June 06, 2024, 01:13:03 PM

Author Topic: Hutson Charles, William Wallace resign  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hutson Charles, William Wallace resign
« on: November 27, 2016, 06:15:38 AM »
Hutson Charles, William Wallace resign
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

The staff of the T&T senior national football team, inclusive of assistant coach Hutson Charles and manager William Wallace have now resigned.

Following in the wake of the sacking of national coach Stephen Hart on Thursday both men submitted their resignation letters on Friday night to T&T Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams and it is understood the other assistant coach Derek King will be tendering his resignation in the coming days.

When contacted by the Sunday Guardian Charles confirmed his resignation and said he took the decision to resign because it was the proper and ethical thing to do since Hart was the person who hired him.

Yesterday, at the T&TFA’s Annual General Meeting of the General Council, at Naparima College in San Fernando, the sacking of Hart was approved, and a decision was taken to appoint an interim coach from T&T as his replacement in the short term basis.

A close source of the TTFA told the Sunday Guardian that the names of Former T&T World Cup captain Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Stuart Charles-Fevrier, the coach of W Connection and Terry Fenwick of the Football Factory Academy, have been coming off the lips of many members of the general council, as Hart’s successor.

This coach, it is understood, will take over the team for the next few games and the performances of the T&T team will determine whether the TTFA will go in search of a permanent coach to take the team to the World Cup and beyond. The TTFA will seek a permanent coach who will come from abroad.

Also coming out of yesterday’s meeting was a decision by the council to appoint Richard Piper, the All Sport Promotions football administrator, as the new manager of the T&T team.

The TTFA is expected to make an official announcement on this tomorrow.

Concerning the resignation of Charles, the former Strike Squad midfielder said he felt compelled to resign as there were circulating rumours that he and King were to be fired on December 1st by the TTFA.

He said he’s aware that concerns were raised by the TTFA president about their competence as assistants coaches. The President had also made it clear he wanted Latapy and Reynold Carrington to be Hart’s assistants.

“It was only because Latapy turned down the job to coach the T&T Under-17s that we were able to keep our jobs” Charles said.

He added, “The president kept on questioning Hart on whether we were good enough, and although Hart responded in the affirmative every time, he still kept on enquiring about our ability,” Charles explained.

Charles said the TTFA is to blame for the poor performances of the team to date, pointing that: “There were senior officials who kept calling players after every training session and questioning them about the sessions, looking for ways to dismiss the coach.

Hart was never in a comfortable place to do his work as there were always concerns.

“The TTFA placed too much pressure on the coach, who I still think is the man to carry the country to the World Cup.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hutson Charles, William Wallace resign
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:30:29 AM »
Wth did I just read here? Are these administrators so grossly incompetent and vindictive? This is a f***ing joke!!!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 07:02:08 AM »
These fkrs not serious about Russia2018. Hire a coach to see how they perform and then if theybeh performing...bring in ah foreign coach?? Nah sah...our players just versatile and bad like that...they cld properly adapt in the flip of a coin?? DJW is ah jokeee
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:09:20 AM »
well well well.......... and de beat goes on

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:19:13 AM »
Warner and Tim Kee are saints compared to these charlatans!!

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 07:23:54 AM »
Latapy and Yorke complaining of racism in Europe where they can't get an interview for club coaching jobs,  looks like they will be getting National Senior level jobs

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »
Doh hot up all yuh heart, dis worse Dan a real bad tabanca if yuh allow dat. As trinbagonian die hards on dis board will always support, jus avoid fallin in love, yuh leavin yuh heart in de hands on incompetence and vindictiveness...keep your heart in check since the powers that be have no heart - no pun intended
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 08:33:32 AM »
Sports minister please get involved. Some sh*t going on in the TTFA.

These resignations are pre cursors.. I guarantee some players will resign soon.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:36:20 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »
Sports minister please get involved. Some sh*t going on in the TTFA.

These resignations are pre cursors.. I guarantee some players will resign soon.

A call for governmental interference? Dahis the last thing needed.

The TTFA has arrived at a decision. There are consequences to that decision that the association will have to work through, but that is par for the course.

I don't see players derailing their personal WC ambitions based on what has happened. Nor should they.

In any event, many of the players are aware of the king and the kingmakers they face.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:55:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
Is it irony or what when as soon as this DJW man took over the team went flat and started losing. It was haiti then the string of loses in South America, for that matter the only game we won with him in charge was against st vinvent.

this man is a carbon copy of jack warner. I remember people calling for timkees head, now I know you all which that you had Raymond timkee back don't you?

This here is a very up setting revelation. Imagine firing a coach with no replacement and in the mids of qualifying,what utter jokers these idiots are.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:21:05 AM »
This is all getting depressing now. All the wheels have fallen off...I'll support these players 110%, but for these idiots in the TTFA, they can all burn in hell.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 10:23:24 AM »
Sam was right all along. I saw stewart Charles fevere's name on that list for coach a man that never got passed the final round is CCL in the umpteen years he's been head coach of WC. I used to think that Sam was joking when he insinuated that fevere would soon take over for hart, now here it is big and bold in our faces and I can't believe my eyes.

