March 28, 2024, 08:49:39 AM

Author Topic: Tom Saintfiet Thread  (Read 48636 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA set to appoint obscure Belgian; ex-Bangladesh coach
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2016, 08:53:34 PM »
let d italian coach d mens team too

Up to press time she was heard asking for contract renegotiations to commess commence, upon realising that she passed on the trifecta of TD, Head Women's coach and Interim Men's Coach.

DJW was allegedly overheard stating "what contract? Yuh on ah CEPEP!!!

Thinking that Guardiola would be visiting, Carolina lauded the president for his organizational vision and let the renegotiation talk slide.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:01:15 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »
Well,  I'll give points for how St Feet handle himself in the media.  Just that alone shows some character.  At least we got to hope for the players.  This crop need an opportunity to be in the World Cup and KJ might be given the chance to silence some career long critics at the big dance. 

Hopeful
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: The Fire Tom Saintfiet Thread
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
I'm disappointed in you Deeks, I expected more, much more..

Contro,  DJW is not my man. He went thru the election process and win. To your credit, you always said in your post that you don't trust him and we should not wish for him to be elected. I give you credit for that prediction.  there is no question whoever is in power, there is always something lacking that screws up the progress of the MNT. Bad admin choices, lack of money to do essential things for the team to be able to compete against the Central Americans. From Jack to DJW, is the same monkey hole.

But some of them guys, have to take some of the blame also. The fringe players who playing overseas and does get call up regularly needed to stay in top shape by whatever means necessary. There is no way Hart could get them men fit in five days time. They should be fit already. The bench players who does get call up by Hart should keep these things in mind. I think they let Hart down. They allow Haiti to pip them. Hart get blame for that. How could that be.
What I can't believe,  is the committee who supposedly vote for this. I eh sure all of them voted.

The players were going to strike the night before, an 11th hour decision was reached and still wasn't rock solid... djw destabilized the team and some of the players were under his team, so he made sure to throw a monkey wrench in there...

You can't operate under that pressure, when you have an autocrat like David undermining you, reason the players and team started losing, it's not rocket science, the players are partly to blame yes but djw is the main reason... you work hard to get to this point, djw used Hart to get to the hex and now he will negotiate a new deal for tv rights worldwide and reap the full pay check, which the fed will never see, only him and his cabal, they are corrupt and it's there for everyone to see.. no mystery..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »
WATCH: Shaka Hislop's reaction

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xMl4LAJydoU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xMl4LAJydoU</a>

WATCH: Kelvin Jack's reaction

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIn4QEEPVxQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SIn4QEEPVxQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2016, 09:37:22 PM »
Well said Shaka and Kelvin. Shaka took the diplomatic approach and Kelvin articulated by not holding water in his mouth. They both got their point across well and I fully agree :beermug:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »
Well said by two of our heroes....Kelvin was blunt but spot on with reference to the duties of the administration...   Very heavy on sound bites which could be heard over and over again
When former players as Kelvin and Shaka explain what they see  ...I can exhale ...there is lots of life to live for

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
"clueless... laughable... actually doing their best"
I think that pretty much says it! :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2016, 07:41:25 AM »
Hello a Fan here 👏 🤓 Hayek Don't know if to say great points by Kelvin and Shaka because us fans are way to emotional and don't know much so maybe Andre should interview a few more players to find out how good these interviews were lol .
Sound worst than an insider even tho he's a fan himself basically heaped all fans in one big bag ,and interrupted kelvin when he was on fire  :pissedoff: ,should have also probed to let him call players names since Kelvin don't seem to care one sod .
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:46:08 AM by Quags »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2016, 08:22:01 AM »
@AndreSooklal yuh have to do yuh best to say "Trinidad and Tobago.

As far as the videos, both Hislop and Jack delivered their opinions within their personalities. Both were frank and both signalled  to the public and to officialdom. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
You guys need to stop hating on the new coach.

There is nothing we can do about it.  Do some independent research on him and see what kind of coach he is.  He is pretty decent and he is very qualified.  I loved Harty, but in all honesty, based on the team's results over the last 12 months, and the apparent discord within the team, he had to go.

In an ideal world, we would have a coach in Hart and a team of players who are fully behind him, but that ship has sailed and we need to stop with this negativity and hate.

DJW is an arrogant dictator, but WE voted him in after crying down Tim Kee......and we had Tim Kee after crying down Jack Warner.

