March 28, 2024, 12:36:03 PM

Author Topic: Tom Saintfiet Thread  (Read 48644 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA set to appoint obscure Belgian; ex-Bangladesh coach
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2016, 09:31:42 AM »
Jamaal Shabazz. Head coordinator of TTFA affairs

Carolina Morace. Head coach of Snr Womens team

I like this appointment. Hope it works out.

But what the hell is that position that Shabazz just get?
What exactly does that position entail?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:39:56 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
This is such an insult to Stephen Hart
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:39:59 AM by congo »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 09:43:42 AM »

Isn't he the head coach of Guyana?  ???
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »

Isn't he the head coach of Guyana?  ???

No.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2016, 09:52:51 AM »

Carolina Morace. Head coach of Snr Womens team

I like this appointment. Hope it works out.

But what the hell is that position that Shabazz just get?
What exactly does that position entail?

Coordinator of TTFA Programmes.

It means he will actually be doing someone else's job but that particular someone else is effectively clueless that that is the case or effectively innoculated from doing anything about it.

Decision pre-dates MNT technical staff change.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:57:00 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
Shabazz, fevrier and David john running the team with this figurehead there... these men should be run out of our country for destroying our wc chances and firing a great coach..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
Wow. DJW introduced the man by saying if he don't get the job done on March 24th and 28th he will be looking for a next job

With respect to this comment, I think it might be fair to speculate Saintfiet is on possibly a very short term contract. Perhaps one that was uniquely appealing to a journeyman manager such as himself.

What is the long term plan of the TTFA beyond March? Who is lined up after that because clearly DJW's mind is already on the possibilities of failure. What will be the mandate of the next man to lead our flagship team at that point?

Gold Cup possibly would be on the horizon. Just some things to think about.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2016, 10:28:57 AM »
Wow. DJW introduced the man by saying if he don't get the job done on March 24th and 28th he will be looking for a next job

With respect to this comment, I think it might be fair to speculate Saintfiet is on possibly a very short term contract. Perhaps one that was uniquely appealing to a journeyman manager such as himself.

What is the long term plan of the TTFA beyond March? Who is lined up after that because clearly DJW's mind is already on the possibilities of failure. What will be the mandate of the next man to lead our flagship team at that point?

Gold Cup possibly would be on the horizon. Just some things to think about.

Gun talk!

This is all about saving money (and IMO incredibly shortsighted). Fits in with DJW's earlier statements about hiring a coach for a couple of games to see how he does before making a longer term decision. So if he doesn't get the results after the next two games in the Hex, he will be fired and replaced with an even cheaper (probably local, and maybe even SCF) option. Also, it sounds like he was either the cheapest option available and/or the only one willing to work under those restrictions and DJW is making sure he knows who's the boss by putting him on notice immediately and publicly.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »
would love to see what his 1st session is like and how the players react in the sessions

Hopefully the media officers can get down on the ground with some good full length footage (minus the music---let us hear the vibe n sounds of the sessions)

interesting women's head coach pick btw

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2016, 11:07:23 AM »
did DJW give the reasons for this pick as most associations do in there press conference?  I know we normally outside de most.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »
Carolina resigned from the canadian national team in 2011

"Unexpectedly, she formally announced her resignation as the coach of the Canadian national women's team on Friday 22 July 2011 due to future budget disputes"

Oh boi...hopefully the past is the past and we can expect greater things from the women's program (fingers crossed)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:25:28 AM by Peong »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
Carolina resigned from the canadian national team in 2011

"Unexpectedly, she formally announced her resignation as the coach of the Canadian national women's team on Friday 22 July 2011 due to future budget disputes"

Oh boi...hopefully the past is the past and we can expect greater things from the women's program (fingers crossed)

LOL!  She must be have some iron clad T&C's in her contract...otherwise....why would she take a job with the TTFA?

Look how long Pellerud take to get his $$.  She MUST be aware of de assholery dat does pass for football administration in T&T
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
Some employment history.
http://www.transfermarkt.com/tom-saintfiet/profil/trainer/2399

His best result was two draws against Nigeria... nothing special to talk about..

It just goes to show, TT football should be run by ex pats, not locally... too much corruption and undermining

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
Never seen a coach introduced in that manner before. He's clearly letting him who's boss.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:39 PM »
DJW say the man wasn't we first choice but he affordable.

He claimed Phillipe Troussier was the first choice but cost too much

Well at least he is being "honest" about why he picked the Belgian.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:17 PM »
DJW say the man wasn't we first choice but he affordable.

He claimed Phillipe Troussier was the first choice but cost too much

Well at least he is being "honest" about why he picked the Belgian.

Anything to back yuh Prezi eh?

I respect your loyalty  :)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:44 PM »
Some employment history.

His best result was two draws against Nigeria... nothing special to talk about..

It just goes to show, TT football should be run by ex pats, not locally... too much corruption and undermining

"TT football should be run by expats, not locally".

Contro, I eh bullshitting you, I feel your pain. But how is that possible. And it don't make sense. Why not a mixture of expats and locals.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Some employment history.

"TT football should be run by expats, not locally".

Contro, I eh bullshitting you, I feel your pain. But how is that possible. And it don't make sense. Why not a mixture of expats and locals.

Because locals have failed and continue to fail, they get a boss coach who is a son of the soil and fire him for a nobody who has nothing to show....

And trust me there are ways, hence the reason David John has now given me a reason to study the constitution in great detail again..

