March 28, 2024, 04:04:53 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)  (Read 41091 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 06:41:18 AM »
Maybe they weren't released by their clubs? What's the status of bostock? The midfield is a concern for me.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 07:12:38 AM »
Maybe they weren't released by their clubs? What's the status of bostock? The midfield is a concern for me.

Yea but Skipper playing for central fc...wheyy hyland, And boucaud? Aubrey david?

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 07:22:53 AM »

Yea but Skipper playing for central fc...wheyy hyland, And boucaud? Aubrey david?

Aubrey David is there, but maybe the clubs didn't release them also the first thing I checked for was how many w connection players in the squad. Saintfeit didn't pick these guys djw and his minions did. Saintfeit is a puppet right now.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 08:13:22 AM »
 :banginghead:very interesting

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
I not sure we have all the facts. Some players, fixtures in the national setup for years left out.

I was skeptical about his appointment but he is in and has the right to mold and shape as he sees fit.

I will judge based on what i see on the field and the results.

Bring on the games!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »
Some players have not been excluded, they just have not been included.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
Like I said, this coach is a puppet..

This is Shabazz team and the ictator team, I stated they would leave men out, hence the exclusion of certain players

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »

And KJ in T&T with Central FC eh and he play AND score what turned out to be the winner when Central buss W Connection ass 2-1 on Monday gone.

Maybe daz why KJ not in de squad

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YYVLExSlyAk#action=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YYVLExSlyAk#action=share</a>
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 11:57:44 AM »

And KJ in T&T with Central FC eh and he play AND score what turned out to be the winner when Central buss W Connection ass 2-1 on Monday gone.

Maybe daz why KJ not in de squad

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YYVLExSlyAk#action=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YYVLExSlyAk#action=share</a>

The dictator and Shabazz don't need a reason to drop our captain, they will use his lack of speed as an excuse lol which is bull, because kenwyne is one of the fastest on the team

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2016, 12:01:54 PM »
Where the pro league leading scorer - Jorsling?

We need help on top

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2016, 01:17:30 PM »
I not sure we have all the facts. Some players, fixtures in the national setup for years left out.

I was skeptical about his appointment but he is in and has the right to mold and shape as he sees fit.

Bring on the games!
That's how we should view the new coach,judge him by results so wait and see before we jump to conclusions.To start there is no KJ and that can't be bad,his input has been way under what is expected.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »

Bring on the games!
That's how we should view the new coach,judge him by results so wait and see before we jump to conclusions.To start there is no KJ and that can't be bad,his input has been way under what is expected.

Allyuh men have a very low football iq to be saying KJ getting chop is a good thing..

Show me a striker better than him now locally that can easily replace him?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2016, 05:36:10 AM »
I man not against change
But process which brought it to light..or lack there off is very annoying and vexing
Instead of building on what was accomplished by Hart before the current administration came into being..once they took over,they totally F.... uped all the effort and capital that was spent getting the game to respectability...From a high of the recent gold cup to where we are now in such a short space in time....man thats ugly personified
All I am seeing is me me me and I I I...
What's done in the dark must come to light
Terrorist in the city...I man crying blood
They just destroyed my game.....right now I taking meh ball....and I going home

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »

Bring on the games!

Allyuh men have a very low football iq to be saying KJ getting chop is a good thing..

Show me a striker better than him now locally that can easily replace him?

I don't think he should be dropped, his natural attributes enables an entire tactical approach that can be used at the start or in-game depending on the situation, but I not sure if KJ did himself any favours over the last few months with 1 goal in 2016 and there is a point of view whether the previous coaching staff pigeon holed themselves by not adequately addressing his use tactically given his lack of form. 

He is a reason why I don't like strikers being captain as that position is a form position and needs to be refreshed when players experience a dip. When a striker is captain you are a bit stuck cause you want to keep the consistency of leadership but an out of form striker is probably the most noticeable deficiency on the field.

I think overall this will be good for KJ though, this will light a fire under him as he goes into his new chapter in MLS with a real point to proove to his new employers to MLS and TTFA that he is far from done.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »
KJ not being selected for the team is not bad for KJ. He can concentrate on his club football and there's less chance of him being injured.