Flex did a pretty decent interview with the man.............just give him a blasted chance and judge him from that!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »

There is nothing we can do about it.  Do some independent research on him and see what kind of coach he is.  He is pretty decent and he is very qualified.  I loved Harty, but in all honesty, based on the team's results over the last 12 months, and the apparent discord within the team, he had to go.

In an ideal world, we would have a coach in Hart and a team of players who are fully behind him, but that ship has sailed and we need to stop with this negativity and hate.

DJW is an arrogant dictator, but WE voted him in after crying down Tim Kee......and we had Tim Kee after crying down Jack Warner.

Flex did a pretty decent interview with the man.............just give him a blasted chance and judge him from that!!
I don't think most people's gripe is with the new coach but more or less the way in which they federation dismissed Hart to acquire the services of Saintfiet. If you were following closely, it will be fair to say the way in which everything went down was shady as Hart was placed in a position to fail.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »
First things first, let's not talk about the team performance when the dictator took over, Hart was undermined and sabotaged from the beginning by Shabazz and the dictator... so I don't want to hear people nonsense about Hart performance... he and his staff was undermined and directly resulted as well as the players not performing well...

Secondly I agree 100% with kelvin and share most of his sentiments except for fenwick..

Thirdly, this coach is a puppet that I will not fully support, he is not selecting the team, how can I get behind a coach who is being told who to select by Shabazz and the dictator, people who know nothing about football, it's a joke...

If the new coach was up to par, he would come in and review the previous tapes and select his team after seeing the local players as well.. instead he remains a puppet and is told who he should select..

I'm sorry, if I was a coach I would not work under that, I would allow suggestions but then I would look at the previous matches, see the games locally and make an independent decision on my own, together with the players available overseas.. he has not done this, which means he doesnt have the power, Shabazz has the power, this is shabazzes team.. I can't support that
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:21:35 AM by Controversial »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Let’s support Tom Saintfiet
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2016, 03:12:55 PM »
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

The T&T Football Association (TTFA) on December 7, announced a new football coach in Tom Saintfiet, and it is not the “Big name coach” that many expected, with loads of results on a long resume, but rather a somewhat young sports psychologist with lots of ambition and desire, and for whom discipline seems to be a priority.

And this has clearly upset several of the leading football experts in the country who believe that his lack of experience and his previous work, do not suggest he is the “right man” for the moment. Whether that is true or not, can only be determined in the future by the results that will be recorded.

For the moment, we have to all be supportive of this coach, that is, if we are all desirous of T&T making it to the Russia 2018. Because it is clear that unless we operate as a team - fans, players, business, etc- with a clear focus and united front, this will not be achieved. We need to find a way to forget about the questions.

The new coach needs our support and guidance to ensure that our team can gain the best result possible in the upcoming matches so it can grow in confidence ahead of the two crucial World Cup matches in March.

The news that there will be an opportunity for Saintfiet to watch and learn more about the players when the Soca Warriors play two matches against Nicaragua, has to be good news. The only question being, will all the players be available, as it is Christmas season and some of them will be on holidays and many of them get caught up in the festivities.

What is also important now is that several of the young players in T&T understand how important it is to continue their personal development if they’re to be selected. This incentive should hopefully assist young players to go that extra mile to ensure they are match fit and ready if called upon.

Everyone, but in particular the last coach Stephen Hart, has experienced the pain of his players not performing as they should and not committed many expected and for that Hart has paid the ultimate price - being dismissed because of the team’s poor results in its first two World Cup Qualifiers.

In the next few months, this country will be able to understand fully the mentality of the players selected for national duty and whether they understand their respective roles and responsibilities as against that of just making up numbers. This should not be about playing for Tom Saintfiet but instead it must be about representing T&T with love and pride with the understanding that all of the country is behind them. There are many times, when a country needs a lift from all the gloom and doom, and the many loads of negativity that prevail and in sports, this is one of the ways of returning smiles to the faces of citizens of T&T, as everyone will follow the team’s progress.

In January, there are two important fixtures for Gold Cup 2017 qualification as well, and this will be further opportunities to measure the team’s progress and in what direction T&T is heading before the two critical matches in March arrives.

Panama on March 24 and Mexico four days later, are two home matches that T&T must earn maximum points in the end, and we need to be prepared to change the starting times for both matches in favour of our team, and therefore let us hope that the TTFA will recognise the need to do very quickly and ensure that a favourable kick-off time for team T&T, is secured.

