March 28, 2024, 04:19:55 AM

Author Topic: Tom Saintfiet Thread  (Read 48619 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: TTFA set to appoint obscure Belgian; ex-Bangladesh coach
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2016, 12:06:16 PM »
David john also apppointed this man so people wouldn't question where he get the money for a big money hire..

I called him out before by saying he sabotage Hart and not paying the staff, players or coach .... if he had hired a bigger name he would be questioned and people would realize he was holding back to sabotage Hart and our campaign, so he hire a no name coach claiming no money and recession..

It's a big lie and they can't fool me with that reverse psychology... pull wool over someone else eyes David, I know you have the money and yuh sabotage Hart and our campaign..

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
Almost every coach encounters a spell where they will lose games, but it's up to the president and his advisers to evaluate and see if coach Hart plans has totally failed and if there is still hope they needed to give Hart the support to finish the job he has been working on for the pass 3 years.

A new coach with limited success of winning at this level, no experience of football in CONCACAF and no knowledge of our players and now asking the man to get results in such short time just shows the lack of knowledge and vision by the TTFA.

Over the past 3 years Hart who is very passionate about football in TT and a very good coach has given TT football hope but with his removal TT senior men's football can be moving downhill very fast.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »
Makes no sense ...Former coaches give a thumbs down to TTFA's choice for Head Coach
By Mark Pouchet (T&T Express)

“I don’t think this was the right decision and I think if we have to make a decision like that, it is better you spend more money on our young players and develop the young players and coaches. You can’t stop the team from trying to get into the World Cup, because that is everybody’s dream....but a local coach would have been a better choice. I don’t see the track record of this man, I don’t understand it ....I find it to be very disrespectful to T&T coaches, the players and the country because of the fact this is taxpayers’ (sic) money and you can’t be giving it away to every Tom, Dick and Harry. The TTFA technical committee have made their decision and they will have to live with it but if things don’t go right, they should all resign!”

I have been wondering for a while recently. So if is the Gov't paying the coach's salary (I remember Gary Hunt in particular hammering out that and (I think) should be set in stone now. Established. Is there a limit on the cost of the coach? Why then would there be rumors that Hart ent getting payed and is the Gov't paying salary? Anybody know the nitty gritty fats on arrangement (and if it change officially since the PNM come in)?

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »
With all that he has been done and said, I just want to ask forumites how they think the players should respond to this new appointment? Put yourself in their position and reading the discontent aired on this forum.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:33 PM »
Makes no sense ...Former coaches give a thumbs down to TTFA's choice for Head Coach

“I don’t think this was the right decision and I think if we have to make a decision like that, it is better you spend more money on our young players and develop the young players and coaches. You can’t stop the team from trying to get into the World Cup, because that is everybody’s dream....but a local coach would have been a better choice. I don’t see the track record of this man, I don’t understand it ....I find it to be very disrespectful to T&T coaches, the players and the country because of the fact this is taxpayers’ (sic) money and you can’t be giving it away to every Tom, Dick and Harry. The TTFA technical committee have made their decision and they will have to live with it but if things don’t go right, they should all resign!”

I have been wondering for a while recently. So if is the Gov't paying the coach's salary (I remember Gary Hunt in particular hammering out that and (I think) should be set in stone now. Established. Is there a limit on the cost of the coach? Why then would there be rumors that Hart ent getting payed and is the Gov't paying salary? Anybody know the nitty gritty fats on arrangement (and if it change officially since the PNM come in)?

Nothing hasn't changed... they still owe money to SH and they will pay this Guy as well, David hiding money and not revealing how much he has access to because if he does, it will be shown that he undermined hart and his staff with money and as a result of his corruption, the players strike almost happened and it created a wedge where we lost to Haiti..

David is at the center of it..

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2016, 12:54:15 PM »

Nothing hasn't changed... they still owe money to SH and they will pay this Guy as well, David hiding money and not revealing how much he has access to because if he does, it will be shown that he undermined hart and his staff with money and as a result of his corruption, the players strike almost happened and it created a wedge where we lost to Haiti..

So how do you think the players should react with this appointment?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
With all that he has been done and said, I just want to ask forumites how they think the players should respond to this new appointment? Put yourself in their position and reading the discontent aired on this forum.