And maybe with him not there people will come to understand what they missing when he is not in the lineup.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
People don't know what they missing in KJ because our mid field play is lacking. KJ needs to get the ball. Some perfect, some not so perfect, in the air, on the ground, to foot, etc, etc. He does not get the kind of service he needs. He is not a great dribbler. He is hitman. Kind of like Gerd Muller. Not flashy, just get it done. We don't have the mid-fielders to service him. Look, he is not on the team with this regime. So let's move on. If that means not supporting anything TTFA .... then that is an option.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:28:46 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »
People don't know what they missing in KJ because our mid field play is lacking. KJ needs to get the ball. Some perfect, some not so perfect, in the air, on the ground, to foot, etc, etc. He does not get the kind of service he needs. He is not a great dribbler. He is hitman. Kind of like Gerd Muller. Not flashy, just get it done. We don't have the mid-fielders to service him. Look, he is not on the team with this regime. So let's move on. If that means not supporting anything TTFA .... then that is an option.

People also don't know that the dictator was put in place to destabilize our football... the late tony cozier lamented about "outside interference", well it also applies to Trinidad and Tobago football..

Kenwyne is not the problem, the problem lies deeper than that and even off of our shores..

A reminder:

Getting rid of Hart
Getting rid of kerron cummings
Getting rid of john bostock and Greg the keeper
Causing rift in team with coach and players - Molino and company
Getting rid of jones, Boucard and eventually Jan
Getting rid of guerra and others, who will not be called to play

That's how you dismantle a national team and break chemistry, TT is too threatening and is controlled from the top on instructions from  the outside interferences ...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:37:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
Contro, who is it that is telling DJW to drop them guys. As it is right now, TT was not a threat to anyone the way they been playing since the game against Haiti. Yes, at times we punch above our weight. But we don't do it consistently. You throwing things ou there like Donald. I don't need them conspiracy theories to form an opinion of DJW and his admin. That will not solve the issues. When the next election comes up, have your people present their case for running TTFA in a persuasive manner. Remember the only vote the fans have is to boycott the games. We don't vote.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
Contro, who is it that is telling DJW to drop them guys. As it is right now, TT was not a threat to anyone the way they been playing since the game against Haiti. Yes, at times we punch above our weight. But we don't do it consistently. You throwing things ou there like Donald. I don't need them conspiracy theories to form an opinion of DJW and his admin. That will not solve the issues. When the next election comes up, have your people present their case for running TTFA in a persuasive manner. Remember the only vote the fans have is to boycott the games. We don't vote.

What happened days before Haiti? That answer will tell you what was to happen after that and the downfall of our football...

You must assemble the pieces Deeks...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago’s first training session under new Head Coach Tom Saintfiet

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YqpW2ujPwVU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YqpW2ujPwVU</a>

WATCH: Saintfiet comments after his first session with the Men's Senior Team

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XQw55bHGGKk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XQw55bHGGKk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »
Shabazz of all people in the middle of it, what a travesty and a joke...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 02:32:09 PM »
Steups ah get turn off one time when ah see big belly neemackaram babwah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
we reach!

ah puppet, neemackaram, terrorist, con man and ah heap ah recycled cortinas 

and we thought we survived JW .. now this. very depressing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »

Contro, what pieces are there to assemble? Let's say for argument sake, DJW tell Saintfiet to only pick Connection and Caledonia men and they start winning and qualify. What then ? The people that you saying that are controlling DJW, going to then crucify him for allowing our guys to win? That eh make sense. If you telling me that he want his players on the squad,  so that they can get international caps so that he can sell them for more money... I will agree with you on that. He definitely did not want Hart from day one. He bid his time. He did not help Hart with warm up games. I think he was totally pissed with Hart for not agreeing with him to play the Equatorial Guinea match. And from there on everything went south for Hart. Like I said before, you don't need to convince most of us on the forum about this fiasco. Most are pissed. We just biding time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:36:45 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2016, 11:37:39 AM »

Contro, what pieces are there to assemble? Let's say for argument sake, DJW tell Saintfiet to only pick Connection and Caledonia men and they start winning and qualify. What then ? The people that you saying that are controlling DJW, going to then crucify him for allowing our guys to win? That eh make sense. If you telling me that he want his players on the squad,  so that they can get international caps so that he can sell them for more money... I will agree with you on that. He definitely did not want Hart from day one. He bid his time. He did not help Hart with warm up games. I think he was totally pissed with Hart for not agreeing with him to play the Equatorial Guinea match. And from there on everything went south for Hart. Like I said before, you don't need to convince most of us on the forum about this fiasco. Most are pissed. We just biding time.