In the meantime, let us stand behind and support our coach in the coming months, after all he is working for us and trying to qualify T&T for its second World Cup.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2016, 07:29:51 PM »
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

The T&T Football Association (TTFA) on December 7, announced a new football coach in Tom Saintfiet, and it is not the “Big name coach” that many expected, with loads of results on a long resume, but rather a somewhat young sports psychologist with lots of ambition and desire, and for whom discipline seems to be a priority.

And this has clearly upset several of the leading football experts in the country who believe that his lack of experience and his previous work, do not suggest he is the “right man” for the moment. Whether that is true or not, can only be determined in the future by the results that will be recorded.

For the moment, we have to all be supportive of this coach, that is, if we are all desirous of T&T making it to the Russia 2018. Because it is clear that unless we operate as a team - fans, players, business, etc- with a clear focus and united front, this will not be achieved. We need to find a way to forget about the questions.

The new coach needs our support and guidance to ensure that our team can gain the best result possible in the upcoming matches so it can grow in confidence ahead of the two crucial World Cup matches in March.

The news that there will be an opportunity for Saintfiet to watch and learn more about the players when the Soca Warriors play two matches against Nicaragua, has to be good news. The only question being, will all the players be available, as it is Christmas season and some of them will be on holidays and many of them get caught up in the festivities.

What is also important now is that several of the young players in T&T understand how important it is to continue their personal development if they’re to be selected. This incentive should hopefully assist young players to go that extra mile to ensure they are match fit and ready if called upon.

Everyone, but in particular the last coach Stephen Hart, has experienced the pain of his players not performing as they should and not committed many expected and for that Hart has paid the ultimate price - being dismissed because of the team’s poor results in its first two World Cup Qualifiers.

In the next few months, this country will be able to understand fully the mentality of the players selected for national duty and whether they understand their respective roles and responsibilities as against that of just making up numbers. This should not be about playing for Tom Saintfiet but instead it must be about representing T&T with love and pride with the understanding that all of the country is behind them. There are many times, when a country needs a lift from all the gloom and doom, and the many loads of negativity that prevail and in sports, this is one of the ways of returning smiles to the faces of citizens of T&T, as everyone will follow the team’s progress.

In January, there are two important fixtures for Gold Cup 2017 qualification as well, and this will be further opportunities to measure the team’s progress and in what direction T&T is heading before the two critical matches in March arrives.

Panama on March 24 and Mexico four days later, are two home matches that T&T must earn maximum points in the end, and we need to be prepared to change the starting times for both matches in favour of our team, and therefore let us hope that the TTFA will recognise the need to do very quickly and ensure that a favourable kick-off time for team T&T, is secured.

In the meantime, let us stand behind and support our coach in the coming months, after all he is working for us and trying to qualify T&T for its second World Cup.

No offense fearless one, but shut your mouth nah on this one...

I not supporting any puppet who lies and if I support him that means I support the dictator and Shabazz ...

Don't become the toothless one sir...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:51:50 AM by Controversial »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2016, 10:43:45 PM »
This coach would turn out to be a poor imitation of  Beenhaaker strategically and a more blunted tactician than Stephen Hart.

As a coach he seems to have some organizational knowledge but is limited tactically as well as strategically.

His teams don't seem to have the knowledge of the  fine details in carrying out his tactics when playing behind the ball.

He doesn't counter attack well.

He likes to play a somewhat similar tempo to Trinidad but all the balls are predictable i.e all forward passing.

His defenders play too loose.

Without Ken Jones he will be handicapped.

His one weapon that is key to his style is Kenwyn Jones.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
"Third World" is a derogatory term - Do you know this SANTHIEF?
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2016, 01:14:15 AM »
Anyone who went to a reputable university and has a formal education knows using the term "Third World" is derogatory and demeaning.

Educators/Professors no longer use that term, its developing and developed nations...

SANTHIEF next time you decide to insult a club owner, at least try to be politically correct.

You fit in perfectly with the dictator and the terrorist because they too have no manners...

Furthermore, Hart had manners, he knew how to conduct himself and how to coach a team in a professional manner. You can learn a thing or two from a son of the soil...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Third World" is a derogatory term - Do you know this SANTHIEF?
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2016, 05:42:12 AM »
Keep them honest- Controversial . It is like calling African- Americans- You People.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »
Any grown man that could sit there and have a football president publicly say he would be fired if he didn't win two games, and then further embarrass him by saying, "he's there smiling blah blah blah.." is a CLOWN.