Show up for practice.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »

Show up for practice.

Should they bother about the World Cup 2018 or just go through the motions and forget about it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
Saintfiet and Morace appointed Head Coaches of T&T Men and Women Senior Teams.
TTFA Media.

...the other two members of ABBA were reportedly unavailable for comment.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »

I answered this on another thread brother..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

It's a double edge sword... do they strike and wait for a regime change or go out and play...

If they go out and play they condone David underhanded tactics and by winning he looks brilliant, even more so if we make the big dance..

what David has done shouldn't go unpunished or he shouldn't get away with it.. but we also have a chance to go to the World Cup..it's up to the players really, we can speculate but it boils down to them, whatever they decide I support, if they lose I wouldn't be mad because I know what environment they are playing under and it's toxic with David john..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2016, 02:19:43 PM »

Show up for practice.

Should they bother about the World Cup 2018 or just go through the motions and forget about it?

Report for work, Thomo. Report for work.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »

Show up for practice.

Report for work, Thomo. Report for work.

LOL I guess I'll have to take that quip in good jest as I'm not too sure what you mean. I hope the players can be galvanised, knuckle down, do the business in the next couple of months because I really want them to go to the World Cup. I had to miss 2006 as my wife was due to give birth but I definitely will go to Russia 2018 to support if we qualify.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »
THIS IS HOW WE ARE VIEWED

New T&T coach gets job by default -- and supposedly why Klinsmann said no
by Paul Kennedy, December 8th, 2016 5:37PM

After the USA lost its first two games in the Hexagonal, U.S. Soccer fired Jurgen Klinsmann and hired old-hand Bruce Arena.

Say what you want about the merits of rehiring a coach who had been fired 10 years earlier, Arena is an accomplished coach, having had plenty of success since leaving the national team with three MLS titles at the LA Galaxy.

Trinidad & Tobago also lost its first two Hex games and fired its head coach, Stephen Hart. The T&T Football Association's replacement? Well, you'll probably never heard of Belgian Tom Saintfiet, and he wasn't even the TTFA's first choice, to boot.

The selection process began when the TTFA's technical committee came up with a short list of candidates for the job:

-- Saintfiet, who was coaching Bangladesh -- for all of three games (one tie and two losses) -- after almost a decade spent wandering around Africa;
-- Frenchman Philippe Troussier, who coached co-host Japan at the 2002 World Cup;
-- Colombian Luis Fernando Suarez, who coached Honduras at the 2014 World Cup; and
-- Colombian Eduardo Lara, El Salvador's U-20 national team coach.

It wasn't exactly an exhaustive search -- Wired868.com reported that the technical committee did its research via Google -- and its ranking the candidates -- Troussier, Saintfiet, Suarez and Lara -- was based on the working assumption -- never confirmed -- that Suarez and Lara did not speak English.

Troussier was the first choice but was too expensive for the notoriously cash-poor TTFA, leaving Saintfiet as the Soca Warriors' new head coach by default.

How long the Belgian has the job remains to be seen. At Saintfiet's introductory press conference, TTFA president David John-Williams said he was going to give the new coach two games to turn the Soca Warriors around.

“I will also tell you this," said John-Williams, "if he doesn’t get the job done on the 24th and 28th of March, he will be looking for a job. And I make no apologies for saying that. He is laughing but we’re very serious. Because if we don’t get the job done on the 24th and 28th of March, we might as well kiss our campaign goodbye.”

A side note to the search process -- and of interest to Americans -- is that Wired868.com reported that John-Williams supposedly spoke to Klinsmann, who wasn't available -- because he had already agreed terms to coach in China.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:52:59 PM by MEP »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2016, 06:39:16 PM »
Tbh he did talk a good talk. He did his research on the players, their mentality,  the football culture, team and country. As much as I hated to see Hart go, I have to support my team and my country.
Well...  Mr. Saintfiet is our new coach, nothing anyone one of us can do about it other than support him...so...best of luck coach!

What????? to support this crap is to support the TTFA
Were any of these decisions made in the interest of Trinidad and Tobago's football?????
We had two proven coaches running both the Men's and Women's program.Instead we have an unknown with the Women's Program and a man who wouldn't even be hired to coach in the Proleague.
Plus we have a Terrorist running football affairs...what position is that....was that Board approved?

