can see the long game and not just boats rides.  Those two suspensions hurt us and it on the players.  Hart said it again, "We haven't achieved anything yet. Obviously that didn't get through."

We have a great team.   We might disagree on this but my basis is that we've proven that we can play and MANAGE top teams, control space, tempo and boss key parts of the field.  Defenders that could score with their heads etc.  When last we saw that consistently? 

One mindset that is hindering that transition to a winning team.  To many of our attacking players treat KJ like a second, third and forth option.   You got the best header of the ball in the Union.  Stop holding up the ball wide.  GET THE BALL IN.  AND MAKE IT GOOD.  Don't matter if he got 10 men on him.  It's very simple, when you break away play KJ.   Make a T-shirt if you need to...  "When I break away, play KJ" 
There is no use having an alternate to KJ if they feel they are KJ.  We have been a winning team.  We can make the transition again. 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:01:28 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Great Teams < Winning Teams
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »

One mindset that is hindering that transition to a winning team.  To many of our attacking players treat KJ like a second, third and forth option.   You got the best header of the ball in the Union.  Stop holding up the ball wide.  GET THE BALL IN.  AND MAKE IT GOOD.  Don't matter if he got 10 men on him.  It's very simple, when you break away play KJ.   Make a T-shirt if you need to...  "When I break away, play KJ" 
There is no use having an alternate to KJ if they feel they are KJ.  We have been a winning team.  We can make the transition again. 

Sorry but I have to ask..'When have we been a winning team? '

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Great Teams < Winning Teams
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 01:41:57 AM »
Well if you have to ask.   :) 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>