April 27, 2024, 11:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips kicks off the goalkeeping coaching course  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lincoln Phillips kicks off the goalkeeping coaching course
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
Lincoln Phillips kicks off the goalkeeping coaching course
All Sports Promotions

Goalkeeping instructors from teams of the National Youth League and the National Super League will receive the much anticipated TTFF Goalkeeping Coaching Diploma I course administered to them by All Sport Promotions from Wednesday 5th to Saturday 8th August at the King George V Park and the Queen’s Park Oval. Each day comprises of practical sessions on the field followed by classroom sessions in order to provide a holistic approach to the art of being a goalkeeping coach.

Mr. Lincoln Phillips, Technical Director for the TTFF and one of Trinidad and Tobago’s legendary goalkeepers, will be in attendance to kick off the program along with his understudy, Mr. Jefferson George, who will be facilitating most of the program. The course includes:

1. Role of the coach
2. Goalkeeping key factors
3. Goalkeeping identification
4. Energy system- Gk fitness
5. Shot stopping
6. Cross balls- Drills with out field players
7. 1v1 Duels
8. Distribution & Pass-backs
9. Session planning
10. Functional sessions (Team trains goalkeeper)

The programme is a continuation of education modules that has been an initiative of the ‘Win With Concacaf’ project and is collaboration with the TTFF. Participants of the course will be issued certificates on Saturday morning.

For more information please call All Sport at 628-9964/3760
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:06:34 PM by FF »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips kicks of the goalkeeping coaching course
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:06:32 PM »
meh pardner( and drummer) in this course
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA to host CONCACAF Goalkeeping Course
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 06:31:27 PM »
TTFA to host CONCACAF Goalkeeping Course
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is continuing  to embark on its efforts to improve and increase opportunities for coaching development by staging a CONCACAF advanced level goalkeeping course at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from November 20th to 22nd.

The course will be conducted by CONCACAF goalkeeping instructor Claine Plummer for up to thirty participants.

The carefully constructed program is set to provide classroom and field instruction, offering a thorough examination of the technical, tactical and analytical aspects of goalkeeping.

Some of the course’s many elements include video analysis, methodology, training session models, positioning, communication, crosses, distribution and set plays.

The California-based Plummer started his playing career in Costa Rica, before going on to play collegiate and professional football in the United States. Persons interested in participating in this course can contact the TTFA at 623-9500. Participation is subject to approval.

The TTFA will also commence an Instructors Coaching Course aimed at expanding its cadre of qualified instructors to run the Coaching License Program which has already been established in conjunction with the Dutch Royal Academy. The three-day course will be conducted by FIFA instructor Anton Corneal at the TTFA Offices, Hasely Crawford Stadium starting on Wednesday November 2nd. The coaches participating in this course are being developed to serve as instructors for future TTFA Licensed coaching courses.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
I want to say something but doing everything in my power to bite my tongue.
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:46:35 AM »
Leh me guess. The first you have heard of the course is reading it here?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:25:14 AM »
TTFA commences CONCACAF Goalkeeping Course.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president David John-Williams declared the CONCACAF Level II goalkeeping course opened at the VIP lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday morning.

CONCACAF goalkeeping instructor, former Costa Rican international Claine Plummer commenced proceedings for thirty six local participants which includes current national goalkeepers Jan-Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, former women’s national team goalkeeper Lisa Jo Ramkissoon, Clayton Ince, Ross Russell and Nigel Neverson among others from local Professional and semi-professional clubs and coaching schools. The course will run until Tuesday.

“We know right now in Trinidad and Tobago there is a shortage of goalkeepers for the future. Historically we have produced a number of goalkeepers for generations and I think it is important that the TTFA, this administration, addresses the problems we have with ‘keepers. I am happy to see some of the current ‘keepers being part of the course and thinking about life after football,” John-Williams stated.

“This is the first of many courses we will have. The next course will be scouting course to be conduced by UEFA which will be part of the youth development programme which will focus on how to scout players. That will be followed by another UEFA course which we will bring here. There are  exciting times ahead. There will be a lot of emphasis on coach education by this administration,” added John-Williams as he made reference to the success attained by Iceland which has over 600 qualified coaches with a population of just over 400,000.