Dexter Skeene I am very disappointed with you right now for being a part of this lynch mob. I'd rather see David nakid than anyone of these clowns latapy and yorke included. take a bow Sam you were on point.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:25:34 AM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Like I've been saying from the beginning, when men doubted me on here, David was inserted to sabotage our World Cup campaign by external powers... people thought I was crazy, like I said, davids role was to disrupt our chemistry and hence the losing began...

He achieved his goal.. because the locals are too naive and stupid to see he was sent there to ruin our campaign

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »
Like I've been saying from the beginning, when men doubted me on here, David was inserted to sabotage our World Cup campaign by external powers... people thought I was crazy, like I said, davids role was to disrupt our chemistry and hence the losing began...

He achieved his goal.. because the locals are too naive and stupid to see he was sent there to ruin our campaign
dont pat yourself on the back too long neither toot your horn too loud because you and another member who called Raymond timkee uncle tim was the biggest opponents of a very honest federation president. Not only did you oppose him at every end, you was hoping that he lost the election. Now you got what you ask for so live with it.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
Dis man got rid of Waldrum and Hart in one year. Look how our women's program collapsed after that, now we talking about bringing an interim coach??? You can't hire an interim in the midst of the HEX when we have everything to play for. I won't even comment on the names I just read.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »

dont pat yourself on the back too long neither toot your horn too loud because you and another member who called Raymond timkee uncle tim was the biggest opponents of a very honest federation president. Not only did you oppose him at every end, you was hoping that he lost the election. Now you got what you ask for so live with it.

Just becasue tim kee was better didn't mean he was the right man, because he wasn't either.. so you don't talk rubbish..

We had other choices and they choose the most corrupt man because these people locally like Bobol

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
Non starter with vibes connection coach...
Tell me if  I am correct...he was asked to rep while playing with ASL back in the day and he declined,we were not worthy then and now
That would be improper as he is the coach of the joker's team
What has he done recently to merit being H C

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »
Charles said the TTFA is to blame for the poor performances of the team to date, pointing that: “There were senior officials who kept calling players after every training session and questioning them about the sessions, looking for ways to dismiss the coach.
Never a dull moment with our admin

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 03:47:25 PM »
the one thing that is guaranteed with any of these coaches is a last place finish in the hex

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
Didn't he chase the coach to conversate with the players about the three game series...where players said hell no

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
Didn't he chase the coach to conversate with the players about the three game series...where players said hell no
He sure did

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »
Nothing but under the table and back door ism
We like doing things the hard way
Tim Kee had his issues but business on the field went much better...well you always miss the water when the well runs dry

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »
He said it's only coincidence that the standard of play went south once he took over leadership
Man that's a serious indictment on his style of leadership....tells he is a ruler rather than a leader

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
Non starter with vibes connection coach...
Tell me if  I am correct...he was asked to rep while playing with ASL back in the day and he declined,we were not worthy then and now
That would be improper as he is the coach of the joker's team
What has he done recently to merit being H C

SJAHRAIN

The Head Coach of the TnT U20's is Brian Williams, who is also the WC U16 Head Coach.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2016, 04:18:52 PM »
I am referring to Stuart Charles bud

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »
When DJW ran for CFU leadership he stopped his hand...that it was about him and not us

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 08:12:41 PM »
I am referring to Stuart Charles bud

SJAHRAIN

I know you talking about SCF, that is my point if DJW hiring his WC U16 Coach to try to take the U20's to the World Cup why do you think he won't hire SCF on an interim basis at no cost similar to how Brian Williams not taking a salary for U20's

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hutson Charles, Derek King and manager Wallace quit national team.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
By Ian Prescott (Express).

FOOTBALL TURMOIL

THE remaining members of the coaching and managerial staff of the Trinidad and Tobago senior national team have quit in light of the imperious dismissal of Stephen Hart by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and its Board of Directors.

Having worked with Hart for three years, assistant coaches Hutson Charles, Derek King and proficient manager Williams Wallace have handed in resignation letters to the TTFA. The trio leave the job, like Hart, still being owed money by the Football Association.

“Myself, manage (Wallace) and Derek King (resigned). Of course, the doc (Terrence Babwah) and the physio (Dave Issac) had resigned before,” assistant-coach Hutson Charles confirmed yesterday. “I sent in mine last Friday.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
By Ian Prescott (Express).

FOOTBALL TURMOIL

THE remaining members of the coaching and managerial staff of the Trinidad and Tobago senior national team have quit in light of the imperious dismissal of Stephen Hart by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and its Board of Directors.

Having worked with Hart for three years, assistant coaches Hutson Charles, Derek King and proficient manager Williams Wallace have handed in resignation letters to the TTFA. The trio leave the job, like Hart, still being owed money by the Football Association.

“Myself, manage (Wallace) and Derek King (resigned). Of course, the doc (Terrence Babwah) and the physio (Dave Issac) had resigned before,” assistant-coach Hutson Charles confirmed yesterday. “I sent in mine last Friday.”

So it looks like the new managerial staff will be coming from DJW's favorite rum shop. Just lovely

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2016, 04:30:39 PM »
While I admire their integrity in resigning they should not have done so. Should have stayed so they can get the full amount of their contracts.

1]; } ?>