Brother it's beyond picking connection players... it's a lot more elaborate in terms of the politics and scheme going on.. if you can't see past simple nepotism then you won't see the bigger picture of the corruption that exists

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior Team enters final week of preparations before Nicaragua friendlies
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2016, 03:07:13 PM »
Senior Team enters final week of preparations before Nicaragua friendlies
TTFA Media

As the National Team prepares to head into its first residential under head coach Tom Saintfiet on Tuesday, members of the team have given positive feedback about the preparations so far which commenced last Thursday leading into the two upcoming friendlies against Nicaragua.

Saintfiet has conducted four sessions so far and will oversee double sessions daily from Tuesday as he gets his squad ready for the two matches in Managua to be followed by the CFU Gold Cup playoff matches at the Ato Boldon Stadium against Suriname and Haiti on January 4 and 8th. The team departs Port of Spain on Christmas evening.

Goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams who has spent the last two sessions also working with goalkeeper coach Lukas Wojciak, said Saintfiet has made a strong impression so far.

“It’s been really good so far. I think the coach obviously has the right ideas, he has all the qualifications for the job and he has come in and imposed himself really well on the group. He has made his intentions clear which is to firstly qualify for the Gold Cup and then the World Cup. I think he was well received by the players and it augers well for the future of the football in Trinidad and Tobago. He knows his stuff and he has really gotten off to a very good start,” Williams told TTFA Media on Sunday after training at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

Williams noted the importance of the team achieving positive results and regaining  confidence as it prepares to enter a busy 2017 calendar.

“ Now is crunch time for us. We have to buckle down as a team and we have to get back to winning ways. I think the coach knows his stuff and with that extra drive and motivation we should do well. Although we may not have our full compliment of players for Nicaragua I think a lot of the local based players are getting a chance to show that they deserve a spot,” the Central FC custodian added.

Mexican-based forward Shahdon Winchester said it was important that the squad members focus on  playing their parts in helping the team achieve positive results in the matches to come.

“ So far things have been going good with the addition of the new players and technical staff. I am pleased with the sessions so far and I think we can only go up from here. I think he (Saintfiet) strongly believes in his philosophy which is a good thing. The four games are important. The two games against Nicaragua are warm ups for us heading into the Suriname and Haiti games. As coach said, he came here to do a job, and we as players have to help him do that job,” Winchester said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2016, 09:14:20 PM »
WATCH: Senior Team continues preparations for upcoming International Friendlies against Nicaragua

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t4bh1KWksic" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t4bh1KWksic</a>

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 05:37:55 AM »
Cornell poised for shock return! But Jan and Nathaniel are out as Saintfiet stands firm
Lasana Liburd  Monday 19 December 2016 Global Football, National Football, Volley 20 Comments

Former World Cup 2006 attacker Cornell Glen looks set to return to the international stage after a three-year absence from the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team.

The 36-year-old Glen, who now plays professionally in India for Ozone FC Bengaluru, last wore the red, white and black strip on 15 July 2013 when the Soca Warriors were edged 1-0 by Mexico in the quarterfinal round of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago international striker Cornell Glen (centre) celebrates with teammates during his spell with I-League team, Shillong Lajong FC. (Copyright DNA India)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago international striker Cornell Glen (centre) celebrates with teammates during his spell with I-League team, Shillong Lajong FC.
(Copyright DNA India)
Glen left Pro League outfit, North East Stars, for Shillong Lajong FC in the I-League—immediately after the regional competition—and was never selected to represent Trinidad and Tobago since.

However, Wired868 understands that Glen could be set for a surprise recall to the national side and might join the squad in Nicaragua.

Glen is joint fifth on Trinidad and Tobago’s all-time scoring charts alongside former National Senior Team captain Kenwyne Jones, who was omitted by Saintfiet. Both forwards have 23 international goals although Glen’s 67 caps are 20 shy of Jones’ tally.