So far this year the TTFA has conducted various courses and workshops ranging in topics such as Club Licensing, FIFA solidarity and training compensation, Elite Referees RAP course, C license coaching and a coaching instructors course conducted a few weeks ago.

Plummer said he was pleased to be part of the TTFA’s development initiatives.

“We are here because there is a growing interest, a concern, but also a love for the position of the game,” Plummer said.

“I want to thank the TTFA for inviting CONCACAF and myself here to share our knowledge.”

“The message that I bring here is one that hopefully we could use to touch a nerve in the lives of each of us here and to be open, to look at a different perspective in the way I have been taught and how I will share the message of CONCACAF of how to train, approach, identify and scout goalkeepers,” Plummer said.

“Goalkeeping is very complex and detailed oriented.It is a position that is very lonely, that has a lot of pressure and brings a lot of spotlight to you as a player and a lot of responsibility.”

The carefully constructed program will provide classroom and field instruction, offering a thorough examination of the technical, tactical and analytical aspects of goalkeeping.

Some of the course’s many elements include video analysis, methodology, training session models, positioning, communication, crosses, distribution and set plays.

Course Participants: Ravi Lutchman, Jason Sheppard, Brian James, Quincy Jones, Robert De Gale, Cullum Marshall, Lisa-Jo Ramkisson, Trevor Nottingham, Preston Julien Remy, Cleon Keston John, Anthony Creece, Joseph George, Glennon Foncette, Jan-Michael Williams, Curtis Darbasie, Bernard Burke, Kevin Graham, Darlon Dillon Prince, Adana Humes, Atiba Alves, David Wiltshire, Clayton Ince, Ross Russell, Aquelius Sylvester, Joshua Lamb, Donnie Jr. Stanley, Benyam Astorga, Anton Joseph, Sheldon Wheeler, Akel Baig, Justin De Freitas, Steve Frederick, Michael Alfonso, Declan Squires and Nigel Neverson.

Photo at top shows the course participants along with TTFA President David John-Williams, CONCACAF instructor Claine Plummer and TTFA Technical Director Muhammad Isa.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:16 AM »
I see Azzurri get in.

Also my long time pardner Skippy. Good luck on the course guys
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 01:15:26 PM »
Unfortunately only one woman on the course, but that is consistent across the board.

Needed course. Kudos to those who made it happen.

Was there a Level I?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VGPRcOetS2E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VGPRcOetS2E</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips kicks off the goalkeeping coaching course
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 08:40:11 AM »
DJW: "I am impressed with his English." ;D

Really? The guy is a university graduate of an English-speaking institution and has English-speaking forebears. Not to mention CONCACAF sent him to deliver an English-speaking course to an English-speaking audience PRECISELY because language is not at issue for him.

Better left unsaid?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 09:24:43 AM »
Does it allude to a lack of interest and willingness to get familiarized with guests of the TTFA?

Lack of respect? Anybody concerned about how people presenting theyself? May not be a big deal for some

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »
FF, you mentioned Skippy. Is that Peter Mitchell you are talking about.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 10:37:55 AM »
Does it allude to a lack of interest and willingness to get familiarized with guests of the TTFA?

Lack of respect? Anybody concerned about how people presenting theyself? May not be a big deal for some

People so fraid ah de man, not one a dem coulda say "fix yuh collar"? Nonetheless, if Philippe Moggio was coming he would have worn a suit.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »

Really? The guy is a university graduate of an English-speaking institution and has English-speaking forebears. Not to mention CONCACAF sent him to deliver an English-speaking course to an English-speaking audience PRECISELY because language is not at issue for him.

Better left unsaid?
Claine Plummer was very professional in the way he presented himself as the instructor, if I didn't know better from the looks of things I might've thought he was the President and the President was the coaching instructor ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »

Better left unsaid?
Claine Plummer was very professional in the way he presented himself as the instructor, if I didn't know better from the looks of things I might've thought he was the President and the President was the coaching instructor ;D

Nah. Plummer would be the president, Isa the coaching instructor, and DJW, the MC ... or a polite intruder like the fake sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's funeral. Buh even that fella was impeccably attired. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:15:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 11:18:26 AM »
Congrats to the guys and one lady. It hard to stomach that only one lady could attend this course. We could do better.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »
FF, you mentioned Skippy. Is that Peter Mitchell you are talking about.

