April 27, 2024, 02:46:23 PM

Author Topic: Tom Saintfiet Thread  (Read 49852 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Third World" is a derogatory term - Do you know this SANTHIEF?
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2016, 07:03:15 AM »
Apperently he said developing country not third world.

Controversial is just living up to his name. I don't know why some folks here seem to be taking him seriously.

Show me the article where he said developing nation to Sancho?

Because two separate articles have third world...

And for the record no one takes your seriously pro..

Contro, Go re-read Lasana's article and the comments below where he acknowledged the error and corrected it.
“[Sancho] explained that he was down to only 17 players,” said Shabazz. “And Tom got angry and said [Central] were not sticking to an agreement made with the Pro League about the release of players, long before he came to Trinidad. And [Saintfiet] said even in a developing country like Bangladesh, they are more serious about their national team.”
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:06:54 AM by Thomo »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »
Contro, de man make his living in de Third World. Bang, Zim, ..... De outrage unnecessary

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »
Saintfiet used First World and Third World language before when working in Africa and referring to Nigeria. When in Malawi working as a "volunteer" coach he accused the late great Nigerian Keshi of racism.

Since the article says it was Shabazz statement on what Saintfiet said, its not surprising that due to the uproar Shabazz change his recollection.

Controversial don't stop the pressure this whole thing is a setup, Saintfiet will be fired and the preferred local coaches hired. Saintfeit is but a pothole on the road from Hart to what DJW wants.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2016, 11:40:53 AM »
Saintfiet used First World and Third World language before when working in Africa and referring to Nigeria. When in Malawi working as a "volunteer" coach he accused the late great Nigerian Keshi of racism.

Since the article says it was Shabazz statement on what Saintfiet said, its not surprising that due to the uproar Shabazz change his recollection.

Controversial don't stop the pressure this whole thing is a setup, Saintfiet will be fired and the preferred local coaches hired. Saintfeit is but a pothole on the road from Hart to what DJW wants.

Shabazz is a snake so any retraction from him is a lie.. let Kevin or Sancho come on and say it, any other report is a cover up..

I don't buy those retractions from the ttfa, they are liars and will lie again..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »

Controversial is just living up to his name. I don't know why some folks here seem to be taking him seriously.

Contro, Go re-read Lasana's article and the comments below where he acknowledged the error and corrected it.
“[Sancho] explained that he was down to only 17 players,” said Shabazz. “And Tom got angry and said [Central] were not sticking to an agreement made with the Pro League about the release of players, long before he came to Trinidad. And [Saintfiet] said even in a developing country like Bangladesh, they are more serious about their national team.”
pretty soon this make shift coach will realize that he made a very bad error in judgement when he concludes that these people actually don't know the meaning of the word serious. any where in the world is far more serious than trinidad and tobago, we make those corrupt African countries look like singapore in comparison. from politics to sports we drag our feet and fall asleep at the wheel.

imagine bangladesh of all places a poor underdeveloped cricket loving country and a relatively new corner to the sport of football is more serious about football than us who's first sport is football has been playing the sport for over a 100 years, what an utter slap in the jaw.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:18:28 PM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA set to appoint obscure Belgian; ex-Bangladesh coach
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »

Can someone please explain how ah man with the resume of failure upon failure of Jamal Shabazz get such a key position as TD? I still find this ming boggling yuh know.

Or maybe onece yuh in T&T football for a number of years dais the new criteria for key positions at the senior level

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »

Can someone please explain how ah man with the resume of failure upon failure of Jamal Shabazz get such a key position as TD? I still find this ming boggling yuh know.

Or maybe onece yuh in T&T football for a number of years dais the new criteria for key positions at the senior level

You're acting like the term nepotism is something foreign to you locally...

Answer the question about how much funds was allocated to the ttfa from the ministry of sport?

That's the unknown that needs to be answered, not the obvious appointments everyone knew was coming when the dictator was elected..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2016, 11:58:40 PM »
Contro, the irony of your argument is that Jack Warner had them 35 votes lock stock at one time. And what did he used to do with it. TT football used to get all the qualifying tournaments. Apart from that Jack used to take everything for himself after he paid off all the CFU heads. He got busted with his jockey short down when Ben Haniman came to TT to lobby for the FIFA presidency. After that, no CFU federation going to give a TT official a chance anymore. All those they have put so far have been busted, either by the US justice dept., Concacaf or FIFA. Jack should have used his influenced to at least get one guaranteed spot for the CFU. He had 35 votes to do so. He was there for over 15 years. I doubt Cuba, PR and DR going to walk hand in hand with the rest of the CFU. I see them 3 voting with the Central Americans.