If you support David as Palos just said, you should be ashamed of yourself ... you are indeed a wolf in sheeps clothing on this board and I thought you were one of the good ones...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:19:15 PM by Controversial »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
well well well ( To quote the great Sir Ruskin Mark )

wha ah go do ??...ah love meh TnT football teams...so ..welcome Mr Tom Santfiet ...do your best...good luck...

you just never know...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
Never seen a coach introduced in that manner before. He's clearly letting him who's boss.

If the job isn't done on those dates, or campaign over anyway
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
Saintfiet and Morace appointed Head Coaches of T&T Men and Women Senior Teams.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is today pleased to announce two major appointments for its Men and Women Senior National Teams.

The TTFA welcomes to the organisation, Ms. Carolina Morace who has been appointed as Head Coach for our Women’s National Senior Team and Director of Women’s Football and Mr. Tom Saintfiet who will take up the position of Head Coach of our Men’s National Senior Team.

These and other announcements were made at a Press Conference hosted by TTFA at the Courtyard Marriott in Port of Spain.

Morace, age 52, served as  Head Coach of Canada’s Senior Women’s team from 2009-2011. She led Canada to winners row at the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup and qualification to the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup. She was also Head Coach of the Italian National Senior and Under 19 Women’s Team in 2000-2005. She became the first woman to ever coach a Men’s Professional Team – AS Viterbase of Italy in 1999.

Morace played for the Italy Senior Women’s Team between 1978-1997, scoring 105 goals in 153 appearances, making her debut at age 14. She set a record for both men and women, being the first and only player to score four goals in a single match at Wembley Stadium. She was also the first player to score a hattrick at a FIFA Women’s World Cup in 1991 and became the first woman to be inducted into the Italian Football Hall of Fame.

Morace holds a UEFA Pro License and is a FIFA Instructor. She is currently a FIFA World Ambassador for Women’s football and is also a lawyer and television football commentator.

Saintfiet, age 43, is from Belgium and was a player between 1983 and 1997 before going onto become the youngest manager (head coach) in Belgian Football at the age of 24. He is the former head coach of Finnish Premier League club RoPS Rovaniemi. At the international level for country, he is the former Head Coach of Namibia, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Yemen, Malawi, Togo and Bangladesh. He is also a former Technical Director of the Nigerian Football Association.

Saintfiet also coached the Qatar Under 17 Men’s Team to third place in the AFC Asian Championships and qualified Qatar for the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in 2004.

He holds a UEFA Pro License and has a Bachelor in Sports and Business Psychology. He speaks English, French, Dutch and German with basic knowledge of Arabic, Afrikaans, Faeroes and Spanish.

You can find more information about Saintfiet and Morace in the attached CVs.

There were other announcements made at the Press Conference today.  Justin Latapy-George was announced as the new General Secretary of the FA by President John-Williams who also disclosed that Jamaal Shabazz has taken up the position of Coordinator of Technical Programs and Technical Adviser for a three-year period. Further updates will continue be made on this website.

Videos

TTFA Appoints Tom Saintfiet as Senior Men's Team Head Coach

TTFA announces Carolina Morace as new National Women's Team Head Coach

CV'S

Carolina Morace’s CV

Tom Saintfiet’s CV

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
Instructive that the women's appointment took precedence over the men's, even though the Men are heavily involved in the final stages of World Cup qualifying and the women in essence doing f**k all right now.

I wonder if Morace really know what she get herself into?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
One of the priorities was to hire coaches with the Pro Licence.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
One of the priorities was to hire coaches with the Pro Licence.

No the main priority is a puppet/figurehead that they can dictate to and control..

They couldn't control Hart, like I said, none of them getting a work in a G20, period..

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2016, 02:26:29 PM »
Contro....Is not just football the "locals" failing at. Is basically every aspect of life in Trinidad. Hence the need for "who you know" and "links" in order to get things in sweet tnt. All of that just to protect the mediocrity that everyone know that they encourage but happy to benefit from. Even Angostura failing and in bobol.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
One of the STATED/ALLEGED priorities was to hire coaches with the Pro Licence.

Fixed it fuh yuh.

Unless is really a case of yuh omit de "League" after de Pro  ;)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2016, 02:30:32 PM »
So yuh fire Hart who was building something for the last couple of years after poor results from two traditionally difficult teams and you hire a thing. A thing who last "coached" Bangladesh..Alluh sure trinis eh allergic to common sense? I honestly feel something in the water in this land not right. I does feel strange in trini inno but when I go away I does be ok. I feel is something in air.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
So yuh fire Hart who was building something for the last couple of years after poor results from two traditionally difficult teams and you hire a thing. A thing who last "coached" Bangladesh..Alluh sure trinis eh allergic to common sense? I honestly feel something in the water in this land not right. I does feel strange in trini inno but when I go away I does be ok. I feel is something in air.

Somebody "influential" hear TTFA was looking for a coach and trow een Saintfiet CV.  De man coach Bangladesh & Zimbabwe.

Nobody mention that is a cricket coach dey was gettin

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »
Contro....Is not just football the "locals" failing at. Is basically every aspect of life in Trinidad. Hence the need for "who you know" and "links" in order to get things in sweet tnt. All of that just to protect the mediocrity that everyone know that they encourage but happy to benefit from. Even Angostura failing and in bobol.

All i care about is football now brother.. to hell with the rest of things home, cricket is another rubbish situation, so I done watching that long time.. track and field going nowhere...

All that money the pnm have now and they running their bobol as well, that new gas find and you are not hearing a peep and football not getting any money to support it.. I'm glad because David john should get nothing but he could be pretending he getting nothing and in cahoots with the govt

I don't trust any of them... Hart come and start doing well, they start undermining him, strike almost happen, kerron get shot, let people stay there and feel things was just coincidence, that logic or lack thereof is for fools

1]; } ?>