He has the balls to show off on Sancho and used the phrase, "Third World" via a phone convo, but couldn't tell the  other clowns in the clown-car, "Well wait a minute let me see what the CAPTAIN of this team can bring to table before i get rid of him."

This shit is so damn surreal to me I don't even know what to say anymore...I know we forumites joke around and say is always some drama or bacahnal, but damn man it's friggin ridiculous now...oh gosh man allyuh ease up lil bit nah????

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2016, 11:10:37 AM »
This coach would turn out to be a poor imitation of  Beenhaaker strategically and a more blunted tactician than Stephen Hart.

As a coach he seems to have some organizational knowledge but is limited tactically as well as strategically.

His teams don't seem to have the knowledge of the  fine details in carrying out his tactics when playing behind the ball.

He doesn't counter attack well.

He likes to play a somewhat similar tempo to Trinidad but all the balls are predictable i.e all forward passing.

His defenders play too loose.

Without Ken Jones he will be handicapped.

His one weapon that is key to his style is Kenwyn Jones.

This observation is based on you seeing his previous teams?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »

Well said! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »

Beside 2006 qualification have we finished higher than 6th in the Hex?
Live large and prosper!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »

Beside 2006 qualification have we finished higher than 6th in the Hex?

There are external forces controlling djw who is indeed in the house and subservient to them that will not want that to happen ...

Hence the removal of Hart... it's too bad people like Andre Samuel and them are blinded and don't see behind djw, he is a major part of the problem because it's easy to buy men like the dictator, they easily sell out ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »
Which external forces controlling DJW?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »
Which external forces controlling DJW?

I think you're intelligent enough to figure that one out my friend...

Like I said, the top brass in TT football are easily bought, and TT was playing too good to go unnoticed...

Caribbean football is maintained at a certain level and won't go above that...

Ask yourself a question, why a region with 25 votes in FIFA,  don't have at least one and half spots for the World Cup?

We can swing an election in FIFA by block voting... yet the nations in the Caribbean linger on the bottom, South America has 10 votes, yes bigger population but they don't influence a FIFA election..

The installed puppets we have now in TT football and cfu should push for Caribbean spots but they don't.. you ever wonder why, the house tier remains defiant to progressing the region..

With one and a half spots the Caribbean would benefit immensely and it would raise the standard of football in general

Out of this we would get a football league throughout the region with teams from every nation in the cfu
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:01:08 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03:03 PM »
Contro, the irony of your argument is that Jack Warner had them 35 votes lock stock at one time. And what did he used to do with it. TT football used to get all the qualifying tournaments. Apart from that Jack used to take everything for himself after he paid off all the CFU heads. He got busted with his jockey short down when Ben Haniman came to TT to lobby for the FIFA presidency. After that, no CFU federation going to give a TT official a chance anymore. All those they have put so far have been busted, either by the US justice dept., Concacaf or FIFA. Jack should have used his influenced to at least get one guaranteed spot for the CFU. He had 35 votes to do so. He was there for over 15 years. I doubt Cuba, PR and DR going to walk hand in hand with the rest of the CFU. I see them 3 voting with the Central Americans.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:05:00 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Contro, the irony of your argument is that Jack Warner had them 35 votes lock stock at one time. And what did he used to do with it. TT football used to get all the qualifying tournaments. Apart from that Jack used to take everything for himself after he paid off all the CFU heads. He got busted with his jockey short down when Ben Haniman came to TT to lobby for the FIFA presidency. After that, no CFU federation going to give a TT official a chance anymore. All those they have put so far have been busted, either by the US justice dept., Concacaf or FIFA. Jack should have used his influenced to at least get one guaranteed spot for the CFU. He had 35 votes to do so. He was there for over 15 years. I doubt Cuba, PR and DR going to walk hand in hand with the rest of the CFU. I see them 3 voting with the Central Americans.

If that's the case then we are down to 22 votes... which is still substantial... and would warrant a spot and a half ... which brings me back to my point, we had sell outs, we need someone to take a stand..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »
Apperently he said developing country not third world.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

Controversial is just living up to his name. I don't know why some folks here seem to be taking him seriously.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2016, 07:17:55 PM »
If your European and met the TTFA brass would you think that this was a First Class First World kinda place ?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2016, 04:50:17 AM »

Controversial is just living up to his name. I don't know why some folks here seem to be taking him seriously.

Show me the article where he said developing nation to Sancho?

Because two separate articles have third world...

And for the record no one takes your seriously pro..

1]; } ?>