If that's the case then we are down to 22 votes... which is still substantial... and would warrant a spot and a half ... which brings me back to my point, we had sell outs, we need someone to take a stand..

which brings me back to my point, we had sell outs, we need someone to take a stand..

Be specific. Who sell out. And to whom. After Jack, all the CFU minions started fighting for control. The result being the Canadian heading Concacaf.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »
Contro, the irony of your argument is that Jack Warner had them 35 votes lock stock at one time. And what did he used to do with it. TT football used to get all the qualifying tournaments. Apart from that Jack used to take everything for himself after he paid off all the CFU heads. He got busted with his jockey short down when Ben Haniman came to TT to lobby for the FIFA presidency. After that, no CFU federation going to give a TT official a chance anymore. All those they have put so far have been busted, either by the US justice dept., Concacaf or FIFA. Jack should have used his influenced to at least get one guaranteed spot for the CFU. He had 35 votes to do so. He was there for over 15 years. I doubt Cuba, PR and DR going to walk hand in hand with the rest of the CFU. I see them 3 voting with the Central Americans.

If that's the case then we are down to 22 votes... which is still substantial... and would warrant a spot and a half ... which brings me back to my point, we had sell outs, we need someone to take a stand..

which brings me back to my point, we had sell outs, we need someone to take a stand..

Be specific. Who sell out. And to whom. After Jack, all the CFU minions started fighting for control. The result being the Canadian heading Concacaf.

David john and the cabal are sell outs ... you need not look further my friend

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »
Who is the cabal? Shabazz? Dexter? The selection committee? You are saying that they don't care if the MNT do not qualify for Moscow? Do you know how much money you make when you qualify? Why would they not want to qualify?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:07:33 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »
Who is the cabal? Shabazz? Dexter? The selection committee? You are saying that they don't care if the MNT do not qualify for Moscow? Do you know how much money you make when you qualify? Why would they not want to qualify?

Keep on listing my brother...

You see the cabal can't control Hart, they need a coach that they can control, corruption can only be conducted with like minds, an outsider will be viewed as volatile and unpredictable... but there is another angle to this, losing will also benefit the few, Hart wasn't here to lose, he was here to win... he was here to choose players of his choosing, the dictator doesn't like that, the cabal cannot lose control, if they do, their plan cannot be orchestrated accordingly ...

The outside interferences also want a controllable qualifying campaign, qualification for the World Cup, is directly related to political power, a show of power and symbolizes strength... sport is not just a means of making money through match fixing but also a show of power and validation.. TT holds no political power in the world, they also are not mandated to qualify, despite our talent we have the house tier that assure their superiors that things would be under control, no surprises..

The complexity of the scheme is not just one sided... the Caribbean is heavily controlled as with the wicb and our cricket.. there is no free reign, the dictator was elected to maintain this norm.. if his superiors decide we will qualify, it will be on their terms and controlled ...

"The most beautiful game"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2016, 10:43:54 PM »

pretty soon this make shift coach will realize that he made a very bad error in judgement when he concludes that these people actually don't know the meaning of the word serious. any where in the world is far more serious than trinidad and tobago, we make those corrupt African countries look like singapore in comparison. from politics to sports we drag our feet and fall asleep at the wheel.

imagine bangladesh of all places a poor underdeveloped cricket loving country and a relatively new corner to the sport of football is more serious about football than us who's first sport is football has been playing the sport for over a 100 years, what an utter slap in the jaw.

Andre "the dictators mouthpiece" Samuel has spoken, its interesting how people reveal themselves and don't even realize it...