Carolina Morace might be unknown to you but she is no unknown in women's soccer. Gih Jack he jacket, we should actually be applauding TTFA for this appointment. Hope they actually support the program and not eff it up like they did for Hart and Waldrum!

Fella unknown in the sense that she has not fully proven herself... allyuh looking at the Canadians national team FIFA ranking when she was there ask yourself what schools the players on that team were attending...figure why her only national stint after that is T&T.....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Tom Saintfiet Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2016, 05:16:30 AM »
Rel kicks yes...asylumseeker better than DJW...atleast he give de man ah Bligh...til the 28th...you beat him back in truth...

I can't imagine the pressure this fellas under yea...I optimistically await these 2 GC games...see what he does...any friendlies in the works??

He is under no pressure, he will take his money and ride out.. David on corruption...

Corruption of what though?

I can't logically conclude that DJW is purposely trying to sabotage this campaign. It benefits no one including his own administration

Tell me that he and his technical committee are incompetent, i could live with that.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2016, 09:31:05 AM »
Rel kicks yes...asylumseeker better than DJW...atleast he give de man ah Bligh...til the 28th...you beat him back in truth...

I can't imagine the pressure this fellas under yea...I optimistically await these 2 GC games...see what he does...any friendlies in the works??

He is under no pressure, he will take his money and ride out.. David on corruption...

I can't logically conclude that DJW is purposely trying to sabotage this campaign. It benefits no one including his own administration

Tell me that he and his technical committee are incompetent, i could live with that.

What did it benefit JW when he sold out to the US in '89? US is in similar situation as then, so to T&T.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »

Read my other thread and it explains some of the corruption.. I'll give you a few hints, sports betting, bribery for manipulation of results, external interference, should I continue?

Trinidad made a statement during Harts tenure under Tim Kee, and that statement was, we can match you and beat you with our coach and the players coming together, people don't like wild cards, TT is a wild card... you need to dismantle that wild card
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:32:30 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »
Contro, I feel your pain, honestly. But sometime you does come up with some theories and conspiracies that does have my imagination exploding.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »

Fully proven??? Just exactly what is that supposed to mean? I know she definitely not perfect. But even Don Leo had his failures. And Waldrum's only national team experience is with T&T.

Excerpts from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Morace

Morace holds a UEFA PRO License and is probably best known for having been the first woman to coach a professional men's football team, Viterbese of Italian Serie C1, a post she took in June 1999.

For 5 years from 2000–2005, she was head coach for Italy's national women's team, qualifying twice for the European Championships.

In February 2009 she was announced as the new head coach of the Canadian national women's team.[6] Under her guidance, Canada won the 2010 CONCACAF, 2010 and 2011 Cyprus Cups and 2010 Four Nations Tournament.
Over her 2.5 years in charge Morace improved Canada's FIFA ranking from 11th to 6th position in the World.
From 2011 Carolina Morace has been leading and conducting FIFA Coaching Courses around the world as a FIFA Ambassador and Instructor.
In On September 17, 2015 it was announced that Morace had been appointed Technical Director of a Men's National Premier League Club Floreat Athena FC in Western Australia.

A little bit more from: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/07/22/carolina-morace-steps-dow_n_906997.html

Morace's players were fiercely loyal to their coach, lauding her for soccer smarts and a stylish approach to the game. They pointed to her for their rise up the world rankings.

"Tactically I've never had a coach teach me the things she did," said Canadian forward Melissa Tancredi, who has made 64 appearances for the senior national team. "She was a tactical genius and she brought it on the field."
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »

Fully proven??? Just exactly what is that supposed to mean? I know she definitely not perfect. But even Don Leo had his failures. And Waldrum's only national team experience is with T&T.

Morace holds a UEFA PRO License and is probably best known for having been the first woman to coach a professional men's football team, Viterbese of Italian Serie C1, a post she took in June 1999.

For 5 years from 2000–2005, she was head coach for Italy's national women's team, qualifying twice for the European Championships.

