March 28, 2024, 03:42:23 AM

Author Topic: Tom Saintfiet Thread  (Read 48617 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Tom Saintfiet Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
As great as Latas was as a player he cyah coach he way out of a paperbag

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
asylumseeker asylumseerman is de winner of de 2016/17 Miss Cleo award.  :rotfl:

:)

Iz ah Wednesday, US-based hold tight for de winning Powerball numbers.

PM it to me first!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
“From the first day of my unveiling, I did not get the support of the TTFA and its President,” stated Saintfiet, “support which is needed to be able to do my job in a professional and successful way. I never got the chance to work with the players nor staff requested.

“Perhaps I should have taken this decision right from day one of my appointment, after the President openly second guessed his own choice of employing me. But I gave him at the TTFA the benefit of the doubt.”

Don't put of to tomorrow what you can do today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
Don't put of to tomorrow what you can do today

maxg you is an ass yes. LOL.  :rotfl:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »
At least Latas would have them a lil more composed and be able to string a couple passes together.

Based on what?  How Latas used to play when he was a player?

When Latas coached the team with Jay-Lloyd Samuel, they did start off slow to his detriment. But towards the end the team started to gel. They played CR in Tobago. I think they lost a close one. The best game was the 1-0 lost to the US. Ricardo Clark scoring with a shot in the TT area. But his run was under that head case AJW. So you all know that his stint would be tenuous. Unfortunately, we don't have any player on  our team with Latas skill and composure. Our mid field is poor. The best I have seen our mid field play was under Hart in the two GC he coached. But something always happening to one of them. Injury, getting shot or some sort of indifference. But the players need to do the extra work on their own. Getting fit or weight training. The national coach don't have the time to implement that aspect of coaching. The coach would be damn lucky to get 5 days, far less 2!weeks to do all those things.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
Not surprised..

The terrorizer hinted at his dismissal or I guess resignation...

The roller coaster ride continues and more money is wasted that could have gone to Hart and supporting him but qualifying is not the Dictator goal..never was

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
Saintfiet's tenure as head coach of T&T
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vgqRis_czYg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vgqRis_czYg</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
Saintfiet's tenure as head coach of T&T
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vgqRis_czYg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vgqRis_czYg</a>

:D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
Boat Cruise Jammers will be happy with Latas as a coach. He will join them on the boat lime and then they will run for 60 minutes and the Coach will say lack of Fitness was responsible for the late goals.
 Latas will bring his friend Dwight to help him out with , the necessary addition of liming after each session. In all fairness to  Saintfiet , he never stood a chance with this C team that others picked for him.

I feel sorry for Saintfield. There were periods when the team didn't  look too bad.
But is only so much any Coach could do with the coming and going of so many players.

It good for the TTFA.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2017, 06:50:34 PM »
Boat Cruise Jammers will be happy with Latas as a coach. He will join them on the boat lime and then they will run for 60 minutes and the Coach will say lack of Fitness was responsible for the late goals.
 Latas will bring his friend Dwight to help him out with , the necessary addition of liming after each session. In all fairness to  Saintfiet , he never stood a chance with this C team that others picked for him.

I feel sorry for Saintfield. There were periods when the team didn't  look too bad.
But is only so much any Coach could do with the coming and going of so many players.

It good for the TTFA.

VB

He was a patsy for the TTFA (DJW) and did not realise. From that perspective I feel sorry for him. His tenure was ultimately doomed, he  marginalised some of our best players, our core of the last 3 years. Even if he was getting a mandate from above, he was burning bridges that surely he knew he would have needed if we were to collect any points in the next 8 games.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
His tenure was doomed even before it began, no clue the appetite of the macauel would make him part of the menu.....not well thought out..He cut off his own testicles when allowed the saboteurs to pick the team,he just did not stand up,and as it's said if you cannot stand for some thing you will fall for anything...That was a short honeymoon and marriage...Just four games...Talk about a quickie
Bottom line when you lay down with dogs you wake up with rats and fat one's at that...lol
Who is next to sip of the poisoned chalice.....Anyone even offering their services free of charge under this current administration need a psychiatric evaluation...😎😎😎😎

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
Simply put, I can respect a man who quits instead of waiting to be fired, also recognizing an untenable situation.

Where do we go from here? Although many have given up on the dream of Russia 2018, I will still hold out hope that the 2015 Gold Cup Team shows up in the next 8 games.

A man can dream.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
WATCH: Saintfiet explains why he resigned

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ci_KFQHhj7Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ci_KFQHhj7Q</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2017, 08:30:51 PM »
Simply put, I can respect a man who quits instead of waiting to be fired, also recognizing an untenable situation.

Where do we go from here? Although many have given up on the dream of Russia 2018, I will still hold out hope that the 2015 Gold Cup Team shows up in the next 8 games.

A man can dream.