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Tom Saintfiet Thread
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2016, 07:32:55 AM »
Could someone show me the big picture of what's happening? It's so confusing and I'm really interested about it. On his first week of job, the new coach is basically saying T&T don't take football seriously, and the president is saying he'll be fired if he doesn't win the next 2 matches? So why they signed him? :o :thinking:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2016, 09:03:34 AM »
Could someone show me the big picture of what's happening? It's so confusing and I'm really interested about it. On his first week of job, the new coach is basically saying T&T don't take football seriously, and the president is saying he'll be fired if he doesn't win the next 2 matches? So why they signed him? :o :thinking:
Not to sound too much like Contro, but it is pretty clear to the fan that pays even a little bit of attention that the LatApty litigation was suspended bc Djw promise him the head coach job. Shabaxx had a long relationship with him so who knows what the tit for tat was. St feet was probably the best coaching option willing to sign on the 2 game clause... But he is really a caretaker for his assistants to take over without a national uproar.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
My objections and worries are already on record, but asking to fire him so soon is strong. The Central saga is not a great start, but surely we all want T&T in Russia? Not sure how this thread helps apart from a "I told you so" down the line.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »
Wait so the man insult we on the sly and all some ah allyuh studying is whether contro quote the man correctly?  When he say even in a developing nation like Bangladesh...allyuh realize he insinuating that we lower than a developing nation right?  SMH

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »

You have some catching up to do and it'll leave your poor head spinning...just for starters, in introducing the new coach at a news conference, the boss said that he had two games to win/get a result and if he didn't he would be fired. He went further and said, words to effect, "he's sitting there smiling but I am serious, he has to win those two games or he will be gone." While new coach/little boy sits there and takes it.

They signed him because he was cheapest, the others in the running were too expensive. Yep and the drama continues:)

Drop KJ the captain because he too slow.
Bring back Carlos Edwards to shore up the defense.
Brought in Cornell Glenn from India, who will meet the team in Nicaragua...yep Saintfiet has never seen him play in person, probably pick him on the evidence videos and the -- ahem-- advice/suggestions/orders of others:)

Get your popcorn;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:38:58 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »
Get a good night's rest, Tom.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »
Tom Saintfiet T&T record

Games Played - 4

Won                1

Draw               0

Loose              3

Goals For          8

Goals Against    9   

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:42:31 PM by royal »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:25 PM »
sound like bob bradley available

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2016, 03:13:18 PM »
sound like bob bradley available

Honestly I'd rather Bradley than this joker and clean house in the TTFA as well.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2017, 07:46:32 PM »
Saintfiet may be bringing our rankings in line with de teams he normally coach.     

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
Failures under Shabazz stewardship is no surprise. His whole career has been a failure.

Ah keep telling allyuh the old heads in T&T do not know shit about todays International game and they refuse to humble themselves and stop thinking they could wave a magic wand and become the best TD's and coaches in the world. Stephen Hart is the best Trini born coach because of how he developed outside of T&T!
Shabazz, DJW and others in the local T&T circle always saw Hart as an outsider. Now the national team and the country has to suffer for their envious ways.

As for the ne coach Saintflop, he just here to collect he money and then ride out when time comes
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:52:49 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »
3 December 2015 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 49 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=257/concacaf.html

7 January 2016 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 50 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=258/concacaf.html

22 December 2016 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 78 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/concacaf.html

One full year of DJW and two months of Tom the ASS and we will be close to 100.

Rankings of Tom the ASS teams:

TOGO              91
NAMIBIA          99
ZIMBABWE     102
MALAWI         103
ETHIOPIA       112
YEMEN           148
BANGLADESH  185

Where do you predict we will be ranked by end of February?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »
3 December 2015 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 49 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=257/concacaf.html

7 January 2016 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 50 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=258/concacaf.html

22 December 2016 Trinidad and Tobago ranked 78 in the world
http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/concacaf.html

One full year of DJW and two months of Tom the ASS and we will be close to 100.

Rankings of Tom the ASS teams:

TOGO              91
NAMIBIA          99
ZIMBABWE     102
MALAWI         103
ETHIOPIA       112
YEMEN           148
BANGLADESH  185

Where do you predict we will be ranked by end of February?

We on pace.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
Saintfiet may be bringing our rankings in line with de teams he normally coach.   
this is not saintfiet's fault. we could not even win vs grenada with hart and this local bunch, now you all is asking a coach who barely knows these players to be successful after two practice game? please.

some of the people to blame are the federation heads, the pro league, the carenage crew who sabotage the gold cup with their indiscipline both with hart and saintfiet....... yes kevin molino and jovin jones........and to some extent cordel cato that bum.

and if you guys think that the omission of kenwin was saintfiet's idea then you are more delusional than i give you credit for. that sacking came from all the way up top. i'm so glad to see them fall on their own sword. serves them right. that is what you get for tampering with a good thing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2017, 12:21:17 AM »
Tom, what would happen if Moldova beat Belgium?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:23:38 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
Who driving Tom to de airport?!?!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2017, 05:18:29 PM »