In February 2009 she was announced as the new head coach of the Canadian national women's team.[6] Under her guidance, Canada won the 2010 CONCACAF, 2010 and 2011 Cyprus Cups and 2010 Four Nations Tournament.
Over her 2.5 years in charge Morace improved Canada's FIFA ranking from 11th to 6th position in the World.
From 2011 Carolina Morace has been leading and conducting FIFA Coaching Courses around the world as a FIFA Ambassador and Instructor.
In On September 17, 2015 it was announced that Morace had been appointed Technical Director of a Men's National Premier League Club Floreat Athena FC in Western Australia.

A little bit more from: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/07/22/carolina-morace-steps-dow_n_906997.html

Morace's players were fiercely loyal to their coach, lauding her for soccer smarts and a stylish approach to the game. They pointed to her for their rise up the world rankings.

"Tactically I've never had a coach teach me the things she did," said Canadian forward Melissa Tancredi, who has made 64 appearances for the senior national team. "She was a tactical genius and she brought it on the field."

This is the only good decision made by the ttfa... she's a good coach and can do well for the program...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2016, 01:16:56 PM »

But guess who helped build that program - Hart....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2016, 01:31:08 PM »
Contro, I feel your pain, honestly. But sometime you does come up with some theories and conspiracies that does have my imagination exploding.

You're not feeling my pain Deeks, so stop saying that because your boy is in power and he has ruined our chances... you can call my intelligence and intuition conspiracy theories or what have you but they are real and exist in the football environment in TT... its funny because most people don't understand the level of corruption that exists in our football.. they continue to be bamboozled with lack of talent, we have no money, our players not up to par, for decades they have been spinning that...

You see during enslavement, there were two tiers, the house tier and the field tier - what we have is the dominance of the house tier that facilitates the downfall, while the field tier revolts... however, fast forward to the 21st century, we have the field tier which is not limited to one particular race, is now educated and well informed, so injustice is made public which angers the house tier and their superiors autocratic rule..

You see it is beyond blind patriotism, its fairness and seeing the game played in its natural and uninterrupted state... if TT weren't talented or not up to par, I would settle for their results but that isn't the case... TT is talented enough to upset the equation that the house tier needs to protect because their loyalty is not to justice and fairness, it's to money and their superiors who have them there to ensure the field tier doesn't  get out of line...

I'm disappointed in you Deeks, I expected more, much more..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:37:12 PM by Controversial »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2016, 02:12:04 PM »

Are you sure about that? Because the only place I've ever heard mention of SH in conjunction with the Canadian Women's Soccer Program is from you.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2016, 03:50:08 PM »

Hanlon's Razor

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:51:57 PM by ribbit »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »

Are you sure about that? Because the only place I've ever heard mention of SH in conjunction with the Canadian Women's Soccer Program is from you.

As the sun rises in the east...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »
Transcript between DJW and Saintfiet

DJW - We looking for a coach for the National Team

TS - I hear yuhs a crook. How do I know that I can trust you?

DJW - You can't

TS - Ok. So what is the compensation then?

DJW - Well you have to do volunteer placement for 6 months. Ask Hart about that.

TS - I don't know David. I don't think that I qualified.

DJW - Dont worry about that. Anything is possible.. look at Trump. look at me

TS - Since you put it that way, I'll be on the next flight to Trinidad

DJW - Cool

TS - Thanks David. I always wanted to coach the Bravos.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2016, 05:32:21 PM »
let d italian coach d mens team too

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
I'm disappointed in you Deeks, I expected more, much more..

Contro,  DJW is not my man. He went thru the election process and win. To your credit, you always said in your post that you don't trust him and we should not wish for him to be elected. I give you credit for that prediction.  there is no question whoever is in power, there is always something lacking that screws up the progress of the MNT. Bad admin choices, lack of money to do essential things for the team to be able to compete against the Central Americans. From Jack to DJW, is the same monkey hole.

But some of them guys, have to take some of the blame also. The fringe players who playing overseas and does get call up regularly needed to stay in top shape by whatever means necessary. There is no way Hart could get them men fit in five days time. They should be fit already. The bench players who does get call up by Hart should keep these things in mind. I think they let Hart down. They allow Haiti to pip them. Hart get blame for that. How could that be.
What I can't believe,  is the committee who supposedly vote for this. I eh sure all of them voted.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »
What's the highest level of the women's game after national team play???? That's where Waldrum was....

1]; } ?>