Blessings
that 2015 gold cup run was a fluke. in reality they have done nothing that spectacular. they beat guatemala and cuba and got lucky in the last play of the mexico game, what people are not considering is that we conceded in each one of those games and failed to keep a clean sheet.

when last have we beaten a formidable opponent and manage by a one or two goal margin to keep a clean sheet? we don't grind out wins like jamaica or panama (1-0  2-0), when we won games during hart's tenure 95% of the time the results looked like this (3-1,  4-4,  2-1,  3-2), not to knock hart he was a very good attacking coach, but he needed a defensive coach in his camp because in the 4 years hart was in charge we never looked solid defensively.

quite a few members clamor for the support of coach hart but i hate to say that coach hart was failing in his defensive duties and it showed in the stats. in 90% of his games he has conceded and in the last year only managed two clean sheets.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:52:04 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
WATCH: Saintfiet explains why he resigned

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ci_KFQHhj7Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ci_KFQHhj7Q</a>
and people was saying that the man was a puppet and had no pride. if he was a puppet and lack pride he would still be there being disrespected by that contemptuous staff of nincompoops. good for you coach saintfiet, tell those jerks to shove it is right.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
Having completed his tour of the Republic, the wanderlust Coach has apparently decided that its bananas do not quite agree with his constitution.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »
It was a good holiday for him. He get to see some Trini women and bus a lime or two. Saint"fete" would have preferred the holiday during carnival. But the next best thing beside carnival time is Christmas  time. So if anyone who benefit from this is Saint"fete"..

Must say I have a lot of respect for him now that he quit. I wish him luck. DJW could not take his dignity away. Best of luck Saint"fete".

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
We need specifics about the perceived lack of respect. We need specifics about the off the field issues.

Where is the pointed journalism. We need guided missiles not puff pastry questions
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »
We need specifics about the perceived lack of respect. We need specifics about the off the field issues.

Where is the pointed journalism. We need guided missiles not puff pastry questions

It will come out when Saintfiet is back in Belgium and safe and sound. You think he taking a chance and say the wrong thing in Trini?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:24:03 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2017, 04:50:59 AM »
pull stones,you always put  very sensible posts,you don't let your heart over rule your judgement of our team.You have stated facts and people should read it and accept it.I would like to even add a bit more,Hart was kept on for too long,he should have gone after Haiti stopped us with that 1-0 defeat,not getting into the Copa was a massive blow,we then lost to Martinique,that is why we have failed to get in to the Caribbean Cup,not what Santfiet did,Hart did very little and should have gone then.One other point,you said the Mexico result was a fluke,I agree that there was something flukish about that result.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2017, 05:16:03 AM »
Trinidad & Tobago Mess Is No Laughing Matter
By Paul Kennedy, Soccer America.

Shaka Hislop ‏ tweeted that he didn't know whether to laugh or cry about the state of Trinidad & Tobago, then added, "I've had hangovers that lasted longer than Saintfiet." That would have been a pretty long hangover, but Hislop, the former T&T goalkeeper who now works as an ESPN analyst, makes his point about Belgian Tom Saintfiet, who lasted all of five weeks as T&T head coach.

Saintfiet was named as T&T coach in December to replace Stephen Hart after the Soca Warriors -- like the USA -- opened the Hexagonal with two straight losses. But he resigned on Tuesday, two days after a 4-3 overtime loss to Haiti knocked them out of contention for the 2017 Gold Cup.

In an email sent Wednesday morning, Saintfiet issued the following statement:

"I would like to inform you all that I have decided to resign, today Tuesday 10 January 2017 as National Team Coach of Trinidad & Tobago.

"Given the mandate to guide the team past Panama and Mexico in the coming World Cup qualifiers of March 2017, I have come to the conclusion that I can’t be successful in this environment.

"From the first day of my unveiling, I did not get the support of the TTFA and its President; support which is needed to be able to do my job in a professional and successful way.

"I never got the chance to work with the players nor staff requested.

"Perhaps I should have taken this decision right from day one of my appointment after the President openly second guessed his own choice of employing me but I gave him and the TTFA the benefit of the doubt.

"It was an honour and privilege to work for a beautiful nation like Trinidad & Tobago and I wish the players, staff, TTFA, fans and the whole football family the very best."

The move was no surprise: T&T lost three of four games in the last two weeks, and Saintfiet battled with many of his star players, not to mention local club officials.

T&T's problems did not just extend to the Hexagonal. The Soca Warriors failed to win their Gold Cup qualifying group, requiring them to play in a playoff in January when some foreign-based players were unavailable or MLS players were coming off offseason vacations.

Saintfiet was the default choice for the job as the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association reportedly couldn't afford Frenchman Philippe Troussier's salary terms, and the TTFA technical committee that was working on the coaching hire -- via Google -- questioned whether the other candidates, Colombians Luis Suarez and Eduardo Lara, spoke English.

TTFA president David John-Williams wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the pick, stating at the press conference to announce the hiring that Saintfiet would be fired if "he doesn’t get the job done" at the March Hexagonal qualifiers against Panama and Mexico.

"He is laughing," said Williams, "but we’re very serious."