Nah. Me ent so old  ;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »
DJW look like the groundsman. Sorry to say

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »
I see Azzurri get in.

Also my long time pardner Skippy. Good luck on the course guys

FF
good to see ya still around. i hearing good tings from on your side

the course was a great experience.
Open forum. Great feedback from experienced former and present players as well as experienced GK coaches in the goalkeeping community.
Claine was professional and open minded to different viewpoints and critique even. Glad to see this course was finally put on after it was cancelled last year just before it was held.
And one correction, there were 2 females on the course (not that it's a huge difference) but I agree with the comment, more female involvement should be encouraged.
Hopefully we'll see that at future courses coming up next year as the President stated.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:22 AM »
Pardna, tell us de story of how yuh make de guest list on this course. Ah happy fuh yuh, as it marks progress from your prior frustrations ... HOWEVER, ah gather that the dissemination of info regarding the course didn't even touch some clubs in the top flight.

No justice, no peace.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:47:29 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
Pardna, tell us de story of how yuh make de guest list on this course. Ah happy fuh yuh, as it marks progress from your prior frustrations ... HOWEVER, ah gather that the dissemination of info regarding the course didn't even touch some clubs in the top flight.

No justice, no peace.

Asylum
It was in the papers a couple weeks before the actual start of the course

Also, I was supposed to be part of the course the first time it was put on.
It was promptly cancelled the day before it was to begin due to the drama surrounding the charges on JW and his crew.
Since that cancellation, I've been trying to keep in contact with ttfa concerning courses coming up since it was said that these courses were coming up "sooner or later"

Not sure how it didnt make the rounds to the Pro clubs.
I heard through the grapevine, that people who tried to get on the course the week before it began, they were put on hold and told that
they were leaving spaces for PFL and Super league coaches/players first.
If those spots weren't taken up, they would bring in those listed that were interested.

Sadly enough, there were some players and coaches who were to attend but never showed. Not sure for what reasoning, i'd like to think work committments had something to do with it.

There were some current players and coaches from pfl teams there though as you saw

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 07:31:08 PM »
With all that said,

More of these courses are needed.
And i think the idea of ONLY putting it out to invitees is a bad one.
Some of those ppl are not even interested for whatever reason and the public who truly wants it, gets left out.

Look at the USSF and NSCAA, they offer courses year round.
I've done some of these courses and it's an invaluable experience.
And i can safely assume it is a good money-maker for the association putting on these courses throughout the year for the public

We struggle wayyyyyy too much to have these courses offered here, I was glad to be part of it and hear there are more to come.
Those who are interested need to also show that interest and be proactive

It can only benefit their knowledge base as well as improve the overall quality from grassroots to pro level in the country.
Also, to just touch on grassroots, one of Claine Plummer's first discussions was the importance of grassroots soccer and improving the quality of youth players and those youth coaches at that level.
There were a few of those present from that level and others from super league and other acadamies .

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »
Also Asylum

(and no, i eh being defensive here btw lol)
Just sharing my experience.

One of the first quesitons they asked is what qualifications and experience and what level i am or did play recently.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 10:07:52 PM »

People so fraid ah de man, not one a dem coulda say "fix yuh collar"? Nonetheless, if Philippe Moggio was coming he would have worn a suit.

I wanted to make mention of the attire eh, but I say let me leave it alone.

Not even a suit. A TTFA (Soca Warriors) Polo tucked in or fitted correctly would have sufficed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »

I wanted to make mention of the attire eh, but I say let me leave it alone.

Not even a suit. A TTFA (Soca Warriors) Polo tucked in or fitted correctly would have sufficed.

Not me nah, they eh go tie me up to get no high blood or nutten from no stress with they shenanigans nah!

I stay seeking levity...and this right here is hilariousl!! Somebody say the man look like the grounds man yes!!!

Seriously though, how hard it is to tell somebody, "hear nah boss, fix yuh collar nah." Unless yuh really fraid him or want him to look sloppy for spite??

And nah he couldn't pull off that tucked in polo:) Seriously though, how you going and present yuhself to the public looking so Jed??? Grab a cheap dress shirt and ah sport coat nah man and look like something nah! Also like he eh ha nobody to ask him, "dais whuh you wearing", again unless they want him to look stupid??

So keep the humor coming allyuh...smfh!

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>