Former World Cup 2006 striker Stern John is in a class of his own with 70 international goals followed by fellow retirees Angus Eve (34), Russell Latapy (29) and Arnold Dwarika (28). Ex-World Cup 2006 captain and Manchester United star Dwight Yorke, according to the RSSSF statistics, is ninth with 19 goals for his country.

National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet refused to confirm or deny Glen’s possible recall until the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) officially names the travelling team tomorrow.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet (right) makes a point to paramedic Dave Isaacs during training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on 15 December 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Williams/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet (right) makes a point to paramedic Dave Isaacs during training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on 15 December 2016.
(Courtesy Nicholas Williams/Wired868)
But Saintfiet admitted that are there vacancies within his squad for the Nicaragua outings on 27 and 31 November, due to the sudden unavailability of several members of his initial 29-man squad.

San Juan Jabloteh striker Willis Plaza leaves this week for a trial in Dubai while Orlando City midfield ace Kevin Molino and San Jose Earthquakes winger Cordell Cato have business with their clubs. Attacker Joevin Jones, who won the MLS Cup with Seattle Sounders three weeks ago, also asked for additional time off to recover from his long season.

It means Saintfiet may be forced to summon additional Pro League players, which could open the door for the likes of Jabloteh wingers Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles, Defence Force midfielder Jerwyn Balthazar and Morvant Caledonia United utility player Jameel Neptune or the Police FC pair of Christon Thomas and Kareem Freitas.

Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling and Jabloteh frontman Jamal Gay—based on the coach’s explanation for excluding Kenwyne—might be unsuitable to Saintfiet’s plans.

Two players who definitely will not figure in Saintfiet’s contingent for Nicaragua are goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and midfielder Nathaniel Garcia, after the national coach failed to reach a compromise with their employer, Central FC, who are chasing a hattrick of Pro League titles.

Photo: Central FC goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams makes one of three penalty saves against Don Bosco FC in the 2015 Caribbean Club Championship semifinals. Central won 3-1 on kicks from the penalty mark. (Courtesy Allan V Crane/Wired868)
Photo: Central FC goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams makes one of three penalty saves against Don Bosco FC in the 2015 Caribbean Club Championship semifinals.
Central won 3-1 on kicks from the penalty mark.
(Courtesy Allan V Crane/Wired868)
Saintfiet initially called up both players, along with midfielder Sean De Silva, but was infuriated when the “Couva Sharks” insisted on deciding when they could train and refused to accept a directive that they skip Pro League matches on Tuesday and Friday night.

FIFA rules mean that clubs are not obliged to release players outside of the international match window, although Central were the only local team to take that hardline.

Ironically, both club and country will miss out on playmaker Sean De Silva after the two-time World Youth Cup midfielder injured his groin at national practice and will now spend two weeks on the sidelines.

At the height of Saintfiet’s disagreement with Central FC, he unfavourably compared their managing director, Brent Sancho, to his last employer in Bangladesh—he did not accuse Sancho of a third world mentality, as initially suggested by his assistant coach Jamaal Shabazz and Sancho himself.

Saintfiet still accused Central of reneging on a gentleman’s agreement to release players to the national team whenever deemed necessary. But the Warriors coach promised to consider the pair for next month’s Gold Cup play off fixtures against Suriname and Haiti on 4 and 8 January respectively.

Photo: Central FC midfielder Nathaniel Garcia runs with the ball while San Juan Jabloteh players (from left) Kennedy Hinkson, Keyon Edwards and Damian Williams keep watch during Pro League action on 17 May 2016 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain. Jabloteh won 3-2. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Central FC midfielder Nathaniel Garcia runs with the ball while San Juan Jabloteh players (from left) Kennedy Hinkson, Keyon Edwards and Damian Williams keep watch during Pro League action on 17 May 2016 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.
Jabloteh won 3-2.
(Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
“I don’t want to [create problems for] my players,” Saintfiet told Wired868. “They [are] split in two directions; they want to respect the club and the owner and they want to play for their country…

“I need time to work with my players and see how they implement my technical ideas and it is always best to have [time to work with your] players. But I never close doors or have any problem with players.

“It is a decision from their club and I will not punish players who are forced into a situation [like that]. I will analyse [our training sessions in] the coming week and our friendlies against Nicaragua and reassess the [need for Williams and Garcia].”

Central operations director Kevin Harrison insisted that the club are light on numbers at present, due to injuries and suspension, and cannot do without Williams and Garcia.