Assistants Russell Latapy and Jamaal Shabazz are candidates to replace Saintfiet

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2017, 06:47:14 AM »
pull stones,you always put  very sensible posts,you don't let your heart over rule your judgement of our team.You have stated facts and people should read it and accept it.I would like to even add a bit more,Hart was kept on for too long,he should have gone after Haiti stopped us with that 1-0 defeat,not getting into the Copa was a massive blow,we then lost to Martinique,that is why we have failed to get in to the Caribbean Cup,not what Santfiet did,Hart did very little and should have gone then.One other point,you said the Mexico result was a fluke,I agree that there was something flukish about that result.

In the past 3.5 years we play Mexico 3 times. Results were :

Mexico 1 - 0 TT (Gold cup 2013)
Mexico 4 - 4 TT (Gold cup 2015)
Mexico 3 - 3 TT ( Friendly 2015)

It's inaccurate to call those results flukes as the last 3 outings have been very close. I am with Contro, there is a correlation to DJW coming into the picture and the poor form. He is to blame. Not Hart.

Just to put it into context, Saintfiet was coach for just over 30 days. He already talking about the lack of support from the TTFA and DJW. So what do you think Hart experience?  Lack of support, sabotage..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:52:17 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:12 AM »
It's has been pretty impressive of John David Williams to transform Trinidad and Tobago F F ,into an entity just as terrible as the West Indies Cricket Board  :applause:  Not even Jackular did that .
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:08:14 AM by Quags »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
It's has been pretty impressive of John David Williams to transform Trinidad and Tobago F F ,into an entity just as terrible as the West Indies Cricket Board  :applause:  Not even Jackular did that .

People can't read between the lines. I have faith that DJW's hand in the TTFA will be questioned more in the next few weeks. He has the tendency to say the wrong things when the spotlight is on him. Kind of like Trump. He is unprofessional. I believe that will be enough for his downfall. God willing

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:25 AM »

What was going on with the squad around the time of that Haiti defeat? If the game was of such massive importance, why wasn't it reflected in the actions of the TTFA?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »

It will come out when Saintfiet is back in Belgium and safe and sound. You think he taking a chance and say the wrong thing in Trini?

It is the duty of the journalist to ask. Did you get the impression that he probed? All he did was to aid Tom's damage control and spin regarding future employment. Aside from pappyshowing his profession ....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:40:49 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »

Look de 2 imps agree, surprise surprise.  2 ah allyuh rell dotish oui.  3 games against mexico decided by 1 single goal in terms of advantage but thats a fluke.  Saintshyte toots heself dong and one claim he is a better coach while the next was praising the wonderful job he was doing en rout to a 1W, 3L record.  Steups :banginghead:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »

People can't read between the lines. I have faith that DJW's hand in the TTFA will be questioned more in the next few weeks. He has the tendency to say the wrong things when the spotlight is on him. Kind of like Trump. He is unprofessional. I believe that will be enough for his downfall. God willing

In the past 3.5 years we play Mexico 3 times. Results were :

Mexico 1 - 0 TT (Gold cup 2013)
Mexico 4 - 4 TT (Gold cup 2015)
Mexico 3 - 3 TT ( Friendly 2015)

It's inaccurate to call those results flukes as the last 3 outings have been very close. I am with Contro, there is a correlation to DJW coming into the picture and the poor form. He is to blame. Not Hart.

Just to put it into context, Saintfiet was coach for just over 30 days. He already talking about the lack of support from the TTFA and DJW. So what do you think Hart experience?  Lack of support, sabotage..

Breds, I agree with you. But they can call those results flukes if they want, the TT performed admirably in those 3 games. Hart appeared to be getting team in the right direction. Then everything retrograde after the election. The gap between the last 3-3 tie with Mex. and the 1-0 lost to Haiti was about what ? 6 weeks? Nothing happened for the team. Not a cobo sweat with meh family teams from Grenada, St. Lucia, Vincy or Shabazz GuyaneseXI. I used to beg why we can't jump on a pirogue and go Venezuela and play ah game. Nothing. The team was flat as a tawat in Panama. I personally blamed the players for some of the down fall also. They may have felt they "reach" so to say. They did not do their personal fitness to keep the edge they have gained in the GC. Especially the local lads. Hart and DJW were never on the same page. DJW already had his agenda. When my Breds, Kendal Walkes, told me of the conversations he had with the newly elected, I cringed. I realized then that anybody that Tim Kee hired would be fired. That is the results of the new admin.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:26 AM »
Saintfiet was the default choice for the job as the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association reportedly couldn't afford Frenchman Philippe Troussier's salary terms, and the TTFA technical committee that was working on the coaching hire -- via Google -- questioned whether the other candidates, Colombians Luis Suarez and Eduardo Lara, spoke English.

de search expanding to include facebook and twitter.

maybe dey could try craigslist next?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:51:16 AM by ribbit »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
Deeks it was 4 months between the last Mexico game and the Haiti playoff.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>