At present, they do not have the services of injured defenders Robert Primus and Kaydion Gabriel while midfielder Leston Paul is suspended and forward Kenwyne Jones—who is on loan from MLS team Atlanta United—has headed to Atlanta on business. De Silva has now joined the injury list.

Photo: Central FC midfielder Sean De Silva trains with the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team in November 2015. (Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Photo: Central FC midfielder Sean De Silva trains with the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team in November 2015.
(Courtesy Nicholas Bhajan/Wired868)
Harrison said there were no hard feelings over De Silva’s injury, although he alleged that his club have often paid to rehab players injured on international duty such as Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 forward Nicholas Dillon.

He insisted that all Central wanted was compromise.

“We definitely don’t want to effect the players’ careers by trying to prove a point to the coach, which certainly seems to be his intention towards the club,” Harrison told Wired868. “However, we have to consider the club’s position first… We are the players’ employers and we do pay their salaries and we feel that should be respected.

“Nathaniel Garcia is very keen to play [for Trinidad and Tobago] and Jan wants to reassert himself in the national team. Sean probably [got injured in national team training because he] over-exerted himself, as he was so keen to impress.

“We don’t want conflict with our players because we don’t want to release them. We talked to them and they understand [our] position and we understand their position.”

Photo: Central FC midfielder and captain Darren Mitchell (foreground) celebrates his game winning strike against San Juan Jabloteh in Pro League action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 2 December 2016. (Courtesy Sean Morrison/Wired868)
Photo: Central FC midfielder and captain Darren Mitchell (foreground) celebrates his game winning strike against San Juan Jabloteh in Pro League action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 2 December 2016.
(Courtesy Sean Morrison/Wired868)
The Sharks, who are four points clear at the top of the table, face second from bottom Morvant Caledonia on Tuesday night and then sixth placed Defence Force on Friday. And Williams and Garcia will have to make do with those less exotic challenges.

For Saintfiet and his team, Christmas and Old Year’s Day celebrations are both cancelled as they prepare for life after ex-head coach Stephen Hart.

Apart from Glen, combative midfielder Kevan George also looks set to join the team in Nicaragua, although he will miss their first fixture.

Despite losing several key players for various reasons—and Eredivise winger Levi Garcia is the latest player to be ruled out of next month’s Gold Cup play offs—Saintfiet was satisfied with his first week on the job and, from all reports, the players have responded positively to his training sessions.

“I don’t want to think too much about [the players who] we do not have,” said Saintfiet. “We have to construct a team with the players who are available. We want to go to Nicaragua and see how good we are with who we have.”

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet (centre) and Dr Terence Babwah (left) talk to defender Carlyle Mitchell during training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on 15 December 2016. (Courtesy Nicholas Williams/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet (centre) and Dr Terence Babwah (left) talk to defender Carlyle Mitchell during training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain on 15 December 2016.
(Courtesy Nicholas Williams/Wired868)
(Trinidad and Tobago training squad)

Goalkeepers: Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC);

Defenders: Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Daneil Cyrus, Maurice Ford (both W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E-Land FC—Korea Republic), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Sillamae Kallen—Estonia), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Aubrey David (Dallas FC—USA);

Midfielders: Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Alvin Jones, Hughtun Hector (both W Connection), Elton John (Ma Pau Stars);

Attacking midfielders: Aikim Andrews (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Jomoul Francois (St Ann’s Rangers);

Forwards: Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues—USA);

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago attacker Cornell Glen (left) tries to elude a Mexico player during the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup. (Courtesy CONCACAF)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago attacker Cornell Glen (left) tries to elude a Mexico player during the 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
(Courtesy CONCACAF)
Out: Jan Michael Williams (Central FC), Sheldon Bateau (Krylia Sovetov Samara—Russia), Nathaniel Garcia (Central FC), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—USA), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—USA), Kevin Molino (Orlando City—USA), Willis Plaza (San Juan Jabloteh),

Possible Additions: Kevan George (Jackson Armada FC—USA), Cornell Glen (Ozone FC Bengaluru—India).
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
Honestly speaking, how can Jan face Babwah now?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
When is kerron going to return? Glen returning? Steups

Real nonsense...

Hart had the right approach, young team and upcoming players..

1]; } ?>